Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 06:30 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 05:52 PM
Space Available For Rent • Hauppauge
by Larry Miller - 12/04/20 02:35 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Larry Miller #749640 11/19/20 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is any town club growing? Anyone know of a model thats working?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #749645 11/19/20 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is any town club growing? Anyone know of a model thats working?

Any model that puts kids above parents and board members egos is better then what we have now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749646 11/19/20 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring Mitch Paly back - VOTE THE BOARD OUT - VOTE DOC OUT -
All you need to start is to get enough signatures from current members

Bring back Mitch Pally and the club will have instant credibility. The selfishness of the board would be over.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749647 11/19/20 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring Mitch Paly back - VOTE THE BOARD OUT - VOTE DOC OUT -
All you need to start is to get enough signatures from current members

Bring back Mitch Pally and the club will have instant credibility. The selfishness of the board would be over.

What makes anyone think that he wants to come back?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749648 11/19/20 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he doesn't but worth asking him. The people in charge need to go. Maybe they can put together an advisory committee of ex board members who can help with new board members. They can hold regular meetings and ask questions of the board and publish them on the website. Just can't be from the current group after they leave or get voted out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749649 11/19/20 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he doesn't but worth asking him. The people in charge need to go. Maybe they can put together an advisory committee of ex board members who can help with new board members. They can hold regular meetings and ask questions of the board and publish them on the website. Just can't be from the current group after they leave or get voted out.

Good idea. Only ex-members who don't have kids in the club or any club for that matter should be eligible. Also would have to not have been on the board for a certain amount of time like 3 years.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749670 11/20/20 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything about when board elections will take place? Does anyone know who is up for re-election?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749672 11/20/20 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kids played at Stony Brook recently. No issue, no problems. There were a few demanding parents but im sure thats in every club

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749675 11/20/20 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kids played at Stony Brook recently. No issue, no problems. There were a few demanding parents but im sure thats in every club

If it is this bad in every club then there would be a lot more posts about other clubs. This board of directors is the worst. Vote them out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749677 11/20/20 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it is this bad in every club then there would be a lot more posts about other clubs. This board of directors is the worst. Vote them out.

This has been going on for the last couple of years with the same issue. I have no skin in the game but voice your opinions or there will never be change there or just leave !

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749681 11/20/20 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference here is there are bitter ex board members who were throw off the board for cause keeping the hate alive. Couple that with parents of kids who got be teamed and trashy ex team admins and you have your answer as to why this thread stays alive. Some on here should be careful as these posts aren’t as anonymous as you think.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749685 11/20/20 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference here is there are bitter ex board members who were throw off the board for cause keeping the hate alive. Couple that with parents of kids who got be teamed and trashy ex team admins and you have your answer as to why this thread stays alive. Some on here should be careful as these posts aren’t as anonymous as you think.

Hahahahaha. ok. Linda Ward!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749733 11/22/20 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As one of those trashy ex admins no sorry. I ran our team like clockwork the board folks I dealt with even said so. Guy who replaced me when I fought the status quo and refused to be associated with it again has done well too and agrees the program is garbage.

People who dismiss what we the admins or ex admins say are the problem. Nash can't be everywhere. The trainers don't see or hear everything. We the admins are the direct link between the kids their parents and their pulse on what they feel and want. So you might want to listen to them. We know more than any board member because we're in the trenches.

We are also the customers. So when we tell you our parents are concerned with the pressure for full year soccer is not a good thing or that crating two teams of skeleton crews which causes most kids to play 50+ games in a year is bad maybe listen.

There are people who have studied what creates burn out and dropping if sports. Stony brook violates literally every single tenet they warn about. It didn't used to be that way as little as 5-6 years ago.

Judging by writing styles and different perspectives and messages you've got close to a dozen people participating here. There are probably 3x that many who feel the same but either don't know about this place or dont speak up.

Choose your fights wisely. You're outnumbered. Badly. If you happen to be a board member you are seeing the end under your watch. Choose wisely.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749739 11/23/20 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely wasn't like this 5-6 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749764 11/23/20 03:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really - this is what the club has come to. Admins going on here talking crap because they didn’t get their way? Grow up and place your name and stop hiding behind keyboard. This is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749766 11/23/20 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really - this is what the club has come to. Admins going on here talking crap because they didn’t get their way? Grow up and place your name and stop hiding behind keyboard. This is ridiculous.

You can also look at it the other way. Club not responsive to the admins and now are being called out for it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749767 11/23/20 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people post anonymously ripping people who post anonymously? Don't you realize how hypocritical you are?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749768 11/23/20 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As one of those trashy ex admins no sorry. I ran our team like clockwork the board folks I dealt with even said so. Guy who replaced me when I fought the status quo and refused to be associated with it again has done well too and agrees the program is garbage.

People who dismiss what we the admins or ex admins say are the problem. Nash can't be everywhere. The trainers don't see or hear everything. We the admins are the direct link between the kids their parents and their pulse on what they feel and want. So you might want to listen to them. We know more than any board member because we're in the trenches.

We are also the customers. So when we tell you our parents are concerned with the pressure for full year soccer is not a good thing or that crating two teams of skeleton crews which causes most kids to play 50+ games in a year is bad maybe listen.

There are people who have studied what creates burn out and dropping if sports. Stony brook violates literally every single tenet they warn about. It didn't used to be that way as little as 5-6 years ago.

Judging by writing styles and different perspectives and messages you've got close to a dozen people participating here. There are probably 3x that many who feel the same but either don't know about this place or dont speak up.

Choose your fights wisely. You're outnumbered. Badly. If you happen to be a board member you are seeing the end under your watch. Choose wisely.

Either you need to get laid or buy batteries. You Stony Brook parents are pathetic. My kids played at middle country, every time we played you guys we had to be reminded about where we lived. Parents there are trash

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749769 11/23/20 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So people should not be allowed to voice their opinion anonymously but you should be afforded the luxury??? Beginning to see why people have problems with the board there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749773 11/23/20 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either you need to get laid or buy batteries. You Stony Brook parents are pathetic. My kids played at middle country, every time we played you guys we had to be reminded about where we lived. Parents there are trash

I am a Stony Brook parent and there is nothing wrong with where you live. Please don't think we are all the same.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749776 11/23/20 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can also look at it the other way. Club not responsive to the admins and now are being called out for it.

It depends how you look at that, are they talking to Nash or going to the board? I’ve been told Nash always try’s to hide things from the board so they don’t get the full story. I heard that the board doesn’t care either. Both scenarios suck.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749786 11/23/20 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I chuckled at this. We play for a neighboring town and agree stony brook parents are a**holes. I speak for all neighboring towns, we don't want you guys here. Peace & Love

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749787 11/24/20 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The merge is working perfectly fine...for board members kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749804 11/24/20 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The merge is working perfectly fine...for board members kids.

So Ungrateful. Just be thankful your kid get to share the same fields as Stony Brook Royalty!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749805 11/24/20 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
years back my sons coach had a stony brook parent call him and threaten him due to a lopsided score. the entitlement is strong in stony brook. this thread is a prime example

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!