Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 06:30 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 05:52 PM
Space Available For Rent • Hauppauge
by Larry Miller - 12/04/20 02:35 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Where are all the Referees?
Anonymous414141 #699331 01/02/18 04:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he wants travel or premier he'll need to take a certification course - google it. Website will have information on upcoming classes. Much of it is done on line. AYSO also trains referees and is a good way to get started, and since it's rec and ulittles the parents tend to be more sane smile .

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #699357 01/02/18 11:49 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the best way to get started as a referee? Unfortunately my son's soccer career is over and ow he wants to still be involved and make some extra cash

If he's at least 16 years old he can start as a USSF Grade 8 Referee. Caution: Unless he develops a real passion for it he may be disappointed. I would not recommend doing it just for the money. He needs to love doing it because it will be tough, especially in the beginning because he will make mistakes, just like a new player would and learn from them but those mistakes could have a negative impact on the game and it could affect his confidence.
Getting certified as a USSF Grade 8 will give him the most access to more games in numerous leagues depending on where he lives. If you want to start slower, have him take a Grade 9 class and be an AR at first and he can make some money and decide if he wants to progress and work more as a Center Referee. If you can, take the class with him and you can both work as ARs together, I have had the pleasure of working games with father/son pairs and it can be fun and rewarding. Look for a class in your area and there will be an online training segment in addition to classroom training. How old is he, what does he really want out of it aside from making money? Does he have the passion to stick with it? We need referees and really need young people all over the country!

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #699393 01/03/18 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
What is the best way to get started as a referee? Unfortunately my son's soccer career is over and ow he wants to still be involved and make some extra cash

If he's at least 16 years old he can start as a USSF Grade 8 Referee. Caution: Unless he develops a real passion for it he may be disappointed. I would not recommend doing it just for the money. He needs to love doing it because it will be tough, especially in the beginning because he will make mistakes, just like a new player would and learn from them but those mistakes could have a negative impact on the game and it could affect his confidence.
Getting certified as a USSF Grade 8 will give him the most access to more games in numerous leagues depending on where he lives. If you want to start slower, have him take a Grade 9 class and be an AR at first and he can make some money and decide if he wants to progress and work more as a Center Referee. If you can, take the class with him and you can both work as ARs together, I have had the pleasure of working games with father/son pairs and it can be fun and rewarding. Look for a class in your area and there will be an online training segment in addition to classroom training. How old is he, what does he really want out of it aside from making money? Does he have the passion to stick with it? We need referees and really need young people all over the country!
That was some amazing advice. I applaud your sincerity.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #699542 01/08/18 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at this from a money perspective the current pay system holds back advancement. The pay scale of an AR making slightly less that a CR is based on three adults doing a game. The truth of the matter is that AR's are usually entry level kids and their pay should significantly less than the CR based on age and experience. If that was the case, more AR's would be looking to move to the center for a significant pay increase. Most kids are very happy to stay on the line forever knowing that if they blow a call the CR will override them anyway. Easy money, limited pressure. Very few want to go the center!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #699568 01/08/18 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being an AR is actually just as important to the game as the CR. I know it doesn't seem that way, but without a 3 man crew, its a different game.

The pay for an AR in LIJ and NYCSL is half of what the CR makes. In the higher level games, it varies, but in higher level games they offer a better pay to the assistant referees. It depends on the league. Most of the reasons why an AR doesn't become a CR is NOT because of the pay, but because being a CR takes confidence and knowledge and many young referees just don't have it or even want it. Who wants to be screamed at while they are work? Not a teenager. This is what the OP said in the first post. Where are all the referees?

I would say that sometimes when I am a CR and my AR doesn't show and I'm doing twice the work, I would love to take his pay lol.

I would agree tho with LIReff, you have to love the game. If you don't give a crap it shows.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #699571 01/08/18 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at this from a money perspective the current pay system holds back advancement. The pay scale of an AR making slightly less that a CR is based on three adults doing a game. The truth of the matter is that AR's are usually entry level kids and their pay should significantly less than the CR based on age and experience. If that was the case, more AR's would be looking to move to the center for a significant pay increase. Most kids are very happy to stay on the line forever knowing that if they blow a call the CR will override them anyway. Easy money, limited pressure. Very few want to go the center!

Limited pressure??? Not on your life. You don't think these kids get harassed just as bad as the center ref for blowing a call? Why do you think the attrition rate is so high? If the pay was lower these kids would no way do this. I do agree that few want to advance but the ones that do feel that have the ability to do it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #699577 01/08/18 07:56 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Yes as for the limited pressure, not true at all. A few Springs ago we had a teenage Grade 9 AR assaulted! They have pressure also and that is why most Grade 9s that I ask DO NOT want to work small sided games as Grade 9s even though they have the qualification and experience because they do not want to put up with the Adults abuse and irrational behavior. It's not about the money and they prove it by not wanting more money to work as CRs because along with the money comes increased pressure and they are vulnerable to abuse that many just do not want to have to deal with. Think about that the next time you see a young AR working a game.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #699593 01/09/18 10:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After asking a parent to not speak to the AR because she is a child, I said, this could be your daughter. Then she actually said, my daughter is an AR. She then apologized to the young lady and to me and said she let her emotions get the best of her. Everyone heard her. The rest of the game was quiet. As it should be.

In the ADL games mostly boys 8-12 parents are not allowed to say anything. If there is any words besides cheering, the parent is asked to leave immediately. It is really such a different game. The boys all talk to each other. Coaches barely say anything, and they wait for the periods to end to discuss improvements that need to be made. (they have 4 periods and subbing happens after the periods for the most part). If a player gets out of control he is asked to sit for the period. Its a totally different game, but its amazing to officiate and the players are some of the best I've seen in their age group. Completely developmental and so much respect for the game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #699598 01/09/18 10:44 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

I can tell you're not a referee. You are are simply wrong. The pay system is NOT holding anyone from becoming a CR. The high pressure of the game is holding them back. Your idea of paying according to experience would not work. More experienced referees get higher level games and many times there are 2 Grade 8 referees working as ARs for a Grade 5 State Referee or a Grade 7 Referee. Do you propose we have a different pay system for them? That doesn't work the current system pay ladder pays the AR the same regardless of whether it's an adult or a child because they are doing the same job, men and women also get the same because the pay is age/gender neutral. Your idea that kids don't care when they blow a call (and that call would be offside) because I have to talk them back in to game if that happens. They get upset, they are just like players (and many of them are) so when they blow a call they are very upset and many of the older ones handle it better because they are experienced. There is no EASY money for young referees, let me explain, it is tough, it can be rough on young sensitive minds, I have to look at that and make sure their minds can shake it off and move on when they make a mistake. I need them for the next call we're all in it to get better and learn from our mistakes. Especially if it's on a fast break and they are behind on the run and I am on the opposite side of the field and get blocked by a player and also miss the call. Yes it happens. 99% of the time I am in position and can make the offside call because this new young referee missed the call. They still feel bad. Imagine how they feel if I also miss the call and a goal is scored. Just like an own goal for a player, you have to get the young referee back in to the game and refocus them and get them to shake it off.

So picture this, they blew the offside call and this is my 10th game as a Center Referee and I miss the call also. Epic screaming. How do you think they handle that? It is never easy money for them. They EARN it and I keep saying it on these boards and everyone knows this- We have the finest young people reffing games because they are trying to do their best and doing a great job in a very hostile environment. Try and give THEM a break.

In the meantime, "good better, best, never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best". I recently read that. People mostly referee because they love the beautiful game and they want to do the right thing and get better every game. Nobody steps on the pitch and says to themselves "today I am going to blow a call" because it's limited pressure.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #699636 01/09/18 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you're not a referee. You are are simply wrong. The pay system is NOT holding anyone from becoming a CR. The high pressure of the game is holding them back. Your idea of paying according to experience would not work. More experienced referees get higher level games and many times there are 2 Grade 8 referees working as ARs for a Grade 5 State Referee or a Grade 7 Referee. Do you propose we have a different pay system for them? That doesn't work the current system pay ladder pays the AR the same regardless of whether it's an adult or a child because they are doing the same job, men and women also get the same because the pay is age/gender neutral. Your idea that kids don't care when they blow a call (and that call would be offside) because I have to talk them back in to game if that happens. They get upset, they are just like players (and many of them are) so when they blow a call they are very upset and many of the older ones handle it better because they are experienced. There is no EASY money for young referees, let me explain, it is tough, it can be rough on young sensitive minds, I have to look at that and make sure their minds can shake it off and move on when they make a mistake. I need them for the next call we're all in it to get better and learn from our mistakes. Especially if it's on a fast break and they are behind on the run and I am on the opposite side of the field and get blocked by a player and also miss the call. Yes it happens. 99% of the time I am in position and can make the offside call because this new young referee missed the call. They still feel bad. Imagine how they feel if I also miss the call and a goal is scored. Just like an own goal for a player, you have to get the young referee back in to the game and refocus them and get them to shake it off.

So picture this, they blew the offside call and this is my 10th game as a Center Referee and I miss the call also. Epic screaming. How do you think they handle that? It is never easy money for them. They EARN it and I keep saying it on these boards and everyone knows this- We have the finest young people reffing games because they are trying to do their best and doing a great job in a very hostile environment. Try and give THEM a break.

In the meantime, "good better, best, never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best". I recently read that. People mostly referee because they love the beautiful game and they want to do the right thing and get better every game. Nobody steps on the pitch and says to themselves "today I am going to blow a call" because it's limited pressure.

Respectfully, the AR's that our club turns out struggle with the most basic rules. Yes they can control intramural games but if a tough technical call needs to be made they just don't seem to have the knowledge of the laws. I see the same thing when they are on the line in travel games. Too many AR's don't work at their craft. Us oldtimers are still asking each other "what if....." questions all the time in effort to be prepared for those 1 in a million calls. Many young ones don't. The more they know, the better prepared. The better prepared, the less guessing and hopefully less grief because on LI there will always be bitching which is terrible

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #699640 01/10/18 08:08 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

Respectfully, the AR's that our club turns out struggle with the most basic rules. Yes they can control intramural games but if a tough technical call needs to be made they just don't seem to have the knowledge of the laws. I see the same thing when they are on the line in travel games. Too many AR's don't work at their craft. Us oldtimers are still asking each other "what if....." questions all the time in effort to be prepared for those 1 in a million calls. Many young ones don't. The more they know, the better prepared. The better prepared, the less guessing and hopefully less grief because on LI there will always be bitching which is terrible

Not sure what you mean by the "ARs that our club turns out" because most Grade 9s receive training from a USSF Instructor. Yes it is incumbent upon us to keep up with the law changes and study and be prepared. Referees should always have a pre game meeting to review a few things and reiterate who does what and how to run the game. Even if the games are running late a short meeting is essential to cover important issues regarding the game. I always go over Law 11 since there were recent changes that cause a lot of confusion. The higher level the game, the more challenging the match can be so being prepared is essential. It is incumbent upon the Center Referee to prepare the crew so that he or she leads them properly because if you are not getting better every game then something is wrong. In LIJSL games we are required to evaluate the ARs so as to place them and assign them properly to games commensurate to their skills and experience. We have to always get better, we owe it to the game and to the players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #700066 01/20/18 10:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are some tips I would offer up to referees of all ages and skill levels:

1: Know the rules. It shouldn't be that hard. Know when an indirect kick is appropriate, know that you can't be offsides if you were in your defensive half when the ball was kicked, know that a goalie deflection or the ball hitting the goal frame does not reset offsides, etc.

2: If you are reffing with linesmen, look to them for help. You don't need to see everything, but use the 2 other pairs of eyes. In too many games I see zero communication between the linesmen and the ref.

3: If you are a linesman, speak up! You're allowed to call a foul if the ref misses it. My son is only U13 but I've already seen kids who have realized they can do anything they want to an opponent once the ref turns his back.

4. Try your best to be in position. There's nothing worse than a linesman that does not move with the last defender or a referee that doesn't leave the center circle. And finally,

5. Call games tight in the opening 10-15 minutes. Set that tone early and you'll have fewer problems the rest of the way.

Well said, a lazy ref does not get a pass from me. I don't really care if it's his 3rd game of the day. It is my kids 1st game. Tired? Don't take the money. Too old to move? Retire. When you accept the money, you accept the responsibility to move with the speed of play. Tournaments get a pass because I am aware they must do many games.
You want an easier game? Take the U little sir an adult league. We paid you for your service, accept the total package. If the fans are rude, report it and avoid later. Expect us to report lousy officials. Two way street.

I was a coach before I was a ref and it's been about 7 years and I have reffed in many leagues (youth, adult, co-ed, HS) and I ref at least 3-5 games a day often and I have matured as a ref.
I stick to a few basic principles and I almost never have issues with you parents and coaches. Here's why:

I try to maintain good position so that I am in the best line of sight to make the call where play is involved. That doesn't mean I am going to make every call 100% correctly. Referees miss calls - fact of life. And if I miss a call I will NEVER, NEVER change it just because you as a parent, coach or player suggest I do. If my AR waives his or her flag then I will either defer to their call or confer with them to see what they saw that I didn't.

I call what I see (or what my ARs see) - it's a very simple concept that most of you don't get - you might handle the ball in a game in which I am the sole CR but your back is to me and I can't see you handle the ball. I am not going to make a call just because the parents are screaming "Handball". You wouldn't want me to award a PK to the opposition just because the other coach yelled at me to do so would you?

There is a difference between "let them play" and "let them foul". If the offense is trifling and doesn't affect play then that is a good time to let them play but if fouls go unpunished, they continue and games can get out of hand. I never want a game to get out of hand to the pint that someone might get hurt. And yes a foul is still a foul in the Penalty Area and I will award a PK, probably more so than a lot of refs.

I DO NOT TOLERATE DISSENT BY WORD OR DEED. i don't have to - it's in black and white LOTG and memorandums to referees. Before the game, in my instructions to players and coaches i tell them that. If the coach starts chirping then the players to follow so Mr/Mrs Coach who starts screaming at me-I will walk over to the touchline and remind you that my job is to ref and your job is to coach and if I have to come back over to the touchline you will spend the rest of the game in your car. The same goes for parents. If parents are being disruptive i will come back to Mr/Mrs Coach and ask them to go speak to their parents because if I cannot identify the offending parent to have him or her removed i will dismiss you Mr/Mrs Coach.
Address the problem early and games go smoothly.

Most of all I am consistent in my approach to the game so if you're team is getting more fouls called , it is because they are committing most fouls. Do the right thing parents-cheer for your kid, learn the LOTG as many of you are really misinformed, and I could write a comedy book about some of the things I have heard from the sidelines. Don't yell at the ref because it's not going to help your child become a better soccer player and you set a bad example. Dissent never leads to anything good -referees don't change their minds because you disagree with them and it will only lead to cautions or send offs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #700130 01/22/18 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All referees should adopt a zero tolerance approach to dissent. Shut it down immediately and take s#1t from no one. I used to worry that my assignments would suffer the following week if I cautioned too many players for dissent, sent off a coach or had a spectator removed. Often times, when I was newer, my assignment would suffer. But you can take comfort int he fact that there is a massive shortage and you will still get plenty of games. On the upside, you will develop a reputation as a referee who doesn't take any s#1t and your games will be much easier the next time you encounter those players, coaches, spectators. Don't go out as a dictator who rules with an iron fist or go looking for trouble, god knows we have too many of those guys and they are the ones who give us a bad name. But if you are new, young, or having trouble, stop putting up with it and start dispensing justice. Over time you'll develop thicker skin and maybe even learn to enjoy some of the craziness. But YOU are in charge, so don't be afraid to take control and send parents and coaches to the parking lot.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #700132 01/22/18 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone understands referees will miss calls and emotional reactions by coaches and parents can be overblown. The biggest issue I see today is the referees rarely take control of the game, the player physicality and aggressiveness is bordering on street thuggery in games with CHILDREN. I see hard "tactical" fouls, all throughout the game, leading to fights on the field and on the sidelines.
Make a few calls early. Be more strict with the foul calls, and less reluctance to hand out yellow cards. The Middle School and High Schools have no tolerance for hard fouls, and i don't know why it's not the same in the club leagues.
The number one rule should be safety, the number two is calling the game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #700134 01/22/18 11:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the 2 jerk off parents from the Barca 06 team screaming at the refs and the coaches and sideline coaching all game long. I was at PDP tourney and they wouldn’t shut up. You couldn’t pay me enough to ref games with those clowns. Losers on longisland and they scream at refs all game long. Someone should call the cops on those 2 idiots.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #700206 01/23/18 07:53 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

All referees should adopt a zero tolerance approach to dissent. Shut it down immediately and take s#1t from no one. I used to worry that my assignments would suffer the following week if I cautioned too many players for dissent, sent off a coach or had a spectator removed. Often times, when I was newer, my assignment would suffer. But you can take comfort int he fact that there is a massive shortage and you will still get plenty of games. On the upside, you will develop a reputation as a referee who doesn't take any s#1t and your games will be much easier the next time you encounter those players, coaches, spectators. Don't go out as a dictator who rules with an iron fist or go looking for trouble, god knows we have too many of those guys and they are the ones who give us a bad name. But if you are new, young, or having trouble, stop putting up with it and start dispensing justice. Over time you'll develop thicker skin and maybe even learn to enjoy some of the craziness. But YOU are in charge, so don't be afraid to take control and send parents and coaches to the parking lot.

Not sure what you mean about reputation because most referees rarely see the same team twice during a season, the time to build a reputation is the second you first contact the home coach and set the tone. That should be followed up by proper comportment before, during and after the game. Being friendly helps, using proper language unlike the language you used on your post is important since we're supposed to set the example. As far as ejecting coaches or spectators, they are NOT ejected to the parking lot and they are expected to leave the field and it's environs. The last thing I expect is to be met by a Coach or parent that I ejected during the game in the parking lot. NOT going to happen!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #748754 10/20/20 05:08 PM
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T
i agree

Tony Dileo
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #748972 10/28/20 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bit dishonest for the referee cartel to make it so expensive to become a ref and then give new refs scraps while the old boys feast and then turn around and say there aren't enough refs, give us more money.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #748975 10/28/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The referrer shortage is a sign of people not wanting to drive all over the island to get yelled at by the coaches and parents. My daughter plays for SUSA and the behavior of some of the coaches and parents at SUSA and some of the other clubs is flat out embarrassing. If the coaches led by example then a referee would have someone They can go to to keep things civil but that is not what is going on. You sometimes have 3-5 SUSA coaches on the sideline. Yes during Covid times and more than one of them are giving direction to the SUSA players and arguing calls with the referee. Arrested development. Imagine a referee dealing with that? The referees not asking for only two coaches to be on the sideline is on them and they now have to lay in the bed they created with allowing that many adults on the sideline. My daughter sometimes comes off the field and says she was corrected by the head coach, Goalie coach, doc and of course all the parents. It’s a wonderful setting for a kid being mentally shot after a simple game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #748977 10/28/20 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The referrer shortage is a sign of people not wanting to drive all over the island to get yelled at by the coaches and parents. My daughter plays for SUSA and the behavior of some of the coaches and parents at SUSA and some of the other clubs is flat out embarrassing. If the coaches led by example then a referee would have someone They can go to to keep things civil but that is not what is going on. You sometimes have 3-5 SUSA coaches on the sideline. Yes during Covid times and more than one of them are giving direction to the SUSA players and arguing calls with the referee. Arrested development. Imagine a referee dealing with that? The referees not asking for only two coaches to be on the sideline is on them and they now have to lay in the bed they created with allowing that many adults on the sideline. My daughter sometimes comes off the field and says she was corrected by the head coach, Goalie coach, doc and of course all the parents. It’s a wonderful setting for a kid being mentally shot after a simple game.

Not trying to pick on Al-SUSA, but your post is correct. My sons team has played them recently and there are easily 3-5 coaches on the sideline. Kind of comical if you ask me. To be fair though, this happens in a lot of clubs. I guess these clubs makes it look like they are so much better than another team if the opponent only has two coaches on the sideline. The coaches rarely, if ever, tell the loud mouth parents to behave.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748985 10/28/20 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bit dishonest for the referee cartel to make it so expensive to become a ref and then give new refs scraps while the old boys feast and then turn around and say there aren't enough refs, give us more money.

This is true- when my son was reffing there would be emails all the time for last minute games, double and triple pay. The minute you clicked and responded (I mean the minute) all of the sudden they were taken. It's like the old timers know this and wait for these games. Meanwhile the games out east almost never had a ref assigned.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749012 10/29/20 09:28 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

This is true- when my son was reffing there would be emails all the time for last minute games, double and triple pay. The minute you clicked and responded (I mean the minute) all of the sudden they were taken. It's like the old timers know this and wait for these games. Meanwhile the games out east almost never had a ref assigned.

Referee Cartel??? What it’s like OPEC? Sinaloa? That word is a bit strong and the connotation to me is not acceptable.

As I posted on another forum, if you have a problem with an assignor or the games you are receiving posting it here is unprofessional and accomplishes nothing, especially if you are not discussing it first with an assigner.

As far as games out east being covered if nobody out there wants to be a referee there are obvious reasons for that.

Also it does not matter how many Coaches are in the technical area whether it is 2 or 5 if you let them get out of hand and you do nothing it will obviously continue.People are slick enough to know that rules are great but lacking enforcement makes them useless.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #749085 10/30/20 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Referee Cartel??? What it’s like OPEC? Sinaloa? That word is a bit strong and the connotation to me is not acceptable.

Is it? Why is East New York the only area that forces referees to pay to join a union instead of all USSF licensed referees being immediately able to work for any league or club assignor?

As I posted on another forum, if you have a problem with an assignor or the games you are receiving posting it here is unprofessional and accomplishes nothing, especially if you are not discussing it first with an assigner.

Why? Do clubs and leagues not have a right to know what assignors are doing in order to evaluate whether the assignor is properly serving them? Are you willing to say that no assignor anywhere plays favorites based on factors other than skill and reliability?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749093 10/30/20 03:41 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

Is it? Why is East New York the only area that forces referees to pay to join a union instead of all USSF licensed referees being immediately able to work for any league or club assignor?

Why? Do clubs and leagues not have a right to know what assignors are doing in order to evaluate whether the assignor is properly serving them? Are you willing to say that no assignor anywhere plays favorites based on factors other than skill and reliability?

I do not know who you are. Who are you talking for now? The Clubs and Leagues? Just like the assignor is not entitled to know the inner workings of the clubs and leagues the clubs and leagues are entitled to a referee that can do their job properly for the level of the game they are assigned to, PERIOD. They don’t need to also second guess the assignor. Too many already second guess what the referee is doing.
If you think discussing it here will solve whatever problem you have you are mistaken. If you want to blame some organization or specific person without bringing it to their attention first then so be it. Or are you looking to just stir up something to make someone look bad?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749328 11/09/20 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Sunday at the Polo grounds I was there to watch my daughter play and scrimmage, and the next field over was a boys 9v9 game: I believe LISC vs Barca. I cannot comment on the alleged bad calls, but the coaches behavior was horrible-berating a young referee who could not be older that 16 yrs old.
It got to the point whereby the referee final gave the coach a red card and instructed him to leave, which he refused to do, resulting in the referee asking for help from the local club (LISC) to remove him. The coach again refused so the referee called the game-good for him, and I have to say we cheered from the other sideline.
What was most disgusting were the comments coming from his young youth players towards the referee as well-this coach is a horrible role model and example for his players and I only hope the incident is reported to the club and league-this coach needs to either be re-trained or suspended/removed from the profession.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!