Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 05:30 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 01:47 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 12:17 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 12:22 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
Anonymous #748816 10/23/20 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations-good to see a LI team competing with teams outside of LI and keeping LI relevant on the soccer map.

LI is so irrelevant in the larger soccer landscape. You should probably water down that SUSA Koolaid.
Li is literally two counties. How relevant should two counties in isolation be? How relevant are Westchester/Putnam? How relevant is Westchester/Putnam as a single region?

SUSA, like them or not, are a powerful club in the northeast. Are they PDA? Not yet, but they're certainly as prominent as Match Fit or World Class and they've accomplished this in a relatively short time. I don't agree with all of their practices but it cant be denied that they getting bigger and more powerful.

PDA they will never be. What they accomplished is buying teams they didn't develop themselves which is why they as you said "accomplished this is a relatively short time" Nassau/Suffolk, Westchester/Putnam, Westchester/Putnam all a joke in the larger soccer landscape.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #748817 10/23/20 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forget to mention the most significant things that susa have accomplished. Not doing them are the reason why so many others have failed in the past and why current market players will fail in the future. What susa has done is build a strong foundation first, a sustainable business model with a short and long term strategy and direction which they have been executing and growing successfully. They secured membership in the most prestigious leagues. They staffed and established access to a diversity of facilities for year round use to keep up with the demand as they grew. They created a unique marketing position in the acquisition and development of the most advanced facility on the island. I’m sure many of us can name quite a few well intentioned soccer organizations who could of or would of been great BUT they had either a terrible business sense or lacked vision and fizzled out or stagnated to mediocrity.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748818 10/23/20 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations-good to see a LI team competing with teams outside of LI and keeping LI relevant on the soccer map.

LI is so irrelevant in the larger soccer landscape. You should probably water down that SUSA Koolaid.
Li is literally two counties. How relevant should two counties in isolation be? How relevant are Westchester/Putnam? How relevant is Westchester/Putnam as a single region?

SUSA, like them or not, are a powerful club in the northeast. Are they PDA? Not yet, but they're certainly as prominent as Match Fit or World Class and they've accomplished this in a relatively short time. I don't agree with all of their practices but it cant be denied that they getting bigger and more powerful.

PDA they will never be. What they accomplished is buying teams they didn't develop themselves which is why they as you said "accomplished this is a relatively short time" Nassau/Suffolk, Westchester/Putnam, Westchester/Putnam all a joke in the larger soccer landscape.
I'd love to know what county, or two-county contiguous region would not be considered a joke when put against the soccer landscape at large.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748838 10/25/20 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not PDA but they are in the right path. Their current set up, plus the Albertson merger it’s only going to keep attracting top LI players there.
Give it time and you’ll see SUSA become a power house. No other LI club has what Susa has

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748847 10/25/20 07:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not PDA but they are in the right path. Their current set up, plus the Albertson merger it’s only going to keep attracting top LI players there.
Give it time and you’ll see SUSA become a power house. No other LI club has what Susa has

Could possibly become true at some point..... the one thing I am grateful for is that my daughters teams parent aren’t obnoxious a-holes like most of the Susa parents. Crying to refs when suddenly their team is losing.....keep paying and drinking that Expensive kool aid enjoy!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748848 10/25/20 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could possibly become true at some point..... the one thing I am grateful for is that my daughters teams parent aren’t obnoxious a-holes like most of the Susa parents. Crying to refs when suddenly their team is losing.....keep paying and drinking that Expensive kool aid enjoy!

“Here we go Suuuusssaaaaaaa...here we go bluuuuuueeeee”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748857 10/26/20 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every single team has their crazies. From my personal experience I would say NYSC and Surf has the biggest jerk parents in this age group. SUSA mom is harmless IMO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748859 10/26/20 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every single team has their crazies. From my personal experience I would say NYSC and Surf has the biggest jerk parents in this age group. SUSA mom is harmless IMO

Thanks Mom

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748866 10/26/20 02:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are really a "top player" then SUSA is not where you go to shine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748868 10/26/20 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are really a "top player" then SUSA is not where you go to shine.

Where do you go? Is there some other amazing club on LI where all the best players play?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748898 10/27/20 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EM has Gary and he’ll make the girls better, but unfortunately they’re not attracting the top 07 girls. LISC or Surf aren’t even an option to “shine”. Hate them or not SUSA seems to be the place to be in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748922 10/27/20 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how'd local teams do this weekend? SUSA is almost finished with their fall season. EM been very inconsistent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748924 10/27/20 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
playing at SUSA your girls will not fully get the opportunity to play in an advance system of play, thus making the players transition to college ball a problem as this team is mainly a kick and run team and do not know how to posses the ball. Coach/parents are cheering if they string more than 3 passes together. While this may be successful for them at this age group, a year or two from know this team will not even complete with a team such as NYSC, LISC, NEFC etc.. as these teams again are learning a much more advanced style of play.

While the system of play at the clubs cited above will develop your child into a more advanced player making the transition into higher level play like college much easier-not to mention the other attributes the club will teach your daughter.

I am not bashing SUSA-it just the reality. Go watch a game or film and compare the styles of play. I am by no means claiming this SUSA team does not have talent-they do, some of the best individual talent around-it just a shame these girls are not being well coached.
And again before you bash this comment-watch and compare the styles of play.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748925 10/27/20 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay there Pep Guardiola (google him please, because you most likely don't know who he is), can you explain to us what that "more advanced system of play" that LISC is teaching your kid is exactly? We played LISC a few weeks back and all they did was kick the ball out whenever they were under pressure. They played hard and won plenty of balls, the whole time while their coach was yelling at them to "disrupt" the play. Definitely not your typical kick-and-run soccer, i will give you that. But even to play kick an run you need to at least keep the ball on the field. I know that a college coach is not going to ask you what style soccer your kid's team was playing during the recruitment process. But they will want to see how talented your kid is. I would go to the team with the most talented players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748926 10/27/20 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
playing at SUSA your girls will not fully get the opportunity to play in an advance system of play, thus making the players transition to college ball a problem as this team is mainly a kick and run team and do not know how to posses the ball. Coach/parents are cheering if they string more than 3 passes together. While this may be successful for them at this age group, a year or two from know this team will not even complete with a team such as NYSC, LISC, NEFC etc.. as these teams again are learning a much more advanced style of play.

While the system of play at the clubs cited above will develop your child into a more advanced player making the transition into higher level play like college much easier-not to mention the other attributes the club will teach your daughter.

Pushing an agenda that GA clubs are somehow "more advanced" than other leagues. SUSA is not a kick and run team and never has been, especially at the 07 age group.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748940 10/27/20 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how all the soccer experts here call everything kick and run. Ever heard of through balls? Usually center mid would evaluate her options and often will send the ball to her forwards (which are usually very fast girls). It definitely looks like kick and run, but it’s actually a very popular method and it’s dependent on a smart center mid and a fast forward’s chemistry.
at this age you want to see a team that plays from the back, switches fields and creates shots on goal.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748946 10/27/20 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having a 12 year old daughter play soccer automatically makes every soccer dad into Jose Mourinho.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748947 10/27/20 08:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think a thru
I love how all the soccer experts here call everything kick and run. Ever heard of through balls? Usually center mid would evaluate her options and often will send the ball to her forwards (which are usually very fast girls). It definitely looks like kick and run, but it’s actually a very popular method and it’s dependent on a smart center mid and a fast forward’s chemistry.
at this age you want to see a team that plays from the back, switches fields and creates shots on goal.
Thanks for the explanation, glad u posted that as I wasn’t sure. Think a through ball is alittle different then kick and run there cupcake, with kick and run I don’t think the kids know that the center mid is the one to distribute the ball, thanks again sweetie

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748966 10/28/20 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, does anyone really believe that aU14 ECNL team, that is in first place, is just kicking and running without any idea who the CM is and how they distribute the ball?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748981 10/28/20 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always find this "kick and run" debate to be pretty funny and it seems that the parents of the possession (or better team as the parents think) always complain when they can't score and lose when the "bad team" puts a through ball to their goal scorer on a counter attack and wins 1-0. Ideally, there's a balance right? When the backs are under a lot of pressure in their 1/3 sending a few long balls down the flanks can loosen up their space and then they can possess more and work the ball up the field. End of the day, the team that scores more wins and that's true whether it's u12, u16 or in college games - even though the same folks yelling about development, also yell when they lose b/c someone puts a long ball to a forward - you can possess all you want but you need to put the ball in the back of the net.... And for those posting that the players won't be prepared to play in college, you're likely not watching much - the majority of goal kicks and punts are sent over the half for 50/50 balls, when they could have played short- but the majority of the time they just don't so get off the soapbox. As long as the player knows they are playing into the space for a purpose and in the appropriate time in the game, it's all fine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748984 10/28/20 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, does anyone really believe that aU14 ECNL team, that is in first place, is just kicking and running without any idea who the CM is and how they distribute the ball?

Can fix stupid as the old saying goes......don’t think any team at this age should have difficulty understanding how to play the right way and not kick and run.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748986 10/28/20 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - i remember the days of our team getting beaten by "lesser" teams and parents complaining that all they did was kick and run and our possession game was so superior but the reality is we spent too much time passing backwards and being pressured in our own end to be competitive. Also kids learned bad habits, stopped shooting and basically became robots looking to pass to the same one or two players instead of developing their own vision to find passes to get forward quickly. The obsession with possession and playing tiki taka at young ages is all a trick from the club. It removed the pressure of winning from their coaches and makes parents feel good about the 5 passes in a row their 10 year olds make, so keep writing the check. It isnt about development at all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748997 10/28/20 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - i remember the days of our team getting beaten by "lesser" teams and parents complaining that all they did was kick and run and our possession game was so superior but the reality is we spent too much time passing backwards and being pressured in our own end to be competitive. Also kids learned bad habits, stopped shooting and basically became robots looking to pass to the same one or two players instead of developing their own vision to find passes to get forward quickly. The obsession with possession and playing tiki taka at young ages is all a trick from the club. It removed the pressure of winning from their coaches and makes parents feel good about the 5 passes in a row their 10 year olds make, so keep writing the check. It isnt about development at all.

Sorry this is the 2007, u14 blog not u10...as someone said u can’t fix stupid

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749002 10/29/20 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams use their "possession style of play" as a built in excuse for when they get beaten by other teams, then try to pin the kick and run label on them but once you get to this age that is rarely true at least at the upper club levels.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749116 10/31/20 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World class knock Susa off top division today.

Be equally humble in wins and losses. It’s just a U little game after all.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!