Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 05:30 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 01:47 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 12:17 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 12:22 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Re: BHS (2004:U17, 2003:U18, 2002:U19) Fall 2020/Spring 2021
Anonymous #748691 10/19/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Instead of bashing Nycfc or Susa let’s agree to disagree? Or more importantly agree if your son plays MLS Academy or Susa or another club there isn’t much separation.
I did noticed after the game all the kids whether MLS Academy or Susa rushed to check their phones and most probably forgot about the game by the time they hit Southern State.
Out of 40-45 kids from both teams maybe 5-10 play in college.

NYCFC will reach out or probably already did to poach a few SUSA players.

I can't speak to that point. But i can say that a bunch of the NYCFC players were much more skillful and faster than the SUSA players. NYCFC's midfield was technical and quick and SUSA had a difficult time stopping them in the midfield. A few of the SUSA players could possibly play for NYCFC. A striker, a midfielder and maybe a defender. But that's not what NYCFC is looking for.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #748692 10/19/20 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of bashing Nycfc or Susa let’s agree to disagree? Or more importantly agree if your son plays MLS Academy or Susa or another club there isn’t much separation.
I did noticed after the game all the kids whether MLS Academy or Susa rushed to check their phones and most probably forgot about the game by the time they hit Southern State.
Out of 40-45 kids from both teams maybe 5-10 play in college.

That’s a silly statement. Many of the kids are already committed and others are being recruited.
NYCFC will reach out or probably already did to poach a few SUSA players.

This game doesn't really matter. Sure it was fun for SUSA to play one of the top teams in the region. But in reality, what will matter is when SUSA plays in major tournaments and ECNL. Most of the teams that they play will not be as good as NYCFC and college coaches will watch SUSA there. That's really what will matter to most of these kids. And then they will either play well or not for the coaches. No college coach is going to care about this game. Just the reality of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748700 10/19/20 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To set the record straight as all NYCFC parents know the ages of the team, yesterday's team had 1 03 player (goalie that played the first half), 2 04 players (#5 & #6) and the remaining team was primarily 05's with a few 06's. This is NYCFC's u19 team because they are pushing up their 2005's as they are very high on them and want them to play bigger/older competition. The game was not close, as someone said already possession was like 90% to 10% for NYCFC. Game was decided by an unfortunate own goal but that happens as football can be a cruel game. As to another poster's claim to there not being much difference btw the teams, I'd wonder if the college coaches feel the same. The three older players on NYCFC that are college age recruitable have committed to Wake Forest, Duke & North Carolina. Do you think those college programs have heard of Susa, let's see how truly out of touch you are

The college game is a different game. And it's clear that most of those NYCFC kids aren't physical enough to play at top level D1 programs. Sorry to break it to you Mr. NYCFC but most of those kids would be eaten alive in the ACC. Yes, there are kids on that team that are committed to those schools - somebody referenced that a while ago. But I hear that one of the strikers is committed to Seton Hall. Did he do anything that a college coach would be happy to see? Of course not because he did nothing. Just in case you were unaware, the ACC isn't the only conference in D1. I am sure plenty of top conferences from good schools know SUSA and the players. And if a school likes a player, they are coming to see him no matter where he plays. I guess the point is that you shouldn't be so narrow-minded. The MLS league (which will probably collapse in a year) is not the only place that the over 200 D1 colleges recruit from. Sorry to bust your bubble but that's the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748704 10/19/20 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To set the record straight as all NYCFC parents know the ages of the team, yesterday's team had 1 03 player (goalie that played the first half), 2 04 players (#5 & #6) and the remaining team was primarily 05's with a few 06's. This is NYCFC's u19 team because they are pushing up their 2005's as they are very high on them and want them to play bigger/older competition. The game was not close, as someone said already possession was like 90% to 10% for NYCFC. Game was decided by an unfortunate own goal but that happens as football can be a cruel game. As to another poster's claim to there not being much difference btw the teams, I'd wonder if the college coaches feel the same. The three older players on NYCFC that are college age recruitable have committed to Wake Forest, Duke & North Carolina. Do you think those college programs have heard of Susa, let's see how truly out of touch you are

Congrats to the 3 boys who are going to Wake Forest, Duke and North Carolina...that is truly wonderful.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748709 10/19/20 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The college game is a different game. And it's clear that most of those NYCFC kids aren't physical enough to play at top level D1 programs. Sorry to break it to you Mr. NYCFC but most of those kids would be eaten alive in the ACC. Yes, there are kids on that team that are committed to those schools - somebody referenced that a while ago. But I hear that one of the strikers is committed to Seton Hall. Did he do anything that a college coach would be happy to see? Of course not because he did nothing. Just in case you were unaware, the ACC isn't the only conference in D1. I am sure plenty of top conferences from good schools know SUSA and the players. And if a school likes a player, they are coming to see him no matter where he plays. I guess the point is that you shouldn't be so narrow-minded. The MLS league (which will probably collapse in a year) is not the only place that the over 200 D1 colleges recruit from. Sorry to bust your bubble but that's the truth.

Totally agree with your response. Thank God colleges don't just recruit based on MLS Academy teams. They would miss out on a ton of talent otherwise from clubs like SUSA and many others out there. I guess it didn't occur to him that many very talented kids like their club, receive great training and are doing all the things necessary to get recruited to the school of their choice. Good just bubble busting on Mr. High & Mighty NYCFC dad.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748713 10/19/20 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a BHS thread. Who wins the Catholic league this year ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748716 10/19/20 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree with your response. Thank God colleges don't just recruit based on MLS Academy teams. They would miss out on a ton of talent otherwise from clubs like SUSA and many others out there. I guess it didn't occur to him that many very talented kids like their club, receive great training and are doing all the things necessary to get recruited to the school of their choice. Good just bubble busting on Mr. High & Mighty NYCFC dad.

Good job replying to yourself 😂

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748718 10/19/20 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would either of the two local MLS teams headquarter their academy in central long island? Red Bulls is based in Harrison, NJ with the academy in Whippany, NJ. NYCFC is based Yankee Stadium & Orangetown, NY with the academy based at St. Johns. There are only a few long island players across either NYCFC or RB so naive to assume there are multiple Susa players that could "play on that team". Lastly, even central long island isnt that far from either club. There are players in the academy that live in Albany and commute, etc.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748719 10/19/20 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a BHS thread. Who wins the Catholic league this year ?

Thank you.. change of topic please. So tired of the 2-3 Susa parents fighting with everyone. They now have an issue with one of the top clubs in the United States. Wendy Whiners!

I say Chaminade wins.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748726 10/19/20 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa creates their own drama over and over again. Let the boys play and STFU

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748734 10/20/20 07:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa creates their own drama over and over again. Let the boys play and STFU

Silly comment. Says more about you and your issues. But I’m sure you know that already. Move on ...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748736 10/20/20 07:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good job replying to yourself 😂

No, once again you are wrong. Completely independent reply. But you did a good job of being stupid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748738 10/20/20 08:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would either of the two local MLS teams headquarter their academy in central long island? Red Bulls is based in Harrison, NJ with the academy in Whippany, NJ. NYCFC is based Yankee Stadium & Orangetown, NY with the academy based at St. Johns. There are only a few long island players across either NYCFC or RB so naive to assume there are multiple Susa players that could "play on that team". Lastly, even central long island isnt that far from either club. There are players in the academy that live in Albany and commute, etc.

You are a bit fixated on SUSA. I'm not affiliated with SUSA at all. There is quite a bit of talent on Long Island across multiple teams, and yes that includes SUSA. I said nothing of making Central LI an MLS Team HQ.
Yes, I know of one player who commutes quite a distance to train & play for the Red Bulls. Eats in his car, does homework in the car, etc. Just him and his mom. No other family to be concerned about. It's just my opinion, but these MLS Academies miss the boat on the LI talent pool for the most part.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748741 10/20/20 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys talk about D1 college soccer like its some kind of elite level game. Have you ever watched college soccer? It is absolute garbage. Nothing to boast about.

Biggest midget in the circus.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748742 10/20/20 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys talk about D1 college soccer like its some kind of elite level game. Have you ever watched college soccer? It is absolute garbage. Nothing to boast about.

I think if you read further above, you will see that that is not the case. People have stated that D1 soccer isn't great and it's very physical. I am not sure anybody here called it elite. The soccer might not be anything to boast about but going to a good academic school for soccer is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748743 10/20/20 10:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're correct but that's the American way. We send our kids to college (JUCO, D3, D2 or D1), no matter how talented they are. College soccer does nothing to improve a really good player. They will actually regress more than likely. They play 2-4 years then go get a job and hopefully have a good life and family. Playing MLS is a joke because there is no good money for an American kid. We want retiring European or South American stars to put fannies in the seats. Rarely do we get players who are smart enough to take their talents to Europe (Pulisic, Reyna, etc) and see where they can go and how far.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748744 10/20/20 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think if you read further above, you will see that that is not the case. People have stated that D1 soccer isn't great and it's very physical. I am not sure anybody here called it elite. The soccer might not be anything to boast about but going to a good academic school for soccer is.

There are no soccer scholarships! Its a myth. Wake up

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748745 10/20/20 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no soccer scholarships! Its a myth. Wake up
Who said anything about scholarship for soccer? There is however academic money to be had. Wake up and read before you post.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748747 10/20/20 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait so I gotta give back the over 200k my son got!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748748 10/20/20 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s all you got ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748753 10/20/20 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa is thousands a year multiply that by 5-10yrs that's roughly 15k-30k you as a Susa parent would have paid depending on how long you been drinking the juice.

Some might say who cares my child had fun or money isn't an issue then God Bless but that's a lot of false dreams for average soccer players going to xyz school if anything

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748758 10/20/20 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa is thousands a year multiply that by 5-10yrs that's roughly 15k-30k you as a Susa parent would have paid depending on how long you been drinking the juice.

Some might say who cares my child had fun or money isn't an issue then God Bless but that's a lot of false dreams for average soccer players going to xyz school if anything

Silly post. People do things for their own reasons. As long as you aren't doing it, who cares. Lot's of kids get into better schools with soccer then they would have without soccer and that's a benefit outside of a scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748761 10/21/20 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly post. People do things for their own reasons. As long as you aren't doing it, who cares. Lot's of kids get into better schools with soccer then they would have without soccer and that's a benefit outside of a scholarship.

I think your post is spot on. A child may not get into college directly because of soccer, being recruited etc. but when the child applies and the admissions officers see that the child is academically sound, participates in school activities such as clubs and sports, the college gives that kid a good look. Those who don't do anything extracurricular have a harder time getting in because colleges want kids who will participate in University life and hopefully give back after they graduate. As to how much money one spends, well that is up to that individual.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748762 10/21/20 07:56 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I think your post is spot on. A child may not get into college directly because of soccer, being recruited etc. but when the child applies and the admissions officers see that the child is academically sound, participates in school activities such as clubs and sports, the college gives that kid a good look. Those who don't do anything extracurricular have a harder time getting in because colleges want kids who will participate in University life and hopefully give back after they graduate. As to how much money one spends, well that is up to that individual.

Your posted reply is 150% dead-on-balls-accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748763 10/21/20 08:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s all you got ?

No! Was more than that as tuition went up about 4,000 a year so was closer to 220k. Thanks for asking. He got the max academic merit which was 16,000 and the rest was athletic scholarship about 50,000 a year. How did your kids fair with scholarship money?

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!