Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by LIRef77 - 10/20/20 09:39 PM
When you forget the meaning of soccer results
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:40 PM
SUSA Smithtown To Be Futsal Specific Location
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:02 PM
Rough Riders Named A Founding Member of New USL Academy
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 06:56 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: BHS (2004:U17, 2003:U18, 2002:U19) Fall 2020/Spring 2021
Anonymous #748648 10/18/20 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all have it wrong. It’s not the u-19 team. It’s the Pro NYCFC team.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #748654 10/18/20 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Regardless of the team, they were just shut-down from scoring by the SUSA 04 ECNL team. NYCFC definitely had the majority of the possession (as you would expect) but had very few shots on goal. SUSA had more chances - they missed some clear chances and exposed NYCFC's defense on rushes. SUSA's defense is very good and matched NYCFC's defense. I am sure that the narrative from NYCFC will be that they controlled possession or it wasn't their "real" team. But whatever they were didn't seem like a top club from an MLS team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748655 10/18/20 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA playing NYCFC this weekend! Should be fun

Just more work for the ECNL 04 team . SUSA will make sure we play every weekend . Best bang for your buck . Training 3-4 times a week . Game on the weekend . A beautiful complex .. your turn , bash away ...

Not much work for the NYCFC 04s though

You'd be wrong once again!.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748656 10/18/20 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of the team, they were just shut-down from scoring by the SUSA 04 ECNL team. NYCFC definitely had the majority of the possession (as you would expect) but had very few shots on goal. SUSA had more chances - they missed some clear chances and exposed NYCFC's defense on rushes. SUSA's defense is very good and matched NYCFC's defense. I am sure that the narrative from NYCFC will be that they controlled possession or it wasn't their "real" team. But whatever they were didn't seem like a top club from an MLS team.

American soccer =‘s no creativity & no goals.... i’m sure they were technical, had 90% possession but could not figure out the final 3rd of the field. Good job!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748657 10/18/20 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just more work for the ECNL 04 team . SUSA will make sure we play every weekend . Best bang for your buck . Training 3-4 times a week . Game on the weekend . A beautiful complex .. your turn , bash away ...

Since SUSA 04s played mostly NYCFC 05s with several 06 and a couple of 04s, doesn’t seem he was wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748659 10/18/20 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since SUSA 04s played mostly NYCFC 05s with several 06 and a couple of 04s, doesn’t seem he was wrong.

Like the poster above said, nycfc would say it wasn’t their real team or they were younger or some other excuse. The parents there said it was a mix of mostly 04s and a some 03s too with some 05s. Either way, it didn’t look like a premier team at all no matter what the age is. Because a top level 05 team playing at an elite level should have beat susa easily.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748660 10/18/20 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight I was at the game with my son. Nycfc dominated possession and Susa barely went into Nycfc side of the field. Nycfc couldn’t put final third passes together but had a lot of shots. I was impressed with 3 kids on the field. Nycfc tall defender #5 and #6 they were by far best on the field and Susa #66. Susa only chance was to counter and created an own goal. Soccer is a cruel game the best team doesn’t always win. If anyone from Susa says they played better then Nycfc I’d suggest stop doing drugs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748661 10/18/20 06:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight I was at the game with my son. Nycfc dominated possession and Susa barely went into Nycfc side of the field. Nycfc couldn’t put final third passes together but had a lot of shots. I was impressed with 3 kids on the field. Nycfc tall defender #5 and #6 they were by far best on the field and Susa #66. Susa only chance was to counter and created an own goal. Soccer is a cruel game the best team doesn’t always win. If anyone from Susa says they played better then Nycfc I’d suggest stop doing drugs.

Just to be clear, anybody on this site that starts a post with "no dog in this fight" is just a parent posting. I guess nobody knows you so you think that you are fooling people. But this is clearly an unhappy NYCFC parent. I guess I would be upset too if I was the parent of a "top" MLS youth team and the team couldn't score against lowly SUSA. And if SUSA had no play in NYCFC's end, how could those defenders you mention have had enough work to be the best kids on the field? Unless you mean that they were the best at passing the ball side-to-side. SUSA's defense was better than NYCFC's today. Only an NYCFC parent wouldn't recognize that. And clearly that's what you are.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748662 10/18/20 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had the chance to watched the game as well. SUSA wasn’t able to string 2 passes together. the pressure showed the difference between the real ACADEMY and the wannabe ACADEMY. NYCFC controlled the game but lacked the finishing touch. had their chances but SUSA didn’t make it easy. that being said, Susa capitalized on an own goal from a cross into the box. shows you.... the best teams doesn’t always win, hard work can pay off. great experience for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748664 10/18/20 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had the chance to watched the game as well. SUSA wasn’t able to string 2 passes together. the pressure showed the difference between the real ACADEMY and the wannabe ACADEMY. NYCFC controlled the game but lacked the finishing touch. had their chances but SUSA didn’t make it easy. that being said, Susa capitalized on an own goal from a cross into the box. shows you.... the best teams doesn’t always win, hard work can pay off. great experience for the boys.

"Had the chance to watch the game as well". lol. Did you just happen to be driving in Central Islip today and decide to stop by to catch a random game? Cmon. Stop being cagey. You are an NYCFC parent. And that's ok. But acting like a casual observer is not a good look.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748665 10/18/20 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly didn't see a ton of chances from NYCFC. Maybe at the start of the second half when SUSA rested the kids that started the game. But NYCFC didn't even score then. And I assume when you say that "SUSA didn't make it easy" that means that SUSA's defense played well?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748666 10/18/20 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear, anybody on this site that starts a post with "no dog in this fight" is just a parent posting. I guess nobody knows you so you think that you are fooling people. But this is clearly an unhappy NYCFC parent. I guess I would be upset too if I was the parent of a "top" MLS youth team and the team couldn't score against lowly SUSA. And if SUSA had no play in NYCFC's end, how could those defenders you mention have had enough work to be the best kids on the field? Unless you mean that they were the best at passing the ball side-to-side. SUSA's defense was better than NYCFC's today. Only an NYCFC parent wouldn't recognize that. And clearly that's what you are.

Susa's defense was very impressive and won this game today as it had constant pressure but were able to withstand it and were able to score on an own goal which they created the chance. It happens...good game to watch!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748669 10/18/20 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of bashing Nycfc or Susa let’s agree to disagree? Or more importantly agree if your son plays MLS Academy or Susa or another club there isn’t much separation.
I did noticed after the game all the kids whether MLS Academy or Susa rushed to check their phones and most probably forgot about the game by the time they hit Southern State.
Out of 40-45 kids from both teams maybe 5-10 play in college.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748670 10/18/20 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s clear your the parents of Susa defensive player. What was your son number? Kicking the ball out of danger or out of bounds isn’t very impressive. Susa defense withstood Nycfc advances but I don’t see any of Susa players going to college to play soccer. Sorry

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748671 10/18/20 08:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of bashing Nycfc or Susa let’s agree to disagree? Or more importantly agree if your son plays MLS Academy or Susa or another club there isn’t much separation.
I did noticed after the game all the kids whether MLS Academy or Susa rushed to check their phones and most probably forgot about the game by the time they hit Southern State.

That’s a silly statement. Many of the kids are already committed and others are being recruited.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748673 10/18/20 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game. My son played. Susa sat back and defended. Not how they usually play , I would have like to see them attack more but today it worked. ALL the parents were nice. They enjoyed the weather and watched the game. Many NYCFC parents commented on the facility and all seemed to like it. The goal was a own goal but it did come from good Susa pressure and if the cross made it over it would have gone to a wide open strIker so the defender had to try to head it away. Unfortunately it went in his own goal. I spoke to a few NYCFC parents, the team was mainly 04 with a few 03 and a few 05 . They all played as did all the SUSA players. Good game. Would like to see them again , and would like to see SUSA play more their game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748675 10/19/20 12:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s clear your the parents of Susa defensive player. What was your son number? Kicking the ball out of danger or out of bounds isn’t very impressive. Susa defense withstood Nycfc advances but I don’t see any of Susa players going to college to play soccer. Sorry

No, but I give credit to where it is due. And as far as your college comment, college soccer resembles more of the Susa style of play than nycfc. I would think that a bunch of the Susa kids go on to play in college. One of my kids already plays in college so id like to think I have a bit of experience and knowledge on the topic. But we shall see.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748676 10/19/20 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure you are an nycfc parent. Other than a couple of kids, the rest are lucky that no college coaches were watching nycfc today. That would have been embarrassing because college coaches want kids that can actually finish. Nycfc played better but if you think that was elite level soccer, then you are brainwashed.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748678 10/19/20 06:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it pretty amazing that NYCFC came in to SUSA and lost. Possession or not, conventional wisdom would expect this to be a drubbing of 5 or 6 goals. Regardless of the style of play, a 1-0 loss for NYCFC is a terrible look. It is clear that NYCFC's lack of player development in favor of cutting half the squad every 6 months to sign bigger / stronger players is not a solid approach. I am hopeful that since NYCFC is now focusing primarily on the 05 & 06 age group that they will continue to develop this crop of players as they are clearly tops in the region. Susa's kick and run style of play is an ugly game of soccer and there is ZERO player development at that club. Either way, sounds like it was a fun game...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748683 10/19/20 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it pretty amazing that NYCFC came in to SUSA and lost. Possession or not, conventional wisdom would expect this to be a drubbing of 5 or 6 goals. Regardless of the style of play, a 1-0 loss for NYCFC is a terrible look. It is clear that NYCFC's lack of player development in favor of cutting half the squad every 6 months to sign bigger / stronger players is not a solid approach. I am hopeful that since NYCFC is now focusing primarily on the 05 & 06 age group that they will continue to develop this crop of players as they are clearly tops in the region. Susa's kick and run style of play is an ugly game of soccer and there is ZERO player development at that club. Either way, sounds like it was a fun game...

Susa is more than a kick and run style team...that comment is old already...come up with something better. A kick and run team is in no way beating an NYCFC caliber team...period. Susa came into the game with a strategy and executed it!. Always someone out there who has to try and put the team down. It was a fun game...that I will give you!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748685 10/19/20 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s a silly statement. Many of the kids are already committed and others are being recruited.
NYCFC will reach out or probably already did to poach a few SUSA players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748687 10/19/20 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To set the record straight as all NYCFC parents know the ages of the team, yesterday's team had 1 03 player (goalie that played the first half), 2 04 players (#5 & #6) and the remaining team was primarily 05's with a few 06's. This is NYCFC's u19 team because they are pushing up their 2005's as they are very high on them and want them to play bigger/older competition. The game was not close, as someone said already possession was like 90% to 10% for NYCFC. Game was decided by an unfortunate own goal but that happens as football can be a cruel game. As to another poster's claim to there not being much difference btw the teams, I'd wonder if the college coaches feel the same. The three older players on NYCFC that are college age recruitable have committed to Wake Forest, Duke & North Carolina. Do you think those college programs have heard of Susa, let's see how truly out of touch you are

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748688 10/19/20 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Susa is more than a kick and run style team...that comment is old already...come up with something better. A kick and run team is in no way beating an NYCFC caliber team...period. Susa came into the game with a strategy and executed it!. Always someone out there who has to try and put the team down. It was a fun game...that I will give you!

Did SUSA pass less than usual? Yes. But a big part of that is the fact that they were somewhat less-confident from playing against a team that is stacked with very talented kids that come with a big shadow. That showed for sure. NYCFC is a top level team. Nobody disputes that. But SUSA can more than hold their own. SUSA's normal style of play is to move the ball. But until the later part of the second half that wasn't happening. It's no different then when say Liverpool plays Southhampton. Liverpool controls the possession and Southhampton plays defensively. As far as college,,,mm, whoever said that nobody from SUSA is going to play in college is just being a snobby NYCFC parent. Sure maybe they aren't going to top D1 soccer schools like Indiana or Wake Forest. But there are many other less competitive (soccer) D1 schools that are top notch academically. Then there are D2 and D3 schools. And there are many D3 schools that are top academic schools in the entire country. So making a statement like that just shows that people really have no clue about college recruiting in the United States. It's a lot broader in scope and plenty of non-DA (former) kids are recruited every year. Just like the kids in SUSA.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748689 10/19/20 09:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NYCFC will reach out or probably already did to poach a few SUSA players.

Is it poaching if it’s a better opportunity for the kid? Isn’t that what SUSA should be doing developing players to move on to a higher level? Or is getting paid and GotSoccer rankings more important then a kids development.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748690 10/19/20 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if some MLS Development Academy opened a location in Central Long Island, it might be easier for more LI players and they can have access to play at another level.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!