Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by LIRef77 - 10/20/20 09:39 PM
When you forget the meaning of soccer results
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:40 PM
SUSA Smithtown To Be Futsal Specific Location
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:02 PM
Rough Riders Named A Founding Member of New USL Academy
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 06:56 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
Anonymous #748637 10/17/20 04:28 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Paying to play all your own club in a tournament. Not sure how someone could be happy with that.

You make it seem like they are the only ones. I think not!!

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #748640 10/17/20 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paying to play all your own club in a tournament. Not sure how someone could be happy with that.

First off the Susa teams had credit from last year. So they did not pay for it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748644 10/17/20 10:27 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
None of u have any idea about this situation the coach wasn’t coaching her but making sure she didn’t intentionally foul Someone again and again and again

That’s the job of the ref. Are you saying the ref was also incompetent? You just want to blame everyone and come up with excuses for your kid’s inadequacies.

Please tell me you’re not a Coach. This is U11 so yellow cards are not common and not always appropriate at this age as they are still learning. If a Coach is correcting a player for crossing the line it is commonly referred to as RESPONSIBLE ADULT BEHAVIOR. I know you may either not have seen this or don’t approve but we are talking about 10 and 11 year old girls right? Coaches are there to lead not to take advantage of weaker players.
Let’s be clear it the referee’s job to call the game not tell a player how to play until they do cross a line then they are supposed to call a foul. We need more Coaches like this Coach.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #748653 10/18/20 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I find funny my kids have been playing soccer for awhile now and not once has any coach yelled don’t foul everytime one just one kid on a team
Of 11-15 players touches the ball,Or is trying to defend it’s not coaching it’s preventing another player from getting hurt or shoved from behind

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748658 10/18/20 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping someone answer this question for me?

I am a team admin for a girls u11 team. I am responsible for having the ref fees ready for each game and making sure the rosters are printed and player cards in order. We have played three games so far in NYCSL and two out of the three teams we have played have not supplied their rosters to the ref or to our trainer. Am I mistaken here as far as procedure goes? Am I wasting my time printing out the rosters? I’m happy to have one less thing to do, but also if the other teams are not adhering to the rules, why is this being allowed?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748681 10/19/20 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of teams just never supply the 2 rosters. Most coaches won't ask for the other copy unless they see there's a player in question with age or a player from a local club they'd eventually have interest in come tryouts. Some refs ask for 2 copies. Some don't. We print a bunch and just have them in the car & we pull 2 for each match. The ref can do what he likes with the other. This season so far no ref in any NYCSL match has asked for player cards from our team. We offer and they just say just to give them the printed roster with pictures and jersey numbers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748710 10/19/20 12:28 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

I am a team admin for a girls u11 team. I am responsible for having the ref fees ready for each game and making sure the rosters are printed and player cards in order. We have played three games so far in NYCSL and two out of the three teams we have played have not supplied their rosters to the ref or to our trainer. Am I mistaken here as far as procedure goes? Am I wasting my time printing out the rosters? I’m happy to have one less thing to do, but also if the other teams are not adhering to the rules, why is this being allowed?

I have a question for you-Before you posted this and as a team admin did you first-
1-Check with your Coach/manager/trainer for any guidance?
2-Did you check with any other team officials?
3-Did you ask your club for guidance?
4- Did you contact the league and ask them?

You are not wasting your time printing your rosters and doing the right thing, where you are wasting your time is posting your issue here which does NOTHING to resolve your problem. Teams are supposed to exchange rosters with the referee and with each other. Why are you giving them a roster and not getting one from them and then not reporting it to any team, club or league officials? Here’s the guidance everyone should be following-

Game Day Documents
Coach or Manger must bring to each game:

Medical Release: players, available on the NYCSL website by clicking on Resources â–¸Forms
Referee Fee Schedule
Match Day Rules
Laminated passes: coaches and players
Roster: 2 copies; 1 for referee and 1 for opposing team
Game Guidelines/COVID related: detail the social distancing requirements and safety precautions that must be strictly followed. All local requirements at host locations must also be followed, which may be more stringent.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #748729 10/19/20 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77

I have a question for you-Before you posted this and as a team admin did you first-

You are not wasting your time printing your rosters and doing the right thing, where you are wasting your time is posting your issue here which does NOTHING to resolve your problem. Teams are supposed to exchange rosters with the referee and with each other. Why are you giving them a roster and not getting one from them and then not reporting it to any team, club or league officials? Here’s the guidance everyone should be following-

Game Day Documents

Medical Release: players, available on the NYCSL website by clicking on Resources â–¸Forms
Referee Fee Schedule
Match Day Rules
Game Guidelines/COVID related: detail the social distancing requirements and safety precautions that must be strictly followed. All local requirements at host locations must also be followed, which may be more stringent.

Thank you for your response. I was thinking maybe they were making some sort of exception bc of Covid where they didn’t want exchange of paper documents. I posted here because I really was at a loss. Our soccer club is in bad shape (apparently the president stepped down, but no one else stepped up and there is all sorts of turmoil among the board of directors) so we have no support there. Also I was mistakenly under the impression that we were only supposed to communicate with the league through the club president, but I actually reached out directly to NYCSL and they were so helpful.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748759 10/20/20 09:39 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Originally Posted by LIRef77

Game Day Documents

Referee Fee Schedule
Match Day Rules

Thank you for your response. I was thinking maybe they were making some sort of exception bc of Covid where they didn’t want exchange of paper documents. I posted here because I really was at a loss. Our soccer club is in bad shape (apparently the president stepped down, but no one else stepped up and there is all sorts of turmoil among the board of directors) so we have no support there. Also I was mistakenly under the impression that we were only supposed to communicate with the league through the club president, but I actually reached out directly to NYCSL and they were so helpful.

You’re welcome. Maybe you could be so kind as to close the informational loop and tell us what NYCSL said and whether they were surprised to hear that’s Coaches were not providing rosters and that referees were ok with that. I know this is GU11 and the chance that any one would put a ringer on the team and not provide a roster are remote but curious minds would like to know how this all was handled when you reported it to the league.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!