Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by LIRef77 - 10/20/20 09:39 PM
When you forget the meaning of soccer results
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:40 PM
SUSA Smithtown To Be Futsal Specific Location
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:02 PM
Rough Riders Named A Founding Member of New USL Academy
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 06:56 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Full list of member clubs in the new MLS youth academy league
Falcon #747547 09/18/20 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Falcon
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So was there a verdict on the USDA experiment? Did we turn out much better players because of that system? The quality of the senior men's team must be world class by now? I can see we are headed for another re-branding.... were are we looking for coaches and players this time so that we can find better coaches and better players?

There are an unprecedented number of American U23s playing at first division European Clubs.

Not sure that the DA is responsible for that, but I'm not sure that it isn't either.

We have more boys playing now than ever. Kids have been going to Europe for years. Did the USDA Program develop better players? I don’t see how with the same clubs, same coaches and same fishing holes that remain unchanged. Show me a sport where kids today aren’t naturally better than 20 years ago? The USSFDA was a rebrand. Nice league with a nice website but fundamentally not much changed relative to player development. How could it.

Sorry -- youth participation in soccer has been falling slowly but steadily for years.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #747555 09/18/20 05:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry -- youth participation in soccer has been falling slowly but steadily for years.

Could it be true to any of youth sport?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747556 09/18/20 05:56 PM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
More teenagers are playing soccer in the U.S. than ever before. The number of participants in U.S. high school soccer programs has recorded an all-time high in the 2018/19 season, with over 850 thousand boys and girls playing the sport across the country.

Look up Statista

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #747560 09/18/20 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More teenagers are playing soccer in the U.S. than ever before. The number of participants in U.S. high school soccer programs has recorded an all-time high in the 2018/19 season, with over 850 thousand boys and girls playing the sport across the country.

Look up Statista

Statista is an aggregator of stuff. You can't even see the source of any data unless you pay. So looking up things on Statista is like looking it up on Wikipedia, but a lot less reliable.

The participation of 6-12-year-olds has fallen in both rate and number steadily over the last 12 years. Unless there are a lot of people picking up soccer at ages older than 13, and I mean a lot, hard to see how what you've written can be true.

https://medium.com/@sfia/soccer-participation-in-the-united-states-92f8393f6469

From the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, considered the gold standard in this kind of research, showing the numbers for active participation, not just any participation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747561 09/18/20 09:02 PM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F

Look up Statista

Statista is an aggregator of stuff. You can't even see the source of any data unless you pay. So looking up things on Statista is like looking it up on Wikipedia, but a lot less reliable.

The participation of 6-12-year-olds has fallen in both rate and number steadily over the last 12 years. Unless there are a lot of people picking up soccer at ages older than 13, and I mean a lot, hard to see how what you've written can be true.

https://medium.com/@sfia/soccer-participation-in-the-united-states-92f8393f6469

From the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, considered the gold standard in this kind of research, showing the numbers for active participation, not just any participation.

Less 6-12 year olds today will mean less in the future. You also don’t know if the 6-12 years old drop is evenly distributed. 850,000 high school kids is close enough when you add in “academy” kids that don’t play high school. My point is that we keep spinning wheels. The USDA didn’t do what it set out to do. We developed Dempsey, Beasley and Donovan among others without it. I saw Pulisic playing premier soccer when he was 11 or 12. He was playing up 2 years. He bypassed the typical academy route. It worked out for him. We need a better system and that doesn’t mean the same clubs with the same coaches and the same kids from the same towns. I would put my resources on training and scouting at the early ages. The rest will take care of itself and should be on then backs of pro academies and not parents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747564 09/18/20 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys teams at LISC have only been around for a few years... and Spring was a wash. Whoever is commenting on the quality has really no clue.

You have no clue. Boys and girls program started simultaneously at LISC. They had girls DA and lied tgat they were in process of boys DA. DA folded and they scrambled to join GA league to save their existence. Boys program is weak and with all of the boys programs on Long Island they have no chance. Girls aren’t very strong, just not in same league so they only play out of area teams. Join a LI tournament and let’s see how they do.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747567 09/18/20 10:38 PM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
Boys teams at LISC have only been around for a few years... and Spring was a wash. Whoever is commenting on the quality has really no clue.

You have no clue. Boys and girls program started simultaneously at LISC. They had girls DA and lied tgat they were in process of boys DA. DA folded and they scrambled to join GA league to save their existence. Boys program is weak and with all of the boys programs on Long Island they have no chance. Girls aren’t very strong, just not in same league so they only play out of area teams. Join a LI tournament and let’s see how they do.

I remember when Commack and Dix Hills has very good soccer teams. That was a long time ago.

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #747590 09/19/20 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remember when Commack and Dix Hills has very good soccer teams. That was a long time ago.

I also remember when Damianos from ISA used to beat up on both of them, LOL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747601 09/20/20 11:37 AM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F

I also remember when Damianos from ISA used to beat up on both of them, LOL

The problem in this country is not enough participation! I wonder how Belgium manages.

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #748056 09/30/20 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still some really good teams still based in Commack that never went to an outside academy, but have competed and done extremely well against those academy teams...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748057 09/30/20 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Damianos... he's done

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2