Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 07:07 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 06:56 PM
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 04:51 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 02:13 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Suffolk sports officials postpone fall sports until January 2021
Anonymous #747477 09/16/20 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the vast majority believe now that we can send our kids to school, play high school sports and club sports knowing the vast majority will be fine if they contract the virus. The problem is the spreading of this virus to adults with underlying illnesses and compromised immune systems. The school teachers, administrators, workers at these places. Your child spreading the virus at home to older parents and grand parents. That is the main concern. This virus is “in the air” and can spread rapidly.

Sorry but you’re talking in circles, again if the concern is the spread of the virus then lock yourself in a closet with and never leave. Let’s use our brains here, if the concern are those with compromised immune systems then let’s focus on keeping the quarantined. The logic that delaying or canceling sports bc children can spread the virus does not hold up when they are allowing them to go to school. Sports help children mentally, physically, socially etc it’s not just about kicking or throwing a ball. Furthermore what are we delaying sports in hope of? And if whatever that hope is doesn’t come to fruition then what?

Exactly!!!!

Wrong. You selfish - - - - . You dont quarantine people because others don't want to act responsibly.
Middle aged and elders are at risk.
Are you one of the smart parents who encourage their kids to go to large parties without masks on (either with or without alcohol) or even beter the parents who host said parties.
#Let em party.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #747635 09/21/20 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
no, clubs should play. they've been played all summer. Its been great! Tournaments, leagues, of all sports - all went well!

It's great? Why any parent would gamble with their child's health is mind-boggling, especially over something so trivial as soccer.

I gamble every day with my children's health. I let them ride their bike. That is a gamble that they could fall and get hurt. But they wear a helmet and we taught them the rules of safe riding. I let them play in the ocean and they could get hurt but we taught them how to swim and to swim near lifeguards and we watch them closely too. They go to the mall and that could be dangerous but we taught them how to best protect themselves there too. WHy is the Covid so much different. why do you think it is crazy to let kids play when it is done with many safety precautions.

If I told you that I thought it was unsafe to ride a bike, or play in the ocean or anything like that, do I get to tell you that you have to stop your kids from doing that or that you are crazy for letting your kid do those things.

If your child does not wear a helmet while riding their bike, fall, and fracture their skull, that skull fracture can not then be passed on to other people, whether they were riding a bike or not. See the difference? I'm actually in favor of club sports continuing, as long as everyone follows the guidelines in place in order to manage the risk as much as possible. But your logic is...well...not logic at all.
You just applied the same logic as you criticized but too stupid to realize it. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747919 09/27/20 06:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so for me I take the virus seriously. My family has many grandparents and myself that are considered high risk. But yes we still need to live. From the beginning we focused on keeping everyone mentally and physically sound. They play travel and school soccer/ LAX. From the start it was daily activity like go for a run, then zoom training, leading to small group training to currently playing games and scrimmaging. Our clubs have been good with moderate activity and not really taking too many chances. So yes was it hard on the kids not going to malls or hanging out partying like so many others, but we have tried to balance risk with activity. They are in decent physical shape for athletes, we have kept everyone safe, they are playing and attending school. What did we give up, some social activities with large groups, trips out shopping, and public activities. I can watch my kids play now and I just follow the health guidelines and hope that everyone we are around is as responsible as us.

For the clubs that did it right, thank you they did not listen to the selfish families and find ways to not follow state guidelines. They kept the development and safety of my kids a priority.

And if one of you idiots wants to say I did it wrong or I live in a bubble good luck being one of the statistics, hope we don't have to play your team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!