Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by LIRef77 - 10/20/20 09:39 PM
When you forget the meaning of soccer results
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:40 PM
SUSA Smithtown To Be Futsal Specific Location
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 07:02 PM
Rough Riders Named A Founding Member of New USL Academy
by Larry Miller - 10/20/20 06:56 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #747860 09/25/20 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2008 girls team had to cancel the first EDP game no coach available?? What kind of crap is that
2008 girls team had to cancel the first EDP game no coach available?? What kind of crap is that

Get your facts straight. Obviously you not part of the club or the opposing team or you would know the truth.

Ok, so what is the truth?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #747867 09/25/20 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight. Obviously you not part of the club or the opposing team or you would know the truth.

Ok, so what is the truth?

They played in a tournament that weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747874 09/25/20 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they play in the long island soccer classic?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747882 09/25/20 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No here’s the facts they had a scheduled EDP game vs LISC and told us they couldn’t use Stoney Brook university when LISC told them to use Mitchell they had no coach available those are the facts and who plays in a tournament over your first leauge game ???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747883 09/25/20 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am part of the opposing team, your club canceled the game not LISC

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748063 09/30/20 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Athletico had some good years unfortunately went down hill.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748066 10/01/20 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd still put their training up against anyone's.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748071 10/01/20 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still have very good training. They suffered when many talented players left for the Farca Fiasco, especially at the 04 age group. And look where the Barca 04 team is at. All the top players have jumped that sinking ship. Kurt is a top trainer and he isn't using someone else' brand, it's all his own. What you see is what you get.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748075 10/01/20 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this was such a great merger why has so many girls left the 2006 age group after 1 year ? We had around 30 girls on the Stony Brook Atletico team and almost half have left. I agree Mark, Kurt & Mike are great coach's and it was a very hard decision to leave Stony Brook after being there for so many years. But a lot of he girls were not not happy with the academy style. I think the board of directors at Stony Brook need to start listening to the parents and the kids and maybe they will not see so many kids leaving.
We are with you. We moved to Smithtown landed on the 2nd team at my kids age group with the prospect of moving up to the top team which looks actually possible. My kid has also already made more friends than on the SB team and my kid went to school with some of them.

A great program has lost its way. I grew up in the area and this program was a big part of the community. It's not anymore. It's just another way for egotistical folks to stroke their egos using their kids.

Everything changes when puberty hits so it will be fun to see those egomaniac kids be brought down to earth by the kids who they thought sucked but worked hard at it.

Stony Brook and kk are about talent identification not development.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748111 10/03/20 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn’t be more wrong. If anything, SB is about player development. They may not be so awesome in team management and showcasing because they worry too much about what parents think. KK has singularly THE BEST training on the island. That’s why, even when kids are lured away to other Clubs (like SUSA) they continue to train with Kurt. What i will say is that SB and KK , to their credit, are averse to poaching from other clubs. We have experienced this first hand when moving Our child from one club to SB and one to KK years ago. This was done professionally with transparency, full knowledge of the coaches, and then only when appropriate - after the season was finished This is not true of many other clubs including Smithtown, VOB, and SUSA Who regularly lure (virtually) full teams which have been developed by SB and KK away. .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748114 10/03/20 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn’t be more wrong. If anything, SB is about player development. They may not be so awesome in team management and showcasing because they worry too much about what parents think. KK has singularly THE BEST training on the island. That’s why, even when kids are lured away to other Clubs (like SUSA) they continue to train with Kurt. What i will say is that SB and KK , to their credit, are averse to poaching from other clubs. We have experienced this first hand when moving Our child from one club to SB and one to KK years ago. This was done professionally with transparency, full knowledge of the coaches, and then only when appropriate - after the season was finished This is not true of many other clubs including Smithtown, VOB, and SUSA Who regularly lure (virtually) full teams which have been developed by SB and KK away. .

This is a ridiculous post. So is any one brand morally wrong for luring customers to change brands? Please.. it’s called a competitive marketplace. If the service at KK was so good, the customers lured away would be banging down the door to come back. They never did. If he really is the BEST training on the island then he shouldn’t try so hard to keep it a secret.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748115 10/03/20 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are not talking brands. That said, there are many good reasons to change teams and clubs. When this occurs parents (Or soccer smart players) “shop” for another playing option that provides a better fit for the player. Thats fine and helpful. No argument. It is very different when a coach goes to the games of other Club teams, watches players and then approaches them with an offer after the game. Yes this happens. I’ve have personally seen it. Or when SUSA coaches go to varsity players and tell them to leave their club teams and join SUSA(with No the players/ parents did not reach out first. Unsolicited contact from coaches from another team used to be forbidden and, I believe, punishable by a fine to the club involved. Now is it common practice. And not just for a player but for whole intact teams. When you add the monetary incentives offered in the deal, we are at a whole different level in kids sports. And yes, I do think there is something unethical if not immoral in that. One last thought, although I am repeating myself, if KK’s training was less than what is offered at SUSA or Smithtown, why doe players who leave come back to train with Kurt privately?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748118 10/03/20 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the grand scheme of things KK, Susa and other outfits are nothing but over priced bottom feeders on Long Island! Your just in the dark! Far better coaches on Long Island you just don’t know about, obviously!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748119 10/03/20 05:13 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
In the grand scheme of things KK, Susa and other outfits are nothing but over priced bottom feeders on Long Island! Your just in the dark! Far better coaches on Long Island you just don’t know about, obviously!

Far better coaches? Well who might they be? Would you be one of them?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748143 10/04/20 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved with Stony Brook for the last 8 years. Up until about 3 years ago they were about development. That has ceased.

I can assure you from my conversations with Mark about concerns that our parents had he does not care about what we wanted for our team and our kids. All he cared about was getting training fees and winning. We tried multiple times to get him to address the issues on our team and he routinely did what was in the best financial interests of the club not the development of the kids.

The team that my kid left still has the same issues. 3 years later. Nothing has changed but the trainer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748245 10/06/20 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved with Stony Brook for the last 8 years. Up until about 3 years ago they were about development. That has ceased.

I can assure you from my conversations with Mark about concerns that our parents had he does not care about what we wanted for our team and our kids. All he cared about was getting training fees and winning. We tried multiple times to get him to address the issues on our team and he routinely did what was in the best financial interests of the club not the development of the kids.

The team that my kid left still has the same issues. 3 years later. Nothing has changed but the trainer.

Just another parent that is crying because their kid doesn't do well. Take the kid to practice, have them work with a ball at home. Just ridiculous. WaaaWaaaWaaa

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748249 10/06/20 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just another parent that is crying because their kid doesn't do well. Take the kid to practice, have them work with a ball at home. Just ridiculous. WaaaWaaaWaaa

And just how would you know that his kid wasn't doing well. Are you fricken Karnac? One could also interpret this post as SB was doing a s**t job, SB did not care about the parents concerns were so the guy took his kid elsewhere. Don't be a DB without knowing any facts about a particular situation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748251 10/06/20 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And just how would you know that his kid wasn't doing well. Are you fricken Karnac? One could also interpret this post as SB was doing a s**t job, SB did not care about the parents concerns were so the guy took his kid elsewhere. Don't be a DB without knowing any facts about a particular situation.

Or you could say it’s one of those parents who thinks it’s all about them?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748329 10/07/20 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nash paid for by SB and those parents and board control him.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748338 10/07/20 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true. He has to take care of the board members or he loses his job.There is no leadership on this board. When my eldest played the board members were all over the fields on the weekends. Last year was it for us, youngest stopped playing, and I couldn't tell you if any board members were on the fields except for PJ who took care of the field set up and TH who handled the food stand.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748352 10/07/20 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true. He has to take care of the board members or he loses his job.There is no leadership on this board. When my eldest played the board members were all over the fields on the weekends. Last year was it for us, youngest stopped playing, and I couldn't tell you if any board members were on the fields except for PJ who took care of the field set up and TH who handled the food stand.

Lose his job ?? If that hasn’t happened by now it’s not happening !!!
Guy can do no wrong. The board is afraid to lose him. They don’t think they can find anyone better. I can throw a rock and hit someone better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748465 10/11/20 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s really time for a change!!! He does wrong everyday!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748503 10/12/20 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring back Mitch Pally as President. He will fix things.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #748527 10/13/20 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you could say it’s one of those parents who thinks it’s all about them?

As the parent with the kid in question let me just say that the team my kid was on was ranked in the top 20 in the NYE for got soccer rankings and last year was playing about 75-80% of the minutes. I'd say my kid who had a break through year was doing just fine.

As for me the parent. I've coached youth sports for over 20 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I've spoken to my kid's coaches about playing time and still have 5 fingers left. None of this is about me. It's about the kids, not just my kid, the kids. All of them.

Have no fear though, the grapevine I'm a part of has told me that sentiment of the Stony brook parents and board is that the merger is not well received and they're looking to end it. This is only a rumor. But it comes from a grapevine about a parent whose kid was looking for a release and someone at the top told them to hang tight. It might have been [****] to keep a kid longer it might be real. But this kid ended up leaving anyway because in the words of my source 'the KK trainer was so demeaning that their kid came home crying every day'. That's par for the course with the KK trainers I've seen. Central and south american soccer coaching isn't gonna do well in lily-white stony brook.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #748535 10/13/20 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Athletico/KK had it's day few years back, their time has passesd.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!