Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 07:07 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 06:56 PM
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 04:51 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 02:13 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742369 07/06/20 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I find it comical that all of these kids leave Atletico for other “opportunities” but week after week where do these kids still find themselves for training ??? Atletico. Atletico gives the best training. No question

I see alot of top players getting trained by Kurt from different clubs also.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #742404 07/06/20 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark good guy and trainer but can only do so much in a town club. That’s why top players leave to private clubs like kk athletics and SUSA. Certain parents can’t handle real coaching and pushing of the kids to excel and that’s why SB can’t beat those teams!
Mark is a good guy. I like him.

If top players leave let them and wish them all the best. They represent the minority. Not the majority. The middle of a bell curve exists for a reason. You can serve and have a greater effect on the world of sports and community at large by serving the middle 50% of the bell curve than the top of it.

That middle of the bell curve that's where your coaches and trainers and future parents who keep their kids in sports when they grow up live. Not the top nor the bottom. These kids who they cut and don't give a crap about typically have siblings and cousins and friends in the area. You think after they get tossed aside by age 12 that they're gonna recommend this program?

The DOCs job is also to build sustainability for an org by creating a proper environment that encourages more kids to stick with it. If your retention starts to fall you're failing. Again a year ago SB lost an entire team of boys to Smithtown due to unhappiness.

Look my kid's done personal training with mark. He's good my kid learned a lot. I like him personally but there are bigger picture things he's missing. I've tried explaining it to him but got blown off. I've been in the youth sports game for over 20 years with and without my kids. I've seen it all go wrong. Mark my words. The kk sb merger is going to decimate Stony Brook. The winner here is Kurt. The losers are the kids.

You say a group of kids went to Smithtown? A club who have just merged with 4 other organizations so they can create higher level teams like KK and SB.

That's Smithtown's problem.

I know at my kid's age group, Smithtown has 3 teams. At my kid's age group with SB/KK they don't even have enough for 2 fully rostered teams if they keep everyone from the past season. Which they wont have.

How it's played by SB last year was 'oh we will have all the kids train together and the kids will have an opportunity to play on the higher level teams and they will get the same training'.

How it really works, the top team is the top team, the bottom team doesn't have enough kids to fill out the roster week to week for games, top kids are asked to help out for game days, they either say no or when they do show they play more than the lower level kids and then play around them ignoring they're on the field and don't associate with them other kids at all. The trainer is usually committed to both squads but if there's ever a conflict the second team either gets an associate trainer who knows nothing of the kids, or a parent coach to fill in who doesn't abide by playing time commitments or how the team is supposed to be playing, as well as plays favorites.

The 2nd team gets crapped on is what it is. They get a fraction of the resources, support and effort.

To Larry's point the parents are the problem because there's a vocal, nay, psycho set of parents who derive their sole enjoyment out of winning and competing against other adults using their kids who push this type of environment.

If Smithtown has 3 teams at my kid's age group my kid can find the right environment that works for them. My kid is not uber competitive, but my kid doesn't want to be playing kickball with the butterfly chasers either. My kid is happily middle of the road, and I'm happy my kid is right there. We are considering Smithtown. We will see what tryouts they have, when and if it works for us from a culture standpoint.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743318 07/12/20 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark good guy and trainer but can only do so much in a town club. That’s why top players leave to private clubs like kk athletics and SUSA. Certain parents can’t handle real coaching and pushing of the kids to excel and that’s why SB can’t beat those teams!
Mark is a good guy. I like him.

If top players leave let them and wish them all the best. They represent the minority. Not the majority. The middle of a bell curve exists for a reason. You can serve and have a greater effect on the world of sports and community at large by serving the middle 50% of the bell curve than the top of it.

That middle of the bell curve that's where your coaches and trainers and future parents who keep their kids in sports when they grow up live. Not the top nor the bottom. These kids who they cut and don't give a crap about typically have siblings and cousins and friends in the area. You think after they get tossed aside by age 12 that they're gonna recommend this program?

The DOCs job is also to build sustainability for an org by creating a proper environment that encourages more kids to stick with it. If your retention starts to fall you're failing. Again a year ago SB lost an entire team of boys to Smithtown due to unhappiness.

Look my kid's done personal training with mark. He's good my kid learned a lot. I like him personally but there are bigger picture things he's missing. I've tried explaining it to him but got blown off. I've been in the youth sports game for over 20 years with and without my kids. I've seen it all go wrong. Mark my words. The kk sb merger is going to decimate Stony Brook. The winner here is Kurt. The losers are the kids.

You say a group of kids went to Smithtown? A club who have just merged with 4 other organizations so they can create higher level teams like KK and SB.

That's Smithtown's problem.

I know at my kid's age group, Smithtown has 3 teams. At my kid's age group with SB/KK they don't even have enough for 2 fully rostered teams if they keep everyone from the past season. Which they wont have.

How it's played by SB last year was 'oh we will have all the kids train together and the kids will have an opportunity to play on the higher level teams and they will get the same training'.

How it really works, the top team is the top team, the bottom team doesn't have enough kids to fill out the roster week to week for games, top kids are asked to help out for game days, they either say no or when they do show they play more than the lower level kids and then play around them ignoring they're on the field and don't associate with them other kids at all. The trainer is usually committed to both squads but if there's ever a conflict the second team either gets an associate trainer who knows nothing of the kids, or a parent coach to fill in who doesn't abide by playing time commitments or how the team is supposed to be playing, as well as plays favorites.

The 2nd team gets crapped on is what it is. They get a fraction of the resources, support and effort.

To Larry's point the parents are the problem because there's a vocal, nay, psycho set of parents who derive their sole enjoyment out of winning and competing against other adults using their kids who push this type of environment.

If Smithtown has 3 teams at my kid's age group my kid can find the right environment that works for them. My kid is not uber competitive, but my kid doesn't want to be playing kickball with the butterfly chasers either. My kid is happily middle of the road, and I'm happy my kid is right there. We are considering Smithtown. We will see what tryouts they have, when and if it works for us from a culture standpoint.

Now that the merger with KK is complete it should be interesting to see the turnout for tryouts this week.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743470 07/14/20 10:45 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
New year same nonsense...if this was 5 years ago when KK Atletico were good and relevant it would mean something...Now...just another soccer merger headline for a week...

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #745530 08/17/20 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
New year same nonsense...if this was 5 years ago when KK Atletico were good and relevant it would mean something...Now...just another soccer merger headline for a week...
My daughter has played with Stony Brook for the last 5-6 years and loved it. But after the merger last year with the 2006 girls team it was a complete failure. And now my daughter has left Stony Brook with 12 other Girls she has played with over the years at Stony Brook, we hired our own coach and started our own team. And she loves it !!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #745536 08/17/20 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has played with Stony Brook for the last 5-6 years and loved it. But after the merger last year with the 2006 girls team it was a complete failure. And now my daughter has left Stony Brook with 12 other Girls she has played with over the years at Stony Brook, we hired our own coach and started our own team. And she loves it !!!

What's the name of the team and what club?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #745541 08/17/20 11:39 AM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET

Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #745549 08/17/20 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 05 team isn't even in the top bracket of East Meadow #Joke
Oh have the mighty fallen

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #745556 08/17/20 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many strong coaches and trainers. Kurt and Mark are both top notch. Really care about development and the players in general. They build on the love of the game. This was a great merger. No egos. About soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #745558 08/17/20 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw EDP 2008 there’s Stoney brook athletico. And there’s Stoney brook sc athletico

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #745599 08/18/20 06:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would reconsider Smithtown if I was you. The teams in EDP get the best trainers. Everyone else gets garbage and they poach players all the time. More than half of some teams are poached from village of the branch Sachem or SB. Very political environment. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #745604 08/18/20 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this was such a great merger why has so many girls left the 2006 age group after 1 year ? We had around 30 girls on the Stony Brook Atletico team and almost half have left. I agree Mark, Kurt & Mike are great coach's and it was a very hard decision to leave Stony Brook after being there for so many years. But a lot of he girls were not not happy with the academy style. I think the board of directors at Stony Brook need to start listening to the parents and the kids and maybe they will not see so many kids leaving.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #745610 08/18/20 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no leadership at the club. Only a few board members trying to do everything. Most only care about their kids team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #746454 08/28/20 08:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this was such a great merger why has so many girls left the 2006 age group after 1 year ? We had around 30 girls on the Stony Brook Atletico team and almost half have left. I agree Mark, Kurt & Mike are great coach's and it was a very hard decision to leave Stony Brook after being there for so many years. But a lot of he girls were not not happy with the academy style. I think the board of directors at Stony Brook need to start listening to the parents and the kids and maybe they will not see so many kids leaving.
We are with you. We moved to Smithtown landed on the 2nd team at my kids age group with the prospect of moving up to the top team which looks actually possible. My kid has also already made more friends than on the SB team and my kid went to school with some of them.

A great program has lost its way. I grew up in the area and this program was a big part of the community. It's not anymore. It's just another way for egotistical folks to stroke their egos using their kids.

Everything changes when puberty hits so it will be fun to see those egomaniac kids be brought down to earth by the kids who they thought sucked but worked hard at it.

Stony Brook and kk are about talent identification not development.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747636 09/21/20 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a turnover among coaches. Heard that girls u17 is no longer there.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747637 09/21/20 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GARBAGE! Going to lose the more talented players by end of the year not working for these kids!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747638 09/21/20 01:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a turnover among coaches. Heard that girls u17 is no longer there.

ALWAYS! Trainers follow the money

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747696 09/22/20 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB and Athletico merger falling apart, Athletico kids will leave. SB board running things and just political stuff and favoritism towards their players. This WON’T end well...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747714 09/23/20 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB and Athletico merger falling apart, Athletico kids will leave. SB board running things and just political stuff and favoritism towards their players. This WON’T end well...

There is no leadership at the club. Only a few board members put in some time. The rest just there to make sure their kid is taken care of.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747717 09/23/20 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA will get the kk kids as usual unfortunate Kurt doesn't seem to care anymore?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747727 09/23/20 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA will get the kk kids as usual unfortunate Kurt doesn't seem to care anymore?

A merge between a Non Profit and a For Profit was never going to work. SB Board should never have approved this.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747774 09/23/20 10:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A merge between a Non Profit and a For Profit was never going to work. SB Board should never have approved this.
Yup. At my kids a age group the were to have 27 kids and two teams. Ended up with 20 so they're scrambling each week to roster out each team. Think the sb trainer my kid had last year who was great with my kid is no longer there.

So glad we moved.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747782 09/24/20 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2008 girls team had to cancel the first EDP game no coach available?? What kind of crap is that

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747785 09/24/20 07:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2008 girls team had to cancel the first EDP game no coach available?? What kind of crap is that

The new risk management stuff is a disaster. It might be related to that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747846 09/25/20 07:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight. Obviously you not part of the club or the opposing team or you would know the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!