Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 04:51 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 04:48 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 02:13 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by LIRef77 - 10/19/20 12:28 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747754 09/23/20 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U must be the only idiot around who thinks the mls academy is legit. The national team is by far worse now than in the 90”s. The academy was a failure cause it is all political. More so at nycfc

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #747756 09/23/20 03:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last I checked Christian Pulisic is 5'8"[/quote]

Nobody is saying there are no exceptional players who are small especially if they are as fast as Pulisic . The issue is more about smaller kids being overlooked for bigger more athletic kids by academies . Obviously there are exceptions - but not as many as there used to be .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747767 09/23/20 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep cling you the thought that your son is an elite player cause hes at a mls club. How much did it cost u

Nothing. It's totally free.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747768 09/23/20 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U must be the only idiot around who thinks the mls academy is legit. The national team is by far worse now than in the 90”s. The academy was a failure cause it is all political. More so at nycfc

But if your kid was still there it would all be ok right? Get over yourself. Time to move on.

The MLS may be garbage, but the european based US youngsters about to break into the national team look great to me! Best generation of talent I can remember.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747769 09/23/20 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess u have amnesia

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747770 09/23/20 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the better players don't play against players that are better than them what is the point

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747783 09/24/20 07:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gio Reyna and Weston McKinnie might turn out the best of the bunch and they are not small lads.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747798 09/24/20 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep cling you the thought that your son is an elite player cause hes at a mls club. How much did it cost u

Nothing. It's totally free.
There is nothing free my friend

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747803 09/24/20 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He gave up his self respect

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747805 09/24/20 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gio Reyna and Weston McKinnie might turn out the best of the bunch and they are not small lads.

FYI, Gio getting interest from Liverpool

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747809 09/24/20 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He gave up his self respect

Lmbo hilarious, kids soccer is no joke

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747822 09/24/20 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he is. He has a team of people working on his behalf. He is good but do you think he would have made it this far if he had no connections. He has made the most of the opportunity his dad afforded home

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747866 09/25/20 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he is. He has a team of people working on his behalf. He is good but do you think he would have made it this far if he had no connections. He has made the most of the opportunity his dad afforded home

I remember seeing a little kid play with the NYCFC academy about 5 years ago. He looked like he was running the game. 5 seconds ahead of other bigger stronger faster kids, great technique and composure. I asked the local DA coach who he was. He said, 'Take a good look. That's what a future professional soccer player looks like.'

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747869 09/25/20 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they said that They were employed by his dad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747870 09/25/20 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remember seeing a little kid play with the NYCFC academy about 5 years ago. He looked like he was running the game. 5 seconds ahead of other bigger stronger faster kids, great technique and composure. I asked the local DA coach who he was. He said, 'Take a good look. That's what a future professional soccer player looks like.'
And where is this kid now? If some DA coach says to me "that's what a future professional soccer player looks like" I will just laugh a bit. If he says instead, "that's what a potential future soccer player looks like", then I would take it more seriously and keep an eye out because the DA coach is being realistic.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747872 09/25/20 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gio is fantastic and yes, his dad got him that extra help. He was always going to be a pro. The support and help from dad are why he's on a UCL team at 17. Otherwise he's a homegrown NYCFC or Red Bulls player, trying to crack an MLS lineup (MLS teams dont give kids playing time) and get to Europe in a few years. That is what dad did for him. The main thing is that dad cant help him now, and right now this kid delivers and he's going to be awesome for USMNT.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747876 09/25/20 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And where is this kid now? If some DA coach says to me "that's what a future professional soccer player looks like" I will just laugh a bit. If he says instead, "that's what a potential future soccer player looks like", then I would take it more seriously and keep an eye out because the DA coach is being realistic.

Where is he now? He's 17 years old and he starts for Borussia Dortmund.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747877 09/25/20 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gio is fantastic and yes, his dad got him that extra help. He was always going to be a pro. The support and help from dad are why he's on a UCL team at 17. Otherwise he's a homegrown NYCFC or Red Bulls player, trying to crack an MLS lineup (MLS teams dont give kids playing time) and get to Europe in a few years. That is what dad did for him. The main thing is that dad cant help him now, and right now this kid delivers and he's going to be awesome for USMNT.
I like what you wrote here. But what is sad is the part about the USMNT. That should be a proud highlight for him but it's really a step backwards the way US Soccer is run. I'd love to see a really competitive USMNT but that isn't going to happen any time soon. 350M people in our country and we can't produce a competitive team on the International Level. SMH.....

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747896 09/26/20 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s the point. They have a few legit players and the rest are there due to politics. They went from Bradley to Trapp. The whole organization is a sham. They got rid of Klinsman because he wouldn’t play by there rules. Players like Bradley complained about a coach who has accomplished everything you can in soccer and the powers that be listened to these spoiled underachieving 2nd level type players.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747898 09/26/20 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m confused. You are agreeing that his dad opened doors for him while other players got screwed and then u say he’s the greatest. So it’s ok that better players got pushed to the side due to nepotism. Is it possible that these players who got pushed to the side could be doing great things also? Maybe if the academy acted in those other kids best interest they would be in the same position. Just wondering

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747901 09/26/20 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We need a new forum topic.

THE BITTER DADS WHO'S KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT JUST BECAUSE OF POLITICS SUPPORT GROUP

Seems like there are lots of you out there

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747902 09/26/20 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s the point. They have a few legit players and the rest are there due to politics. They went from Bradley to Trapp. The whole organization is a sham. They got rid of Klinsman because he wouldn’t play by there rules. Players like Bradley complained about a coach who has accomplished everything you can in soccer and the powers that be listened to these spoiled underachieving 2nd level type players.

Great post, I could never figure out the Klinsman thing. How obvious, duh

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747916 09/26/20 11:20 PM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
I like what you wrote here. But what is sad is the part about the USMNT. That should be a proud highlight for him but it's really a step backwards the way US Soccer is run. I'd love to see a really competitive USMNT but that isn't going to happen any time soon. 350M people in our country and we can't produce a competitive team on the International Level. SMH.....

Yep. We can’t develop world class
Players let alone a team. Pulisic had an “unconventional” route

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747918 09/27/20 03:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Klinsmann is a terrible manager. Great player who became a con artist. Should have never gotten the job in the first place and set us back.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747920 09/27/20 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Klinsmann is a terrible manager. Great player who became a con artist. Should have never gotten the job in the first place and set us back.

How did he set us back? By playing half the crap they still play/played ? I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!