Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |


Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 10/01/20 11:12 AM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 10/01/20 10:22 AM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 07:29 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747383 09/14/20 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747388 09/14/20 08:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


It’s also why the MLS is filling its ranks with players from South America - they’re better than American kids and there’s no development cost. These MLS dev players will be lucky to pull college scholarships away from European league dropouts.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747390 09/14/20 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


It’s also why the MLS is filling its ranks with players from South America - they’re better than American kids and there’s no development cost. These MLS dev players will be lucky to pull college scholarships away from European league dropouts.

Thanks. Come again next year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747391 09/14/20 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


It’s also why the MLS is filling its ranks with players from South America - they’re better than American kids and there’s no development cost. These MLS dev players will be lucky to pull college scholarships away from European league dropouts.

Sad but true

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747392 09/14/20 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.

The reason the US sucks on a soccer world stage is because it's still armature and doesn't have the identity. I think US has tried to mimic how things are done in Europe and/or in South or Central America. And it doesn't work due the differences in country infrastructure, people mentality and other things. Someone has to understand that and figure out what is the best way to develop local players and build soccer infrastructure. For example, we all complain about pay to play model in youth soccer but can't come up with the solution. So many local leagues that are competing between themselves. Is there a way to make them working together? Maybe we could solve that ridicule travel expenses?

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747394 09/14/20 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that you didn't make your point on the players how about trying for the coaches

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747395 09/14/20 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that you didn't make your point on the players how about trying for the coaches
Not sure if you refer to my post or not.
My vision on coaching for youth soccer is that club director or who ever in charge is entitled to hire who ever he/she pleases or can afford and result will be the decider. Good coach is like a good teacher, hard to find. It's not just telling players what to do on the field but should be able to teach them correct life values, inspire and create that working environment. So, I see a lot of coaches from Europe, mostly from UK and from S and N America and they bring their own experience and vision. What ever works will work.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747399 09/14/20 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


It’s also why the MLS is filling its ranks with players from South America - they’re better than American kids and there’s no development cost. These MLS dev players will be lucky to pull college scholarships away from European league dropouts.

Thanks. Come again next year.

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747406 09/15/20 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
International recruiting will not be the same for most colleges. Many have cut scholarships and are now limited on International recruiting. Foreign students require agents to help them make those connections and that has now been limited as well!

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747439 09/15/20 06:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


Never mind I hear Red Bulls are looking for ball kids at the Arena

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747442 09/15/20 07:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.


Never mind I hear Red Bulls are looking for ball kids at the Arena

Maybe his kid will become a juggle monkey. We had season tickets and they (street ballers) used to perform at half like the seals at Sea World.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747443 09/15/20 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the negativity? As an outsider, it seems like some are jealous that their kid doesn’t play in the league or for a mLs academy team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747450 09/16/20 07:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re an idiot. You talk a big game cause your son is at a mls team but for how long. The turnover rate is huge unless you are friends with the decision makers. Most kids don’t make it through from start to finish. Look at your local mls teams. There’s a reason the US sucks on a world stage.

The reason the US sucks on a soccer world stage is because it's still armature and doesn't have the identity. I think US has tried to mimic how things are done in Europe and/or in South or Central America. And it doesn't work due the differences in country infrastructure, people mentality and other things. Someone has to understand that and figure out what is the best way to develop local players and build soccer infrastructure. For example, we all complain about pay to play model in youth soccer but can't come up with the solution. So many local leagues that are competing between themselves. Is there a way to make them working together? Maybe we could solve that ridicule travel expenses?

There are actually some fairly simple solutions. One would be to have school based clubs since schools usually have facilities. This works if USSF would make a massive effort to train school coaches properly and force schools to have soccer as a fall and spring sport and futsal in winter. All other sports in the US operate this way with schools as the low cost grass roots.

Other solutions would involve youth soccer taken over by USSF (not private leagues like we have now) to create national, regional. state, and local leagues with multiple tiers and promotion and relegation. One would expect MLS teams to be the best and in the state or regional leagues and national for older kids.

Guys, Iceland has figured out how to do it so I am sure we can. If we want.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747451 09/16/20 07:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure whatever happened to the NYCFC affiliate league thing but in theory that was a good idea. If every MLS team did similar . . . .

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747455 09/16/20 09:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why the negativity? As an outsider, it seems like some are jealous that their kid doesn’t play in the league or for a mLs academy team.
I agree - folks like to bash and say that the competition isn't all that great until you take your child to a team (I'm sure there are a couple of exceptions) and realize the competition is the best around especially for the boys in the older age groups.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747460 09/16/20 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that you didn't make your point on the players how about trying for the coaches

One of the reasons soccer in the US is so bad is the coaching at the youth level is poor. The worst coaches are the ex college players. College soccer sucks so why are so many parents happy to hand over hard earned money to some chump who played soccer at such a low level?

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747466 09/16/20 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don’t want to figure it out. That would mean lots of people (trainers, coaches and some low level executives would lose $). Mls teams take some very good players so the team is good. Then fill out the team with the people who have $ and those who don’t.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747471 09/16/20 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sick of all the jealous haters assuming MLS academy teams fill out their rosters with people that have connections or money, just simply an excuse you feed yourself as to why your own son didnt make a team. As MLS academy teams dont charge a nickel and all training, gear, travel, etc is fully paid for, please explain how you think $ factors in. As to connections, I can assure you there is almost zero interaction between parents and coaches/administrators. They don't give a darn whether you think you have a connection or not, they are simply taking the best players that have the ability to potentially be considered for first team and give the best chance to win games on a weekly basis. Anything short of that rational and then you are part of the problem enabling your own son that didnt make the team that deck was stacked against him as opposed to the reality which I'll assume deep down you likely know.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747473 09/16/20 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sick of all the jealous haters assuming MLS academy teams fill out their rosters with people that have connections or money, just simply an excuse you feed yourself as to why your own son didnt make a team. As MLS academy teams dont charge a nickel and all training, gear, travel, etc is fully paid for, please explain how you think $ factors in. As to connections, I can assure you there is almost zero interaction between parents and coaches/administrators. They don't give a darn whether you think you have a connection or not, they are simply taking the best players that have the ability to potentially be considered for first team and give the best chance to win games on a weekly basis. Anything short of that rational and then you are part of the problem enabling your own son that didnt make the team that deck was stacked against him as opposed to the reality which I'll assume deep down you likely know.

Do you think the coaches of MLS Academy teams are above taking financial consideration for spots 20-24 on their roster?

If you do, you're wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747475 09/16/20 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sick of all the jealous haters assuming MLS academy teams fill out their rosters with people that have connections or money, just simply an excuse you feed yourself as to why your own son didnt make a team. As MLS academy teams dont charge a nickel and all training, gear, travel, etc is fully paid for, please explain how you think $ factors in. As to connections, I can assure you there is almost zero interaction between parents and coaches/administrators. They don't give a darn whether you think you have a connection or not, they are simply taking the best players that have the ability to potentially be considered for first team and give the best chance to win games on a weekly basis. Anything short of that rational and then you are part of the problem enabling your own son that didnt make the team that deck was stacked against him as opposed to the reality which I'll assume deep down you likely know.
Agreed - at least on the boys side. I think the last "pay-to-play" MLS academy, DC United, has just announced they are going to a free model for players.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747476 09/16/20 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mls teams are all about connections. My son is at a local mls team and I’ve seen parents always in conversation with trainers and directors and then miraculously there kid gets an invitation over everyone. Take your head out of the sand. Yes there are kids their on merit but there is other things going on.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747481 09/16/20 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mls teams are all about connections. My son is at a local mls team and I’ve seen parents always in conversation with trainers and directors and then miraculously there kid gets an invitation over everyone. Take your head out of the sand. Yes there are kids their on merit but there is other things going on.

Crazy paranoid parent. MLS academies are there to produce 1st team players. There's no room for political favors. Even the ex RBNY's manager's kid did not get offered a spot on the academy. If your kid is not being invited then he's not been identified as a first team prospect. Accept it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Anonymous #747483 09/16/20 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mls teams are all about connections. My son is at a local mls team and I’ve seen parents always in conversation with trainers and directors and then miraculously there kid gets an invitation over everyone. Take your head out of the sand. Yes there are kids their on merit but there is other things going on.

Crazy paranoid parent. MLS academies are there to produce 1st team players. There's no room for political favors. Even the ex RBNY's manager's kid did not get offered a spot on the academy. If your kid is not being invited then he's not been identified as a first team prospect. Accept it and move on.

And they’re lucky if one player per age group makes it to the first team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747484 09/16/20 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually his son chose not to go to Red Bull’s. You’re buying into it cause your kid is there for now. My son went through and is now at a top college getting a free education which is a great thing. Most of those boys will do the same but that doesn’t hide the fact that there are kids there who parents will stop at nothing to get them ahead. You know the ones I’m talking about, always trying to talk to the trainers, offering their house for out of state players to live or they just happen to know everyone. We enjoyed our experience but we were not blind.

Like Reply Quote
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #747485 09/16/20 06:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s the acacdemy director now at nycfc?

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!