Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 04:23 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 04:20 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 03:38 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 02:17 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Suffolk sports officials postpone fall sports until January 2021
Anonymous #747311 09/12/20 04:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Risk vs reward. What real reward?

If you want to gamble, play the stock market or better yet go to Jake’s now that it is reopening.

Curran is a politician she knows nothing is going to change and she will look like a hero. Cuomo is also just passing the buck.

There is no reward! At the end of the day no politician nor county administrator wants to be “without a chair” when the music stops. With no direction, all this uncertainty of every day life with no real normalcy in sight everyone is paralyzed to make a decision. With a President that has shut down any action or thoughts about Covid it has left the States to there own to act. Once Trump is gone in 53 days then maybe we can start to look ahead with a comprehensive plan. It made no sense from the beginning that one county was yes and the other no. It just amazes me that with all this uncertainty about school and parents being able to go back to work that parents are more upset about sports at high school and with clubs. It goes to show you how many parents social life evolve around their kids lives. It really is true how many parents live vicariously thru their kids. All I care about is my kids safe at school and earning a living. Sports is not even near the top of my list.

Being safe at school and earning a living is great. But playing sports is a big part of a young person's life. It shapes the person they become and also gives them lasting memories. Most of my best memories of my youth was playing a sport that I loved. If you said all of those times would be taken away but you will know that you were safe at school and can now earn a living I would NOT be happy. And many parents do not want those opportunities taken away from their kids. The kids do many things that have a way more chance of catching the virus than playing soccer or other sports.

So it's about the parents. Typical jackass who only excelled in checkers growing up. Exactly what I've been saying, its the parents who want their kid to be the alpha on the soccer team against kids sho are playing for fun. Then they can return to their club and brag about how they're the best on their HS team, all while now being the small fish in the big pond.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #747313 09/12/20 06:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to gamble, play the stock market or better yet go to Jake’s now that it is reopening.

Curran is a politician she knows nothing is going to change and she will look like a hero. Cuomo is also just passing the buck.

There is no reward! At the end of the day no politician nor county administrator wants to be “without a chair” when the music stops. With no direction, all this uncertainty of every day life with no real normalcy in sight everyone is paralyzed to make a decision. With a President that has shut down any action or thoughts about Covid it has left the States to there own to act. Once Trump is gone in 53 days then maybe we can start to look ahead with a comprehensive plan. It made no sense from the beginning that one county was yes and the other no. It just amazes me that with all this uncertainty about school and parents being able to go back to work that parents are more upset about sports at high school and with clubs. It goes to show you how many parents social life evolve around their kids lives. It really is true how many parents live vicariously thru their kids. All I care about is my kids safe at school and earning a living. Sports is not even near the top of my list.

Being safe at school and earning a living is great. But playing sports is a big part of a young person's life. It shapes the person they become and also gives them lasting memories. Most of my best memories of my youth was playing a sport that I loved. If you said all of those times would be taken away but you will know that you were safe at school and can now earn a living I would NOT be happy. And many parents do not want those opportunities taken away from their kids. The kids do many things that have a way more chance of catching the virus than playing soccer or other sports.

So it's about the parents. Typical jackass who only excelled in checkers growing up. Exactly what I've been saying, its the parents who want their kid to be the alpha on the soccer team against kids sho are playing for fun. Then they can return to their club and brag about how they're the best on their HS team, all while now being the small fish in the big pond.

No idiot. It's not about me (the parent) at all. WHy did you think that? And why do you think I only played checkers growing up. Didn't you get that I played at a high level. And loved every minute of it. I don't want my kids to miss out on the same fun and exciting times I had. My kids want that. They want to play. How they do has NOTHING to do with ME. I want them to be happy. Period.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747317 09/12/20 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idiot. It's not about me (the parent) at all. WHy did you think that? And why do you think I only played checkers growing up. Didn't you get that I played at a high level. And loved every minute of it. I don't want my kids to miss out on the same fun and exciting times I had. My kids want that. They want to play. How they do has NOTHING to do with ME. I want them to be happy. Period.

So did I. But what you're neglecting is that they will play in the spring. The kids aren't missing it, its just pushed back. So the sooner everyone accepts it the better. And assuming the kids are playing club ball, they're not getting hurt emotionally from not playing (which is another crock). The issue they will have is how to keep them fit in the winter. Some clubs will try to stay outside, doubt there will be indoor sessions.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747325 09/13/20 08:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So hypocritical! The schools are Currently having gym class but no sports. Explain that?
Explain that to a teenager. These kids are learning these days that the adults have lost there minds over COVID an no more common sense.

Kids have enough things to deal with now let them play. They already waited since a March.
Adults are being cruel to them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747328 09/13/20 09:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So hypocritical! The schools are Currently having gym class but no sports. Explain that?
Explain that to a teenager. These kids are learning these days that the adults have lost there minds over COVID an no more common sense.

Kids have enough things to deal with now let them play. They already waited since a March.

Jesus get over it. The gym they are having outside is not anywhere like participating in asoccer game or practice
The problem as I see it is that parents and kids need to vent their frustrations and this” let them play” protest is an outlet

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747331 09/13/20 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should have taken your kid outside over the summer for some exercise and fresh air.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747338 09/13/20 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesus get over it. The gym they are having outside is not anywhere like participating in asoccer game or practice
The problem as I see it is that parents and kids need to vent their frustrations and this” let them play” protest is an outlet

Please do not attempt to speak for me or others
Bottom line the Governor and the NYS Health Comm authorized sports to resume.
They have the so called science . Right ? The Governor is looking out for the whole state right ? He said when school can resume right ? He said when businesses can reopen right ? Sports ? Etc

So let me ask why are the Nassau and Suffolk school admins going against what they approve.
Should all the businesses which were shut down have gone against the Governors orders also the last 6 months ?
Why couldn’t they decide which was best for their business. Kinda like what the schools admins are doing now
So laughable Double standard to me

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747346 09/13/20 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my district they changed the gym syllabus so that all "team sports" in gym are now in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747352 09/14/20 07:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about the $$ for the districts

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747359 09/14/20 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! The same people say trust the DRs when for their argument then say why listen to them when not for their argument. For the people who say what they are finding out about long term effects. Were they testing for these items prior to covid? Were they there prior? They are just finding out now 6 months after we shut down so that means we need more data, let’s shut down for another 6? Not about the parents it’s the kids. Unfortunate that lot of those parents aren’t listening to their kids what’s/needs. But they will come on here or any forum and try to kick/scream how their opinion is only right one.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747365 09/14/20 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesus get over it. The gym they are having outside is not anywhere like participating in a soccer game or practice

Why don't you check reality. My kids tell me that they already not wearing masks in the gym class and not social distancing. Already in the 2nd week of school!!! Kids will be kids. If you think by having kids stop playing sports now in their schools is going to help this pandemic, then you need a reality check. Its a joke, and it only hurts the kids. Any it really hurts the Junior and Senior Athletes, who are in tears about how this id destroying there lives over a 0.8% infection rate. It all Politics and Bureaucrats , not reality.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747370 09/14/20 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do not attempt to speak for me or others
Bottom line the Governor and the NYS Health Comm authorized sports to resume.
They have the so called science . Right ? The Governor is looking out for the whole state right ? He said when school can resume right ? He said when businesses can reopen right ? Sports ? Etc

So let me ask why are the Nassau and Suffolk school admins going against what they approve.
Should all the businesses which were shut down have gone against the Governors orders also the last 6 months ?
Why couldn’t they decide which was best for their business. Kinda like what the schools admins are doing now
So laughable Double standard to me

Whats laughable is that to you and others this is life or death.
Do you wear a mask, or if you do sometimes yes, soemtimes no.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747387 09/14/20 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesus get over it. The gym they are having outside is not anywhere like participating in a soccer game or practice

Why don't you check reality. My kids tell me that they already not wearing masks in the gym class and not social distancing. Already in the 2nd week of school!!! Kids will be kids. If you think by having kids stop playing sports now in their schools is going to help this pandemic, then you need a reality check. Its a joke, and it only hurts the kids. Any it really hurts the Junior and Senior Athletes, who are in tears about how this id destroying there lives over a 0.8% infection rate. It all Politics and Bureaucrats , not reality.

Destroying their lives? Can you be a little more dramatic? Look at kids who are living in poverty, then come back here and tell us how your kid's life is being destroyed because sports are being postponed (not cancelled). Take them outside for some air.

How you were allowed to procreate is mind boggling.....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747393 09/14/20 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Destroying their lives? Can you be a little more dramatic? Look at kids who are living in poverty, then come back here and tell us how your kid's life is being destroyed because sports are being postponed (not cancelled). Take them outside for some air.

You obviously don’t have a junior or senior student athlete or you would see their pain and frustration. Keep closing your eyes. Who says they will play in winter or spring. How much lower can the infection rate get 0.2 %??. I’m sure your kids love you. You keep them safe and protected right? You are probably on virtual learning which is your choice. Let the kids have choices and deal with there own risks if they want instead of people like you dictating how people should live because people are still scared and now completely ignore the science. A bunch of hypocrites!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747397 09/14/20 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously don’t have a junior or senior student athlete or you would see their pain and frustration. Keep closing your eyes. Who says they will play in winter or spring. How much lower can the infection rate get 0.2 %??. I’m sure your kids love you. You keep them safe and protected right? You are probably on virtual learning which is your choice. Let the kids have choices and deal with there own risks if they want instead of people like you dictating how people should live because people are still scared and now completely ignore the science. A bunch of hypocrites!

Yes, I've got a junior. Split schooling. In recruiting stage. Newsflash, playing HS isn't getting your kid committed. Get them in a local town club if they want to play. There's other ways to get out and play. But since your kid's life is being destroyed maybe you should seriously consider counseling for them. And I'm not kidding if they're struggling that much. Good luck to you.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #747403 09/15/20 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No child should be in school or leave their homes for that matter if the concern is spreading this or any virus! At this point anyone who thinks preventing them from having a crucial outlet such a Ha sports is the answer is a walking talking robot. Stop pretending the virus has a 8% death rate like initially thought which was the reason for the initial measures taken.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747405 09/15/20 08:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the vast majority believe now that we can send our kids to school, play high school sports and club sports knowing the vast majority will be fine if they contract the virus. The problem is the spreading of this virus to adults with underlying illnesses and compromised immune systems. The school teachers, administrators, workers at these places. Your child spreading the virus at home to older parents and grand parents. That is the main concern. This virus is “in the air” and can spread rapidly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747410 09/15/20 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No child should be in school or leave their homes for that matter if the concern is spreading this or any virus! At this point anyone who thinks preventing them from having a crucial outlet such a Ha sports is the answer is a walking talking robot. Stop pretending the virus has a 8% death rate like initially thought which was the reason for the initial measures taken.

"that does not compute"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747411 09/15/20 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the vast majority believe now that we can send our kids to school, play high school sports and club sports knowing the vast majority will be fine if they contract the virus. The problem is the spreading of this virus to adults with underlying illnesses and compromised immune systems. The school teachers, administrators, workers at these places. Your child spreading the virus at home to older parents and grand parents. That is the main concern. This virus is “in the air” and can spread rapidly.

Correctamundo. The Selfishness of the let em play/ no mask folks is mind boggling.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747416 09/15/20 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correctamundo. The Selfishness of the let em play/ no mask folks is mind boggling.

Some of us are not willing to give up everything that makes life worth living for the small chance that something bad might happen.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747417 09/15/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! The same people say trust the DRs when for their argument then say why listen to them when not for their argument. For the people who say what they are finding out about long term effects. Were they testing for these items prior to covid? Were they there prior? They are just finding out now 6 months after we shut down so that means we need more data, let’s shut down for another 6? Not about the parents it’s the kids. Unfortunate that lot of those parents aren’t listening to their kids what’s/needs. But they will come on here or any forum and try to kick/scream how their opinion is only right one.

kinda like you.

Kids wants and needs are different. Lets not use this issue as an outlet to vent about these unprecedented times. As Spock said in Star Trek, the wrath of khan, "the needs of the many (socety) outweigh the needs of the few (Hs fall athletes and their parents living vicariously thru them) ."

This is about protecting middle aged adults and elders. Do you give in to whatever your kid wants?

Kids " fight for their right to party" -HS seniors and college kids want or need to party in groups of 100. Sometimes in a home so the parents are approving of it. Really? Parents clearly haven't educated their children and taught them right from wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747418 09/15/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the one i saw driving alone with a mask on? Mind boggling

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747421 09/15/20 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but you’re talking in circles, again if the concern is the spread of the virus then lock yourself in a closet with and never leave. Let’s use our brains here, if the concern are those with compromised immune systems then let’s focus on keeping the quarantined. The logic that delaying or canceling sports bc children can spread the virus does not hold up when they are allowing them to go to school. Sports help children mentally, physically, socially etc it’s not just about kicking or throwing a ball. Furthermore what are we delaying sports in hope of? And if whatever that hope is doesn’t come to fruition then what?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747463 09/16/20 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but you’re talking in circles, again if the concern is the spread of the virus then lock yourself in a closet with and never leave. Let’s use our brains here, if the concern are those with compromised immune systems then let’s focus on keeping the quarantined. The logic that delaying or canceling sports bc children can spread the virus does not hold up when they are allowing them to go to school. Sports help children mentally, physically, socially etc it’s not just about kicking or throwing a ball. Furthermore what are we delaying sports in hope of? And if whatever that hope is doesn’t come to fruition then what?

Exactly!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #747470 09/16/20 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!!!!
I hear this argument: "no one knows what the long term effects are if infected with Covid". Well, no one knows the long term effects to children who are kept away from social gatherings and athletics. The only effect i can see is obesity!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!