Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls


Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Larry Miller - 10/26/21 08:27 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 08:14 PM
GHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 08:06 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 07:51 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 10/26/21 07:01 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,602
Likes: 53
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,602
Likes: 53
You can download a copy below of the "Return To Interscholastic Athletics FINAL 09/04/20", BOTN received from Dr. Robert J. Zayas,
NYSPHSAA Executive Director.

Attached PDF document
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Masks while playing soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.

Dangerous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.
“Unless players are unable to tolerate a face covering for the physical activity e.g. (practicing, playing) provided, however, that coaches, trainers, and other individuals who are it directly engaged in physical activity are required to wear a face covering.”

Sounds like players are not “required” to wear while playing but will be required when on sideline or other places the team members may congregate when not playing I.e. locker rooms, bus trips etc...

Am I not interpreting this correctly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if they will still play in Swction Xi. More information will be put this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.

Dangerous

Page 27 for soccer, definitely requires masks. You guys in Nassau county want to play now???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.

Dangerous

Page 27 for soccer, definitely requires masks. You guys in Nassau county want to play now???


NO! They wouldn’t be able to breathe while playing.
And see below.
The language UNLESS UNABLE TO TOLERATE A FACE COVERING can provide an unfair advantage to some players such if someone claims they have asthma.


Page 27 is for gymnastics. Soccer rules begin on page 29

Page6 states-


Student-Athletes
• In accordance with NYSDOH guidance (Interim COVID-19 Guidance for Sports and Recreation) responsible parties must ensure a distance of at least six feet is maintained among individuals at all times, whether indoor or outdoor, unless safety or the core activity (e.g. practicing, playing) requires a shorter distance. If a shorter distance is required, individuals must wear acceptable face coverings, unless players are unable to tolerate a face covering for the physical activity (e.g. practicing, playing); provided, however, that coaches, trainers, and other individuals who are not directly engaged in physical activity are required to wear a face covering. (Pg. 5)


Pg29 states
A mandatory two (2) minute hydration/mask break will be taken at the first dead ball situation after the 20-minute mark. Players must stay on the field during the break and may remove their mask as long as they maintain social distancing. Substitutes who report to the table prior to the break taking place, may enter the game following the break. (Waiver of the NFHS Rule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a feeling that my kid and everyone on their team will be "unable to tolerate a face covering" while playing. That language is completely open-ended and I would expect (and encourage) every player to take advantage of it. The notion that they would even expect players to play a mask while playing is ridiculous.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
NO! They wouldn’t be able to breathe while playing.
And see below.
The language UNLESS UNABLE TO TOLERATE A FACE COVERING can provide an unfair advantage to some players such if someone claims they have asthma.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep and that’s why you will see the Suffolk schools bail out and not play this fall. The schools know that once one kid doesn’t want to wear the mask that then the next kid and the next kid will say the same and eventually no one on the team will want to. Then that leaves the coach in a tough position. Now your opponent decides to wear their masks and there will be an uproar that the other team isn’t wearing theirs. Teams may decide not to play for fear of covid-19 and hence cause problems. The schools will not want to deal with this issue.
Also the bus is still an issue, carpooling is a no no and how do you control a kid from a school who is on A/B hybrid model. Can they go to practice or a game on a day that they did not attend school. How does the school monitor that?
I hope the kids play. I really do but I see trouble brewing this week and next week that will make Suffolk schools bail out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.

Dangerous

I agree, extremely dangerous. Overheating and lack of oxygen is extremely dangerous. It sounds like masks are optional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yep and that’s why you will see the Suffolk schools bail out and not play this fall. The schools know that once one kid doesn’t want to wear the mask that then the next kid and the next kid will say the same and eventually no one on the team will want to. Then that leaves the coach in a tough position. Now your opponent decides to wear their masks and there will be an uproar that the other team isn’t wearing theirs. Teams may decide not to play for fear of covid-19 and hence cause problems. The schools will not want to deal with this issue.
Also the bus is still an issue, carpooling is a no no and how do you control a kid from a school who is on A/B hybrid model. Can they go to practice or a game on a day that they did not attend school. How does the school monitor that?
I hope the kids play. I really do but I see trouble brewing this week and next week that will make Suffolk schools bail out.

100% agreed. This is the out for Suffolk. And will further Nassau's decision to postpone until the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the issue is moot for the fall. There will be no Live school on LI LET ALONE SCHOOL SPORTS ON Sept. 21. The infection rate on LI has risen from 0.50 to 1.4 three days ago to 1.5 on Friday and trending in the wrong direction. ( if the Published number for yesterday is lower, I would think it’s because selfish people didn’t want to be bothered during the holiday) Labor Day weekend isn’t going to help.
There are reports of parties having been by high schools Students especially seniors with no social distancing, no masks and sharing “ drinks”.

The 5.0 percent threshold is very possible in a short time.

Thank you all you political morons Who claim it’s a constitutional right or believe in conspiracy theories
Lus . Those who don’t wear masks in public or don’t wear them correctly just as wearing them below your nose because it’s a bit uncomfortable

I also want to give a special shout out to the parents arranging/ holding the parties as well as the parents who encourage their kids to go. Thank you for your supervision!
You have done a wonderful job educating your children on being responsible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the issue is moot for the fall. There will be no Live school on LI LET ALONE SCHOOL SPORTS ON Sept. 21. The infection rate on LI has risen from 0.50 to 1.4 three days ago to 1.5 on Friday and trending in the wrong direction. ( if the Published number for yesterday is lower, I would think it’s because selfish people didn’t want to be bothered during the holiday) Labor Day weekend isn’t going to help.
There are reports of parties having been by high schools Students especially seniors with no social distancing, no masks and sharing “ drinks”.

The 5.0 percent threshold is very possible in a short time.

Thank you all you political morons Who claim it’s a constitutional right or believe in conspiracy theories
Lus . Those who don’t wear masks in public or don’t wear them correctly just as wearing them below your nose because it’s a bit uncomfortable

I also want to give a special shout out to the parents arranging/ holding the parties as well as the parents who encourage their kids to go. Thank you for your supervision!
You have done a wonderful job educating your children on being responsible.

I concur with the above. There will be a significant spike in cases (as well in schools) in September on LI. Other than Seniors Citizens I see very few teenagers or adults wearing masks either correctly or at all only going into stores where it is mandatory. There is a reason why there is such uncertainty about school, high school sports and club sports. All weekend I have seen boat after boat filled with people with no masks, no social distancing laughing drinking without a thought about the consequences of their conduct with American flags alongside Trump/Pence flags. Then they Will now complain about their Individual rights with the spike that is coming. Just a vicious cycle that has us in this time of uncertainty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s cause all the Oneonta kids who live on LI are counted towards the positivity rate on LI even though they didn’t get it here...smarty pants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

So how do bmx & motocross riders, snowmobilers, nascar drivers, skiers, snowboarders, paintballers, hunters, and construction workers, wear masks while doing their activities and don’t drop dead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Masks while playing soccer.

Dangerous

I agree, extremely dangerous. Overheating and lack of oxygen is extremely dangerous. It sounds like masks are optional

Curious to see the research that says simple fabric masks restrict the flow of oxygen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems these are only recommendations.

from pg 3
this document as a recommended resource on how
schools may consider approaching the “Return To Interscholastic Athletics.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

So how do bmx & motocross riders, snowmobilers, nascar drivers, skiers, snowboarders, paintballers, hunters, and construction workers, wear masks while doing their activities and don’t drop dead?

A soccer player runs Hard for 90 Minutes. Sitting on a motorbike for 90 minutes is a little different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing how so many people lost there minds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments and practices been going on for two months no masks? What? People wake up and vote this [****] is enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tournaments and practices been going on for two months no masks? What? People wake up and vote this [****] is enough!

This is all about CYA. Clubs / tournaments make you sign a covid waiver. States and schools don't want that liability. HS soccer ain't happening with this stupid mask "recommendation", too much room for interpretation. Either mandate it or don't, $hit or get off the pot. Because a previous poster said it best, wait till one team has them all on and the other team doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

So how do bmx & motocross riders, snowmobilers, nascar drivers, skiers, snowboarders, paintballers, hunters, and construction workers, wear masks while doing their activities and don’t drop dead?


Simple, they are not exerting themselves at the same level would wow playing in a soccer game and running 6 miles plus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

So how do bmx & motocross riders, snowmobilers, nascar drivers, skiers, snowboarders, paintballers, hunters, and construction workers, wear masks while doing their activities and don’t drop dead?


Simple, they are not exerting themselves at the same level would wow playing in a soccer game and running 6 miles plus

This is, simply, not true. They exert themselves differently over a much longer period of time, but saying it's not at the same level sounds like something that is common sense, but is not.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/n...ories-drivers-burn-during-a-single-race/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-run-PE-lessons-wearing-face-masks.html
This is the reason why I wouldn't let my daughter play with a mask !!!

There is absolutely nothing less trustworthy than a Daily Mail report out of China. It's like a National Enquirer story about something that happened on the moon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
R9fanCT, Hauppauge G 2010, Espylber, 45Zero, KevinDraper
15,073 Registered Users
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,083
Posts532,207
Members15,073
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Random Photos
Good Jams & Hot Licks 3

Click Here!