Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:31 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:18 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 08:48 PM
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 05:40 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Barça Academy PRO New York, managed by FC Barcelona from next season
Anonymous #744732 08/04/20 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hear they scammed into using a field in nassau county.

I have been getting calls from parents asking me if its true Barca has no fields. They just left the beach and started training in Farmingdale on a garbage field. Rocks and glass. The parents are finally waking up and questioning the inconsistent practice schedule and that Barca has no fields. I think the bottom is actually dropping already. New players dont see it yet, but the parents notice that there are not enough players in the older ages for a team. They have 2005-2002 all training together so it looks like they have enough kids. But what they have is Red and Blue at all these ages. Once the rosters are set and the team shows up to first game it will be obvious all the players they lost. Not enough to play games at these ages. This is sad to see, but luckily most teams are holding their tryouts still and have room for players.

Just out of curiosity, why are parents calling you? I don't have your number, at least I don't think I do; if I did, maybe I would call to discuss my children's soccer teams, or not. Do you charge for the service; what is your background, I would like to know what credentials you have before putting my trust in you. I work in the communications industry, if you are receiving an overwhelming number of calls, I could suggest some additional line alternatives for you to consider, I am here to help.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #744733 08/04/20 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is amazing to me that after all this time, with no soccer, the anti-Barca contingent is still so loud, vigilant and acerbic. I can't begin to understand what would cause me to care so much about another team that I would spend all of my free time commenting on what the other team does do, doesn't do, is unable to to, won't do (you get the idea). I find some joy in poking fun at you all every once in a while, and possibly that is your motivation as well, but trolling as a motivation only lasts so long; what keeps you all going with these rants? It is certainly admirable that you care so much about children not your own (a little creepy to but I digress) and what they do, and that you care so much about how much your LI neighbor pays for their kid for soccer (a little to nosy for me but that is life on LI), and that you care so much about the environment that you stand like sentinels at open fields all over the island to be able to report when a field is being used (for its intended purpose) by Barca, really just admirable. Are you all Madristas? Is that the reason?

To me, it just feels so shortsighted. Maybe one kid playing soccer in this country (not county) right now will ever make it to Barcelona to actually play, but welcoming one of the best teams in the world into this area can only lead to good things, like Barcelona actually playing in this area on a regular basis, wouldn't that be cool to be able to go see? It is just entertainment, but if you have read this far you probably love soccer (football for the eurotrash that will pop in with mindless comments) as much as I do, and would love to see that occur on a regular basis.

Please someone pipe up and at least try to defend all of these rants.

I wrote this 2-3 weeks ago; I cannot believe how much the anti-Barca contingent ramped up in last week or so; the number of busybodies on this site (granted it might be just one or two that have nothing better to do, or are paid to do it) looking to protect the hoi polloi is admirable but seems so out of touch with the reality of the situation. Based on things written in last week, you would think that Barca trainers head down to the field to run practices after a day of dealing drugs or robbing cars ("they should be reported to the police"); absolutely amazing the treatment this club is receiving. Don't you people have any decency in you; are you all that afraid of this club?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744734 08/04/20 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good training, poor training, blah blah blah. What makes you the authority on what is a good, or poor, training session for a youth player? Tell us who you are and what your experience is. The so-called 'top' trainers from each of these premier clubs on Long Island, including those at Barca, are pretty similar. There isn't too much of a difference between them. Any decent trainer can set up a training session doing 'Rondos' the entire time like they do at Barca. A lot of other factors make up a good training session including the field/facility you play on, the atmosphere you are in, the environment around you, and the most important of all, the talent that is surrounding you. Talented players want to play on a great field and in a great facility. They want that atmosphere. Better talent equals better training sessions. SUSA is moving in the right direction. Sounds to me like Barca is not. And that is just a fact my friend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744737 08/04/20 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC is too with much better coaches and college connections

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744738 08/04/20 05:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good training, poor training, blah blah blah. What makes you the authority on what is a good, or poor, training session for a youth player? Tell us who you are and what your experience is. The so-called 'top' trainers from each of these premier clubs on Long Island, including those at Barca, are pretty similar. There isn't too much of a difference between them. Any decent trainer can set up a training session doing 'Rondos' the entire time like they do at Barca. A lot of other factors make up a good training session including the field/facility you play on, the atmosphere you are in, the environment around you, and the most important of all, the talent that is surrounding you. Talented players want to play on a great field and in a great facility. They want that atmosphere. Better talent equals better training sessions. SUSA is moving in the right direction. Sounds to me like Barca is not. And that is just a fact my friend.

Regarding quality of training, as one of my favorite Tik Tok chef's says "if you know, you know". Not sure why we should trust your ability to judge quality of trainers; if you want to pay for our kids' training then maybe you can have a say, otherwise, . . . what do you even know about rondos anyway? And no, the most important part of training is the trainer (is literally in the name); now I am questioning your ability to read, let alone set up a rondo for a training session.

"Talented players want to play on a great field and in a great facility." No they want to be challenged, with other players, however good, that want to be challenged as well. Save you atmosphere for dinner, unless you are interested in desperation, which your post stinks of.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744740 08/04/20 06:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA is nowhere on the boys side, absolutely nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744742 08/04/20 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are over $3000 and have no facilities. Where is the money going?? The dumb NYers that we running this club are nobodies in soccer. Remember when Barca advertised all coaches and managers from Spain? Offered something refreshing. Now they promote that real NYers are running operations. Who is running every other club?? Real NYers. That’s who. Barca Pro is now nothing more than VALENCIA. Using a Alligator name to make money. They are lucky to field teams this year. They have not yet secured a field. Their players are all still trying out elsewhere looking for stability. This is a far cry from the promised state of the art facility and DA status. How about MLS league? Some EDP teams were invited. If Barca was as good as last year, they would be invited. Fact is the top players and teams moved on. This will be a real soap opera to watch them fall fast. Probably gone before the Spring.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744744 08/04/20 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole B04 team has moved to Amityville with Joe Diliberti. Already updated on Got Soccer under the ISA name.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744745 08/04/20 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talented players will play on any field!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744746 08/04/20 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Eddie- Thanks for your input

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744747 08/04/20 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are over $3000 and have no facilities. Where is the money going?? The dumb NYers that we running this club are nobodies in soccer. Remember when Barca advertised all coaches and managers from Spain? Offered something refreshing. Now they promote that real NYers are running operations. Who is running every other club?? Real NYers. That’s who. Barca Pro is now nothing more than VALENCIA. Using a Alligator name to make money. They are lucky to field teams this year. They have not yet secured a field. Their players are all still trying out elsewhere looking for stability. This is a far cry from the promised state of the art facility and DA status. How about MLS league? Some EDP teams were invited. If Barca was as good as last year, they would be invited. Fact is the top players and teams moved on. This will be a real soap opera to watch them fall fast. Probably gone before the Spring.

Ok- Thanks for YOUR input DK

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744749 08/04/20 09:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUSA is noe employing the Paul Riley method poach players with a scholarship offer have multiple teams in lower levels of same age group to fund top team scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744750 08/04/20 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole B04 team has moved to Amityville with Joe Diliberti. Already updated on Got Soccer under the ISA name.

There is the proof that Barca is a joke. Why would all of the players agree to leave the club and move to a small independent town with a different coach. Barca is a Farca. They do not provide the opportunities they claim. There is no reason to play for them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744752 08/04/20 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rondos work better on a nice flat turf field. Not so good on rocks and patchy grass. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744754 08/04/20 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diliberti has now gone from Middle Country to ISA to SUSA to Barce to Amityville and people are still loyal to him when he isn’t loyal to any organization that has given him a job. He doesn’t even coach and people still go with him. People are already leaving the 04 team for other teams so the ones who do follow will have a shell of a team.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744755 08/04/20 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most important part of a training session is the players. Give me Pep and a team of crappy players and you have a crappy session. Give him a team of talented players and now you’re talking. One needs the other. But I would imagine that although Barca doesn’t have its own facility they are still training on quality pitches like they were last season, Cantiague or Mitchel. If you are paying over $3k and training on rocks and patches of grass then there is a problem.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744763 08/05/20 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who is this guy ? And what is his angle ?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744764 08/05/20 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA boys are terrible and the girls side isn't what you all think it is. All the girls do is kick and run soccer. What is Barca doing on the girls side of things? They should continue to invest some time and effort on the girls.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744765 08/05/20 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard his name thrown around in the top 02 boys circle as well. Who is Joe Diliberti ? What is he to Long Island soccer ?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744783 08/05/20 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca is done. The trainers are not the good trainers. The younger girls are a mess, if they even have girls. Stay away from this club. They are trying to save face and in the process hired garbage to train our kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744784 08/05/20 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard his name thrown around in the top 02 boys circle as well. Who is Joe Diliberti ? What is he to Long Island soccer ?

Joe Diliberti is nothing but a College Coordinator who parents believe will help their kids get into D1 Colleges playing soccer. So if the 2004 Pro team left with him someone spiked their Gatorade bottles with some SUSA Kool-Aid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744786 08/05/20 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most important part of a training session is the players. Give me Pep and a team of crappy players and you have a crappy session. Give him a team of talented players and now you’re talking. One needs the other. But I would imagine that although Barca doesn’t have its own facility they are still training on quality pitches like they were last season, Cantiague or Mitchel. If you are paying over $3k and training on rocks and patches of grass then there is a problem.

Agreed. Barca doesn’t have the players anymore. They all left. They are also missing the good trainer. He left too. What they have is a name that they can market and try to save the season after the exodus. They promised too much and nothing happened. 4 years later. Much better in ISA Amityville. Stay far away from this club. They are here for a very short time.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744790 08/05/20 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joe did what Kozy did. “Took” a whole team to another club. Why is this ok ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744791 08/05/20 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta be embarrassing for that 04 team. They were the great Spain hope. Played into like nobody’s business

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744792 08/05/20 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joe did what Kozy did. “Took” a whole team to another club. Why is this ok ?
there’s a difference between moving just one team and moving pretty much a whole club. If the the new team name shows up on gotsoccer, it’s because barca was aware that the whole team was moving on so the passed on the credentials to whoever is managing the team

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!