EA LEAGUE EXPANDS WITH NORTHEAST CONFERENCE OF MLS ELITE CLUBS
#744581 08/01/20 08:21 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
New National Elite Academy League For Boys Starts This Fall

As the youth soccer landscape continues to evolve and waits for news on the MLS new elite player platform, the Elite Academy League (EA League) is quickly becoming popular and is expanding now on the East Coast.

Launched by founding member clubs of the new MLS Elite Youth Platform (former USSF DA clubs), the EA League will serve the player needs of clubs by maintaining the standards and structure consistent with enhanced elite player development. The EA League launched last month and will be sanctioned on the national level by US Youth Soccer (USYS) who recently announced a strategic partnership with MLS.

The Elite Academy League is a supplemental league to the MLS Elite Youth Platform and is committed to developing top players across the platform. The league is built off the former USSF DA standards and will mirror the new MLS Elite Youth Platform structures thus continuing best in class development with seamless interaction and transition to the MLS Elite Youth Platform.

THE IDEA IS TO MIRROR THE MLS’ PLATFORM STANDARDS AND OFFER A CONSISTENT, PROGRESSIVE PATHWAY FOR PLAYERS TO DEVELOP AND ADVANCE.

This league was developed to address the needs of the member clubs, primarily assisting with developing top players inside the Elite Club’s player pools. In the Southwest Conference, Albion SC, City SC, LAUFA, TFA, CVFC, Surf Murrieta, Laguna United, Liverpool International Academy SoCal, Santa Monica Surf, and Santa Barbara SC will be participating in the 2020-2021 season in the U11-U19 age groups.

The EA League’s Northeast Conference is composed of member clubs from the new MLS Elite Youth Platform and consist of: BW Gottschee Academy, Metoval, TSF Academy, Cedar Stars Academy – Bergen, Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth, FC Westchester, Beachside Soccer Club of CT, New York Soccer Club, and Empire United who will be participating in the 2020-2021 season.

These clubs will be participating with boy’s teams in the U12-U19 age groups. The EA League will be providing enhanced player development and exposure as well as seamless interaction and transition for players into the MLS Elite Youth platform.

The new EA League allows the member clubs of the MLS Elite Youth Platform to work together to promote the highest standards in competitive soccer and integrate both leagues with this common goal and direction. Unifying clubs from within the conferences helps maintain the defining standards of the former USSDA, along with the new, enhanced standards of MLS Elite Youth Platform.

This integration further presents long-needed flexibility in two key areas:

Permission for all players to participate in High School Soccer and,
Revising the substitution rules to encourage clubs to better utilize their player pools, especially when showcasing their players to pro scouts and college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: EA LEAGUE EXPANDS WITH NORTHEAST CONFERENCE OF MLS ELITE CLUBS
Larry Miller #744640 08/02/20 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything they can do to make parents think the $4000 they are spending to play for B teams with B coaches and B field access is worth it...

There's nothing worse than the open tryout kids these teams sweep up at the end of the summer to fill their rosters.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744641 08/02/20 09:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell us where we can find A teams with A coaches and A field access

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744643 08/02/20 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 3k w/ uniforms, but point taken.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744645 08/02/20 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please tell us where we can find A teams with A coaches and A field access

You are confusing my usage of "A" to mean "the best within that club" to mean "A-rated across all clubs".

When you play on the second team at one of those clubs they deprioritize you behind all of the first teams with respect to coaching and scheduling. You get crap times on crap fields that A teams never have to deal with.

Here's what happens every year at one of those clubs at the Academy ages: They hold an open tryout in a big bubble and get tons of strong players trying to make their Academy team. They assume all of those players would be happy to play on their B team and cut a lot of strong kids because they think their 2 teams will be full.

All of the top players turn down their B team offers (because they know the deal with "premier" teams and all of the strong players they cut have moved on to other clubs, so they end up making open offers to anyone that attends their summer camps to join their B teams. So the B teams have the least experienced coaches and rosters filled out with town team players whose parents think their son's amazing performance at the summer camp really turned everyone's heads.

And also, they rarely every move a kid from the B team to the A team.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744665 08/03/20 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
THE IDEA IS TO MIRROR THE MLS’ PLATFORM STANDARDS AND OFFER A CONSISTENT, PROGRESSIVE PATHWAY FOR PLAYERS TO DEVELOP AND ADVANCE.[/b]

Hahaha yes of course. Is anyone taken in by this BS? If you really believe any of this I have a case of hydroxychloroquine I need to offload.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744671 08/03/20 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I'd agree with you on what you saying about how clubs do their business in dealing with assembling teams. And I agree with you it's not ideal. But then again, how would you do? In terms of non-MLS clubs where they don't get subsidized and only rely on fees they collect from parents.
1. You don't have money to hire good quality coaches for b, c, d, and etc. teams.
2. Now, assuming you have try out for an existing team and you see 20 very good players out of 60-80 who showed up. You take them over existing players who most likely will leave the club if you cut them out of a team? You can argue that the strongest player should be on the roster and that's how in works with MLS affiliated clubs and professional sport in general. But you are forgetting that parents are paying you for their kids and you want to have a good reputation within your community. So, you end up with a few new players only. It's 'money not enough' makes clubs mostly not moving players from team B to team A. You would prefer get a new player to your club (new fees) over moving players up within club (and, personally, I hate this as it's not fair to kids)
3. As much as you want to provide good fields for every team your club has it's just not possible no way how you dice it.
4. I'd say so many things are not ideal with the way how youth soccer is running here but what can you do? I think it's very simple that without subsidizing youth sport you get what you have and nothing can be done no way how you spin.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744675 08/03/20 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the youth soccer landscape continues to evolve and waits for news on the MLS new elite player platform, the Elite Academy League (EA League) is quickly becoming popular and is expanding now on the East Coast.

Launched by founding member clubs of the new MLS Elite Youth Platform (former USSF DA clubs), the EA League will serve the player needs of clubs by maintaining the standards and structure consistent with enhanced elite player development. The EA League launched last month and will be sanctioned on the national level by US Youth Soccer (USYS) who recently announced a strategic partnership with MLS.

The Elite Academy League is a supplemental league to the MLS Elite Youth Platform and is committed to developing top players across the platform. The league is built off the former USSF DA standards and will mirror the new MLS Elite Youth Platform structures thus continuing best in class development with seamless interaction and transition to the MLS Elite Youth Platform.

THE IDEA IS TO MIRROR THE MLS’ PLATFORM STANDARDS AND OFFER A CONSISTENT, PROGRESSIVE PATHWAY FOR PLAYERS TO DEVELOP AND ADVANCE.

This league was developed to address the needs of the member clubs, primarily assisting with developing top players inside the Elite Club’s player pools. In the Southwest Conference, Albion SC, City SC, LAUFA, TFA, CVFC, Surf Murrieta, Laguna United, Liverpool International Academy SoCal, Santa Monica Surf, and Santa Barbara SC will be participating in the 2020-2021 season in the U11-U19 age groups.

The EA League’s Northeast Conference is composed of member clubs from the new MLS Elite Youth Platform and consist of: BW Gottschee Academy, Metoval, TSF Academy, Cedar Stars Academy – Bergen, Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth, FC Westchester, Beachside Soccer Club of CT, New York Soccer Club, and Empire United who will be participating in the 2020-2021 season.

These clubs will be participating with boy’s teams in the U12-U19 age groups. The EA League will be providing enhanced player development and exposure as well as seamless interaction and transition for players into the MLS Elite Youth platform.

The new EA League allows the member clubs of the MLS Elite Youth Platform to work together to promote the highest standards in competitive soccer and integrate both leagues with this common goal and direction. Unifying clubs from within the conferences helps maintain the defining standards of the former USSDA, along with the new, enhanced standards of MLS Elite Youth Platform.

Revising the substitution rules to encourage clubs to better utilize their player pools, especially when showcasing their players to pro scouts and college coaches.
I lost interest when I saw BW Gottschee, MetOval and FC Westchester. It's all B.S!!!! Save your $$$$ idiots!!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744676 08/03/20 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone translate? Is this for the B (non "DA") teams at BWG/MetOval/FCW/etc?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744677 08/03/20 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have any better league around here? And, for the $$$$ let us to decide how and where we are willing to spend. I don't judge anyone on what cars they buy/drive or how people dress. For the fact, I don't drive fancy car but I am willing to pay for my kid to be on team that is in this league. I don't think he will become professional soccer player (especially in the country where soccer is kind of is not at the level where it could be). And, please, try to be a decent person.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744678 08/03/20 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gottschee hasnt been “elite” since the 90s.

A bunch of parent coaches, no resources, and no longer have the benefit of attracting the top players that made them stand out. Theyre just another East Meadow. SUSA has surpassed them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744681 08/03/20 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, what is the problem if one team is not as strong as the other one? It never happens in professional sport when some teams are much weaker than others? Is it why, for an example, in UK Premiere league, every team has a chance of winning the championship? I don't think so. You never saw games, again in UK Premiere league, with big scores like:
October 25, 2019 - Southampton 0-9 Leicester
September 21, 2019 - Man City 8-0 Watford
Just be a smart coach and manage this game appropriately like giving more time players who usually watch the games from the bench. Or, try to put your players on different positions. Or, etc.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744683 08/03/20 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I'd agree with you on what you saying about how clubs do their business in dealing with assembling teams. And I agree with you it's not ideal. But then again, how would you do? In terms of non-MLS clubs where they don't get subsidized and only rely on fees they collect from parents.
1. You don't have money to hire good quality coaches for b, c, d, and etc. teams.
2. Now, assuming you have try out for an existing team and you see 20 very good players out of 60-80 who showed up. You take them over existing players who most likely will leave the club if you cut them out of a team? You can argue that the strongest player should be on the roster and that's how in works with MLS affiliated clubs and professional sport in general. But you are forgetting that parents are paying you for their kids and you want to have a good reputation within your community. So, you end up with a few new players only. It's 'money not enough' makes clubs mostly not moving players from team B to team A. You would prefer get a new player to your club (new fees) over moving players up within club (and, personally, I hate this as it's not fair to kids)
3. As much as you want to provide good fields for every team your club has it's just not possible no way how you dice it.
4. I'd say so many things are not ideal with the way how youth soccer is running here but what can you do? I think it's very simple that without subsidizing youth sport you get what you have and nothing can be done no way how you spin.

Its simple: Stop being so greedy. You don't need 3 teams at each age level. Keep it at 1 and play the best kids you have, with the best coaches you have, on the best fields you have. Stop fleecing parents of their hard earned money making BS promises about 'Pathways to Pro', 'Full Ride Scholarships' and 'MLS level player development'. This is the only place on the planet where parents are expected to pay $3000+ for absolutely nothing. Until you parents wise up you will keep losing your money. The answer? Play Local Pay Less. Save your money for your kids education, you're gonna need it.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744688 08/03/20 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree with "BS promises". I don't understand why clubs treat parents as their 'enemies' ? Why they don't work with parents. It's ridicules to hear from coaches that parents should be banned from watching games (not Cov-19 related) as they mess with the players during the game by screaming and yelling like run and shoot. So what, as a coach you should be able to deal with it.
But, at the same time, I don't see how you can run club without trying to bring as many as possible players to cover all those expenses that you need to run a club. If you don't have any sponsors how you can afford good coaches that wouldn't coach multiple teams (3, 4 +) and etc.
Those $3000+ fees I don't think t's all about greed. Let's do math. You have a team with 18 players. You collect 18 x 3000 = 54,000. You need to hire a coach, pay for the field, equipment, referees and etc. How much you pay your coach? So, you need to get as many as possible players to assemble teams for competitive and recreational soccer. Then you can hire more quality coaches for competitive team as you can pay less coaches who coach recreational teams or have parents why are volunteering coaching recreational teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744697 08/03/20 11:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gottschee hasnt been “elite” since the 90s.

A bunch of parent coaches, no resources, and no longer have the benefit of attracting the top players that made them stand out. Theyre just another East Meadow. SUSA has surpassed them.

Gottschee is elite. They dropped some pathetic B team coaches and added quality. Some of the garbage went to Barca. That was a quick turn from elite to garbage. The good players left. The above average refused to pay if they stayed and Barca got desperate. Offering scholarships to mid level players to keep the teams alive. IF YOU ARE AT BARCA AND NOT GETTING A SCHOLARSHIP DEMAND ONE OR FIND ANOTHER CLUB!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744756 08/04/20 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I lost interest when I saw BW Gottschee, MetOval and FC Westchester. It's all B.S!!!! Save your $$$$ idiots!!!

Who would you think should be in that league?

Barca "academy" or NY Surf?

You can critique as much as you want but this is as top as it gets in the area (ok there is also NYCFC) for the time being...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744760 08/05/20 01:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, this is a BS League. They are trying to get people to believe that they are part of the MLS world, but in reality, MLS clubs could give 2 Sh*ts about them. Find a good team that will train your kid and let him have fun. Unless he is in the 2% of players real MLS clubs will be looking at, he's not getting the scholarship for college you are hoping for

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744772 08/05/20 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those $3000+ fees I don't think t's all about greed. Let's do math. You have a team with 18 players. You collect 18 x 3000 = 54,000. You need to hire a coach, pay for the field, equipment, referees and etc. How much you pay your coach? So, you need to get as many as possible players to assemble teams for competitive and recreational soccer. Then you can hire more quality coaches for competitive team as you can pay less coaches who coach recreational teams or have parents why are volunteering coaching recreational teams.

You have done a great job of explaining why it makes sense for clubs to charge families thousands of dollars for a sub-par experience based on false promises of quality and development, but you've made no effort to explain why it makes sense for the families to do it, which is kind of the point.

"They do it to subsidize their best teams," is not breaking new ground.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744785 08/05/20 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have done a great job of explaining why it makes sense for clubs to charge families thousands of dollars for a sub-par experience based on false promises of quality and development, but you've made no effort to explain why it makes sense for the families to do it, which is kind of the point.

"They do it to subsidize their best teams," is not breaking new ground.

It's a good question why people pay $$$$ for their kids to play sport when from logistical point it doesn't make sense. The chances their kids become professional players almost 0 and very few will make college divisions 1-2 teams. How can you explain parents paying for competitive b,c,d levels same fees as what for 1st team parents pay? Or why parents pay and keep their kids on the 1st team who see very few minutes of playing when they can move kid to lower team and pay a little bit less (less travel and ect.) and may be it will be much better for a player development?
Perhaps:
Could it be they love their kids and want what they think is the best for them regardless the logistic? Some parents played soccer themselves and see their kids to do the same regardless of their kid ability to do that sport. Some parents are clueless of youth sport and just don't know what it is about recreational and competitive multi levels programs and pay what clubs are telling and charging in their areas.
I don't know. I can only give you my reasons why I pay $$$$ for my kids. By the way, I am asking myself same question every year at the end of the season and talk to my kids about if it makes sense for us to continue with their 'dreams'.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744787 08/05/20 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have paid 2500-3000/years for a roster spot on a A-premier team for number of years

That covered 100+ practices (including winter), 40-50 games, including leagues / cups, tournaments
5-6 tournaments (a couple of local, 3-4 out of state)

For me it's like $20/per practice / game

Club has to cover fields and winter training spaces, tournament/league entry fees, carding fees, coaches fees, travel expenses for coaches to tournaments, etc.
I really don't see how anyone from the club is getting rich from this...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744788 08/05/20 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have paid 2500-3000/years for a roster spot on a A-premier team for number of years

That covered 100+ practices (including winter), 40-50 games, including leagues / cups, tournaments

Club has to cover fields and winter training spaces, tournament/league entry fees, carding fees, coaches fees, travel expenses for coaches to tournaments, etc.

Wow, that's not bad at all. Last year, I paid 3800 for non-mls da team. We could have total of 25 -27 games and about 160 practices. Plus, additional cost for travel for us and coaches

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744789 08/05/20 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, that's not bad at all. Last year, I paid 3800 for non-mls da team. We could have total of 25 -27 games and about 160 practices. Plus, additional cost for travel for us and coaches

Even then it's not outrageous for a DA team that practices 4-times / week for 10 month and seriously competes - this can not be a money maker for a club
Summer camps, fundraising events, holiday clinics, rec soccer leagues etc are all needed to balance club's budget...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744795 08/05/20 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a good question why people pay $$$$ for their kids to play sport when from logistical point it doesn't make sense. The chances their kids become professional players almost 0 and very few will make college divisions 1-2 teams. How can you explain parents paying for competitive b,c,d levels same fees as what for 1st team parents pay? Or why parents pay and keep their kids on the 1st team who see very few minutes of playing when they can move kid to lower team and pay a little bit less (less travel and ect.) and may be it will be much better for a player development?
Perhaps:
Could it be they love their kids and want what they think is the best for them regardless the logistic? Some parents played soccer themselves and see their kids to do the same regardless of their kid ability to do that sport. Some parents are clueless of youth sport and just don't know what it is about recreational and competitive multi levels programs and pay what clubs are telling and charging in their areas.
I don't know. I can only give you my reasons why I pay $$$$ for my kids. By the way, I am asking myself same question every year at the end of the season and talk to my kids about if it makes sense for us to continue with their 'dreams'.

This is a complete strawman. You're countering an argument that was not made. Of course kids of every talent level should be encouraged to play sports. That's why there are rec leagues through high school, town teams through high school and reasonable club teams through high school. Nobody is arguing otherwise. You are literally excusing parents being ripped off because they are clueless about youth sports??

The discussion is about top-level clubs that sell parents the fantasy that their non-elite children are just a season of development under their guidance from becoming elite, playing at the top level and competing for college scholarships. Nobody needs to be getting rich for people to be getting ripped off.

There are boys way down the bench on each of these teams (boys 14-22) that are paying upwards of $4000 (or more) all-in for no reason other than to subsidize higher-level teams at the club. The club isn't getting rich off of this, but they're still ripping people off. Is that not clear to you?

And if you are going into it with eyes wide open, like you appear to be, that's fine. But most are not.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744799 08/05/20 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I am confused with what we are talking about here. In general, are we talking about clubs that have their A-teams (U12-U19) and their B.C,D and etc.teams. And are we talking about players that on those lower level teams that charged a lot of money with the promise that they could make A team some day with the possible future for college scholarships and etc? Or we are talking about players who are on the A team but sees no playing time, which , in a way, is the same thing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744800 08/05/20 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I am confused with what we are talking about here. In general, are we talking about clubs that have their A-teams (U12-U19) and their B.C,D and etc.teams. And are we talking about players that on those lower level teams that charged a lot of money with the promise that they could make A team some day with the possible future for college scholarships and etc? Or we are talking about players who are on the A team but sees no playing time, which , in a way, is the same thing

I was talking about the bench players on the B team! You’ve got kids at the end of the B bench who are getting doubly screwed!

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!