A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I drove by tonight. One field, the northern most one, has turf. The other three are still in various stages of dirt and gravel. None of the parking is even started and unless the business next door is going to allow soccer parents to park in their parking lot, people are going to have to walk through a bunch of construction to get to the one finished field from the access road. I can't imagine that the town would grant permits to open the fields without a bunch more progress being made.

Where are these Barca fields you are referencing?

I'm referring to the SUSA fields.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Barça Academy PRO New York, managed by FC Barcelona from next season
Anonymous #744369 07/29/20 10:07 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I drove by tonight. One field, the northern most one, has turf. The other three are still in various stages of dirt and gravel. None of the parking is even started and unless the business next door is going to allow soccer parents to park in their parking lot, people are going to have to walk through a bunch of construction to get to the one finished field from the access road. I can't imagine that the town would grant permits to open the fields without a bunch more progress being made.

I'm referring to the SUSA fields.

Too funny. Those fields are expected to be in use in 2 weeks. It's time to give up this negative and attacking banter about this complex. Nice try, but it is real. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744370 07/29/20 10:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no Barca fields and SUSA coming very soon as you saw!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744374 07/29/20 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is were the training takes us then we shall go!!! No problem
That is the problem with the sport in the USA spoiled! Kids in other countries would be training in horrible fields and still have passion for the sport.
Yeah, like you have ever trained anywhere.....I highly doubt anything you have to say

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744380 07/29/20 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barca has no fields. No permits as far as I know and fall training starts now. Beach may be fun but are they using it because it is all that they have? Where do they say home games will be??

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744395 07/30/20 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors organization Barca is, you cant get a straight answer out of them they prey on minorities who cant afford larger clubs and pipedreams to others of actually playing for REAL Barca. Fantastic training and some solid teams but without fields or proper leadership it'll always be known as FARCA.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744429 07/30/20 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors organization Barca is, you cant get a straight answer out of them they prey on minorities who cant afford larger clubs and pipedreams to others of actually playing for REAL Barca. Fantastic training and some solid teams but without fields or proper leadership it'll always be known as FARCA.

Not true, they said they are really close to fields and they empower kids. They gave my kid free tuition and made him captain after half the team left. Now he can be the leader of the best club on the planet and we don’t have to pay for it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744458 07/30/20 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sad that they do. They pray on the LI soccer problem. Parents who live through their kids and want to say they play on Barca. The real Barca. No it is really run by Barca in Spain. That is what these parents brag about. Players realize and leave but there is always the above average player whose parents are duped and buys the pipe dream. Business wise they are doing a great job. No fields to practice or play consistently. Parents moving all over. But they sign the players and hold on to them for a while because if they say how good YOUR kid is, how can you disagree?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744463 07/31/20 07:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sad that they do. They pray on the LI soccer problem. Parents who live through their kids and want to say they play on Barca. The real Barca. No it is really run by Barca in Spain. That is what these parents brag about. Players realize and leave but there is always the above average player whose parents are duped and buys the pipe dream. Business wise they are doing a great job. No fields to practice or play consistently. Parents moving all over. But they sign the players and hold on to them for a while because if they say how good YOUR kid is, how can you disagree?

First of all- That is a very racist comment- (they prey on minorities who cant afford larger clubs)

I'm sure you are a SUSA Parent- the training at Barca is far superior to ANY club on LI. That is why people want to join OR stay with the club; whether they are white, black, latino, Asian, Middle Eastern, etc
. SUSA can buy all the clubs they want and continue with the money making machine, BUT those poor kids that start there at a young age will never develop like they should- Kick and Run soccer- It's a joke.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744490 07/31/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take offense to Barca, SUSA, EM, LISC claims of being the best training organizations. While I’m still alive none of these organizations will be the best around, period! Just cause you suckers behave like kool aid drinking sheep! It takes more then this self promoting BS going on. You actually have to produce players on your own without just buying them! The first club team I coached had 6 players go on to play in the MLS! No training organization around here can say that they’ve produced the players of this caliber. You ALL need to keep quiet and produce some players first! Stay in your lanes and stop robbing these Long Island families. You parents have to do your homework and make better decisions for your pockets and your kids futures!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744532 07/31/20 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take offense to Barca, SUSA, EM, LISC claims of being the best training organizations. While I’m still alive none of these organizations will be the best around, period! Just cause you suckers behave like kool aid drinking sheep! It takes more then this self promoting BS going on. You actually have to produce players on your own without just buying them! The first club team I coached had 6 players go on to play in the MLS! No training organization around here can say that they’ve produced the players of this caliber. You ALL need to keep quiet and produce some players first! Stay in your lanes and stop robbing these Long Island families. You parents have to do your homework and make better decisions for your pockets and your kids futures!

That's awesome for your club- You SHOULD be proud-
Although Barca has now sent 3-4 players to NYCFC and 1 to NY Red Bulls and from what I am hearing, there may be more being recruited by NYCFC- These are players that have trained under Barca NY since its inception here in NY.
Not Bragging or putting any club or team down, just giving info

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744543 07/31/20 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, who are you?

If you can't provide that information . . . then I too trained current MLS players, seven to be exact, so I am one better than you; not to mention a few Premier League players as well.

When you read it now, written by someone else, don't you see how insane it looks without some shred of evidence?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744546 07/31/20 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, who are you?

If you can't provide that information . . . then I too trained current MLS players, seven to be exact, so I am one better than you; not to mention a few Premier League players as well.

When you read it now, written by someone else, don't you see how insane it looks without some shred of evidence?

Wait!!! I trained 8 players that went to the MLS!!! I win!!! BUT I'm not going to say who I am

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744547 07/31/20 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, who are you?

Wait!!! I trained 8 players that went to the MLS!!! I win!!! BUT I'm not going to say who I am
This must be the Italian from Met Oval.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744550 07/31/20 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's awesome for your club- You SHOULD be proud-
Although Barca has now sent 3-4 players to NYCFC and 1 to NY Red Bulls and from what I am hearing, there may be more being recruited by NYCFC- These are players that have trained under Barca NY since its inception here in NY.
Not Bragging or putting any club or team down, just giving info

2kids from Barca to NYCFC and 0 to RB. No different then any other “big” club. Maybe the training is a little better. Does that outweigh no fields, completely unorganized, and expensive?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744555 07/31/20 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca has had many of LI’s top players that never played academy. Usually these families are team jumpers and when Barca could not provide what they were looking for they jumped ship.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744556 07/31/20 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nycfc kids from Barca are on the first team? Signed Pro contracts?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744561 07/31/20 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nycfc kids from Barca are on the first team? Signed Pro contracts?

Yes- $2,468,998,999.00 Per game each

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744562 07/31/20 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what I thought! That answer would be NO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744570 08/01/20 01:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait!!! I trained 8 players that went to the MLS!!! I win!!! BUT I'm not going to say who I am[/quote] This must be the Italian from Met Oval.[/quote]

That “Italian from Met Oval” is now coaching in the Ajax Academy - so he probably won.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744573 08/01/20 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well on top of my 5 National titles 9 year pro career of my own over a dozen in the MLS you can add my son recently signing his 1st pro contract for the NY Cosmos! You are all just talk but my career is real! Should be able to figure out who I am if you take your head out of Barca’s ass you fool!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744620 08/02/20 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s so bad at Barca and registrations are so low that now their local based trainers are giving away free training Just to hold on to whatever paying customers they have. They know if the cash cows don’t see players at practice that they will leave so they are begging players just to come to sessions so teams look full.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #744625 08/02/20 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay attention to the news, the real Barcelona FC is struggling financially. They wont be here for much longer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744638 08/02/20 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay attention to the news, the real Barcelona FC is struggling financially. They wont be here for much longer.

I saw on BEIN that they spend as much money as they take in and are always struggling financially because of the high salaries. This post is right on target

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #744646 08/02/20 10:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s so bad at Barca and registrations are so low that now their local based trainers are giving away free training Just to hold on to whatever paying customers they have. They know if the cash cows don’t see players at practice that they will leave so they are begging players just to come to sessions so teams look full.

It is sad because they are inviting a lot of players to come down for these training sessions and then accepting players. These kids have no idea of prices or where practice will be. They just assume it is Barca so they have fields and trainers. The kids are clueless and Barca is just accepting players now and trying to show numbers. Problem is they are doing it in all the wrong neighborhoods and these kids do not think they are paying because they never got a price. I honestly do not think they will survive this fall season. It will be more a hire show than when Keith and Kenny ran this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!