Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |


BOTN Translation
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 04/18/21 11:32 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/18/21 10:53 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 04/18/21 09:22 PM
Section XI (Suffolk County) Soccer Playoff Bracket
by Anonymous - 04/18/21 08:45 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,671
Likes: 36
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,671
Likes: 36
It's the start of the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: SD
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a chance to observe the SUSA ECNL Girls 2005 play in Florida this weekend and was very surprised at the level pf play. Not impressed. They play substandard opponents and did not look like a well oiled machine that is expected of a team at this level. It looked like a local intramural team. There was no possession play. I've been playing and watching soccer for over 40 years and soccer is a possession sport, not a kick the ball forwards and hope someone is there to score a goal. An elite team is judged on how many passes they can put together. It seemed that that they were coached to only kick the ball forwards and not pass it back lateral, ridiculous. These are 15/16 year old players and will be going to college in a couple of years.

I was curious on who coached this team, because when the whole team plays a certain way it's because they are coached to do so. I asked who the coach was because I could hear him yelling at most of the players, but never adding anything constructive. Someone said it was a JR Balzarino, I said WHO? Usually when I get a coaches name of a high level team, I can recognize the name as someone who has played at a high level or has coached at a higher level. Never heard of him. That explains why the team is substandard, When you get a substandard coach or a no standard coach, this is the level of play you get. I hope that these parents are not paying top dollar for this type of coaching, it will be a waste of money because any college coaches looking will not be impressed by any of these players because of the way they have been coached. They would have to undo all of their current coached habits and teach them how to really play the game.

It is unbelievable that such a big club like SUSA cannot get an experienced coach to teach these girls how to play the game at a high level. They look like they are confused and unsure of themselves on the field. "JR" is yelling at them constantly and telling them to just move forwards and not pass the ball back. No one should play a game confused, it is not fair to these players. I tried to find info on "JR" and no soccer history. Who did he play for, Who did he coach before, What are his credentials???

No one did research before hiring him, has he even watched a professional soccer game before. These girls should have learned to stop playing this way when they were 12 years old. SUSA needs to get a real coach that knows how to get these girls ready for college play and not worry so much about just trying to score a goal. Teach them how to play real soccer. Every parent should ask for a refund.
Just an opinion from someone that cares about the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I had a chance to observe the SUSA ECNL Girls 2005 play in Florida this weekend and was very surprised at the level pf play. Not impressed. They play substandard opponents and did not look like a well oiled machine that is expected of a team at this level. It looked like a local intramural team. There was no possession play. I've been playing and watching soccer for over 40 years and soccer is a possession sport, not a kick the ball forwards and hope someone is there to score a goal. An elite team is judged on how many passes they can put together. It seemed that that they were coached to only kick the ball forwards and not pass it back lateral, ridiculous. These are 15/16 year old players and will be going to college in a couple of years.

I was curious on who coached this team, because when the whole team plays a certain way it's because they are coached to do so. I asked who the coach was because I could hear him yelling at most of the players, but never adding anything constructive. Someone said it was a JR Balzarino, I said WHO? Usually when I get a coaches name of a high level team, I can recognize the name as someone who has played at a high level or has coached at a higher level. Never heard of him. That explains why the team is substandard, When you get a substandard coach or a no standard coach, this is the level of play you get. I hope that these parents are not paying top dollar for this type of coaching, it will be a waste of money because any college coaches looking will not be impressed by any of these players because of the way they have been coached. They would have to undo all of their current coached habits and teach them how to really play the game.

It is unbelievable that such a big club like SUSA cannot get an experienced coach to teach these girls how to play the game at a high level. They look like they are confused and unsure of themselves on the field. "JR" is yelling at them constantly and telling them to just move forwards and not pass the ball back. No one should play a game confused, it is not fair to these players. I tried to find info on "JR" and no soccer history. Who did he play for, Who did he coach before, What are his credentials???

No one did research before hiring him, has he even watched a professional soccer game before. These girls should have learned to stop playing this way when they were 12 years old. SUSA needs to get a real coach that knows how to get these girls ready for college play and not worry so much about just trying to score a goal. Teach them how to play real soccer. Every parent should ask for a refund.
Just an opinion from someone that cares about the game.



I could get into the whole history of JR and Larry as well could provide or verify all that I really would like to share about JR but its not my place to do so.

When it comes to the soccer piece I will be completely open about that and say JR is not a good soccer coach by any means for any age. I don't wish ill on him but I don't believe he should be a DOC at Susa or anywhere for that matter. I also don't believe he has a clue how to coach and manage a game regardless of the age group. I like Susa for my child but I don't agree with JR being part of it for a number of reasons in addition to him not having a clue about how to be a good role model or coach that knows the game and can share that with his audience.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,671
Likes: 36
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,671
Likes: 36
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I had a chance to observe the SUSA ECNL Girls 2005 play in Florida this weekend and was very surprised at the level pf play. Not impressed. They play substandard opponents and did not look like a well oiled machine that is expected of a team at this level. It looked like a local intramural team. There was no possession play. I've been playing and watching soccer for over 40 years and soccer is a possession sport, not a kick the ball forwards and hope someone is there to score a goal. An elite team is judged on how many passes they can put together. It seemed that that they were coached to only kick the ball forwards and not pass it back lateral, ridiculous. These are 15/16 year old players and will be going to college in a couple of years.

I was curious on who coached this team, because when the whole team plays a certain way it's because they are coached to do so. I asked who the coach was because I could hear him yelling at most of the players, but never adding anything constructive. Someone said it was a JR Balzarino, I said WHO? Usually when I get a coaches name of a high level team, I can recognize the name as someone who has played at a high level or has coached at a higher level. Never heard of him. That explains why the team is substandard, When you get a substandard coach or a no standard coach, this is the level of play you get. I hope that these parents are not paying top dollar for this type of coaching, it will be a waste of money because any college coaches looking will not be impressed by any of these players because of the way they have been coached. They would have to undo all of their current coached habits and teach them how to really play the game.

It is unbelievable that such a big club like SUSA cannot get an experienced coach to teach these girls how to play the game at a high level. They look like they are confused and unsure of themselves on the field. "JR" is yelling at them constantly and telling them to just move forwards and not pass the ball back. No one should play a game confused, it is not fair to these players. I tried to find info on "JR" and no soccer history. Who did he play for, Who did he coach before, What are his credentials???

No one did research before hiring him, has he even watched a professional soccer game before. These girls should have learned to stop playing this way when they were 12 years old. SUSA needs to get a real coach that knows how to get these girls ready for college play and not worry so much about just trying to score a goal. Teach them how to play real soccer. Every parent should ask for a refund.
Just an opinion from someone that cares about the game.



I could get into the whole history of JR and Larry as well could provide or verify all that I really would like to share about JR but its not my place to do so.

When it comes to the soccer piece I will be completely open about that and say JR is not a good soccer coach by any means for any age. I don't wish ill on him but I don't believe he should be a DOC at Susa or anywhere for that matter. I also don't believe he has a clue how to coach and manage a game regardless of the age group. I like Susa for my child but I don't agree with JR being part of it for a number of reasons in addition to him not having a clue about how to be a good role model or coach that knows the game and can share that with his audience.

Perhaps that is why JR is no longer a tenured math teacher in the Miller Place School District? Just sayin'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters team played against them this Fall at a showcase and all he did was scream at the girls and tell them that they were ECNL players. I was not impressed by him at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you people in the know help educate the new folks who dont have the history please? Or maybe offer links or tips? What is JR story?

I cant understand how this guy is given a head coach position of any team at the top level, the DOC role is beyond belief. What is the story here? Is the owner totally oblivious to how bad and uninformed he is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I had a chance to observe the SUSA ECNL Girls 2005 play in Florida this weekend and was very surprised at the level pf play. Not impressed. They play substandard opponents and did not look like a well oiled machine that is expected of a team at this level. It looked like a local intramural team. There was no possession play. I've been playing and watching soccer for over 40 years and soccer is a possession sport, not a kick the ball forwards and hope someone is there to score a goal. An elite team is judged on how many passes they can put together. It seemed that that they were coached to only kick the ball forwards and not pass it back lateral, ridiculous. These are 15/16 year old players and will be going to college in a couple of years.

I was curious on who coached this team, because when the whole team plays a certain way it's because they are coached to do so. I asked who the coach was because I could hear him yelling at most of the players, but never adding anything constructive. Someone said it was a JR Balzarino, I said WHO? Usually when I get a coaches name of a high level team, I can recognize the name as someone who has played at a high level or has coached at a higher level. Never heard of him. That explains why the team is substandard, When you get a substandard coach or a no standard coach, this is the level of play you get. I hope that these parents are not paying top dollar for this type of coaching, it will be a waste of money because any college coaches looking will not be impressed by any of these players because of the way they have been coached. They would have to undo all of their current coached habits and teach them how to really play the game.

It is unbelievable that such a big club like SUSA cannot get an experienced coach to teach these girls how to play the game at a high level. They look like they are confused and unsure of themselves on the field. "JR" is yelling at them constantly and telling them to just move forwards and not pass the ball back. No one should play a game confused, it is not fair to these players. I tried to find info on "JR" and no soccer history. Who did he play for, Who did he coach before, What are his credentials???

No one did research before hiring him, has he even watched a professional soccer game before. These girls should have learned to stop playing this way when they were 12 years old. SUSA needs to get a real coach that knows how to get these girls ready for college play and not worry so much about just trying to score a goal. Teach them how to play real soccer. Every parent should ask for a refund.
Just an opinion from someone that cares about the game.



I could get into the whole history of JR and Larry as well could provide or verify all that I really would like to share about JR but its not my place to do so.

When it comes to the soccer piece I will be completely open about that and say JR is not a good soccer coach by any means for any age. I don't wish ill on him but I don't believe he should be a DOC at Susa or anywhere for that matter. I also don't believe he has a clue how to coach and manage a game regardless of the age group. I like Susa for my child but I don't agree with JR being part of it for a number of reasons in addition to him not having a clue about how to be a good role model or coach that knows the game and can share that with his audience.

Whose place is it?

He screams because he is not a confident man, the level of insecurity comes across on the most mundane daily interactions with the guy. His absolute pathological need to be seen and perceived as controlling everything is embarrassing, mostly to him. Hence the screaming, he is not the type of man people listen to - maybe is the total lack of experience, barely there soccer knowledge, the “I’m smarter than you sarcastic tone and comments”- and like many men like that he raises his voice in a desperate attempt to be heard. Watching him on the sidelines of a game is truly embarrassing if you are a SUSA member, and must be comical to the other teams. Why is he the DOC? Honest question, really trying to understand that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many of these teams seem to have zero real identity. There's teams who possess just to possess but never win and others who seem to push a hard charge, always forward tactic. What is frustrating is when the coaches put out a lineup built on a specific style, give instructions that are totally opposite and yell all game long. Our old coach constantly talk about possession, have the team lineup for it (4-3-3) and then yell at the kids playing deep to boot forward and then when the ball is lost he only wanted to have one player pressing. The entire plan was like a cut and paste of conflicting instructions from different parts of a book.

It is as if these people, who are soccer professionals (i mean they get paid to coach), never actually invest their own time into learning more about the sport. They just find good kids, bring in revenue and use access to player pool sand money to rise through the clubs. Total salesmen, not coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECNL=Elite
What is Elite about JR?
How can you have an elite team without an elite coach. You’re only as good as you are coached and this team is not even close to elite.
SUSA =More Money
The team has 23 players but only 18 can be rostered. Parents are paying for elite coaching and playing but 5 girls will not even be dressed and 7 will be subs. Money,money,money. That’s all they care about. If they really cared about the players, they would get a qualified coach for the elite teams. That would draw the attention to get more players and better teams. In the long run it would make SUSA more money. JR will lose money for them. Players will not want to stay and they will just have more turnover instead of building a strong team.
Just because someone couldn’t keep their day job as a teacher and has lots of free time doesn’t make them qualified to run a soccer program. Again, what are his credentials. Being the loudest voice on the field may get you the attention you are looking for but doesn’t make you a good coach. If you draw that much attention to yourself then you better be prepared to back it up. JR just makes people shrug their shoulders in confusion.
People say that SUSA is the only place around. Not true and if things don’t change there will be more clubs popping up and SUSA will get left behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y’all flippn’ the script. No elite is real. J R or no J R. Did anyone see the mineola mess or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Y’all flippn’ the script. No elite is real. J R or no J R. Did anyone see the mineola mess or not?


Please explain the Mineola mess?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never mind Mineola, stay on the subject. What is with the mystery around this guy? This site has gone on and on for pages on other coaches, club officials with much smaller roles, but ask what is the background on this guy, and it goes silent...

What gives?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that hard to find - think he coached at smithtown, then went to Jersey to the Stars and then to Susa. Think he has USSF 1 license. Was a school teacher. And the observations above are fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the guy was a teacher and now he’s not a teacher so what happened? Did he abuse a boy or a girl or piss off another teacher or administrator? They got rid of him in New Jersey and the school district he taught that also forced his resignation but he’s good at Susa. The problem with Susa that everybody is overlooking is what they really have is a lot of money but the people on the inside are not special.

What super Duper fabulous trainers and coaches do they really have at Susa? It’s all smoke and mirrors because they’re big you assume that they’re great because because they have money they impress ECNL but the bottom line is if you look at their Twitter feed the colleges that the year players are going to are schools no one ever heard of.

I know that a few years back when some more conversation about J.R. came up I know that Larry posted a letter from the school district about him and also had his own comments and maybe he’ll repost it if it’s not still on the message board but J.R. it’s not a good person to be around kids which is probably why he’s not a teacher anymore. Maybe he’s not allowed to be a teacher anymore?

Does anybody know for sure whether Susa players who went on to college who Susa bragged about ever got any money because I dont know any kid that got a penny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little obsessed?
I can’t speak to the coach because I don’t know the guy. But apparently you were watching another team. A friend plays and we were at the same show case and watched. Room for improvement? Of course. But to say kick and run is totally off. I think one of their goal keepers had amazing foot work an the ball is played BACK or LATERALLY to her many times with confidence because she has such strong skills.

And I love the Anonymous people who feel they can be tyrants because they are anonymous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A little obsessed?
I can’t speak to the coach because I don’t know the guy. But apparently you were watching another team. A friend plays and we were at the same show case and watched. Room for improvement? Of course. But to say kick and run is totally off. I think one of their goal keepers had amazing foot work an the ball is played BACK or LATERALLY to her many times with confidence because she has such strong skills.

And I love the Anonymous people who feel they can be tyrants because they are anonymous.

Did you just wake up from a month and a half nap ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could you people in the know help educate the new folks who dont have the history please? Or maybe offer links or tips? What is JR story?

I cant understand how this guy is given a head coach position of any team at the top level, the DOC role is beyond belief. What is the story here? Is the owner totally oblivious to how bad and uninformed he is?




Technical director!!! Lmfao

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!