Re: New York Surf Severs their affiliation with UST
Larry Miller #743354 07/13/20 07:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure what Surf offers apart from a bigger price tag for the same thing you can get in 30 other places.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743358 07/13/20 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That 07 team
Played D2 nycsl nothing special and a lot of them went to met oval
Why would anyone go to Met Oval??? If you live in Queens i guess it would make sense but if you are driving from Long Island??? Wake up idiots!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743359 07/13/20 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The soccer business on Long Island is legalized prostitution.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743386 07/13/20 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MetOval East

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743389 07/13/20 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure what Surf offers apart from a bigger price tag for the same thing you can get in 30 other places.

Do you have a clue about the price tag? (Or even what you get from Surf)? You appear to be talking out of your ass. Post the price along with the 30 others you mention.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743390 07/13/20 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP, but here you go for Surf:

When it's 9v9, $2875. When it's 11v11, $3375. This excludes uniforms and travel costs for tournaments.

If you want to see what it includes, you can go to their webpage.

As to the 30 other clubs, most town clubs are probably easily 1/2 to 2/3 less in price.

Considering the lack of success, except for one team, Surf has never justified their cost. Also, the arguably one successful team was developed at EI, when the coach trained them there and then brought them over when she signed with Surf.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743394 07/13/20 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are def not the OP and get your facts straight. Surf is lowest price premier club out there and by far has best facilities and coaches in Long Island. Look at Surfs college placement list this year, matches any other top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743395 07/13/20 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 07 team
Played D2 nycsl nothing special and a lot of them went to met oval
Why would anyone go to Met Oval??? If you live in Queens i guess it would make sense but if you are driving from Long Island??? Wake up idiots!!!!

This person is yet another moron that gives his 2 cents when he clearly knows little to nothing about a subject/topic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743396 07/13/20 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are def not the OP and get your facts straight. Surf is lowest price premier club out there and by far has best facilities and coaches in Long Island. Look at Surfs college placement list this year, matches any other top clubs.

Ok, clearly, you are being troll if you think Surf is the lowest priced premier club and the fact that you think they are premier is even a bigger joke. Please explain why such a premier club has changed DOC three times in three years.

Also, thanks for the laughs on the facilities.

Lastly, college placement except for about two girls on LI this year was an absolute joke. Please list the incredible colleges that Surf girls are going to next fall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743401 07/13/20 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP, but here you go for Surf:

When it's 9v9, $2875. When it's 11v11, $3375. This excludes uniforms and travel costs for tournaments.

If you want to see what it includes, you can go to their webpage.

As to the 30 other clubs, most town clubs are probably easily 1/2 to 2/3 less in price.

Considering the lack of success, except for one team, Surf has never justified their cost. Also, the arguably one successful team was developed at EI, when the coach trained them there and then brought them over when she signed with Surf.

Well, you’re wrong on the Surf costs, (are you aware of other clubs that don’t charge for uniforms or give stipends for gas and tolls)? and you’re wrong on clubs being 1/2 to 2/3 less. MANY PAL types charge 2k+, AND will ask for extras for each tournament. Also wrong in terms of lack of success and the make up of what you refer to as EI team. Any other fallacies you want to advance you tuetonic twat?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743402 07/13/20 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, clearly, you are being troll if you think Surf is the lowest priced premier club and the fact that you think they are premier is even a bigger joke. Please explain why such a premier club has changed DOC three times in three years.

Lastly, college placement except for about two girls on LI this year was an absolute joke. Please list the incredible colleges that Surf girls are going to next fall.

Not the op, but he's not far off. Surf is just about the lowest of the top clubs because their fee includes tournaments and coaches travel fee (you're not paying more out of pocket). Farmingdale is a nice college to practice and play at. Lots of college coach contacts. Recruits spread lower D1 to 2 and 3.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743408 07/13/20 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, when facts are presented, all you can do is insult people.

Obviously, you are part of Surf or some parent who has to defend them to the nth degree.

The costs are straight from their website. Are you claiming that those are not the prices? Are they lying on their own website?

All I said that those costs excluded uniforms and travel tournament costs. Did I say anywhere that those costs are included by other clubs. No. I was making the point that the $2875 or $3375 are not all in costs. You still have to budget around another $300-$400 for uniforms and tournament travel costs can be such a range that it’s ridiculous to try and give an estimate.

As to other clubs, yes, their costs also include the same things that Surf provides.

Well, if someone is paying $2,000 to be trained by PAL, they are frankly stupid. I believe Larry at some point on another thread mentioned the horror show that is Merrill PAL “Soccer Club.”

As to success, please list out all these successes. Enlightened everyone here with all these accolades that Surf has.

Does it include the former Surf coach who was accused of improper contact with one of his athletes at one of his prior college coaching stops and then had to resign from his job? Does it include the fact that the 08 team was on its third coach in three seasons and this was the cause of the team folding and now there is no longer an 08 team?

Lastly, yes, the 05 team came from EI when Lisa was poached from EI. If you don’t know this, then, you know nothing about the history that team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743409 07/14/20 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, when facts are presented, all you can do is insult people.

Obviously, you are part of Surf or some parent who has to defend them to the nth degree.

The costs are straight from their website. Are you claiming that those are not the prices? Are they lying on their own website?

All I said that those costs excluded uniforms and travel tournament costs. Did I say anywhere that those costs are included by other clubs. No. I was making the point that the $2875 or $3375 are not all in costs. You still have to budget around another $300-$400 for uniforms and tournament travel costs can be such a range that it’s ridiculous to try and give an estimate.

As to other clubs, yes, their costs also include the same things that Surf provides.

Well, if someone is paying $2,000 to be trained by PAL, they are frankly stupid. I believe Larry at some point on another thread mentioned the horror show that is Merrill PAL “Soccer Club.”

As to success, please list out all these successes. Enlightened everyone here with all these accolades that Surf has.

Does it include the former Surf coach who was accused of improper contact with one of his athletes at one of his prior college coaching stops and then had to resign from his job? Does it include the fact that the 08 team was on its third coach in three seasons and this was the cause of the team folding and now there is no longer an 08 team?

Lastly, yes, the 05 team came from EI when Lisa was poached from EI. If you don’t know this, then, you know nothing about the history that team.

Wow, you could write a book. Of course, you are also ridiculously pathetic as well. Amazing, you actually spend minutes and, obviously hours, thinking about this stuff. Read a book, go out to eat, say high to a girl, do anything to be not so sad and despondent.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743416 07/14/20 08:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly, insults continue to be the only arrow that you have in your quiver.

I presented facts and you can not dispel them so your only resort is simpleton retorts.

Why don’t you go back to your Surf marketing machine as it appears the only sad one is you. Or maybe go to Jonestown and have some more of the Surf Kool-Aid.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743417 07/14/20 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I think is humorous is the fact the no one is or was even talking about Surf until the Kozy screwed DHSC. They were pretty much an expensive but irrelevant club. Now Kozy is himself irrelevant but every club should be aware of his antics and tactics so when they hire a training outfit, they don't have a "Kozy" pulled on them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743418 07/14/20 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rat will go down in the history books for LI soccer .
He should be proud to know he will be remembered

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743420 07/14/20 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rat will go down in the history books for LI soccer .
He should be proud to know he will be remembered
Yes! He also claims to be so pious, but if he were a true practitioner of religion, her would not conduct business the way he does. The sanctimonious little pr**k should either practice what he preaches or admit he's hiding behind religion. Fake, phone and a fraud!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743422 07/14/20 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the op, but he's not far off. Surf is just about the lowest of the top clubs because their fee includes tournaments and coaches travel fee (you're not paying more out of pocket). Farmingdale is a nice college to practice and play at. Lots of college coach contacts. Recruits spread lower D1 to 2 and 3.
Why would anyone spend 2k+ to play youth soccer??? I could see if your child was in their teenage years and wanted to experience all the travel & tournaments. If your child is u13 and younger, stop wasting your money!!!!! Join a non profit town club. There are some real good one's around with excellent teams, trainers and sense of community.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743425 07/14/20 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids who played for Kozy were there for Kozy. I dont think Dix Hills had much before him nor does Dix Hills have the trainers with out him for those kids to play at that level. The problem is with ethics and business. He was hired to do a job and was paid to do it, i dont think as an employee you can just walk away and take the business with you. 242 kids x2,000 per year for training + DOC $ = a whole lot of money for Kozy. Money makes people do crazy or Kozy things. Kozy doing this has cost him and his coaching staff money and jobs.

I don't know this guy at all or his background, but I'm sure soccer coaches don't get paid much.
So I can't blame him for wanting to make more money if he is truly as good as people think.
(Though I watched a few videos of the vaunted B2010 team that some ppl rave about, and wasn't that impressed, but that is another topic.)

I think the issue is that if he wanted to get paid more for his talents, he could have just gone to the new club and let the kids/parents come by themselves organically. By taking all the kids in this way, he basically opened himself up for criticism and hatred -- no different if a high ranking person at JP Morgan/Google took their whole department to Morgan Stanley/Facebook -- there would be for sure be backlash/lawsuit/etc.

That would never happen. Large corporations and banks have anti poaching - for employees hiring - and non compete - for clients- built into offer letters or bonus payouts for every senior person. They usually carry a time limit - either 6 months or 1 year from “departure” date. And these firms have Legal depts so they go after anyone who doesnt comply.

Apparantly you don't have knowledge of brokerage business. This happens all the time. The amount of people who just speak utter nonsense without any knowledge is incredible.

I said large corporations/broker dealers, I also said senior people so probably not the mom & pop places you probably work at, nor does it apply to people with small books. Just to set your mind at rest I have been in the brokerage business at Tier 1 Investment banks for the past 20 years, so would say I do have some knowledge.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743430 07/14/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids who played for Kozy were there for Kozy. I dont think Dix Hills had much before him nor does Dix Hills have the trainers with out him for those kids to play at that level. The problem is with ethics and business. He was hired to do a job and was paid to do it, i dont think as an employee you can just walk away and take the business with you. 242 kids x2,000 per year for training + DOC $ = a whole lot of money for Kozy. Money makes people do crazy or Kozy things. Kozy doing this has cost him and his coaching staff money and jobs.

I don't know this guy at all or his background, but I'm sure soccer coaches don't get paid much.
So I can't blame him for wanting to make more money if he is truly as good as people think.
(Though I watched a few videos of the vaunted B2010 team that some ppl rave about, and wasn't that impressed, but that is another topic.)

I think the issue is that if he wanted to get paid more for his talents, he could have just gone to the new club and let the kids/parents come by themselves organically. By taking all the kids in this way, he basically opened himself up for criticism and hatred -- no different if a high ranking person at JP Morgan/Google took their whole department to Morgan Stanley/Facebook -- there would be for sure be backlash/lawsuit/etc.

That would never happen. Large corporations and banks have anti poaching - for employees hiring - and non compete - for clients- built into offer letters or bonus payouts for every senior person. They usually carry a time limit - either 6 months or 1 year from “departure” date. And these firms have Legal depts so they go after anyone who doesnt comply.

Apparantly you don't have knowledge of brokerage business. This happens all the time. The amount of people who just speak utter nonsense without any knowledge is incredible.

I said large corporations/broker dealers, I also said senior people so probably not the mom & pop places you probably work at, nor does it apply to people with small books. Just to set your mind at rest I have been in the brokerage business at Tier 1 Investment banks for the past 20 years, so would say I do have some knowledge.

So you're at the EPL of the investment banking world. Bravo.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #743433 07/14/20 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss the days when we had 1 town travel team and your school team. Only the kids that worked hard and had the talent made the team. None of this pay to play cr*p academies. It is really sad how youth sports has become so corrupted.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #743435 07/14/20 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss the days when we had 1 town travel team and your school team. Only the kids that worked hard and had the talent made the team. None of this pay to play cr*p academies. It is really sad how youth sports has become so corrupted.

Agreed 100% on this statement. I'm assuming all youth sports is like this as well ? Lacrosse, football, etc ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!