Forum Search
Latest Posts
Proof Republicans hate soccer
by Anonymous - 07/04/20 12:48 PM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 07/04/20 12:45 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by CJ Orlando - 07/04/20 12:43 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 07/04/20 07:33 AM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees
BOTN en Español
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742100 06/30/20 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why am I clueless ???? Someone said sb athletico wasn’t part of Stoney brook until now

The following clubs were all separate entities.

Smithtown Kickers
Atletico FC (KK Athletics)
Stony Brook (Three Village Soccer)
SB Athletico AKA SB Smithtown Athletico

That last club is where all the confusion comes from. Not only do they have Smithtown and Athletico in their names, making confusing them with the Smithtown Kickers and Atletico FC easy, but they also inconsistently call themselves different names, sometimes SB Athletico and sometimes SB Smithtown Athletico. Someone seeing SB Athletico would easily confuse that with the Stony Brook Atletico partnership.

What idiot names a club after 3 other clubs??

The story behind SB Smithtown Athletico is that there was a guy from VOB (Village of the Branch) who wasn't getting his way there and after first looking to drag a few teams to another club, ended up forming his own club instead. And with the new club being in the general area between Stony Brook and Smithtown he named the club SB Smithtown and added the Athletico for some unknown reason. If you ask me it was to take advantage of the name confusion to make it easier to get kids to show up to tryouts but that is only a guess.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Larry Miller #742104 06/30/20 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does a non profit acquire a for profit athletico? Does this just mean kurt becomes DOC for the new entity to get some cash for his teams? He should have sold the teams to SUSA like Ronnie did

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742118 07/01/20 09:12 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Back of THE NET
Online
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how does a non profit acquire a for profit athletico? Does this just mean kurt becomes DOC for the new entity to get some cash for his teams? He should have sold the teams to SUSA like Ronnie did


Are you for real? Nothing was acquired here, it is a partnership and one that worked very well for the last year. Kurt would never sell out his teams to SUSA! Not going to happen!

I suggest that you go back to sleep.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
CJ Orlando #742190 07/02/20 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Larry Miller #742194 07/02/20 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She was just stating the fact. One of the only upstanding places around Long Island.
Customer service sucks and disorganized but still good training.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
CJ Orlando #742195 07/02/20 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how does a non profit acquire a for profit athletico? Does this just mean kurt becomes DOC for the new entity to get some cash for his teams? He should have sold the teams to SUSA like Ronnie did


Are you for real? Nothing was acquired here, it is a partnership and one that worked very well for the last year. Kurt would never sell out his teams to SUSA! Not going to happen!

I suggest that you go back to sleep.
LOL they are talking in their sleep. They need to wake the f**k up and learn to fact check before posting!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742197 07/02/20 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.
If speaking facts is "rescuing" then I am with CJ. She has firsthand knowledge. The rest of the silly commentary is from uneducated people with nothing better to do

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742205 07/02/20 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.
If speaking facts is "rescuing" then I am with CJ. She has firsthand knowledge. The rest of the silly commentary is from uneducated people with nothing better to do

CJ has been a blessing to Kurt. He should have had her on board even before DK left. But lets be real, Glenn has tried on many occasions to buy Kurt. He is one of the only ones to not give into the shady SUSA ways. Kudos to him!

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742207 07/02/20 03:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Back of THE NET
Online
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Do you want to know some facts? I will give them to you, and my facts are exactly that, FACTS!

First of all, yes Kurt has had to rebuild because the SUSA group tried their very best to destroy him. Dan talked teams into going with him AND Moussa offers all of the Atletico players free registration and anything else to get them away from KK. KK is doing just fine, thank you. No need to worry about him!

Really nice to do this to the guy (Kurt Kelley) that sponsored both Moussa and Bouba to stay in this country and work with him. Gave Moussa a car so that he could get around and treated him like a brother. Did the same for Bouba and the nasty, narcissistic Dan K. None of them is worth a hair on Kurt's ass as a person OR a trainer. KK is an honorable person and doesn't talk about anyone including bragging about himself. Believe me, I have tried to get him to write a bio and he won't.

They continue to hate him because they will never be worth a quarter of what Kurt is and they know it.

As for organization, it is true, Kurt can be unorganized but guess what folks, I am not and as long as I am there, everyone will get their answers and have been. We have worked very hard to put it all back together after Dan K. destroyed as much as he could before he left.

We really don't care what morons like you think and feel free to come in here and talk smack but the facts are the facts and when Glen has had enough, Moussa will be right back where he started. You can only lie for so long. KK is not a liar and would NEVER sell out to the likes of SUSA!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742208 07/02/20 03:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Back of THE NET
Online
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,782
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.
If speaking facts is "rescuing" then I am with CJ. She has firsthand knowledge. The rest of the silly commentary is from uneducated people with nothing better to do

CJ has been a blessing to Kurt. He should have had her on board even before DK left. But lets be real, Glenn has tried on many occasions to buy Kurt. He is one of the only ones to not give into the shady SUSA ways. Kudos to him!

Thank you, that is very kind. Kurt is easy to work with and I am happy to be there. He will NEVER give in and sell out. NEVER!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742214 07/02/20 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughters 2010 team played sb athletico last fall and it was Stoney brook athletico

They were still separate teams 1 from KK, 1 from Stony Brook. Now they are merging all the top players together in each age group.
That's not completely accurate.

At the 09/10 levels they had SB teams, and KK teams. But kids from both orgs went back and forth there was even an SB Athletico team which was a mixture of SB/Athletico kids. It created a [****] show. Many of us saw this coming when it was announced over a year ago that this was gonna be the path forward.

It pitted kids against one another by dangling the 'elite' KK teams in front of kids when their only purpose in some cases was just to fill out rosters that KK couldn't do on their own. Taking young kids who are better served learning about team building and character than to be yelled at in a thick south American accent about how they're disappointing the coach because they're not perfect at 9/10/11 yrs old.

The merging with KK does not provide much benefit but to the kids who want to play at the highest levels. It takes a town club with near 40 years of history being an integral part of the community, and turns it into just another academy concerned only with winning and chest thumping about how many kids they can send to colleges and their Got Soccer rankings, at the expense of building character in young kids and perpetuating the weeding out process before kids ever hit puberty and have a chance to develop for talent identification. It also creates monsters of parents who have kids who are early developers in the way they handle their kids and then ostracize those who might not have developed at the same pace.

It ruined the organizational culture of putting the kids first, that SB had when I first came over here. Now it's just another money making arrangement. Sad to say I'm disappointed. Ask yourselves if you're a part of either group, and reading this, what is the organizational culture, and does that match what you want for your kids? If you're getting some of the KK trainers...would you ever allow anyone speak to your child in that manner?

Due to how it was handled last year, despite my kid getting tons of playing time and development, they are not happy with the culture that was create and might walk away. Thanks Mark. You had a good thing going.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
CJ Orlando #742219 07/02/20 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Do you want to know some facts? I will give them to you, and my facts are exactly that, FACTS!

First of all, yes Kurt has had to rebuild because the SUSA group tried their very best to destroy him. Dan talked teams into going with him AND Moussa offers all of the Atletico players free registration and anything else to get them away from KK. KK is doing just fine, thank you. No need to worry about him!

Really nice to do this to the guy (Kurt Kelley) that sponsored both Moussa and Bouba to stay in this country and work with him. Gave Moussa a car so that he could get around and treated him like a brother. Did the same for Bouba and the nasty, narcissistic Dan K. None of them is worth a hair on Kurt's ass as a person OR a trainer. KK is an honorable person and doesn't talk about anyone including bragging about himself. Believe me, I have tried to get him to write a bio and he won't.

They continue to hate him because they will never be worth a quarter of what Kurt is and they know it.

As for organization, it is true, Kurt can be unorganized but guess what folks, I am not and as long as I am there, everyone will get their answers and have been. We have worked very hard to put it all back together after Dan K. destroyed as much as he could before he left.

We really don't care what morons like you think and feel free to come in here and talk smack but the facts are the facts and when Glen has had enough, Moussa will be right back where he started. You can only lie for so long. KK is not a liar and would NEVER sell out to the likes of SUSA!

Preach! This is awesome and all true!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742220 07/02/20 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2010 coach was nuts screaming like a nut on sb athletico lol the kids weren’t sure what he was saying lol but he was screaming

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742231 07/03/20 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughters 2010 team played sb athletico last fall and it was Stoney brook athletico

They were still separate teams 1 from KK, 1 from Stony Brook. Now they are merging all the top players together in each age group.
That's not completely accurate.

At the 09/10 levels they had SB teams, and KK teams. But kids from both orgs went back and forth there was even an SB Athletico team which was a mixture of SB/Athletico kids. It created a [****] show. Many of us saw this coming when it was announced over a year ago that this was gonna be the path forward.

It pitted kids against one another by dangling the 'elite' KK teams in front of kids when their only purpose in some cases was just to fill out rosters that KK couldn't do on their own. Taking young kids who are better served learning about team building and character than to be yelled at in a thick south American accent about how they're disappointing the coach because they're not perfect at 9/10/11 yrs old.

The merging with KK does not provide much benefit but to the kids who want to play at the highest levels. It takes a town club with near 40 years of history being an integral part of the community, and turns it into just another academy concerned only with winning and chest thumping about how many kids they can send to colleges and their Got Soccer rankings, at the expense of building character in young kids and perpetuating the weeding out process before kids ever hit puberty and have a chance to develop for talent identification. It also creates monsters of parents who have kids who are early developers in the way they handle their kids and then ostracize those who might not have developed at the same pace.

It ruined the organizational culture of putting the kids first, that SB had when I first came over here. Now it's just another money making arrangement. Sad to say I'm disappointed. Ask yourselves if you're a part of either group, and reading this, what is the organizational culture, and does that match what you want for your kids? If you're getting some of the KK trainers...would you ever allow anyone speak to your child in that manner?

Due to how it was handled last year, despite my kid getting tons of playing time and development, they are not happy with the culture that was create and might walk away. Thanks Mark. You had a good thing going.

Community clubs are being eaten alive by the ‘for profits’ and combining resources with other groups to survive especially in Suffolk with SUSA.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #742233 07/03/20 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That 2010 coach was nuts screaming like a nut on sb athletico lol the kids weren’t sure what he was saying lol but he was screaming

I believe I saw that coach too. Our SB team actually played against an Athletico team and the parents and coach were just aholes. I would never, ever allow my kid to play for that coach, I don't care if that coach can get my kid a scholly or not, the lasting mental damage from being treated like that is not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!