Pussy Cat
BOTN en Español
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 40 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 39 40
Re: So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
Anonymous #740114 06/03/20 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ANyone see the protests in Merrick. More than half of the people did not have masks, including the police, and they were yelling and screaming at each other. If it doesn't spread it will be a miracle.....maybe it's a good test because if the protests don't spread it, gotta think we are good to open schools and live a normal life again.

You mean racist Merrick

extremely!! Sad actually

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #740125 06/04/20 07:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect- Herd Immunity. Let's see what next on the agenda after these protest go away. Oh wait- Corona again. Already Dr's are saying , blame the spike on racism, which the left calls the right. SMH...........

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740126 06/04/20 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Merrick racist?

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #740128 06/04/20 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly, you are wrong and PUD is correct. Surf at East Woods school, and I understand the Pat-Med club using their fields are training. Make no mistake about it, stupid is what stupid does, and these parents are being led by their pied piper trainers into what could be a very dangerous health situation.[/quote]

Engaging in a Phase 4 activity is obviously in violation of the executive order. Aside from the health risk this is cheating and sending a message to their players that winning is more important than anything and breaking rules to win is justified. They want a head start on everyone else that is the message they are also communicating. IF your business is at a risk of dying I could see business owners challenging executive orders in the courts but this business model involves CHILDREN. The youth soccer industrial complex is out of control.

The other day while social distancing I heard two Mom’s losing their minds because their sleep away summer camp cancelled on them. Another big money issue![/quote]

It doesn't cost anything for kids to train on their own. Do some running, conditioning drills, get touches on the ball, practice shooting . . . . It isn't that hard to keep in shape and ready. No need to even pay anybody!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740137 06/04/20 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any regional meeting criteria can do low risk outdoor activities and recreational activities. So yes can do soccer with limited kids and 6 feet apart

Yup.

I guess it's going to be KICK n RUN for now on

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740138 06/04/20 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not phase 4 activity

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740143 06/04/20 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANyone see the protests in Merrick. More than half of the people did not have masks, including the police, and they were yelling and screaming at each other. If it doesn't spread it will be a miracle.....maybe it's a good test because if the protests don't spread it, gotta think we are good to open schools and live a normal life again.

You mean racist Merrick

extremely!! Sad actually

Even crazier was the protest in Southampton yesterday. The same people who went ballistic because some Spanish people came out to their beaches last week and now they are the champions of human rights.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740146 06/04/20 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're the moron,the people working and minding their business did wear masks ,but 99.9999999999 % of the protesters?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740150 06/04/20 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're the moron,the people working and minding their business did wear masks ,but 99.9999999999 % of the protesters?

Man you r political and misquoted me. My original post said when I went into manhattan, 99.9999999 etc percent of the people I saw were wearing masks. Also the large majority of protestors were as well.
Even Cuomo has said it in his new conferences. Stop being a trolling trumper.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740164 06/04/20 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s play some soccer it’s time! Enough of these non sense political posts open everything and live.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740168 06/04/20 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't say anything political,you are the one with the political hang up ,Trump is slowly getting to you

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740170 06/04/20 03:38 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I didn't say anything political,you are the one with the political hang up ,Trump is slowly getting to you

Based on news reports I think it is clearly the other way around smile

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740181 06/04/20 06:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fall school season most likely will be canceled. Too many issues to worry about and not enough time to execute the plan. Staff at the schools checking athletes temperatures. Buses are going to be a main issue. Only a certain amount of people will be allowed on the bus. It will be too much work for the districts to handle and they only have 2 months to prepare. Keep in mind we are only in phase 1 right now. Who knows how long it's going to take to get to phase 4.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740192 06/04/20 09:08 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
The fall school season most likely will be canceled. Too many issues to worry about and not enough time to execute the plan. Staff at the schools checking athletes temperatures. Buses are going to be a main issue. Only a certain amount of people will be allowed on the bus. It will be too much work for the districts to handle and they only have 2 months to prepare. Keep in mind we are only in phase 1 right now. Who knows how long it's going to take to get to phase 4.

Long Island will begin Phase 1 on June 8th. The way I understand it to continue to progress through each phase you need a number of decreasing metrics for 2 weeks to go to the next phase. If all goes well and metrics keep decreasing then the earliest we could get to Phase 4 would be July 20th. If that happens then sports can begin.

If some club sport activities commence as in tournaments I would think that school sports may start in the fall.We shall see.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740193 06/04/20 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island starting phase 2 June 10 we already in phase 1, NYC in phase 0 and protesting all over thousands?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740196 06/04/20 10:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your caution and negativity but a month ago people were saying that we would be in quarantine till mid July and that is not happening. If you like it or not live is going on. Quarantine did it’s job of slowing down the spread. Now, it’s up to us till there is a vaccine late this year or 2021. If you feel trepidation about school and soccer than I would think your kids school will be able to continue remote learning till there is a vaccine. For everyone else it is clear schools re making plans for school beginning this fall along with Fall sports programs. Your issues are as much about you unwilling to accept the new world order. Parents are going to have to accept thIs new reality or wait it out. I thought as well this is crazy to think school/sports will happen this fall but I believe that it’s time to move forward or you will be stuck in the mud spinning your wheels.Time to think positive.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740198 06/04/20 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly, you are wrong and PUD is correct. Surf at East Woods school, and I understand the Pat-Med club using their fields are training. Make no mistake about it, stupid is what stupid does, and these parents are being led by their pied piper trainers into what could be a very dangerous health situation.

Engaging in a Phase 4 activity is obviously in violation of the executive order. Aside from the health risk this is cheating and sending a message to their players that winning is more important than anything and breaking rules to win is justified. They want a head start on everyone else that is the message they are also communicating. IF your business is at a risk of dying I could see business owners challenging executive orders in the courts but this business model involves CHILDREN. The youth soccer industrial complex is out of control.

The other day while social distancing I heard two Mom’s losing their minds because their sleep away summer camp cancelled on them. Another big money issue![/quote]

It doesn't cost anything for kids to train on their own. Do some running, conditioning drills, get touches on the ball, practice shooting . . . . It isn't that hard to keep in shape and ready. No need to even pay anybody![/quote]

Phase 4? Violation of Executive order? Cheating?

You do realize all the those Phase 1-4, metrics, transition periods, executive orders are very arbitrary numbers and rules hastily put together by Cuomo's crew?
Hopefully some common sense and good intentions went into writing those but very little in terms of proven science (like Cuomo always claims) and you can see now a lot of it is total nonsense at this point....

The same people were wildly off in terms of projections for number of infected people, ventilators, ICU beds, personnel required etc...

In NYC 1000s are marching - all perfectly legal, but I can't put up a tennis net to play with my daughter without risking to get a ticket. But if I don't put up a net but put a couple of trash bins in the middle - than it is totally fine - I can play as much I want - all those executive orders make such a perfect sense.

Kids themselves are not at risk and kids playing outdoors in Summer wouldn't change transmission rates in any meaningful way and it would better for them to stay active and occupied.
Again, all this is voluntary and nobody is forcing anyone to participate.

Hopefully, things will start to open in July, though I expect to sign tons of waivers....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740199 06/04/20 11:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly, you are wrong and PUD is correct. Surf at East Woods school, and I understand the Pat-Med club using their fields are training. Make no mistake about it, stupid is what stupid does, and these parents are being led by their pied piper trainers into what could be a very dangerous health situation.

The other day while social distancing I heard two Mom’s losing their minds because their sleep away summer camp cancelled on them. Another big money issue!

It doesn't cost anything for kids to train on their own. Do some running, conditioning drills, get touches on the ball, practice shooting . . . . It isn't that hard to keep in shape and ready. No need to even pay anybody![/quote]

You do realize all the those Phase 1-4, metrics, transition periods, executive orders are very arbitrary numbers and rules hastily put together by Cuomo's crew?
Hopefully some common sense and good intentions went into writing those but very little in terms of proven science (like Cuomo always claims) and you can see now a lot of it is total nonsense at this point....

The same people were wildly off in terms of projections for number of infected people, ventilators, ICU beds, personnel required etc...

In NYC 1000s are marching - all perfectly legal, but I can't put up a tennis net to play with my daughter without risking to get a ticket. But if I don't put up a net but put a couple of trash bins in the middle - than it is totally fine - I can play as much I want - all those executive orders make such a perfect sense.

Kids themselves are not at risk and kids playing outdoors in Summer wouldn't change transmission rates in any meaningful way and it would better for them to stay active and occupied.

Hopefully, things will start to open in July, though I expect to sign tons of waivers....[/quote]

Extremely well said! Life needs to move forward.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740205 06/05/20 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you telling me that most parents are capable or willing to train their kids? There is a value to a competent coach or trainer,stop talking for everyone else

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740231 06/05/20 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other day while social distancing I heard two Mom’s losing their minds because their sleep away summer camp cancelled on them. Another big money issue!

Hopefully, things will start to open in July, though I expect to sign tons of waivers....[/quote]

"Kids themselves are not at risk and kids playing outdoors in Summer wouldn't change transmission rates in any meaningful way and it would better for them to stay active and occupied.
Again, all this is voluntary and nobody is forcing anyone to participate."

WRONG, LOOK AT THE FACTS instead of your own biased wishes.

you are clearly living in a bubble. Plus the risk is the kids spread the virus to adults.

Yesterday drove by a major Li field/ complex closed by the county but the police tape blocking the entrance had been pushed to the ground and there were groups playing smail sided games aas well as hanging around right at the entrance. They think they are invincible and don't care about being spreaders. Clearly their parents did a bad job of teaching them to be respectful of others and responsible.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740233 06/05/20 12:40 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

It doesn't cost anything for kids to train on their own. Do some running, conditioning drills, get touches on the ball, practice shooting . . . . It isn't that hard to keep in shape and ready. No need to even pay anybody!

"Kids themselves are not at risk and kids playing outdoors in Summer wouldn't change transmission rates in any meaningful way and it would better for them to stay active and occupied.

you are clearly living in a bubble. Plus the risk is the kids spread the virus to adults.

Yesterday drove by a major Li field/ complex closed by the county but the police tape blocking the entrance had been pushed to the ground and there were groups playing smail sided games aas well as hanging around right at the entrance. They think they are invincible and don't care about being spreaders. Clearly their parents did a bad job of teaching them to be respectful of others and responsible.[/quote]

And what complex is that? why the secret? Is that because what you posted isnt true?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740244 06/05/20 03:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yesterday drove by a major Li field/ complex closed by the county but the police tape blocking the entrance had been pushed to the ground and there were groups playing smail sided games aas well as hanging around right at the entrance. They think they are invincible and don't care about being spreaders. Clearly their parents did a bad job of teaching them to be respectful of others and responsible.[/quote]

And what complex is that? why the secret? Is that because what you posted isnt true?[/quote]

Cedar Creek Park - every day.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740246 06/05/20 04:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the games begin we over COVID.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740249 06/05/20 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the games begin we over COVID.

Truthfully, I watch after myself and instruct my daughter how to handle herself when they get back to training. What worries me are stupid people like yourself who think this coronavirus has magically disappeared or will never happen to me. You are what worries me going forward who has no care about using common sense. We have only seen round 1 of this virus and the spike will be just as brutal if people like you continue yo live in Trump World.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740258 06/05/20 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so you will send your daughter back to school in a September?

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 40 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!