Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 02:42 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 01:09 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 12:54 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
SUSA Starting Back Up - Announces First Training for 2012 & 2013 June 15
#739994 06/02/20 03:01 PM
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA Starting Back Up - Announces First Training for 2012 & 2013 June 15
CJ Orlando #739996 06/02/20 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And where does this 9 kids come from? Perhaps there is something I have not seen???

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #739998 06/02/20 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good. Burke is a good guy. Good for the kids!

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #739999 06/02/20 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are also saying they will start training with older groups.

Larry, Is this a legal and sanctioned training? How does their insurance cover the players if something happens? Do they have permits to train? They told our team it’s completely legit. We are anxious to get back on the field, but don’t want to put our kid out on the field if they are not sanctioned to be out there.

I know a Pat/Med team already started also.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740001 06/02/20 03:38 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Larry, Is this a legal and sanctioned training? How does their insurance cover the players if something happens? Do they have permits to train? They told our team it’s completely legit. We are anxious to get back on the field, but don’t want to put our kid out on the field if they are not sanctioned to be out there.

For this particular event I'm told that SUSA has their own insurance. As far as is it legal, I don't know. I dont think they need permits to play since they are playing on Baymen Soccer Club's fields or am I missing something? Those are club fields and not school or county, or town fields? Am I correct?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740002 06/02/20 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

For this particular event I'm told that SUSA has their own insurance. As far as is it legal, I don't know. I dont think they need permits to play since they are playing on Baymen Soccer Club's fields or am I missing something? Those are club fields and not school or county, or town fields? Am I correct?
Suffolk is in phase 1, and recreational is in phase 4 which will start earliest July 22 if all goes well.
So what kind of business do they consider they are in for Phase 1 to be starting June 15?
They may say it is legit, but how?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740003 06/02/20 03:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Baymen Soccer Complex is a Town of Islip Field. So they do need a permit to use the field. Each town issues their own guidelines on field use. Fields are closed to team practices on town owned complexes right now. Based on the date given by Burke for the camp, it is a good sing that Islip and other towns may start lifting bans by end of June. Same goes for all school and county fields. All are permit driven.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740004 06/02/20 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Baymen Fields are town property. There is a dog park, where I take my dog, which I believe is part of the park complex and this is Town of Islip property.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740005 06/02/20 04:07 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Based on the 3 posts above this one, I guess they have permits.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740006 06/02/20 04:25 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
.....from Moussa

"Susa’s training date is NOT official, when it is I’ll let you know"

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740009 06/02/20 05:13 PM
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET

OK, so why the emails out to the parents of these little kids? Explain that one.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740012 06/02/20 05:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The legality is dubious. They will not have insurance through USYSA or US Club so there will be no secondary health insurance for the players and no liability insurance for the coaches through either sanctioning body. But they may have their own insurance at the club level beyond that. The 9 player limit is based on 9 players and 1 trainer to stay under the NY State demand that all gatherings be 10 people or less. But social distancing and other rules are still supposed to apply so unless these players are doing all individual drills spread out from each other, they might still be violating that. Then you have the issue of youth sports certainly not being authorized by the state at this time, it is not an essential business. I'm not sure how they are getting around that one.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740013 06/02/20 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people always start trouble for SUSA? As per our coach we will start training next week, why does that matter to anyone?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740014 06/02/20 06:03 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Why do people always start trouble for SUSA? As per our coach we will start training next week, why does that matter to anyone?

Your coach and team are? If you feel that strong and proud why not say? Afraid? Untrue?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740015 06/02/20 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your coach and team are? If you feel that strong and proud why not say? Afraid? Untrue?

Don’t want to get him in trouble if he isn’t supposed to be doing this. And afraid because he would take out on my son.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740016 06/02/20 06:32 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Don’t want to get him in trouble if he isn’t supposed to be doing this. And afraid because he would take out on my son.

If he isn't supposed to be doing it? WTF are you teaching your child and why would you even consider getting involved or putting your child in harms way? He may take it out on your son? [****] him!!

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740018 06/02/20 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf started training today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740019 06/02/20 07:15 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Correct. east Woods School. Private School that may or may not have the right to rent their fields at this time. My kid would not be out there.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740027 06/02/20 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando

OK, so why the emails out to the parents of these little kids? Explain that one.

To instill confidence so families will start forking over the $$$$$.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740030 06/02/20 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. east Woods School. Private School that may or may not have the right to rent their fields at this time. My kid would not be out there.

With the safety precautions in place, my kid would. just training to start. no games yet.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #740031 06/02/20 08:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprisingly well run, precautions taken, kids far apart, limited in numbers. More of a way to get them out there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740034 06/02/20 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The legality is dubious. They will not have insurance through USYSA or US Club so there will be no secondary health insurance for the players and no liability insurance for the coaches through either sanctioning body. But they may have their own insurance at the club level beyond that. The 9 player limit is based on 9 players and 1 trainer to stay under the NY State demand that all gatherings be 10 people or less. But social distancing and other rules are still supposed to apply so unless these players are doing all individual drills spread out from each other, they might still be violating that. Then you have the issue of youth sports certainly not being authorized by the state at this time, it is not an essential business. I'm not sure how they are getting around that one.
The 9 plus 1 trainer comes from the US Soccer Guidelines on returning to play but they must comply with State Government guidelines to when Youth Sports can begin. In NJ, youth sports is starting up on June 22 so they can essentially start with US Soccer Phase 1. 5 phases are explained here: https://www.ussoccer.com/playon/fastfacts

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740036 06/02/20 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought spring 2021 We weren’t going to play till? You people full of bs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #740037 06/02/20 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk is in phase 1, and recreational is in phase 4 which will start earliest July 22 if all goes well.
So what kind of business do they consider they are in for Phase 1 to be starting June 15?
They may say it is legit, but how?
Governor released this executive order today: "Any region that meets the prescribed public health and safety metrics as determined by the Department of Health for Phase One reopening may allow outdoor, low-risk recreational activities and businesses providing such activities, as determined by Empire State Development Corporation, to be permitted to operate, in accordance with Department of Health guidance. "
What recreational activities fall under this?

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #740038 06/02/20 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We started at SURF all you crying baby daddies..

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!