Forum Search
Latest Posts
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 05/28/20 03:20 PM
G2007:U13 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 05/28/20 03:12 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 05/28/20 03:10 PM
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 05/28/20 10:52 AM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Alycia, Cary, and Lee
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Re: SUSA Refund Letter
Anonymous #738917 05/23/20 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SUSA website list contacts for 65 teams
Average team player probably pays around $2,500
Conservative 15 players per team
That's $2.5 million dollars
10% deferred credit policy is $250,000

Let that sink in

Just wow

Just let me know who you are. I will send you a full refund if you just shut the f up already. Way to beat a dead horse.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #738935 05/23/20 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

FC SESA is thrilled with our coaching staff that has been hand picked by DOC Stephen Polimeni. This group of coaches have all advanced to college soccer and semi pro, from a Long Island youth soccer back ground. They started at a LIJSL level, advanced to a private academy and played college ball. Some have professional experience. This is the exact journey that FC SESA wants to provide each and every player. The college experience and relationships that each of these coaches brings to the table opens many doors for our players and will provide much needed guidance to all of us.

Steve will be scheduling some zoom speakers that can talk about different soccer pathways and opportunities to our parents and players. Some will address college and professional experiences and questions.

As you know, there is no training fees charged for the zoom training, as well as no fees for any speakers. FC SESA is providing any parents that paid for Spring registration a 100% credit towards the next seasons registration, tournament or whatever else comes our way. We at FC SESA are well aware of the numerous issues that our families are facing and we cannot, in good faith, take any money when people are out of work or on reduced pay jobs.

Hopefully we will get these kids back out their soon playing a game they love. Until then we only ask that everyone participates in the free virtual training and seminar meetings. These trainings are from our new coaches that are using some of their own virtual training programs that they received from colleagues and coaches at MLS, USL and college programs.

Let’s all get through these times together. We are almost there! With phase 1 of reopening, I am hopeful that we will get into some sort of outdoor training by the end of June. I know EDP has a tournament rescheduled for 4th of July weekend. I will keep everyone posted.

Joe Giordano
FC SESA

Wow! Susa, take some notes....this is a club who gives a crap about players and soccer. Looks like they care about their “family” and you can “keep loving soccer”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738938 05/23/20 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let that sink in

Just wow

Just let me know who you are. I will send you a full refund if you just shut the f up already. Way to beat a dead horse.

Far from a dead horse...this is just getting started. People are moving. They’ve had enough!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738939 05/23/20 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for a few players on the A teams going from fury to Susa the majority of the players on the girls side will be leaving in the u13 age group and up,nobody wants to drive to islip and pay 4,000 to be the b or c team nobody wants to play NPL for 3,000 and be the third team, there already scrambling cause they just lost one team and about 48,000 in training fees, there about to lose another team in the 07 age group, and parents in the younger ages who are a year or two away from the merger age are already looking at other options fury coaches promised Susa full teams and they thought wrong PR ruined the brand and this made it worse

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738941 05/23/20 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let that sink in

Just wow

😳 #SUSATHEFT

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738942 05/23/20 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

FC SESA is thrilled with our coaching staff that has been hand picked by DOC Stephen Polimeni. This group of coaches have all advanced to college soccer and semi pro, from a Long Island youth soccer back ground. They started at a LIJSL level, advanced to a private academy and played college ball. Some have professional experience. This is the exact journey that FC SESA wants to provide each and every player. The college experience and relationships that each of these coaches brings to the table opens many doors for our players and will provide much needed guidance to all of us.

Steve will be scheduling some zoom speakers that can talk about different soccer pathways and opportunities to our parents and players. Some will address college and professional experiences and questions.

As you know, there is no training fees charged for the zoom training, as well as no fees for any speakers. FC SESA is providing any parents that paid for Spring registration a 100% credit towards the next seasons registration, tournament or whatever else comes our way. We at FC SESA are well aware of the numerous issues that our families are facing and we cannot, in good faith, take any money when people are out of work or on reduced pay jobs.

Hopefully we will get these kids back out their soon playing a game they love. Until then we only ask that everyone participates in the free virtual training and seminar meetings. These trainings are from our new coaches that are using some of their own virtual training programs that they received from colleagues and coaches at MLS, USL and college programs.

Let’s all get through these times together. We are almost there! With phase 1 of reopening, I am hopeful that we will get into some sort of outdoor training by the end of June. I know EDP has a tournament rescheduled for 4th of July weekend. I will keep everyone posted.

Joe Giordano
FC SESA

Wow! Susa, take some notes....this is a club who gives a crap about players and soccer. Looks like they care about their “family” and you can “keep loving soccer”

Still a credit and not a refund. That said, 100% is still much better than 10-15%. Which are the clubs we know of again that are giving cash refunds and not credits towards registering again for the Fall? And speaking of the Fall, will be real interesting to see what Clubs do regarding payments. Usually they start asking for $ in August. What if we still have no idea if the kids will be back out there on the field in the Fall. Will clubs still be asking for $? Or maybe just a deposit to hold your spot on the team?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738948 05/23/20 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

Joe Giordano
FC SESA

Still a credit and not a refund. That said, 100% is still much better than 10-15%. Which are the clubs we know of again that are giving cash refunds and not credits towards registering again for the Fall? And speaking of the Fall, will be real interesting to see what Clubs do regarding payments. Usually they start asking for $ in August. What if we still have no idea if the kids will be back out there on the field in the Fall. Will clubs still be asking for $? Or maybe just a deposit to hold your spot on the team?

Susa apparently sent out emails to the younger teams telling them they have 48 hours to make a $500 deposit and subsequent payments of $388 a month...all non refundable. Now at this point, I would question if Susa was stupid enough to make such a demand at this period in time. After looking back on their decisions and business practices, I’m going to guess this is probably accurate. #wakeupparents

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738951 05/23/20 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Dear SUSA Families,

We hope this email finds you well. We want to provide you with an update on the spring/summer season for the 2002 teams. Based on state governments and the soccer governing bodies, the spring season looks like it will not be played and tournaments over the summer will be in jeopardy.

SUSA would to do the following for the seniors:

Offer the seniors a $300 tuition refund to all players in good financial standing. The refund will be distributed in August.
Continue to provide online and virtual workouts for players from now until they head to college.
If we can get outside, we as a staff would continue to train all players until they leave for their individual collegiate programs.
We are also working on senior gifts for all players that we would normally distribute at the team's last home game. However, during this pandemic, that does not look like a possibility so we will find alternative plans for the distribution.

We thank you for your support during this difficult time. We miss our players tremendously and cannot wait to return to play.

Please continue to stay safe. If you have any questions, please reach out to James Kelsh on the boys side and myself on the girls side.

Be well and we look forward to seeing everyone back on the field when it is safe.

JR Balzarini

Technical Director | SUSA FC | #susalife

631-343-5127

jr@susaacademy.com

Says JR Balzarini, Defrocked High School Teacher smile

JR is the hottest thing going at SUSA. He is their TOP trainer. Keys to the kingdom on the girls side. All anyone needs to know.

Keys to the kingdom? What kingdom u idiot!! He’s far from the top trainer anywhere.

Wow you can't read. Shouldn't have been hard to figure out the post was a shot at JR and SUSA... You IDIOT!! And is he is not a top trainer, why is he training their best team? G04. I'm wait for your intelligent response

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738975 05/23/20 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

Joe Giordano
FC SESA

Susa apparently sent out emails to the younger teams telling them they have 48 hours to make a $500 deposit and subsequent payments of $388 a month...all non refundable. Now at this point, I would question if Susa was stupid enough to make such a demand at this period in time. After looking back on their decisions and business practices, I’m going to guess this is probably accurate. #wakeupparents

Has this been confirmed!?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738977 05/23/20 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decisions and actions have consequences. reputations can be lost in an instant. I am shocked that smart people that were building an empire sat on a zoom call and thought that this policy would be well received. They had to have know the blowback was going to come, knew few if any would leave, and for those that do replacements would be waiting in line to back fill. Soccer is a cold, big business!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738978 05/23/20 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

Joe Giordano
FC SESA

Fake news

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738979 05/23/20 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SESA. COST ? League ? Where ?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738981 05/23/20 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake News!

#SUSASTRONG

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738982 05/23/20 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa has not sent out any emails to the younger ages I can confirm this my daughter is a 2010 fury player no emails were sent with 500 deposit that’s not true, I also have emails froM JR asking if fury prices will stay the same and he said yes there will be a registration fee paid to Alberston Sc and 8 monthly training fee payments and prices are not going up for any of the fury Nassau teams u9-u12

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738983 05/23/20 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I wonder what that very reputable, highly respected corporate sponsor of their field would think? They probably thought it was a no lose sponsorship.... youth soccer ata world class facility. No risk right?

Referencing your comment about their sponsor, Orlin & Cohen, I can state the following facts. When I broke my wrist a number of years ago it was one their doctors who did the surgery. I had a fixator (sp?) put on my wrist in stead of a cast to hold the bone in place. The doctor treating me was so bad and the office got so concerned that had the big kahuna, Orlin handle my case. I know these folks...No matter I may beak in the future that is the last place I would go for treatment. another big business only in it for the money. Might be a good marriage?

Yes, as previously stated this is brilliant from a marketing move though on O&C's part. They are not HSS but the marrriage between them and SUSA is what professional teams do with naming rights for stadiums as well as sponsorships. They re sort of creating a market. Kids get hurt playing soccer and the family may think that this huge orthopedic conglomerate ( they have multiple offices throughout LI) is being endorsed by SUSA. It can almost be a conflict. SUSA should basically say something to the effect that although O&C is a sponsor, that should not imply that O&C is the official orthopedist of SUSA and that SUSA in no way can attest to the quality of the specific doctors or services being any better or worse than those of other orthopedists or physical therapists.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738986 05/23/20 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to the SUSA email regarding a credit. I'm a SUSA parent currently out of work due to this whole pandemic. I'm sure there are a lot more SUSA parents in the same position as I'm in. I assume that most of the SUSA staffs only income is from coaching. It's unfortunate but this is reality. Alot of families are out of work, struggling to pay bills and cant put food on the table.

Then SUSA decides to take over Paul Rileys Fury teams which was a pretty penny and then has the nerve to email the families about this credit. It's an embarrassment to even announce how much of a credit families are getting when they haven't played since mid March and probably not goin to play until the spring of 2021.

So we as parents paid between 2500-$3500 for training and we only trained in January and February. So Moussa decides to issue a credit between $275-$375 per player. WHAT A DISGRACE. Then he asks if we want to donate our credit. Is he kidding. Some FAMILY SUSA is.

I'm done with SUSA. How can you justify charging 2500-$3000 for two months of training and offering a credit of a 275-$375? And if we decide to go elsewhere no refunds will be given. [****] INSULTING

SUSA should be ashamed of themselves. Screw the credit. I'm drowning in debt with not working. It's a slap in the face to every SUSA family. They dont care about the kids. That letter says it all. Take all the money you just stole from these hard hit families and retain a good attorney. Your going to need it when all these families take you to court. And they will win.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738988 05/23/20 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job SESA and so many clubs giving 100% credit
SUSA is stealing from kids playing rec soccer. No excuses.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738990 05/23/20 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any SUSA parent makes a payment to SUSA you probably dont have a brain. Dont give them a nickel. They need to do right by every SUSA family during this pandemic. Keep in mind we likely won't have a fall season but they will try and keep collecting training fees. They will suck you dry. Why because they dont care about you. It's a business for them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738992 05/23/20 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa has not sent out any emails to the younger ages I can confirm this my daughter is a 2010 fury player no emails were sent with 500 deposit that’s not true, I also have emails froM JR asking if fury prices will stay the same and he said yes there will be a registration fee paid to Alberston Sc and 8 monthly training fee payments and prices are not going up for any of the fury Nassau teams u9-u12

What are current Susa players receiving?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738993 05/23/20 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully Damianos will come back and reopen ISA in Smithtown. I hope SUSA defaults on the payments on his building. I know Larry hates him but he did right by my son for 5 or 6 years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738994 05/23/20 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to the SUSA email regarding a credit. I'm a SUSA parent currently out of work due to this whole pandemic. I'm sure there are a lot more SUSA parents in the same position as I'm in. I assume that most of the SUSA staffs only income is from coaching. It's unfortunate but this is reality. Alot of families are out of work, struggling to pay bills and cant put food on the table.

Then SUSA decides to take over Paul Rileys Fury teams which was a pretty penny and then has the nerve to email the families about this credit. It's an embarrassment to even announce how much of a credit families are getting when they haven't played since mid March and probably not goin to play until the spring of 2021.

So we as parents paid between 2500-$3500 for training and we only trained in January and February. So Moussa decides to issue a credit between $275-$375 per player. WHAT A DISGRACE. Then he asks if we want to donate our credit. Is he kidding. Some FAMILY SUSA is.

I'm done with SUSA. How can you justify charging 2500-$3000 for two months of training and offering a credit of a 275-$375? And if we decide to go elsewhere no refunds will be given. [****] INSULTING

SUSA should be ashamed of themselves. Screw the credit. I'm drowning in debt with not working. It's a slap in the face to every SUSA family. They dont care about the kids. That letter says it all. Take all the money you just stole from these hard hit families and retain a good attorney. Your going to need it when all these families take you to court. And they will win.

I’m sorry for what you are going through. What they are doing is both disgraceful and illegal. You will get your money back through court but I know it’s tough in the meantime. Be persistent....there are better things out there and hopefully the parents new to this circus will be enlightened and not make the same mistakes. All the best to you.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #738995 05/23/20 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sesa and Eastcoast samething low cost good boys teams nothing for girls

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #738999 05/23/20 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sesa and Eastcoast samething low cost good boys teams nothing for girls
What is eastcoast credit/refund policy? Did they give same as SESA with 100% back?
Playing for a club that cares is good.You have to be a certain type of person to play for a club that robs its members and now labeled for life.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #739000 05/23/20 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post with incorrect information. You paid $2500 -$3500 for the Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. So you didn’t pay the aforementioned amount and only train January and February. You trained for July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and part of March. Thus, 8.5 months out of 12 or 70%. Thus, a 30% credit should be issued assuming services rendered evenly throughout the year. So approx $700 - $1000. Instead receiving $275-$375 or 11%. Ok, so we now established that the difference we are discussing is $425 - $625 per player. This difference is likely due to the fact that SUSA invested this portion of tuition into capital improvements to make the club experience exponentially better for its membership. I understand how many are upset in these difficult times but the credit policy, when your fairly break it down, is not necessarily unfair or unreasonable. SUSA values it’s membership and it’s membership should likewise value the management that has provided your child with a great experience over the years.

#SUSASTRONG

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #739001 05/23/20 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post with incorrect information. You paid $2500 -$3500 for the Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. So you didn’t pay the aforementioned amount and only train January and February. You trained for July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and part of March. Thus, 8.5 months out of 12 or 70%. Thus, a 30% credit should be issued assuming services rendered evenly throughout the year. So approx $700 - $1000. Instead receiving $275-$375 or 11%. Ok, so we now established that the difference we are discussing is $425 - $625 per player. This difference is likely due to the fact that SUSA invested this portion of tuition into capital improvements to make the club experience exponentially better for its membership. I understand how many are upset in these difficult times but the credit policy, when your fairly break it down, is not necessarily unfair or unreasonable. SUSA values it’s membership and it’s membership should likewise value the management that has provided your child with a great experience over the years.

#SUSASTRONG

What a load of crap that is and it was written by susa. like larry always says we ar not investors and we deserve our full unused money back or a legal certificate that says we have an ownership stake in susa and the complex. this susa family slogan is total crap. like slick we are again getting conned

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!