Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/29/20 11:35 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/29/20 10:19 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/29/20 10:09 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/29/20 08:35 PM
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/29/20 07:51 AM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
US Club - local guidelines to take precedence beginning May 18
#737688 05/14/20 03:39 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
May 14, 2020

Dear members,

These past two months have been like nothing any of us has ever experienced before. The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused disruption of every aspect of our daily lives, including the organized soccer activities we all enjoy so much. Throughout this unprecedented and confusing time, we have guided our decision-making by the fundamental principle that the well-being of all of our players, staff, parents and loved ones is always our first priority. We thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation.

Removal of national suspension of activities on May 18:

We recognize that different parts of our country have been affected to a different degree by the impact of COVID-19. Therefore, we are lifting our national suspension of activities and delegating return-to-play decision making to our local members, effective May 18.

To be clear, this decision by no means is a blanket permission to return to the fields. Each member is expected to strictly follow state and local guidelines for the resumption of play. PLEASE NOTE: OUR INSURANCE IS ONLY IN EFFECT IF YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE CONSISTENT WITH LOCAL HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES.

Please also note that any organized activities by our member leagues, clubs or teams require that players and staff have current 2019-20 pass cards in order to qualify for insurance coverage.

Return-to-play resources:

Members must abide by the requirements/guidelines established by their state and local public health authorities. Beyond that, here are some other resources to consider when planning for a return to play:

CDC's "Guidance for Where You Live, Work, Learn, Pray and Play"
U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee's "Guidance for Return to Training and Sport Event Planning"
U.S. Soccer's return-to-play resources forthcoming and will shared on usclubsoccer.org/coronavirus

Summer 2020 events:

Last week, we officially canceled our 2020 National Cup series, including all of our regional events and all our summer championship events. Prior to that announcement, we had canceled the ENPL National Playoffs and Finals, Girls NPL Finals and National Cup XIX Finals. You can read those Member Updates: here for the National Cup Regionals decision and here for the championships decision. We regret that we had to make those decisions, and we look forward to resuming those activities in 2021.

The cancelations were made in consideration of not only health and safety, but also in an effort to allow leagues around the country to potentially complete their spring seasons by extending into the summer. We hope that most of our members are able to safely resume play over the next several months.

US Club Soccer's coronavirus web page:

If you haven't yet visited usclubsoccer.org/coronavirus, we encourage you to do so. You’ll find consolidated information about the impact on our programming, as well as helpful information related to employment, the federal stimulus bill, CDC guidelines and safety requirements for virtual training sessions.

This time in which we find ourselves is an extraordinary one, and it has produced an extraordinary response from people all across the world. We have all come to recognize the everyday heroes who are part of our lives every day: our health care workers, police, fire, and ambulance personnel, and those who care for the elderly, of course, come immediately to mind. But think of the others we don't usually consider heroic: grocery store workers, freight haulers, farmers, food processors, mail carriers, garbage collectors, and many others who show up and do their job every day, even when that puts them at risk. Perhaps the silver lining in this long dark cloud will be a greater appreciation of those who everyday work on behalf of all of us.

US Club Soccer made a commitment to Player Health and Safety as part of our Players First promise long before COVID-19 changed our world. We're proud that is our commitment now, and that will be our commitment always.

We're all in this together!

Sincerely,

Kevin Payne
CEO/Executive Director

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: US Club - local guidelines to take precedence beginning May 18
Larry Miller #737690 05/14/20 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically they drop the burden on the parents side. What do you think will happen ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737691 05/14/20 03:46 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So basically they drop the burden on the parents side. What do you think will happen ?

I expect the leagues and training companies to be wide open and town clubs more conservative.

Also, my thoughts are there are parents in the majority that will be out there faster than a New York minute!!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737693 05/14/20 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuomo is holding us hostage

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737694 05/14/20 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I expect the leagues and training companies to be wide open and town clubs more conservative.

Also, my thoughts are there are parents in the majority that will be out there faster than a New York minute!!!

I agree. Parents (most) will be quick to return as long there is some sensibility in the trainings which you can do in soccer, but I am not sure games will return until hopefully the fall. This stinks, but hopefully I am wrong. There does seem to be a Covid-19 decline nationally, so fingers crossed that a month from cases will be minimal.

It is a tough time for kids of recruiting age. They are suppose to have showcases, etc right now and cannot do any of it. It’s a real shame.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737695 05/14/20 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Also teams who depend on public spaces for training, school fields, town parks, etc. will be at the mercy of public administration. Academies with privately owned fields are in a better position to get going quickly

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737696 05/14/20 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im ready. LFGO! If you’re sick or elderly continue to shelter in place. It’s time for the rest of us to resume our lives. If you’re not comfortable doing so, feel free to stay home.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737697 05/14/20 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our local government is no where near of resuming. Maybe in Idaho but not in our metropolitan area. Without sanctioning how can you risk playing an event? The litigation will pile up once someone gets sick. Would you drive a car without insurance?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737698 05/14/20 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree let these kids get out

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737700 05/14/20 04:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck finding space to play. Most if not all Towns and Schools have closed all fields until end of August at a minimum. ENYYSA said while there is player insurance from player passes obtained in the spring, if teams go out and train and/or play there will be no secondary coverage should someone contract COVID-19. And for the record, I have family in nursing. If you think only the sick or elderly are the only ones getting sick and dying from this [****] you're a complete a**hole. My sisters see people in their 30s, 40's and 50's who were normally healthy dying. Ever see a person on a ventilator for weeks? Now we are seeing kids developing a Kawasaki type syndrome from this and getting very sick with some dying. I want to get out there as much as anyone but I won't risk my families health or your families health over sports. Are you willing to kill someone out of ignorance?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737701 05/14/20 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just have bad data. PS, anecdotal evidence is always the worst.

Here are some facts from the NYT "In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

Of all fatal cases in New York state, two-thirds were in patients over 70 years of age; more than 95 percent were over 50 years of age; and about 90 percent of all fatal cases had an underlying illness. Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19."

Please show me any evidence of "Most if not all Towns and Schools have closed all fields until end of August at a minimum." You are just making it up as you babble.

Feel free to stay home. I wouldnt coerce anyone who wanted to stay home. But look at the REAL data and dont be fueled by the media fear. There are like 80 some cases in the entire country of this Kawasaki type illness. It still hasnt been definitively connected to Covid 19 and you want to throw that in the fear pot too? Sheesh, where will the fear end.

The irony is you claiming someone else is "ignorant". The hubris and delusions....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737702 05/14/20 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sign a release from litigation. Most likely the way it will trend. Play at your own risk!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737703 05/14/20 05:44 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
"Please show me any evidence of "Most if not all Towns and Schools have closed all fields until end of August at a minimum." You are just making it up as you babble."

Blah blah blah...show us the evidence where it won't be? Another yankle who thinks he knows something. No, I didn't miss you were anonymous and smart to stay that way. You think the schools will open their fields before August? How about they wont open their fields and facilities to youth sports after August.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737705 05/14/20 05:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s plenty of private facilities they can at least practice at

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737709 05/14/20 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just have bad data. PS, anecdotal evidence is always the worst.

Here are some facts from the NYT "In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

Of all fatal cases in New York state, two-thirds were in patients over 70 years of age; more than 95 percent were over 50 years of age; and about 90 percent of all fatal cases had an underlying illness. Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19."

Please show me any evidence of "Most if not all Towns and Schools have closed all fields until end of August at a minimum." You are just making it up as you babble.

Feel free to stay home. I wouldnt coerce anyone who wanted to stay home. But look at the REAL data and dont be fueled by the media fear. There are like 80 some cases in the entire country of this Kawasaki type illness. It still hasnt been definitively connected to Covid 19 and you want to throw that in the fear pot too? Sheesh, where will the fear end.

The irony is you claiming someone else is "ignorant". The hubris and delusions....

Here is another fact straight from the CDC:
2017, there were 4517 flu/pneumonia deaths. This is the number for the whole year.
2020, as of yesterday there have been 27,617 Covid deaths in NY State.
This is an unprecedented event in our lifetime. This is not fabricated information. It’s real, it’s here, it’s not likely to go away. It would be wise to err on the side of caution.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737710 05/14/20 06:38 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
There’s plenty of private facilities they can at least practice at

Indoor would be nuts, especially in the Summer, so what private outdoor facilities do you suggest?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737711 05/14/20 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of those 27,000 were over 80 in a nursing home stop the non sense

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737714 05/14/20 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa facilites (private), Met Oval (private), Holy Trinity (private), St. Anthony's (private), Hofstra (private), Molloy (private) and many others.... Why do they have to be private? Eisenhower Park, Cantiague Park, Brennan, Mitchel, dozens of other fields.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737715 05/14/20 07:24 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Susa facilites (private), Met Oval (private), Holy Trinity (private), St. Anthony's (private), Hofstra (private), Molloy (private) and many others.... Why do they have to be private? Eisenhower Park, Cantiague Park, Brennan, Mitchel, dozens of other fields.

Sorry, no sale. Those schools are not going to allow you on their fields, and the county may not open the parks to you darling soccer player and his/her team.

I will go with SUSA and Met Oval....but if you're not a SUSA team or MO team then what? The obtuse thinking and mind-set of too many of you or probably a very small minority with pea brains think that their spawn needs to out playing soccer for the scholarship they wont get is sad, and comical at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737717 05/14/20 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" "In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

From Yahoo today re Corona "children have “done” better than adults overall: Confirmed COVID-19 cases among minors are uncommon (2 percent of the U.S. total) and significantly less likely to be severe. As of May 6, there were 10 deaths in children 14 and younger and 48 deaths in those between the ages of 15 and 24 — though some early research suggests that asymptomatic coronavirus infections might be more prevalent among children than the confirmed case count would indicate."

I dont know this for a fact, but Id wager a supermajority if not all of those who passed away had a co-morbidity (diabetes, asthma, cancer, etc.).

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #737720 05/14/20 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, no sale. Those schools are not going to allow you on their fields, and the county may not open the parks to you darling soccer player and his/her team.

I will go with SUSA and Met Oval....but if you're not a SUSA team or MO team then what? The obtuse thinking and mind-set of too many of you or probably a very small minority with pea brains think that their spawn needs to out playing soccer for the scholarship they wont get is sad, and comical at the same time.

110% right Larry. What school is going to take the chance that one kid gets infected? Maybe in the Fall if the number of players are limited and there's no scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737723 05/14/20 08:02 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

110% right Larry. What school is going to take the chance that one kid gets infected? Maybe in the Fall if the number of players are limited and there's no scrimmages.

Schools have to protect the students. Does anyone think after the school day ends it will be open house? My thoughts are as soon as the school day ends, assuming the kids and teachers are back in class, the custodian team will be scrubbing their balls off that the school is sanitized for the next day.

We seem to have some macho right-wingers here thinking what they are hearing from their fearless leader that this will all go away like a miracle and everything will be just as it was. Ya gotta luv a FAIRY tale.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737724 05/14/20 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As of May 12 there were 2745 confirmed deaths in NY nursing homes. With another 2636 presumed nursing home deaths giving us a total of 5381 nursing home Covid deaths. So only 20 percent of the deaths were nursing home patients. I don’t have access to the number of flu/pneumonia related deaths in nursing homes from 2017 so can’t compare.

If you want to keep doing math, I can do the math all day. But the real question is, do you have a mind for simple equations under your MAGA hat?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737725 05/14/20 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHere did you read that in their release?

ANyway the responsibility of each person is with themself. We all have a responsibility to protect ourselves. We have some very ignorant people who want to defy the orders and run out and go back to life as normal. That should not happen. Things need to be different and each person needs to be responsible for themselves. Wear masks when in situations that you can. Wash and keep yourself and your stuff clean and separate. STay apart and social distance as much as possible. DO all you can to keep yourself safe. But we need to start opening things up slowly and returning to some activity. Soccer is really secondary, but getting kids back to school and people back to work is important. If we stay shuttered in we might save a few thousand people from the virus and then we'll have 100 million people who cannot feed themselves. We could change the way america exists because we want to protect people from a virus. ANd in doing so we may be destroying a country and in the end lose a helluva lot more people due to the conditions we created.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #737735 05/14/20 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHere did you read that in their release?

ANyway the responsibility of each person is with themself. We all have a responsibility to protect ourselves. We have some very ignorant people who want to defy the orders and run out and go back to life as normal. That should not happen. Things need to be different and each person needs to be responsible for themselves. Wear masks when in situations that you can. Wash and keep yourself and your stuff clean and separate. STay apart and social distance as much as possible. DO all you can to keep yourself safe. But we need to start opening things up slowly and returning to some activity. Soccer is really secondary, but getting kids back to school and people back to work is important. If we stay shuttered in we might save a few thousand people from the virus and then we'll have 100 million people who cannot feed themselves. We could change the way america exists because we want to protect people from a virus. ANd in doing so we may be destroying a country and in the end lose a helluva lot more people due to the conditions we created.

Well said!!! I’m doing a slow clap for you in my living room right now. Thank you for your well thought sensible opinion. smile

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!