In consideration of the health and safety of all involved, US Club Soccer has canceled all National Cup XIX Regionals this summer. The decision is a result of the lingering impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and was made to help our members better plan for local league programming and tryouts in the future.
As communicated previously, we were open to the prospect of hosting a particular National Cup XIX Regional if it was safe to do so. We hoped these events could be an outlet for clubs returning to the field, where they have a local event to play together in a celebratory return-to-play environment. However, it has become apparent that the possibility of hosting has diminished. In making this decision now, we hope our members can better plan for their future – whether that’s this summer or the 2020-21 season.
Registered teams will receive a full refund, and US Club Soccer will communicate directly with those teams. If those teams had already booked hotels, our travel partner Tournament Housing Services (THS) will cancel all bookings and void contracts. No actions from teams are required.
We hope as clubs begin preparing to return to the fields, that you continue to take every safety precaution – both for preventing the spread of coronavirus and for players at a greater risk of injury due to the prolonged shutdown. We look forward to celebrating the 20th anniversary of the National Cup with you next summer.