Forum Search
Latest Posts
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 06/04/20 04:03 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/04/20 03:57 PM
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Larry Miller - 06/04/20 03:38 PM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/04/20 03:13 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Sea Nettles
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New York Soccer Club Tryouts
#736539 04/30/20 06:35 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: New York Soccer Club Announced as Member of New Girls Academy
Larry Miller #736540 04/30/20 07:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they do a 10 month season along with HS ball?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #736541 04/30/20 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anticipated travel and costs- anyone have any idea?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #736546 05/01/20 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be playing in the new GA in the NE Conference (can't speak for other conferences)-travel will be much less than ECNL. NY, CT, NH, and NJ, and in most cases a 1 game weekend format, so less need for hotel stays. U-14, were my daughter plays, will have a 20 game season with 4 cup games and 6 regional events. H.S age groups 18 game format with 4 cup games regional events and 6-8 National events.-This is not in stone especially for the coming season as we all no why.

Sat in on a team conference zoom meeting-this new GA from a parent/player perspective is very exciting-less travel, superior player development, player accountability on/off field, and a great format for regional and national exposure. And most important the life and leadership initiatives the GA will make the mainstay of their programs.

All I can say is the GA club on LI from a player development perspective on/off the field is superior to anything currently available.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #736548 05/01/20 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter will be playing in the new GA in the NE Conference (can't speak for other conferences)-travel will be much less than ECNL. NY, CT, NH, and NJ, and in most cases a 1 game weekend format, so less need for hotel stays. U-14, were my daughter plays, will have a 20 game season with 4 cup games and 6 regional events. H.S age groups 18 game format with 4 cup games regional events and 6-8 National events.-This is not in stone especially for the coming season as we all no why.

Sat in on a team conference zoom meeting-this new GA from a parent/player perspective is very exciting-less travel, superior player development, player accountability on/off field, and a great format for regional and national exposure. And most important the life and leadership initiatives the GA will make the mainstay of their programs.

All I can say is the GA club on LI from a player development perspective on/off the field is superior to anything currently available.

Exactly what we heard for the last 3 years about the failed GDA...

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #736549 05/01/20 08:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H.S. ball-I can only talk for the club my daughter will be playing on- one option we were told was the club would reach out to the individual H.S. program your daughter decided to play H.S. ball at, and attempt to first come to a happy medium.

For example: the club would look to try and get your daughter released from H.S. practice 2x per week so she would only train with the GA club that day/night. This way your daughter has less risk of overuse injuries.

If not the club will look to restructure practice for the girls who play H.S., again to limit injury.

Costs: were told to maybe expect a slight increase in tuition (but still cheaper than a SUSA), but locally my club is securing corporate sponsors with the GA as a whole in the process of securing National sponsors to offset costs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #736555 05/01/20 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H.S. ball-I can only talk for the club my daughter will be playing on- one option we were told was the club would reach out to the individual H.S. program your daughter decided to play H.S. ball at, and attempt to first come to a happy medium.

For example: the club would look to try and get your daughter released from H.S. practice 2x per week so she would only train with the GA club that day/night. This way your daughter has less risk of overuse injuries.

If not the club will look to restructure practice for the girls who play H.S., again to limit injury.

Costs: were told to maybe expect a slight increase in tuition (but still cheaper than a SUSA), but locally my club is securing corporate sponsors with the GA as a whole in the process of securing National sponsors to offset costs.

LOL, HS teams play 2 games a week and practice the other 3 and maybe a weekend one thrown in their here & there. So GAL clubs think that HS coaches are going to be A-OK with players showing up to 1 practice a week? I've seen players not start because they missed practice for NT call-ups, but you think those rules won't apply because your kid is playing in GAL??? I can't with you people...
Don't forget to factor in the mandatory NYSPHSAA practice requirements. There is a reason ALL leagues suspend club play during HS season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #736558 05/01/20 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weird considering they removed "Development" from their moniker, but OK

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderated by  Larry Miller 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!