Forum Search
Latest Posts
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 06/03/20 07:34 AM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 09:32 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Argent All Together Now
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
Anonymous #734538 03/16/20 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They just added photos to social media, SUSA home is definitely coming along.

https://www.facebook.com/susaacademy/photos/a.655433334578793/2541554705966637/?type=3&theater

photo from someone posting on FB. definately without question work is being done. photo was taken saturday at about 4:30.

From a construction standpoint, I have some questions:

1) how long has it been sitting like this?
2) Where are the machines and heavy equipment?
3) Looks like a small foundation is all framed out and ready for concrete pour. But why are the machines not there for the backfilling? If they pour it today, they would be able to backfill the foundation in 3-5 days after concrete cures (but no machines) they were pulled out.
4) why no gravel being installed for the fields? You would think it would be delivered and stockpiled at least waiting to be spread.

That's picture only covers about a quarter of the facility. There is equipment in other parts. They have made a lot of progress in the last few months.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #734542 03/16/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they have a lot of work to do!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734553 03/16/20 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they are doing something but I'd wager you won't see a ball kicked on a new turf field until fall of 2020. That's not all that far off in the scheme of things. Good for them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734555 03/16/20 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they are doing something but I'd wager you won't see a ball kicked on a new turf field until fall of 2020. That's not all that far off in the scheme of things. Good for them.

chief rocker has made assurances that fields will be ready this spring. Hopefully he is right. (even Nostradamus will be right someday).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734557 03/16/20 04:52 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

chief rocker has made assurances that fields will be ready this spring. Hopefully he is right. (even Nostradamus will be right someday).

Te Chief Rocker, me, has passed on info from the source...the Chief also thinks the Spring Season is not going to happen....

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734576 03/17/20 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fields will be a welcome sight when the kids return next season. A positive to look forward to from these treacherous waters we are in....

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734586 03/17/20 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Te Chief Rocker, me, has passed on info from the source...the Chief also thinks the Spring Season is not going to happen....

Chief...that is neither here nor there....if the fields get built prior to September 22 (i think the official start of Fall) i will owe you an apology as you gave us an assurance. (see your post #733228)... fair enough?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734588 03/17/20 01:22 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Chief...that is neither here nor there....if the fields get built prior to September 22 (i think the official start of Fall) i will owe you an apology as you gave us an assurance. (see your post #733228)... fair enough?

I dont need an apology. The date I gave came from SUSA. I am just the parrot with this info, so forget the apology and just send crackers.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734590 03/17/20 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do not go back on your word...you gave an assurance....I hope the word HONOR still has the same meaning today as it did in the past.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734592 03/17/20 02:28 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
do not go back on your word...you gave an assurance....I hope the word HONOR still has the same meaning today as it did in the past.

I dont think you have both oars in the water. Honor this, Mac!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734604 03/17/20 07:23 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
BOTN was told today that SUSA plans to host two, maybe three tournaments at their outdoor complex in calendar year 2020.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734606 03/17/20 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTN was told today that SUSA plans to host two, maybe three tournaments at their outdoor complex in calendar year 2020.

I hate to break SUSA's bubble, or any other clubs ambition to host a significant tournament on the island. No one wants to come here. To much traffic and the cost to get here is very prohibitive. Add to the fact that there are limited hotel options near the complex, you'll end up with a very nice local event, not the national event they are they are hoping for. It's a shame, because the facility, once built will be worthy of such events.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734617 03/17/20 11:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are wrong. We travel all the time , Va - NJ - Fla and it’s expensive and the hotels are far from the fields. We have plenty of hotels from rt 110 to rt 112. All close enough. You just hate the fact the SUSA will shine. Get over it , it’s here !!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734618 03/18/20 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they host a tournament it will be a small one but still a tournament. Maybe invitation to other top level teams. Who knows but good luck and it's great to see a club be able to do something like this.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734619 03/18/20 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hate to break SUSA's bubble, or any other clubs ambition to host a significant tournament on the island. No one wants to come here. To much traffic and the cost to get here is very prohibitive. Add to the fact that there are limited hotel options near the complex, you'll end up with a very nice local event, not the national event they are they are hoping for. It's a shame, because the facility, once built will be worthy of such events.

It's less than 10 minutes away from all the hotels by MacArthur airport. Really, if you are going to make things up you need to come up with more plausible complaints.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734620 03/18/20 08:57 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
If they host a tournament it will be a small one but still a tournament. Maybe invitation to other top level teams. Who knows but good luck and it's great to see a club be able to do something like this.

Based on what I discussed it won't be a small tournament.....I really believe all the non-wishers have polluted the understanding of what is to come.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734625 03/18/20 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is 2 Hotels right across the street

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734633 03/18/20 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any bets on whether high $$$$ teams like SUSA or BARCA will be issuing partial refunds based on the fact there will more then likely not be a Spring Season this year???

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #734634 03/18/20 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what I discussed it won't be a small tournament.....I really believe all the non-wishers have polluted the understanding of what is to come.

If you are using multiple fields beyond the new complex then the tournament could be bigger but if they only will use the new complex there aren't enough fields to host something large in one weekend. And the original post was not meant as any slight to SUSA as they are building something and have plans to do something. I think you misread and or misunderstood the message Larry.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #734638 03/18/20 02:48 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

If you are using multiple fields beyond the new complex then the tournament could be bigger but if they only will use the new complex there aren't enough fields to host something large in one weekend. And the original post was not meant as any slight to SUSA as they are building something and have plans to do something. I think you misread and or misunderstood the message Larry.

I am not in position to fully discuss my conversation with SUSA, What I will say is so far none of have the information I have. My information is directly from the source so I dont believe I am being jerked around. All of you have opinions which you are entitled to, but clearly none of you are in the loop. Just be patient a little longer as I'm told 2 and maybe 3 tournaments will happen this year. Starting out with a mega tournament would not be smart so if they are going to happen that will be in 2021.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735119 04/09/20 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This delay helping SUSA or hurting them ?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735122 04/10/20 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delay is hurting everyone. There will be declines in enrollment across the board at both academies and town programs. At academies if kids don't return weaker kids will be used to fill out rosters and they are basically walk on teams already! Families will have money issues. Many will be concerned about health safety. Many fringe families will realize that they did just fine without soccer and can do without the commitment and the cost.

I'm sure susa isn't as worried about their capital expansion program as they are about enrollment

Like Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
Anonymous #735201 04/12/20 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree and think town teams will benefit from this because financially it make sense. Big academy's have big overhead and unfortunately they will feel this the most.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735205 04/12/20 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son doesn’t play for SUSA yet , even if he doesn’t I want this complex to be complete
Please bring big tournaments to LI and better opportunities for our kids ...
I’m all for the complex to be complete...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735263 04/14/20 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet ?? What makes you think he can. ??

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25