Forum Search
Latest Posts
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 06/03/20 07:13 AM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 09:32 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
BOTN on the MSG Marquee @ LIRR Penn Station Entrance
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Re: So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
Larry Miller #735028 04/05/20 05:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs are charging nothing through this problem and sending out virtual training, homework and weekly zoom meetings. Sad that albertson is even charging half to these poor parents. Are their videos any better?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #735034 04/06/20 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs aren’t charging ?? Not what I was told LISC em Susa still charging is this right or wrong ????

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735036 04/06/20 10:00 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
While it is still a bit too early to call, it is my opinion that the ban on sanctioned youth sports will continue and affect tournaments into July, and the traditional June tryouts season will not be able to be held as I dont see field and park permits being issued.

Your thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735037 04/06/20 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
While it is still a bit too early to call, it is my opinion that the ban on sanctioned youth sports will continue and affect tournaments into July, and the traditional June tryouts season will not be able to be held as I dont see field and park permits being issued.

Your thoughts?

No soccer until earliest (June) but most likely July. Do you think it’s right for clubs to continue taking payment when they are not providing the service we signed up for?

Barca is still charging and I hear so is EM, SUSA, Albertson as well. What exactly are they charging for? Soccer Academies have always been a money grab, but this just really shows what matters to them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735038 04/06/20 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't imagine most schools releasing the fields back to the clubs until months after the "all clear" is given. That not only is going to kill the spring season but even endangers the fall season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735039 04/06/20 10:41 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What clubs aren’t charging ?? Not what I was told LISC em Susa still charging is this right or wrong ????

BOTN: CONFIRMED SUSA HAS STOPPED ALL PAYMENTS

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735040 04/06/20 10:42 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Your thoughts?

No soccer until earliest (June) but most likely July. Do you think it’s right for clubs to continue taking payment when they are not providing the service we signed up for?

Barca is still charging and I hear so is EM, SUSA, Albertson as well. What exactly are they charging for? Soccer Academies have always been a money grab, but this just really shows what matters to them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735041 04/06/20 10:44 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

BOTN: CONFIRMED LIRR & LISC HAVE STOPPED ALL PAYMENTS

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735042 04/06/20 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

I think both counties will follow the lead of Governor Cuomo and will stay closed till he makes a recommendation based on all the data he gets from the medical community. The April 30th date will be a critical point of seeing where the apex curve is on LI which has continued to increase as of yesterday. If by mid May there is data showing the virus has come down then I can see him taking the concerns of the virus continuing to spread vs. the mental well being of everyone getting outside and getting back to a certain level of normalcy. You can see the physical and mental toll this is starting to have on everyone and it’s only the first week of April. I can see a return earlier than July. No one knows anything for certain but that is my thoughts

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735045 04/06/20 11:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Have you heard about East Meadow?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735046 04/06/20 11:22 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Thank you. Have you heard about East Meadow?

They were contacted 3 times and did not respond. Read into it what you want. It appears they have contracts with their trainers, at least some so they may be obligated to pay and to also collect from parents.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735047 04/06/20 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, i'm glad my son's team is totally free !! God bless his coach for what he has done for us.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735049 04/06/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Larry Miller][quote=Anonymous]What clubs aren’t charging ?? Not what I was told LISC em Susa still charging is this right or wrong ????

"It appears they have contracts with their trainers, at least some so they may be obligated to pay and to also collect from parents.

That should be irrelevant to the parents. Legally, it's irrelevant. That is an obligation that the company has, not the parents. The company assumed that risk, not the parents. The parents are not receiving a benefit for their $$. That is why company's have insurance. IF they didnt properly insure, that's their problem, not the parents.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735050 04/06/20 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last payment under the Susa contract was for early March. So, they’ve collected all monies for the season. Are they prorating it and refunding parents money for the time that they did not get training? Players trained in the late fall and over the winter So It would makes sense that that money would stay with Susa. So they are refunding for the last remaining months?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735052 04/06/20 02:40 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
The last payment under the Susa contract was for early March. So, they’ve collected all monies for the season. Are they prorating it and refunding parents money for the time that they did not get training? Players trained in the late fall and over the winter So It would makes sense that that money would stay with Susa. So they are refunding for the last remaining months?

FROM SUSA:

No we have not collected everything as families are on payment plan until May. The last official payment was in March but families were afforded time to pay throughout the spring.

We believe until a return-to-play date is established, and leagues agree on what will happen with the spring season, discussion of refunds and credits is premature. We will always do right by our membership as always and offer more than any club in the tristate area when we get back to normalcy. Our families have that trust in us and our coaches are all working remotely and keeping in touch with their teams and their individual at home workouts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735053 04/06/20 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd guess spring 2021. Everyone in this country is going to be exposed to the virus eventually, it's only a matter of when. At the current rate most of the country will be exposed by september/october. And then you will need 2 to 3 months after that for the virus to take it's course for the last exposed.

You again? Move to Mars already bubble boy. The northeast will peak in the next month or so. It will be nonexistent here in the summer. Fall school and sports will be fine God willing.

Why would it be nonexistent in the summer if there are currently many cases in the tropics and Southern Hemisphere?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735054 04/06/20 04:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone is stressed,people should talk for themselves,most are coping ok with the situation

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735055 04/06/20 05:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd guess spring 2021. Everyone in this country is going to be exposed to the virus eventually, it's only a matter of when. At the current rate most of the country will be exposed by september/october. And then you will need 2 to 3 months after that for the virus to take it's course for the last exposed.

You again? Move to Mars already bubble boy. The northeast will peak in the next month or so. It will be nonexistent here in the summer. Fall school and sports will be fine God willing.

Why would it be nonexistent in the summer if there are currently many cases in the tropics and Southern Hemisphere?

It will be non-existent this summer? You have no clue nor understanding of this virus and it’s ramifications going forward. Until there is a vaccine this virus will be coming back in different stages. If you listen to the experts they expect a lull with Stage 2 picking up again in the Fall. The difference next time will be the preparation to deal with this virus with gain a lull then Stage 3 of the virus returning again for a third time before a vaccine will come in 12-18 months. This virus is not disappearing anytime soon. These re the facts!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735056 04/06/20 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be non-existent this summer? You have no clue nor understanding of this virus and it’s ramifications going forward. Until there is a vaccine this virus will be coming back in different stages. If you listen to the experts they expect a lull with Stage 2 picking up again in the Fall. The difference next time will be the preparation to deal with this virus with gain a lull then Stage 3 of the virus returning again for a third time before a vaccine will come in 12-18 months. This virus is not disappearing anytime soon. These re the facts!

All virus's have trouble living outside the body in hot and humid climates. This doesn't make the virus's non-existent there, but it is certainly cuts down on it's ability to be transmitted. So expect the numbers to go down this summer before rising again in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735057 04/06/20 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All virus's have trouble living outside the body in hot and humid climates. This doesn't make the virus's non-existent there, but it is certainly cuts down on it's ability to be transmitted. So expect the numbers to go down this summer before rising again in the fall.

Didn’t President Trump say a month ago that this virus would simply disappear in April when the weather gets warmer......... This virus will continue to transmit regardless of the weather. The medical community is a little smarter than lay persons and they will use there data and research of how this virus is contained in other. Or tries now that the apex has been met to decide what is best for us. There are 9 states that refuse to acknowledge this pandemic and that could become part of the problem for this area to have a lull especially the Hamptons which will be overrun with people from all over the country coming here.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735058 04/06/20 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only chance I feel is if schools return and day and sleep away camps open up. If not then no soccer until spring 2021.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735059 04/06/20 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry,

That means Susa are still collecting payments. You posted earlier you confirmed they were not. So am I understanding they still are?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735060 04/06/20 09:58 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry,

That means Susa are still collecting payments. You posted earlier you confirmed they were not. So am I understanding they still are?

I'm not sure you are reading what was sent to me correctly, but let me ask, are you a SUSA parent? If you are then you can easily find the answer and if you aren't then why do you care and why do you question? What is your agenda?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #735061 04/07/20 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fauci said we won't be back to normal until there is a vaccine. I know soccer is a very small part of all this but it doesn't sound good tp restart

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #735062 04/07/20 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fauci said we won't be back to normal until there is a vaccine. I know soccer is a very small part of all this but it doesn't sound good tp restart

Yes, people are missing that. The elderly and health impaired people that have been keeping themselves locked away in their homes this past month are going to be just at just as much at risk for contracting covid-19 even after we are on the downside of the curve. And will continue to be defenseless until some sort of medication is developed that gives them at least a fighting chance at avoiding contracting this virus. Society won't be fully open or normal for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!