Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 10:29 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 09:54 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 09:52 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 09:39 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 09:07 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
#734735 03/21/20 10:06 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
At the time of this writing USYSA/ENY/LIJSL are looking at April 25, and the MLS on May 10. In our user poll below BOTN is interested in when do you think we will be getting back outside to play? There are 3 separate polls so you need to vote for each if you want to see your vote across all 3 polls.....

I think games will start up again on...
single choice
April 25, 2020 (9%, 36 Votes)
June 1, 2020 (19%, 76 Votes)
Summer 2020 (14%, 55 Votes)
Fall 2020 (49%, 197 Votes)
Spring 221 (9%, 36 Votes)
Total Votes: 400
Voting on this poll ends: 09/23/20 01:17 AM
Do you think that club/academy monthly payments should......
single choice
cease until we're back? (83%, 199 Votes)
continue as agreed? (17%, 40 Votes)
Total Votes: 239
Do you think that the schools will limit field use after we can start playing again?
single choice
Yes (65%, 187 Votes)
No (35%, 102 Votes)
Total Votes: 289
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
Larry Miller #734759 03/22/20 10:20 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
We’ve taken enough votes to see a trend and take the temperature of the community. I think it all three poles we are the majority rules are all realistic and valid. TBD.

Larry Miller #734767 03/23/20 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The virus hasn't even hit us at its peak yet. It will be months before anything starts to turn around. The spring season is done. The best thing to do is have kids run and touch a ball on their own. Stay away from training in groups. Your stupid if you can't keep social distancing.

1 member likes this: Coach_Sanchez
Larry Miller #734769 03/23/20 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs that charge monthly training fees should suspend all fees until we get back on the field. Families are going through some tough times right now and there's no definite answer when things will get back to normal. I understand coaches are not getting paid but we have families out of work as well.

I heard Albertson and Paul Riley are coming out with a 2 million dollar stimulus package to help Long Island soccer parents.

Anonymous #734770 03/23/20 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGREE!

Anonymous #734774 03/23/20 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clubs that charge monthly training fees should suspend all fees until we get back on the field. Families are going through some tough times right now and there's no definite answer when things will get back to normal. I understand coaches are not getting paid but we have families out of work as well.

I heard Albertson and Paul Riley are coming out with a 2 million dollar stimulus package to help Long Island soccer parents.

You heard it from Who Paul The thing is you have to sign up and play at FC Fury and or Albuttson for that Stimulus Package

Anonymous #734776 03/23/20 12:27 PM
S
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
S

So far I have only seen Auburndale suspend fees.

Many people will be out of work there is probably a different fee structure looming in the pay to play soccer world.

Hopefully all of these brilliant parents that think they can coach from the sidelines will step up to volunteer to coach.

We will all save a lot of money if we went back to volunteers, maybe have an actual curriculum by some paid DOC's

Sundevil94 #734785 03/23/20 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel at best that the Fall season is when it may start up again.

People are underestimating this as it is only starting to ramp up. It will be mid April by the time this "maybe" peaks and it will probably stay a such for multiple weeks/months afterward.

Further, towns have pulled every single permit. Do you really think they will just say hey, NYSCL, EDP, LIJSL, here is your permit, go gather? Way to much liability involved and sports will just have to get in line. When those insurance policies reset and we are still in the midst of this, how much do you think that will be to cover? There are a lot of other factors involved people aren't considering other than just showing up to a field.

Sundevil94 #734787 03/23/20 04:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sundevil94

So far I have only seen Auburndale suspend fees.

Many people will be out of work there is probably a different fee structure looming in the pay to play soccer world.

Hopefully all of these brilliant parents that think they can coach from the sidelines will step up to volunteer to coach.

We will all save a lot of money if we went back to volunteers, maybe have an actual curriculum by some paid DOC's

My son's club suspended fees indefinitely as they monitor the situation. I would have to imagine a good # have suspended payments and not made it public. Then again, even if a few haven't that isn't enough....it should be 100% suspended.

My gut feeling is that their will be a contraction of the small to mid size clubs after this all clears whenever that may be, especially at the club level. Larger clubs will take those with no club on while town teams get some action too. The better off parents will continue with business as usual while the others who feel it will go the town route. Wouldn't be surprised to see town teams see an unintended uptick in enrollment due to this in the short term. However, give it 3-5 years, if not sooner, and it will be back to what is was because most of us can't help ourselves unfortunately.

Anonymous #734788 03/23/20 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your stupid if "

The ultimate irony.

Anonymous #734789 03/23/20 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My son's club suspended fees indefinitely as they monitor the situation...."

Name the club. Give them credit.

Larry Miller #734801 03/24/20 01:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring season is shot. Feel bad for those clubs and players who don't do Fall season (because of school ball which I agree with) and waited till now only to see it not happen. Now players have to wait until next season until they play competitively/real soccer. In plain English, it sucks. But this is life, you move on. Maybe....and only a hope....there can be some sort of summer league if this pandemic has calmed down to the point of gatherings of more than 50 people. In the meantime, enjoy Netflix.

Larry Miller #734803 03/24/20 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
COVID-19 will continue to flourish as long as idiots ignore the social distancing rules the state has enacted. You can't stop a family from going to a park or field and staying away from others but this past weekend I was driving by a multi field complex in Suffolk County and an entire team of boys (looked to be about U16-U17) was out with their coach and trainer practicing. This is completely irresponsible on the adults part and why in God's name would the parents allow their son to participate? This is exactly how the disease spreads and is putting people lives in danger and will soon cause the hospitals to be overwhelmed. I cannot understand one iota what is wrong with people when you have all the information you need at your fingertips (phones, tablets, PC's TV, Radio) yet they still ignore the medical and governmental warnings issued.

Larry Miller #734861 03/28/20 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth and high school sports will not be back until Spring 2021. Especially in NYS.

Anonymous #734863 03/28/20 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth and high school sports will not be back until Spring 2021. Especially in NYS.

Thanks nostradomas. Now go back to your bubble with mommy where you'll be safe.

Anonymous #734865 03/28/20 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure you're one of the ones that think there will be Memorial Day tournaments.

Anonymous #734867 03/29/20 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure you're one of the ones that think there will be Memorial Day tournaments.

Life and death, the government and the elites do not care about any of us. Even if they buy your vote with “free stuff”. My wife has it, I am pretty certain. She has diabetes and called the state provided number she can’t even get a test until she has difficulty breathing. The joke is people think the government will take care of you and/or is smart enough to. They are not. So whether the powers to be let you play in the summer, fall or spring of 2030, if you believe the government is here for you, I have a bridge to sell you.

Anonymous #734868 03/29/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, I hope your wife is ok. Prayers are with you

Anonymous #734869 03/29/20 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, I hope your wife is ok. Prayers are with you

Thank You, my prayers are with all of you as well.

Anonymous #734871 03/29/20 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life and death, the government and the elites do not care about any of us. Even if they buy your vote with “free stuff”. My wife has it, I am pretty certain. She has diabetes and called the state provided number she can’t even get a test until she has difficulty breathing. The joke is people think the government will take care of you and/or is smart enough to. They are not. So whether the powers to be let you play in the summer, fall or spring of 2030, if you believe the government is here for you, I have a bridge to sell you.

. Yo, can I get that 3,400 check the government is about to send you then!!

Larry Miller #734872 03/29/20 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd guess spring 2021. Everyone in this country is going to be exposed to the virus eventually, it's only a matter of when. At the current rate most of the country will be exposed by september/october. And then you will need 2 to 3 months after that for the virus to take it's course for the last exposed.

Anonymous #734873 03/29/20 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd guess spring 2021. Everyone in this country is going to be exposed to the virus eventually, it's only a matter of when. At the current rate most of the country will be exposed by september/october. And then you will need 2 to 3 months after that for the virus to take it's course for the last exposed.

Give this two more weeks when Florida is on fire and this thing starts running through The Villages and retirement communities. Florida beaches are still mobbed today. And then this will start seeping into middle America where there is truly lousy healthcare and communities that will be late to respond because they are being told this is a hoax, it's just the flu and this is one big game. Lousy preparation and lousy leadership across the board.

Larry Miller #734874 03/29/20 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is zero chance that the schools are going to release the fields back to clubs to use this spring.

Cuomo has already stated that once schools eventually reopen, even a single Covid-19 case being discovered at a particular school would shut it back down again. There is no way that the schools are going to invite additional exposure from even school sports, forget about adding private club sports on top of that. The season is toast.

Anonymous #734877 03/29/20 07:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually yes, I do. Until they tell us there won't. It's still a business and we're 60 days out. Who knows what happens tomorrow, but stop being a nervous nelly with the sky falling.

Anonymous #734878 03/29/20 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You again? Move to Mars already bubble boy. The northeast will peak in the next month or so. It will be nonexistent here in the summer. Fall school and sports will be fine God willing.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!