Spring '20 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CDYSL | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP [NA] [MA] [Futures] | ENY Challenge | NY State Cup |
| GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSANJ | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Premier |

Latest Posts
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 04/07/20 09:19 PM
Eastern FC Tryouts
by Larry Miller - 04/07/20 09:15 PM
FC Transylvania Tryouts
by Larry Miller - 04/07/20 09:14 PM
EDP Spring 2020
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Girls NE Schedule
Boys NE Scores
Boys NE Schedule
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
Spring '20 LI Cup
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave Birnbaum), 24 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733491 02/21/20 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Our community is home to our children, home to a lot of us who live here. We are not passing through or stopping by for an hour or a few hours and leave. This is where our children live, go to school, go to church, play with their friends. We therefore have an obligation to make things better for them in whatever small way possible.

For 45 years, Brentwood Soccer club has been serving the youth and the people of Brentwood and surrounding communities through their soccer programs and community support. The club has been providing quality soccer training at the Brentwood Soccer fields for 40+ years and competitive opportunities for our youth while keeping their programs affordable for all and assisting those less fortunate without making them feel they are handouts or second-class citizens. In addition, the club and all involved proudly cater to the unique needs of the communities and go above and beyond for our children and their families. Brentwood Soccer has built more than just soccer programs; they built a tradition, a family and a home at our fields for over four decades.

Since NYS Department of Mental Health had allowed the club to use those fields back in the late 70s, formerly Pilgrim State Soccer Fields, it has been one fight after another. Some of you might remember when the state has put up the property for sale to private sectors in the late 90s. The club and the soccer community had to rally together in support of one another and fight for our home fields. Mr. Jerry Wolkoff who purchased the entire Pilgrim center’s 460 acres insisted that the property that housed the soccer fields remain the home of the Brentwood Club and the kids in the community. In 2002, he turned over the 52-acre parcel back to the department and the parcel was removed from the sale in order to protect the community fields, which were later preserved under Historic Preservation. That was the 1st step toward a long chain of events, such as the transfer of ownership of the fields from NYS Department of Mental to NYS Parks and Recreation to become Brentwood State Park, then securing the funds to begin the Brentwood Fields of Dreams Project for the community.

Brentwood Soccer programs and their home fields are under attack by those shameful groups who have no concerns or respect for our programs, our children and our community but want to take away from our children’s home of 40+ years. Brentwood Soccer is undoubtedly against the use of our community park and our soccer fields by any non-community organizations or programs that will cause irreparable damages to our existing soccer programs. We heard some hurtful words directed at us and came across those who wouldn’t shake our hands sometimes after a game or how they couldn’t run out of the complex fast enough. But for these individuals or groups to try to not only take away our space that we fought to protect, fought to build and make it what it is today, it is the most hurtful, offensive and disrespectful actions toward our community programs and children.

For a long time, some people have never wanted to see Brentwood succeed or to have anything good. From badmouthing and labelling the community to going against the improvement of our fields because we didn’t deserve anything, to shaming and uprooting our players to serve their own agenda to now want to take our space and use our resources and undermine our programs. Despite everything we always rise above the cruelty and stereotyping because our community never backs down to a challenge. Some used to call our fields the dust bowl, our parking lot the lost and found place for tires and bumpers, statements like they wouldn’t touch us with a 10-foot pole or telling others not to come to Brentwood fields because they were going to get robbed or worse. Soon our children were being labelled and called by so many derogatory names; we became the stigma of the bad, dusty and bumpy fields and worse as if that’s what defined us. We were shaken at times but NEVER broken. Our love and passion for the game kept us focused. We didn’t care we didn’t have manicured grass or turf fields, nor did we ever think of barging in on other soccer club’s fields to request that our games be played on their fields.

Nobody owns their home fields that are on public land, but it is never about ownership or rights, it’s about respect for someone’s home fields and common decency and the Brentwood Soccer fields, known now as Brentwood State Park, are OUR home and WE, the community, demand that respect for our home and will continue to fight for our children’s fields of over 40 years.

Fake News

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733501 02/21/20 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry- you are really barking up the wrong tree- if it is turf fields you are talking about basically every club on long island has access to a turf field these days- no reason to pay an arm and a leg with susa just so you can play on turf fields - any town club can do this for much less- basically every high school now has a turf field and the only clubs that would not be allowed to use it would be Susa- your out of the loop bro.

Agreed. The reason SUSA has to build fields is because they're a for-profit club, unlike the rest of the clubs on long island. Let's not make SUSA out to be something special here, they had no choice but to build

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733502 02/21/20 07:53 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry- you are really barking up the wrong tree- if it is turf fields you are talking about basically every club on long island has access to a turf field these days- no reason to pay an arm and a leg with susa just so you can play on turf fields - any town club can do this for much less- basically every high school now has a turf field and the only clubs that would not be allowed to use it would be Susa- your out of the loop bro.

Agreed. The reason SUSA has to build fields is because they're a for-profit club, unlike the rest of the clubs on long island. Let's not make SUSA out to be something special here, they had no choice but to build

Really? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? They could have stayed doing what they have been doing? These four fields as I understand it is just phase one.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #733510 02/22/20 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Really? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? They could have stayed doing what they have been doing? These four fields as I understand it is just phase one.

When I get the privilege to watch a game or practice at these amazing fields, will I:

1) get to see botn advertisement around the complex?
2) will my child be able to run faster, jump higher or automatically increase his soccer IQ?

Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733511 02/22/20 09:43 AM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

When I get the privilege to watch a game or practice at these amazing fields, will I:

1) get to see botn advertisement around the complex? NO
2) will my child be able to run faster, jump higher or automatically increase his soccer IQ? YES

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733513 02/22/20 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) will my child be able to run faster, jump higher or automatically increase his soccer IQ?

I’m trying to figure out why some of yiu are upset over these fields being built? This is good for LI soccer. If you choose to play elsewhere the so be it

Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733514 02/22/20 06:05 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I’m trying to figure out why some of yiu are upset over these fields being built? This is good for LI soccer. If you choose to play elsewhere the so be it

Ya think?

Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #733530 02/23/20 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Build it and they will come!

Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #733535 02/24/20 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Al

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #733538 02/24/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a friend whose daughter players for TSA in Jersey. They have their own complex of fields. I'll ask her if there is the same amount of petty jealousy in NJ over the field they built as there is with SUSA. It's ridiculous the crap I read. I don't send my kid to SUSA and the fields won't entice me too but I think its great for LI soccer that someone is doing something desperately needed out here. And yes both kids will get to play on those fields as they are regular opponents of SUSA. Cheers to SUSA for doing this.

Reply Quote
Re: Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #733550 02/24/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) get to see botn advertisement around the complex? NO
2) will my child be able to run faster, jump higher or automatically increase his soccer IQ? YES

Does this mean the Chief Rocker is not willing to pay for advertisement when the new facility is built? (obviously we are pro susa and anti barca) Why would we not see botn advertisement around the new complex?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734258 03/09/20 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all the posters above questioning the SUSA Complex:

The way you folks are bitching and moaning, working overtime to question this project, it makes one think that you all have invested a [****] load of money into this venture, plus spent tens of thousands of dollars in legal, accounting, and construction fees dealing with the heavy-handed bureaucracy of the Town of Islip and the local government of Central Islip.

Let me assure you your money has been well spent, and the complex will be built and fields ready for use by this Summer at the latest. Does calm you and your investors down?

If I had a dollar for every time you gave a timeline for when the fields would be done.

I received an email today in response to my question asking SUSA when do you expect games to be played on the new fields. Here is the response, "This spring we will start having games there".....it seems to me that a few or many are really not wanting this complex to come on line. Well, it is coming. Deal with it.

Spring is in a couple of weeks does anyone have these fields on their schedule?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734274 03/10/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to the site yesterday. Building is started , parking lots are in , fencing is up , fields are carved out. Lights are going in. Really looks like a complex now. Gonna be a beautiful place for Long Island to play soccer. Long time coming but it’s really happening and really close.

#SUSASTRONGER

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734275 03/10/20 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would not worry about this. the chief gave us assurances.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734278 03/10/20 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734279 03/10/20 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to the site yesterday. Building is started , parking lots are in , fencing is up , fields are carved out. Lights are going in. Really looks like a complex now. Gonna be a beautiful place for Long Island to play soccer. Long time coming but it’s really happening and really close.

#SUSASTRONGER

#SUSASTRONGER

this sounds like complete and total fabricated bs. when i go to google maps...nothing is even remotely close to what you described....in contrast when you look at the barca site on google maps, you can clearly see a perfect 350'x350' square of gravel, enough for 2 full size fields.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734280 03/10/20 10:02 AM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

#SUSASTRONGER

#SUSASTRONGER

this sounds like complete and total fabricated bs. when i go to google maps...nothing is even remotely close to what you described....in contrast when you look at the barca site on google maps, you can clearly see a perfect 350'x350' square of gravel, enough for 2 full size fields.

You went to Google? Do you think Google does daily updates of its maps? Why dont you go there and see for yourself what is built already? I know, that way you will see the facility that is going to hurt your club?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734281 03/10/20 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#SUSASTRONGER

#SUSASTRONGER

You went to Google? Do you think Google does daily updates of its maps? Why dont you go there and see for yourself what is built already? I know, that way you will see the facility that is going to hurt your club?

I went on Goggle maps to check out my house. The car in front of my house has been gone 2 yrs already so they update maybe every couple of years

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734293 03/10/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, should be a few fields very shortly i went by it getting done quickly, definately by May

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734294 03/10/20 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JEALOUS GET OVER IT SUSA FINISHING TOUCH

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734297 03/10/20 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great, so post a photo of the susa site. should not be that hard to do right?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #734298 03/10/20 12:19 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

No. No one needs to post a picture to prove anything to you. It is more enjoyable to have you sit and stew over the inevitable of the SUSA complex. If you want to see it hop in your car and drive over to the site.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734299 03/10/20 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#SUSASTRONGER

#SUSASTRONGER

Why would that hurt any club? SUSA training is inferior to many clubs. New fields won't change that.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734300 03/10/20 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. No one needs to post a picture to prove anything to you. It is more enjoyable to have you sit and stew over the inevitable of the SUSA complex. If you want to see it hop in your car and drive over to the site.

Who cares? I would rather have my son train in a public soccer field with good trainers than at a SUSA complex with bad trainers.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #734301 03/10/20 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I drove by a week or two ago and a lot of progress is being made. I'm not as optimistic that they will get permission from the town to actually start hosting games this spring as nothing is finished yet and you have to wait for town inspections before the general public is allowed to use it, but every looks good for the fall season.

Reply Quote
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Voorhees Mem. Classic 5/22
Gettysburg Blue Gray 5/23
Columbia Invit. Mem. Day 5/23
EDP Pocono Mem. 5/23
Commack Memorial Day 5/23