Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 160 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731032 12/16/19 12:59 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I would love to see the complaint when its filed. Wrong is wrong.

Lets be clear about SESA's academy team, they like every other for profit outfit take anyone that will write a check. Might be better training, better communication, better people but they take everyone regardless of ability

You will see it when I can get it it, and let's be clear, every town team takes anyone who can write a check. This is a business whether it is a for profit or not for profit, and it is the profit motive on the part of OUSC that got them into this trouble, so do not make it seem that SESA, SUSA, etc will take anyone with a check while the town clubs like OUSC are made out to be as pure as the driven snow because they are not any different.

What profit motive does OUSC have? It's a non-profit with unpaid volunteers. Yes town clubs are supposed to take anybody who can write a check and find a proper place for them. The only people making off of OUSC are the trainers they hire. What evidence is there that Sesa has better training? Because they charge more?

First of all, not for profit is a tax status. The OUSC must make money. If they didn't make money there would be no club.

BOTN has also learned but won't be able to confirm until after the discovery process that some board members and O'Malley do receive money. Do not be so sure that only the trainers are making money. Who is making money at the OUSC is open for discussion. While I have heard details of who and how much I would need to get confirmation before publishing what is now hearsay.

As a point of reference, the EMSC board members and tournament director(s) have in the past received some substantial checks. Do not assume that every town club is 100% volunteers and that no one is compensated. I think the clubs that compensate are minimal, but in our discussion OUSC and O'Malley raise compensation questions.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731066 12/17/19 01:23 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
BOTN has been sent a copy of an "Intent to Sue" letter addressed to Mike O'Malley. BOTN does not know if we have the permission to post it yet. If we get the permission we will post it or whatever parts of the letter we can post.

meanwhile, we have been sent information that Mike O'Malley is not sharing the conversations and content with the OUSC board, and that the OUSC is finding things out from BOTN. It would be, IMO, very wise for every current board member and past board member who served on the board from February, 2015 forward to request a copy of the letter ASAP...again, my 2 cents

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731083 12/18/19 10:22 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OUSC
President
Attn.: Mike O’Malley
Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com

Re: FCSESA Inc (www.fcsesa.com)

Dear Mr. O’Malley:

As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred directly to my client.

We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and deceptive business practices, among other things.

Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery, and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing from your company shortly.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731085 12/18/19 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OUSC

President

Attn.: Mike O’Malley

Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com

Re: FCSESA Inc (www.fcsesa.com)

Dear Mr. O’Malley:

As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after
discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken
subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing
yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred
directly to my client.

We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said
domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet
traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and
deceptive business practices, among other things.

Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any
information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and
sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of
and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall
not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or
documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery,
and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing
from your company shortly.

If I had to make a guess, I would think that, most likely, this whole thing is exactly what it looks like. The splitting of FC SESA from OUSC was acrimonious, and this course of action was taken by OUSC to limit FC SESA's ability to operate.

From what I can discern from this letter, it appears that OUSC may be guilty of what is known as "domain squatting". Apparently, OUSC purchased the rights to use the domain name fcsesa.com back in Feb. 2015. If it can be proven that OUSC did this with the intent to disrupt the FC SESA business, then OUSC could be liable for fines and/or damages. If OUSC was indeed redirecting traffic from fcsesa.com to their own web site, that would certainly indicate intent; however, it does appear that, at some point, OUSC did comply with the cease and desist order, as the fcsesa.com domain is currently available for public purchase and is not presently associated with either OUSC or FC SESA. What is odd is that it apparently took FC SESA over 5 years to figure out what was going on and to take action against it.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731087 12/18/19 12:24 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Good reply. I see you did research on “cyber squatting”, but the end of your post is not accurate as I see it.

There is proof which I found that that the fcsesa.com did forward to OUSC. I have a Camtasia video plus a google search of fcsesa.com shows it is an OUSC website.

Where you are also in error is that while the domain no longer forwards to OUSC is was not transferred to FCSESA inc., which was asked for in the cease & desist letter, but rather it appears to have been dumped to a company that warehouses expired domains and they usually ask exorbitant prices to buy it back.

So instead of just transferring the site back to the FCSESA company, O’Malley dumped it so FCSESA Inc. could not have it, and that is why I expect the lawsuit to go forward within a few days.

Having gone through a very similar situation with LIJSL many years ago, if I were OUSC I would be very concerned, and this could be extremely costly for the club and possibly some of the directors.

It is still not clear who on the board knew what was going on, but discovery should get to that question and many others.

The allegations and causes of action, while there may be more, contained in the letter I posted is not frivolous or something that can now be easily fixed, but it could have been if O’Malley & Company just transferred the site back....too late for that now.

In the end, FCSESA Inc., will get the domain back with damages, and it will all be paid by the OUSC club, it’s insurers if this type of behavior is covered and by the parents who are the income source for this club.

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731099 12/18/19 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question... Years ago Didn't back of the net drive LIJSL crazy for years with a siimiler re-direct? Drove them crazy LOL

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731103 12/18/19 06:03 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Honest question... Years ago Didn't back of the net drive LIJSL crazy for years with a siimiler re-direct? Drove them crazy LOL

Yes. You are 100% correct. I drove them nuts, and by them, I mean Joan Czach. Here is the difference.

I own LIJSL.com, and I have an ownership paper from LIJSL signed by Bill Peet and Joan Czach stating that fact. LIJSL did not want LIJSL.com.

To take this a step further, about 2 years ago a website wanted to use the LIJSL.com domain. As a courtesy, which I did not have to do, I contacted the LIJSL president, Anthony Moresco (SP?) to advise him and see if the league wanted to buy the domain back. The reply I received, and I'm paraphrasing that the LIJSL have no interest in the domain.

Now, where LIJSL did screw up, IMO, is that they put no conditions on what content can be on LIJSL.com, nor did they ask for right of first refusal if the domain was up for sale. LIJSL can be as G-Rated as Disney or XXX rated as (fill in your favorite xxx site).

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731106 12/18/19 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. You are 100% correct. I drove them nuts, and by them, I mean Joan Czach. Here is the difference.

I own LIJSL.com, and I have an ownership paper from LIJSL signed by Bill Peet and Joan Czach stating that fact. LIJSL did not want LIJSL.com.

To take this a step further, about 2 years ago a website wanted to use the LIJSL.com domain. As a courtesy, which I did not have to do, I contacted the LIJSL president, Anthony Moresco (SP?) to advise him and see if the league wanted to buy the domain back. The reply I received, and I'm paraphrasing that the LIJSL have no interest in the domain.

Now, where LIJSL did screw up, IMO, is that they put no conditions on what content can be on LIJSL.com, nor did they ask for right of first refusal if the domain was up for sale. LIJSL can be as G-Rated as Disney or XXX rated as (fill in your favorite xxx site).

Omg Larry, you cracked me up with that one! The possibilities are endless!

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731175 12/20/19 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any new news on this? I am new to Oceanside and trying to figure out if I should look elsewhere for my 2 children currently in the program for the spring? We have only been here for the fall season and I only met Mike Omalley once at uniform distribution and it was such chaos he was yelling and screaming at adults. Thought he was just overwhelmed with everything but starting to realize from everything I am hearing is the guy is on a serious power trip!

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731178 12/21/19 09:11 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
My suggestion is wait for a few days or certainly till the very early days of the new year. I have been told that there will a lawsuit. What I dont know is what the cause of actions will be nor do I know what damages will be involved.

From what I know I think it could be a serious financial blow to OUSC. I also dont know if the club has directors insurance and whether the insurance would cover the action(s) alleged. I dont see this as a joke or a cry for attention on the part of SESA.

As far as your comment on O'Malley. I have met him and have quite a few email exchanges with him in the past and have to agree that he comes off like he is on a power trip, and he certainly seems to be reacting to this serious matter in that manner.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731181 12/21/19 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens to a not for profit with limited cash on hand IF there was a sizable judgement levied against them? Is that the end of a club? Kind of like declare bankruptcy and close up shop?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731184 12/21/19 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious.. how many years ago was this? Just goes to show how out of touch LIJSL is. Why would they not want that domain name is far beyond me?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731185 12/21/19 09:23 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Just curious.. how many years ago was this? Just goes to show how out of touch LIJSL is. Why would they not want that domain name is far beyond me?

It’s hard to put the whole story into words, but in our first court case where Peet & Coach sued BOTN for writing negatively about LIJSL their attorney, a guy named Soffey made a mistake in his diatribe with the judge, said on the record, “ I don’t care about LIJSL.com he can have it”.

Dave Birnbaum who was my attorney was very smart. Dave drew up a Stipulation and had Peet, Coach, and the judge along with sign it which gave me ownership of the domain.

Stupid as is was, their attorney screwed his client. You are correct. They should want it. The date the agreement was signed was in February 2002. It’s filed in the Supreme Court of New York County of Nassau index number 82990/01.

LIJSL sued me and BOTN 15 times over the years and won nothing, and got nothing unlike OUSC who will pay a price and SESA will get their domain name back.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731737 01/11/20 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any new news?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731740 01/11/20 10:20 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Any new news?

Nope....

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731744 01/11/20 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OUSC<br>
President<br>
Attn.: Mike O’Malley<br>
Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com<br>
<br>
Re: FCSESA Inc (<a href="http://www.fcsesa.com/" target="_blank">www.fcsesa.com</a>)<br>
<br>
Dear Mr. O’Malley:<br>
<br>
As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after
discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken
subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing
yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred
directly to my client.<br>
<br>
We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said
domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet
traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and
deceptive business practices, among other things.<br>
<br>
Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any
information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and
sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of
and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall
not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or
documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery,
and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.<br>
<br>
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing
from your company shortly.

If I had to make a guess, I would think that, most likely, this whole thing is exactly what it looks like. The splitting of FC SESA from OUSC was acrimonious, and this course of action was taken by OUSC to limit FC SESA's ability to operate.

From what I can discern from this letter, it appears that OUSC may be guilty of what is known as "domain squatting". Apparently, OUSC purchased the rights to use the domain name fcsesa.com back in Feb. 2015. If it can be proven that OUSC did this with the intent to disrupt the FC SESA business, then OUSC could be liable for fines and/or damages. If OUSC was indeed redirecting traffic from fcsesa.com to their own web site, that would certainly indicate intent; however, it does appear that, at some point, OUSC did comply with the cease and desist order, as the fcsesa.com domain is currently available for public purchase and is not presently associated with either OUSC or FC SESA. What is odd is that it apparently took FC SESA over 5 years to figure out what was going on and to take action against it.

What split? Sesa was never a part of OUSC.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #731768 01/13/20 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nonsense story, nothing happening of consequence

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #731807 01/14/20 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nonsense story, nothing happening of consequence

probably another big fuss to make a club look bad but no follow up

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #732211 01/24/20 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this fizzled out

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #732222 01/24/20 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what came of the big teeth lawsuit?

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #732230 01/24/20 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this fizzled out

The way our system works, this could be tied up for months if not years.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #732243 01/25/20 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lawyers keep asking for continuances until the judge finally says enough, get this damn thing settled or we actually go to trial. My guess is Oceanside is trying very hard to figure a way out of the mess the board created without having to pay a small fortune to SESA.

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15