Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 301 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730778 12/10/19 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would sure be easier for people to mind their own business if this kid didn’t have a PUBLIC Instagram and a presence all over the internet.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730780 12/10/19 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newbie to soccer. I hear parents talking about DA as the thing to aspire to get you kid on? Who are the DA teams on LI? And is it better than....ECNL... EDP...NPL?? how would you rank them if you were to.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730782 12/10/19 09:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is a plan with this kid wont you do the same if you have the money and resources ? plus this kid is super talented and is at NYRB.he works twice or more than other boys for sure . he seems pretty happy doing it .

plan at 10? my god .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730785 12/10/19 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone says there league is the best...its actually all kool-aid...make sure jr. is enjoying the game.
In the end, the cream always rises to the top.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730792 12/10/19 12:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he is at rds pre academy team which is different than regular rds and much more selective. at least get it right

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730802 12/10/19 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he is at rds pre academy team which is different than regular rds and much more selective. at least get it right

Ok dad. Enlighten us with more info.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730816 12/10/19 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newbie to soccer. I hear parents talking about DA as the thing to aspire to get you kid on? Who are the DA teams on LI? And is it better than....ECNL... EDP...NPL?? how would you rank them if you were to.

DA is overrated. Best club by far in tristate is barca.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730829 12/11/19 06:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DA is overrated. Best club by far in tristate is barca.

Best club and team by far is NYCFC. This is DA go away

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730830 12/11/19 07:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes kids should play soccer more
More structured training doesn’t mean your player gets better , might be confusing . Let the kid play more without the mental weight of Training environment !

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730832 12/11/19 08:21 AM
F
Falcon Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
everyone says there league is the best...its actually all kool-aid...make sure jr. is enjoying the game.
In the end, the cream always rises to the top.

The cream does rise. My son played with 4 or 5 boys at u15.... 3 went to Bradenton and
1 went to Germany and one wasn't invited to national camps.... at 19 he was on a 1st Team MLS roster..... the others are pretty much done..... they are 22 now. I have been around this academy system since it's inception. Just not what it was sold to be. It's a good League and that is about it. It is NOT A SYSTEM.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730835 12/11/19 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730839 12/11/19 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t need to do VO2 max test at this age at all. Posting all that in Instagram is totally about parents ego. Kid doesn’t know about it write about it and don't answer tons of followers on insta Facebook and social media in general. Be humble and didn’t post all this crap . Kid seems to be talented , let it be . You can’t see how many negatives comments he receives on that video on YouTube .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730844 12/11/19 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just from the preview that was frightening.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730846 12/11/19 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t need to do VO2 max test at this age at all. Posting all that in Instagram is totally about parents ego. Kid doesn’t know about it write about it and don't answer tons of followers on insta Facebook and social media in general. Be humble and didn’t post all this crap . Kid seems to be talented , let it be . You can’t see how many negatives comments he receives on that video on YouTube .

this kid has a team behind him .massage therapist and Private coaches .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730847 12/11/19 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos of a kid training does not make him an instant great soccer player. Is he a good young athlete? Yes but so are thousands of other 10 yr olds. Does he possess good soccer knowledge, field awareness? Passing ability? You can't tell by these videos.

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730857 12/11/19 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos of a kid training does not make him an instant great soccer player. Is he a good young athlete? Yes but so are thousands of other 10 yr olds. Does he possess good soccer knowledge, field awareness? Passing ability? You can't tell by these videos.

Yes he does . He is a score machine probably the best 10 years old boy in all NY and NJ. If he trains double than his piers good for him , parents should see him as an example and take the video games control from their kids and get a private coach and work on fundamentals that this kid.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730864 12/11/19 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I don't think very many parents will see paying for tons of extra training and equipment for a 10 year old is a good example. Quite the opposite.

Honestly the amount of training an academy does is already a lot when combined with the games and I assume this preacademy thing also trains plenty in an age appropriate manner. I'd say some unsupervised street ball is all the extra work a 10 year old playing or a club really needs.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730867 12/11/19 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I don't think very many parents will see paying for tons of extra training and equipment for a 10 year old is a good example. Quite the opposite.

Honestly the amount of training an academy does is already a lot when combined with the games and I assume this preacademy thing also trains plenty in an age appropriate manner. I'd say some unsupervised street ball is all the extra work a 10 year old playing or a club really needs.

This kid won’t get overtraining . He has a team of therapists behind him. It’s all calculate and plan. Also his dad take him to some pick ups games . My question though is how NYRB allow him to do all that xtra ?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730869 12/11/19 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This kid won’t get overtraining . He has a team of therapists behind him. It’s all calculate and plan. Also his dad take him to some pick ups games . My question though is how NYRB allow him to do all that xtra ?

Sure if you say so but as we all know in the youth sports industrial complex there are plenty of trainers willing to take the parents’ money for unnecessary training.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730871 12/11/19 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yeah I don't think very many parents will see paying for tons of extra training and equipment for a 10 year old is a good example. Quite the opposite.

Sure if you say so but as we all know in the youth sports industrial complex there are plenty of trainers willing to take the parents’ money for unnecessary training.
[/
Like that coach doing VO2 Max test. It’s totally an unnecessary test at this age

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730873 12/11/19 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes he does . He is a score machine probably the best 10 years old boy in all NY and NJ. If he trains double than his piers good for him , parents should see him as an example and take the video games control from their kids and get a private coach and work on fundamentals that this kid.

What about CT?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730875 12/12/19 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you can't train a lot of that into a kid. They need to work on it on their own, in the backyard, pickup games etc so they can be more creative, learn and become more intuitive. A pediatrician would be horrified that a child is "training" like that at such a young age; a child psychologist would be too, not only because of the training but the social media "presence" (agreed its not the kid but the parent) and having a spot light put on him. Let him be. If he's talented and self motivated he will get there without all the other crap

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730922 12/12/19 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the end of the day, who cares what people waste their money on. i am neither for nor against this sort of training; however, i am hopeful that there is someone really watching to make sure there are no "hidden" injuries. with this sort of parental expectation (i cannot believe it is led by the child) and obvious large expense, there will be significant internalized pressure to perform, and perhaps avoid revealing injuries. it happens all the time in youth gymnastics, which makes this sort of training look like rainbows and puppy dogs.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730926 12/12/19 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the end of the day, who cares what people waste their money on. i am neither for nor against this sort of training; however, i am hopeful that there is someone really watching to make sure there are no "hidden" injuries. with this sort of parental expectation (i cannot believe it is led by the child) and obvious large expense, there will be significant internalized pressure to perform, and perhaps avoid revealing injuries. it happens all the time in youth gymnastics, which makes this sort of training look like rainbows and puppy dogs.

The kid seems pretty happy in all this. But let the kid be a kid. All that traveling to coaches and practice can take a toll on the kid. They want to play at this age no just soccer. Hanging with his friends. And traveling in Ny to NJ is a lot of time consuming . And that’s no counting school

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730933 12/12/19 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yeah I don't think very many parents will see paying for tons of extra training and equipment for a 10 year old is a good example. Quite the opposite.

This kid won’t get overtraining . He has a team of therapists behind him. It’s all calculate and plan. Also his dad take him to some pick ups games . My question though is how NYRB allow him to do all that xtra ?[/

A team of therapists? I can’t believe this on a 10 years old kid.

Reply Quote
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15