Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge
Larry Miller #730852 12/11/19 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730853 12/11/19 02:08 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? I'm not the one suing OUSC, but the FC SESA Co. is very serious and yes, that is where this is headed.

these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. Well, then these volunteers should have not created the problems at hand. These volunteers and their outside the club ally should know better. OUSC got caught and have refused to fix the problem nor assess damages. It is these same not for profit volunteers that will have to answer for this, and they needed to act properly which they didn't and aren't. Deal with the facts.

besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story. Ok, so if there are multiple sides how come OUSC has not presented theirs? While I have the letter I also know and have the facts as they are out in the open, and because they know damn well what they have done and continue to be doing.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730854 12/11/19 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? I'm not the one suing OUSC, but the FC SESA Co. is very serious and yes, that is where this is headed.

these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. Well, then these volunteers should have not created the problems at hand. These volunteers and their outside the club ally should know better. OUSC got caught and have refused to fix the problem nor assess damages. It is these same not for profit volunteers that will have to answer for this, and they needed to act properly which they didn't and aren't. Deal with the facts.

besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story. Ok, so if there are multiple sides how come OUSC has not presented theirs? While I have the letter I also know and have the facts as they are out in the open, and because they know damn well what they have done and continue to be doing.

Larry for Prez!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730898 12/12/19 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would Oceanside Soccer Club, or any defendant, want to litigate this matter on a public, anonymous board; they may or may not have their defenses to this claim but giving your adversary notice of those defenses only hurts you later; I can understand why SESA would, force a quick settlement and reduce ultimate legal fees; but, whatever the outcome, quick settlement or long drawn out litigation, they will be stuck with a PR nightmare; if your neighbor is being sued by a for profit soccer club for what is a non-paid volunteer position, why would you want to use their services in the future? I would want to use the guy that doesn't sue me for missing a payment.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730899 12/12/19 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Pep Boys doesn't know the law anyway

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730900 12/12/19 12:40 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Why would Oceanside Soccer Club, or any defendant, want to litigate this matter on a public, anonymous board; they may or may not have their defenses to this claim but giving your adversary notice of those defenses only hurts you later; I can understand why SESA would, force a quick settlement and reduce ultimate legal fees; but, whatever the outcome, quick settlement or long drawn out litigation, they will be stuck with a PR nightmare; if your neighbor is being sued by a for profit soccer club for what is a non-paid volunteer position, why would you want to use their services in the future? I would want to use the guy that doesn't sue me for missing a payment.

Let's take your point and let me ask you if you would want to use the services of a not for profit that did, in fact, do somethings, yes there is an "s" at the end somethings, that was totally improper, and also to allege a governmental elected official for using their position to hurt a legitimate business?

Whether or not OUSC wants to contribute here is moot. I can say that I expect that the litigation by FC SESA to protect their business will be moving forward and it be as early as today. If I get the confirmation I will post it here. Spin this anyway you like, but I would be shocked knowing what I know at this point that the OUSC will be coughing up money to cover for their actions. What is unfortunate is that money will be coming from the parents who paid for their children to play in OUSC and not from the not for profit people who created the issues at hand.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730901 12/12/19 12:55 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I have to agree. Certainly not the area of the law that is being litigated here.

I am aware of a letter sent by O’MALLEY last night. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. O’Malley had to show his arrogance and play lawyer and he actually made things much worse for his club.

Like I said, I’m looking for an important update sometime today and when I get it I will post it.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730903 12/12/19 01:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O Malley a bigger joke than Mr Pep Boys, agreed

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730908 12/12/19 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's take your point and let me ask you if you would want to use the services of a not for profit that did, in fact, do somethings, yes there is an "s" at the end somethings, that was totally improper, and also to allege a governmental elected official for using their position to hurt a legitimate business?

Whether or not OUSC wants to contribute here is moot. I can say that I expect that the litigation by FC SESA to protect their business will be moving forward and it be as early as today. If I get the confirmation I will post it here. Spin this anyway you like, but I would be shocked knowing what I know at this point that the OUSC will be coughing up money to cover for their actions. What is unfortunate is that money will be coming from the parents who paid for their children to play in OUSC and not from the not for profit people who created the issues at hand.

I do not know what the letter says, but assuming everything in it is true; then it is a complete mess for both sides; my initial reaction to shy away from SESA does not mean that I would be automatically go back to Oceanside (especially since these places are usually run on a shoestring budget and there is no cash for a settlment; why would I want my fees to go to a settlement and not training for my kid. If there is anything on LI, there are soccer clubs all over; I can find a place.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730909 12/12/19 02:19 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I have to agree. Certainly not the area of the law that is being litigated here.

I am aware of a letter sent by O’MALLEY last night. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. O’Malley had to show his arrogance and play lawyer and he actually made things much worse for his club.

Like I said, I’m looking for an important update sometime today and when I get it I will post it.

Mr. Pep boys may not know, but his attorney does and in this case so do I. O'Malley has, IMO, will cost his club money, embarrassment, hurt registration, hurt another non-OUSC entity, and may I also say, there others who I not addressed by name that will feel the sting of this lawsuit. O'Malley had the chance to fix this right and truly close this issue, but being the bully he is, he just dug a deeper hole.

Within days it will be apparent how badly his ego got in the way of his club and community. You read it here first.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730910 12/12/19 02:26 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I do not know what the letter says, but assuming everything in it is true; then it is a complete mess for both sides; my initial reaction to shy away from SESA does not mean that I would be automatically go back to Oceanside (especially since these places are usually run on a shoestring budget and there is no cash for a settlment; why would I want my fees to go to a settlement and not training for my kid. If there is anything on LI, there are soccer clubs all over; I can find a place.

First of all, I have the letter(s) and they true. I am saying that without reservation. Secondly, I agree with you about the possible treble damages that may assessed to the club by the courts, which will just be passed onto the unsuspecting parents.

Thirdly, the letter O'Malley sent last night, which is when I received it was about as dumb and clueless as any lawyer can get. (O'Malley is a big time insurance lawyer, just ask him)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730913 12/12/19 02:56 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

His attorney knows.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730972 12/14/19 11:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So has everybody made up ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730975 12/14/19 11:38 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
So has everybody made up ?

No they haven't. As a matter of fact, I understand the issue has deepened on the negative side for OUSC.

This coming pending lawsuit isn't funny. This is some serious [****]. OUSC has been virtually kicking FC SESA in the nuts since 2015, and after 4 years of continuously pirating the FC SESA brand and trademark via Google to name just one source, FC SESA has had enough.

Now, while my writing and commenting may seem that this is all fun and games, the expected upcoming pending lawsuit isn't a joke. What is beyond comical though is that had Mike O'Malley, and the OUSC board done what was requested to be done in the cease & desist letter, this issue would be done and over with, with no lawsuit and most probably no financial harm to OUSC.

For those of you have encountered the OUSC Executive Bunch they have always operated, IMO. like their [****] doesn't smell, and they sure proved it this time. Mr. O'Malley's arrogance (he is authoring the correspondence to the FC SESA attorney, I'm told) in his lawyerly writings coupled with his latest deceptive action have greatly exacerbated this issue.

OUSC never should have done what they did, and then to get a "get out of jail free card", they not only rejected the card, but dug a much deeper hole for themselves. I would be shocked if they are not served with the papers early this coming week. It will interesting to see who are the named defendants in caption.

My 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730987 12/14/19 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids have been at ousc for a few years now and I have never heard any mention of Sesa from ousc. In fact the only time Sesa was mentioned was from a parent who left Sesa and said they were returning the that group and was trying to get ousc kids to leave also. I also know that Danny left Sesa and was back at ousc. Is that the problem?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730988 12/14/19 06:42 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
My kids have been at ousc for a few years now and I have never heard any mention of Sesa from ousc. In fact the only time Sesa was mentioned was from a parent who left Sesa and said they were returning the that group and was trying to get ousc kids to leave also. I also know that Danny left Sesa and was back at ousc. Is that the problem?

Not even close. What you are asking would be what I consider chopped liver, a nothing burger. What I am alleging, and what the lawsuit will state was what I consider what I wrote above. As a parent in the club you may very well have not been aware of what was going on behind the scene, which will be outlined in the court papers and one that will probably cost the club and its directors some serious coin. I'm told either this Monday or Tuesday will be the initial filing of the summons and complaint.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #731008 12/15/19 11:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats pure lies, My daughter and son both left OUSC soccer this past fall and i can tell you multiple times we heard from Mike negative comments about SESA. I will even say he went out of his way more then he should have to talk XXXX about SESA and to diswade people from even looking into the program. As for parents leaving sesa to go back to OUSC, well that only happens when you get cut from their academy programs. IF your a high level player then you will make it at SESA if your not them you are welcomed back in loser oceanside sc. And to add to the fake news on DANNY, he did not leave SESA to go back to OUSC. He was actually fired or dismissed. Get your facts strait. Also any answer on why OUSC has been avoiding at all costs not to scrimmage or play the FC SESA academy teams? i know SESA has attempted in the past to set things up but OUSC is duckin them. Mike has destroyed Oceanside SC and the rest of the loser board. Its absolutly sad but i am confident to say my kids will never be returning EVER!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #731017 12/16/19 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so where is this lawsuit you have been talking about. what is sesa suing fo and how much money. i dont understand what oceanside did they are a town club so how could they do something to get them sued.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #731018 12/16/19 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is MO'M still the president?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #731020 12/16/19 11:39 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Why is MO'M still the president?

That's a different issue. It is not known yet if O'Malley was the one who created this issue or it was someone else like Mike or Karen Meagher or another board member. O'Malley is being called out since he is the president and from correspondence it is clear he knows what the issue is as he evidently worsened the problem just last week.

I expect to find out more as everyone will once the papers are filed with the court which I'm told should be sometime today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #731021 12/16/19 11:47 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
so where is this lawsuit you have been talking about. what is sesa suing fo and how much money. i dont understand what oceanside did they are a town club so how could they do something to get them sued.

We wont know the answer to your questions until the papers are filed with the court. Then the papers become public and we can get a copy and post them for all to see.

I can tell you that I am fully aware of the issue, at least one main issue and admittedly have not published that information yet. If you are an OUSC parent you can ask your coach or board member. They should know the issue(s).

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #731024 12/16/19 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see the complaint when its filed. Wrong is wrong.

Lets be clear about SESA's academy team, they like every other for profit outfit take anyone that will write a check. Might be better training, better communication, better people but they take everyone regardless of ability

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #731025 12/16/19 12:43 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Lets be clear about SESA's academy team, they like every other for profit outfit take anyone that will write a check. Might be better training, better communication, better people but they take everyone regardless of ability

You will see it when I can get it it, and let's be clear, every town team takes anyone who can write a check. This is a business whether it is a for profit or not for profit, and it is the profit motive on the part of OUSC that got them into this trouble, so do not make it seem that SESA, SUSA, etc will take anyone with a check while the town clubs like OUSC are made out to be as pure as the driven snow because they are not any different.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #731031 12/16/19 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will see it when I can get it it, and let's be clear, every town team takes anyone who can write a check. This is a business whether it is a for profit or not for profit, and it is the profit motive on the part of OUSC that got them into this trouble, so do not make it seem that SESA, SUSA, etc will take anyone with a check while the town clubs like OUSC are made out to be as pure as the driven snow because they are not any different.

What profit motive does OUSC have? It's a non-profit with unpaid volunteers. Yes town clubs are supposed to take anybody who can write a check and find a proper place for them. The only people making off of OUSC are the trainers they hire. What evidence is there that Sesa has better training? Because they charge more?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!