WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park N.J.
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
Anonymous #730828 12/11/19 01:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of the DI All State selections did not have a lot of points . They played on winning teams with plenty of support. Meanwhile some kids that had double and triple the points did not get picked , while playing similar or tougher schedules. They were also on bad teams that they carried to playoffs .

I’m sorry what?

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #730834 12/11/19 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the DI All State selections did not have a lot of points . They played on winning teams with plenty of support. Meanwhile some kids that had double and triple the points did not get picked , while playing similar or tougher schedules. They were also on bad teams that they carried to playoffs .

I’m sorry what?

My kid didn't get named. So whaaaa whaaaaa whaaaa. Get it now?

Anonymous #730838 12/11/19 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sorry what?

Overall the list was far less obnoxious than years past. Sure, some great players got overlooked, most obvious being the shortage of Defensive players-But, there was a pretty decent uptick in the # of GKs recognized, so that's good! Here are some points of interest-
-Class AA High School POY isn't even in HS yet, she's in 8th grade
-Multiple top 5 "leading scorers" from Nassau & Suffolk did not make the list
-Only 2 players from State Champion SWR get a nod-2nd & 6th team
-Close to 60 players from LI named All State, less than 45 of them were named top 100 by Newsday including several 1st & 2nd team picks

Larry Miller #730850 12/11/19 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sorry what?

Overall the list was far less obnoxious than years past. Sure, some great players got overlooked, most obvious being the shortage of Defensive players-But, there was a pretty decent uptick in the # of GKs recognized, so that's good! Here are some points of interest-
-Class AA High School POY isn't even in HS yet, she's in 8th grade
-Multiple top 5 "leading scorers" from Nassau & Suffolk did not make the list
-Only 2 players from State Champion SWR get a nod-2nd & 6th team
-Close to 60 players from LI named All State, less than 45 of them were named top 100 by Newsday including several 1st & 2nd team picks

So how is the All-State list determined?

Larry Miller #730856 12/11/19 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday list is coaches favorites, not always the best player. Look at the Newsday lists stats you will see some only perform againist weeker teams.

Anonymous #730858 12/11/19 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaches that have the most influence decide . In most cases it’s not based on talent .

Anonymous #730860 12/11/19 03:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaches that have the most influence decide . In most cases it’s not based on talent .

Eh, I disagree...like someone else said, there's some that got overlooked, but for the most part the kids I've seen play that made this list are all pretty deserving.

Anonymous #730861 12/11/19 03:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday list is coaches favorites, not always the best player. Look at the Newsday lists stats you will see some only perform againist weeker teams.

Newsday also favors certain teams and players and ignores players from coaches they aren't chummy with:)

Larry Miller #730980 12/14/19 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all politics. If you have politics on your side everything else does not matter.

Larry Miller #730984 12/14/19 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Senior Girls getting all county awards that aren't even going on to play in college. Gotta love this biased system.

Anonymous #730989 12/14/19 06:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Senior Girls getting all county awards that aren't even going on to play in college. Gotta love this biased system.

How is that biased? Being biased would be if you gave awards ONLY to kids that were going on to play in college. Doesn't matter what the kid does off that HS field...club doesn't matter, collegiate aspirations, none of it. If the kid produced on that HS field, that's all that matters. I'm sorry if your kid did not get the award you believe she deserved, but that's no reason to go after other kids who got it instead.

Anonymous #731001 12/15/19 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the hell difference does it make if they choose not to play in college? Some amazing players do not want to play college soccer. They don't deserve an award if they aren't playing? What if they are a 3 sport athlete and are playing a different sport in college? What a dumb statement!

Anonymous #731003 12/15/19 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the hell difference does it make if they choose not to play in college? Some amazing players do not want to play college soccer. They don't deserve an award if they aren't playing? What if they are a 3 sport athlete and are playing a different sport in college? What a dumb statement!

Suck it, you know damn well HS soccer is equivalent to cyo. So these players getting awards for scoring a hundred goals against rec teams is a sham. Amazing players not wanting to play college? Amazing against cyo rec teams maybe.

Larry Miller #731013 12/16/19 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suck it, you know damn well HS soccer is equivalent to cyo. So these players getting awards for scoring a hundred goals against rec teams is a sham. Amazing players not wanting to play college? Amazing against cyo rec teams maybe.

Thee are some absolute morons in here!

Larry Miller #731035 12/16/19 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thee are some absolute morons in here!

And guys like you lead the pack until the system is changed. Enjoy your plaque.

Anonymous #732325 01/28/20 04:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Luckily many college coaches disagree with you. They like the All American’s game very much

Anonymous #732388 01/28/20 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It took you more more than a month to reply. Jeez. Go back to sleep this is over

Anonymous #732472 01/30/20 02:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry first time on in a long time. Just had to point out how off the original posters opinion was, and should probably never weigh in on talent ever again. People just can’t be happy for someone else who is flourishing. I realize it’s human nature but it is sad.

Anonymous #732524 01/31/20 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry first time on in a long time. Just had to point out how off the original posters opinion was, and should probably never weigh in on talent ever again. People just can’t be happy for someone else who is flourishing. I realize it’s human nature but it is sad.

Flourishing is a relative term here. Stat compiling against people who will never lace up a cleat after HS is well, nice, but miles away from placing the player in a “skilled” category. It’s the equivalent of winning a debate against someone with a debilitating stutter. (I.e. the lawyer in My Cousin Vinny)

Anonymous #732746 02/05/20 04:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe were not talking about the same All American with a full ride.

Anonymous #732749 02/05/20 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe were not talking about the same All American with a full ride.

Do you think getting that full ride had to do with playing on her HS team or club team?

Anonymous #732752 02/05/20 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just laughable that you still have parents debating high school soccer. The minute the season ends the vast majority of these players have moved on to either another school sport or there soccer clubs and getting ready for there upcoming tournaments and season. Most could care less about the awards they get from the season. All they wanted to do is participate in a school sport with there friends. Playing for there schools are a big deal for them socially. Playing in front of class mates and parents are a big deal. Walking around school before and after games is a big deal. These are the memories that matter for them. Here we are months later reading parents who are still bitter about the outcome as well as the awards that were given out. Who cares? Clearly, parents care. When the season ended I exhaled that my kid was injury free and had a great experience. My memory was on the National letter of intent signing day when my kid signed her next 4 years to playing in college. Playing high school was a great experience and lasting memories. Now it’s time for everyone to move on.

Larry Miller #732760 02/05/20 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just laughable that you still have parents debating high school soccer. The minute the season ends the vast majority of these players have moved on to either another school sport or there soccer clubs and getting ready for there upcoming tournaments and season. Most could care less about the awards they get from the season. All they wanted to do is participate in a school sport with there friends. Playing for there schools are a big deal for them socially. Playing in front of class mates and parents are a big deal. Walking around school before and after games is a big deal. These are the memories that matter for them. Here we are months later reading parents who are still bitter about the outcome as well as the awards that were given out. Who cares? Clearly, parents care. When the season ended I exhaled that my kid was injury free and had a great experience. My memory was on the National letter of intent signing day when my kid signed her next 4 years to playing in college. Playing high school was a great experience and lasting memories. Now it’s time for everyone to move on.

Well said.

Anonymous #732811 02/05/20 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save the lecture. The response was only because some moron said they weren’t impressed by a specific player. I just pointed out maybe their judgement is a bit off since she is a highly decorated player and fully committed collegiate player. To explain the difference between HS and club is common sense. It would just be nice for people to be happy for a Local girl’s accomplishments instead of tearing into them.

Larry Miller #734081 03/06/20 02:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid going into freshman year of high school in the fall. Do most high school varsity programs hold summer workouts heading into pre-season training/tryouts? Do most high schools have everyone tryout for varsity and then assign players to JV or cut? Local high school seems to have a decent team and a good coach - should I just reach out to them and inquire about how incoming freshman should approach the summer and preseason tryouts? I don't want to come off as "one of those" parents - but want to be sure my kid is able to tryout for varsity and let them determine if she is good enough or if she needs to be on JV.

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!