Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 12:58 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 12:19 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 10:35 AM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
Anonymous #730556 12/04/19 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes Emma Cooney #12 from Massapequa won the player of year award. I have a copy of the program.

Why would you post a child’s name on here knowing how vicious people are? Completely irresponsible.

And What is more disturbing is the fact that in the program under this award the year is listed but the name is not. There is no name listed next to the year. Everyone finds out when it is announced at the dinner. So you lie about having a copy of the program.

What is wrong with you?

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #730559 12/04/19 05:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's incorrect. Lauren Brossard from Pt Washington is president. Additionally he is not a member of the Ex Bd.

Larry Miller #730561 12/04/19 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number is not listed in the program as well.
Sounds like an upset parent using the forum adults to add their negative comments about a player. Which has already started.

The post should be deleted.

Larry Miller #730562 12/04/19 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mentioned that I had a program in the event i could answer a question from the person that originally asked about the awards..The program list many award winners with the exception of the major awards. Your correct that I should never have mentioned her name. . The post should be removed. I'm new to the forum and never realized there are some many vile disgusting people who use it.

Anonymous #730713 12/09/19 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are All-State Players going to be named?

Today. My kid just got the message from her coach about what # team she made. Congrats to all the girls who made it, it's not easy!

Anonymous #730718 12/09/19 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today. My kid just got the message from her coach about what # team she made. Congrats to all the girls who made it, it's not easy!

It's BS... To have a girl that railroads and scores against lower quality teams but can't score against the higher ranked teams get All-State. Quality over quantity..... That and Favoritism....

Anonymous #730735 12/09/19 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a website with the list for all- state

Larry Miller #730746 12/09/19 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anonymous #730764 12/09/19 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s all state ?

Larry Miller #730765 12/09/19 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's BS... To have a girl that railroads and scores against lower quality teams but can't score against the higher ranked teams get All-State. Quality over quantity..... That and Favoritism....

That's what happens when math and science teachers who have no idea how to coach soccer, they see the player who scores 100 goals against rec level teams but doesn't know how they disappear in big games. Just enjoy the moment, and for the other kids just use the season to stay fit.

Anonymous #730770 12/10/19 12:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This All State first team list does not include any defenders. This List is a joke. There is not one defender in all of NYS to make this list? Or is the first team reserved for offensive players only? If you are using the word “team” in your award selection, then pick an All State team based on best players in their position.

Before all you people start posting I must be a disgruntled defender parent, my kid is an offensive player and on a list.

Larry Miller #730773 12/10/19 08:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This list is like a participation trophy. Why do you need 5,6,7 teams per class. this award should be an honor given to the best of the best. I also agree withe above poster, there should be additional defenders included. Who votes on these awards?

Larry Miller #730775 12/10/19 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason there is no understanding or appreciating of defensive player quality and limited appreciation for excellent midfield play if it does not directly lead to a goal.

I dont know why this is but i know this...on all the teams my kid has played on over the years - the most critical overall player on the team has always been a defender and an unsung hero. We love you defenders even if you have to toil in obscurity.

-signed by a forward.

Anonymous #730776 12/10/19 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This list is like a participation trophy. Why do you need 5,6,7 teams per class. this award should be an honor given to the best of the best. I also agree withe above poster, there should be additional defenders included. Who votes on these awards?

Calling it a participation trophy is a bit of a stretch. There's thousands of girls that play NYS soccer, if it was a participation trophy you'd have a lot more than a couple hundred, which is what you have if you tally up Class AA, A, B, C & D teams. The 5,6,7 teams per class is representative of the top 1-2% or so, IE in Class AA there's close to 7000 players across NYS, so the top 77 make All-State.

I totally agree that Defenders are wayyy underrepresented, but that's on the HS coaches not the NYSSWA. The way it works is, the HS coaches submit players from their team that they feel should be included on All State teams. From there, the other coaches in the Section (county) vote on those players. The ones who get the most & most significant votes are then "nominated" and forwarded to the NYSSWA for evaluation. If HS coaches aren't putting forth their Defenders as top players, then they won't make the list.

I think each team should be truly representative of a team-2-3 A, 3-4 M, 3-4 D and a GK, whatever combo makes up 11. And like the other poster, I am not a disgruntled D parent-my kid made All State this year and plays M, I just think there should be a better representation of all positions.

Anonymous #730786 12/10/19 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling it a participation trophy is a bit of a stretch. There's thousands of girls that play NYS soccer, if it was a participation trophy you'd have a lot more than a couple hundred, which is what you have if you tally up Class AA, A, B, C & D teams. The 5,6,7 teams per class is representative of the top 1-2% or so, IE in Class AA there's close to 7000 players across NYS, so the top 77 make All-State.

I totally agree that Defenders are wayyy underrepresented, but that's on the HS coaches not the NYSSWA. The way it works is, the HS coaches submit players from their team that they feel should be included on All State teams. From there, the other coaches in the Section (county) vote on those players. The ones who get the most & most significant votes are then "nominated" and forwarded to the NYSSWA for evaluation. If HS coaches aren't putting forth their Defenders as top players, then they won't make the list.

I think each team should be truly representative of a team-2-3 A, 3-4 M, 3-4 D and a GK, whatever combo makes up 11. And like the other poster, I am not a disgruntled D parent-my kid made All State this year and plays M, I just think there should be a better representation of all positions.

An All State team should be able to perform on a field against another team. This current All State team would have no defenders playing. It’s basically coaches looking to get a trophy in their high school display case. Bush league award.

Larry Miller #730787 12/10/19 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not including any of the best defenders on the top honorary team in the state makes no sense. Shows no appreciation or understanding of soccer and the critical value of high quality defensive play.

Anonymous #730788 12/10/19 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Use same power system for individual players similar to team power rankings . Coaches have too much influence on who gets awards . Majority of major awards are predetermined . Kids that have been out with injuries most of year are still receiving All State ?

A few of the awards are justified but the majority are not . What level club soccer are the All State selections playing ? What major soccer colleges are they committed to ?
A lot of great defenders and defensive mids are left out and are high level college commits .

Anonymous #730795 12/10/19 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Use same power system for individual players similar to team power rankings . Coaches have too much influence on who gets awards . Majority of major awards are predetermined . Kids that have been out with injuries most of year are still receiving All State ?

A few of the awards are justified but the majority are not . What level club soccer are the All State selections playing ? What major soccer colleges are they committed to ?
A lot of great defenders and defensive mids are left out and are high level college commits .

Club and college commits have nothing to do with it, it's what the HS coaches see on the field. Like it or not, HS is a different style than club and if the top club kid can't adapt (although most do) that's on them.
I've seen Defenders from LI make 1st or 2nd team, but these kids were real lights out players that shut down all the top scorers and their coaches and the other coaches couldn't ignore them. Yes, there are plenty of kids that are deserving of accolades that get overlooked and a few that get them that are questionable and OF COURSE there are some politics at play but overall the lists are pretty decent.

Larry Miller #730796 12/10/19 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only looked at the first conference which is AA. Maybe the other conferences are more evenly represented. But in conference AA which from my understanding is an overall very competitive conference, there are 79 All State players listed. 10 are defenders. I mean come on.....that’s absurd. Those games for the most part are low scoring games. Not complete blow outs every game. No defenders make that first list?

Larry Miller #730798 12/10/19 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it is worth. For the HS players I have seen play on the club side - the earliest and most high level commits that I am aware to date have gone to middies and defenders.

Anonymous #730799 12/10/19 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately defenders get very little credit Most only care about offense yet defense keeps the game going. Would love to see offense go and play defense and see how it iis

Anonymous #730806 12/10/19 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately defenders get very little credit Most only care about offense yet defense keeps the game going. Would love to see offense go and play defense and see how it iis

that's the mind set of the high school coaches. it's poor to say the least.

Larry Miller #730809 12/10/19 06:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I’ve seen the best defenders can play any position including offense since they’re usually pretty good playing out the back dribbling and passing. I’ve also seen the best offensive players have their position reversed to the back and play completely out of position or just not being effective at all trying to stop the ball. I’m sure there are exceptions to this.

Larry Miller #730813 12/10/19 08:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I’ve seen the best defenders can play any position including offense since they’re usually pretty good playing out the back dribbling and passing. I’ve also seen the best offensive players have their position reversed to the back and play completely out of position or just not being effective at all trying to stop the ball. I’m sure there are exceptions to this.

HS coaches don't coach that way. They get set in their lineup and that's that. So while you're generally speaking correct, HS coaches are better at teaching science than knowing how to coach.

Anonymous #730814 12/10/19 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the DI All State selections did not have a lot of points . They played on winning teams with plenty of support. Meanwhile some kids that had double and triple the points did not get picked , while playing similar or tougher schedules. They were also on bad teams that they carried to playoffs .

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!