Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 443 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 30 of 41 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 40 41
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730703 12/09/19 07:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

un-freaking-believable

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730710 12/09/19 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This reminds me of Todd Marinovich. A former American football phenom who played quarter for the Raiders. Father pushed him from birth, then when he was on his own he couldn’t handle it and his life spiraled out of control.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730717 12/09/19 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need this Test at this age. His body is changing and those numbers will change really fast.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730719 12/09/19 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's not even that good. what's he doing at whole foods at 10am on a school day?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730721 12/09/19 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

un-freaking-believable

Its really nothing compared to little pre-teenage girls training for a spot on the US Olympic Gymnastics team. You want to see torture? go research the training regimin.

Losers always complain that something is "to hard" or "unnecessary".

The Truth is everyone says they want to be a "CHAMPION" but only 1/10,000 is will actually put in the work to make this happen....so the question is do you want to be a champion? Or do you just want to pretend that you want to be because it sounds cool?....This is a rhetorical question everyone should ask themselves.

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730722 12/09/19 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen various video of this young player but all dealt with the physical attributes of his game and the various training sessions he goes through. What I haven't seen and most of us want to know is what about the psychological aspects of his development? He's just a kid after all. What happens when he misses out on things kids his age should also be doing? Will he rebel or just plain old get burned out because this is his daddy's dream? Game after game, tournament after tournament, training and more training. Until the videos show the counterbalance to all the soccer, I'd agree with the post that potentially likens him to another Todd Marinovich.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730724 12/09/19 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen various video of this young player but all dealt with the physical attributes of his game and the various training sessions he goes through. What I haven't seen and most of us want to know is what about the psychological aspects of his development? He's just a kid after all. What happens when he misses out on things kids his age should also be doing? Will he rebel or just plain old get burned out because this is his daddy's dream? Game after game, tournament after tournament, training and more training. Until the videos show the counterbalance to all the soccer, I'd agree with the post that potentially likens him to another Todd Marinovich.

Work ethic is learned. Most kids would rather sit around and play video games. I applaud this guy as long as the kid enjoys it too. More then likely this kid doesn't know anything different then the way he is living his life. So to him he will only know how to work hard and will look back on these times as quality time with his father.

The fact is that everyone on this thread is all about puffing there chest about their kids and berating everyone else's. All barca parents think that their kids are better than NYCFC kids.

All parents think that their way of raising their kid is better than the way others raise theirs.

Just do your best with your kid and stop worrying about everyone else's.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730725 12/09/19 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

un-freaking-believable

Its really nothing compared to little pre-teenage girls training for a spot on the US Olympic Gymnastics team. You want to see torture? go research the training regimin.

The Truth is everyone says they want to be a "CHAMPION" but only 1/10,000 is will actually put in the work to make this happen....so the question is do you want to be a champion? Or do you just want to pretend that you want to be because it sounds cool?....This is a rhetorical question everyone should ask themselves.

Tell me one World Cup or champions league winning player who did crap like this at age 10. You can’t because they were playing street soccer or training with a local club a couple nights a week.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730726 12/09/19 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 year old kids are not supposed to train this much . It honestly isn’t healthy physically or mentally.

This kind of crap is why sports med doctors are starting to see more and more high school kids with previously unheard injuries at that age. And that is just the physical part.

If a kid has talent nurture it, don’t force it. Doesn’t mean a thing who is the best u11 player (except to the crazy dads out there).

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730728 12/09/19 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Work ethic is learned. Most kids would rather sit around and play video games. I applaud this guy as long as the kid enjoys it too. More then likely this kid doesn't know anything different then the way he is living his life. So to him he will only know how to work hard and will look back on these times as quality time with his father.

The fact is that everyone on this thread is all about puffing there chest about their kids and berating everyone else's. All barca parents think that their kids are better than NYCFC kids.

All parents think that their way of raising their kid is better than the way others raise theirs.

You definitely are the father.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730729 12/09/19 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730730 12/09/19 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730731 12/09/19 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

un-freaking-believable

thanks dad .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730733 12/09/19 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

un-freaking-believable

Tell me one World Cup or champions league winning player who did crap like this at age 10. You can’t because they were playing street soccer or training with a local club a couple nights a week.

you are definitely one of the 9,999. complaining. (and I suppose you are an expert on the Champions league players personal history to be making these educated statements yes?).

To respond to your dumb_ss statement "Tell me one World Cup or champions league winning player who did crap like this at age 10. You can’t because they were playing street soccer or training with a local club a couple nights a week."

I know of at least 10 nine and 10 year olds currently training/competing 7x week (this winter these kids will be playing about 7-8 games a weekend....these kids are as committed as the parents are. who knows what the future holds but i will tell you this, these kids will do whatever it is that is asked of them.
The ones that complain or cry about it....do not last.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730736 12/09/19 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 year old kids are not supposed to train this much . It honestly isn’t healthy physically or mentally.

This kind of crap is why sports med doctors are starting to see more and more high school kids with previously unheard injuries at that age. And that is just the physical part.

If a kid has talent nurture it, don’t force it. Doesn’t mean a thing who is the best u11 player (except to the crazy dads out there).

so with your reasoning all 10 year olds are the same and they should all be treated the same?
What exactly are you saying?

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730739 12/09/19 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And after those 96 or so games and the 84 or so practices let us know how many injuries there are. Listen, there are kids at that age that have more passion than others, but as someone who has seen this thru college you are setting your kids up for injury. Be smart now and stop boasting nonsense. An average 10 year old should not be soending that much time overusing their bodies. Boys are still developing until their early 20's. And before the insults get hurled about "oh your kid is a loser etc" I never said they shouldn't train or do indoor leagues in the winter, my point is stop the nonsense regarding there kids playing, working out 24 hours a day. Listen to those who have been there. Superstars at 10 get burnt out by the time they are college showcasing or are already on their 2nd surgery.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730740 12/09/19 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is the previous poster who is going on about kids playing every day of the week is insinuating that the ones that dont arent determined enough. Which is a lie.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730742 12/09/19 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

un-freaking-believable

you are definitely one of the 9,999. complaining. (and I suppose you are an expert on the Champions league players personal history to be making these educated statements yes?).

To respond to your dumb_ss statement "Tell me one World Cup or champions league winning player who did crap like this at age 10. You can’t because they were playing street soccer or training with a local club a couple nights a week."

I know of at least 10 nine and 10 year olds currently training/competing 7x week (this winter these kids will be playing about 7-8 games a weekend....these kids are as committed as the parents are. who knows what the future holds but i will tell you this, these kids will do whatever it is that is asked of them.
The ones that complain or cry about it....do not last.

Thanks dad again

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730743 12/09/19 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You definitely are the father.

I promise you I'm not. I just dont like how everyone is always bashing someone for giving the extra effort.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730753 12/09/19 04:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is at red bulls for a reason .

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730755 12/09/19 04:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This idiot dad knows nothing of development. If he did, he would not have his kid at red bulls preacademy. Take your kid to Barca for christ sake.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730762 12/09/19 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is at red bulls for a reason .

No at redbulls academy. He is at RDS pre academy which is different. RDS is all about money. Academy is about real talent

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730763 12/09/19 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This idiot dad knows nothing of development. If he did, he would not have his kid at red bulls preacademy. Take your kid to Barca for christ sake.

This kid has better training and recover methods than Real pros ! Judging by the shoes on the video they are filthy rich. Let’s see at 15 .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730771 12/10/19 06:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So f.... what ! Mind your own sh... you all are jealous . Kid is going to make it

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730777 12/10/19 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is a plan with this kid wont you do the same if you have the money and resources ? plus this kid is super talented and is at NYRB.he works twice or more than other boys for sure . he seems pretty happy doing it .

Reply Quote
Page 30 of 41 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 40 41
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15