Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 178 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge #730505 12/03/19 07:21 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
BOTN has obtained a copy of a Cease & Desist letter sent by FC SESA's attorney to Mike O'Malley, the president of the Oceanside United Soccer Club. It appears that the OUSC club has committed Trademark Infringement, and by doing so apparently have been "fooling" some parents and players seeking to play with FC SESA that the OUSC and FC SESA are somehow connected, which is not factual.

Furthermore, the OUSC has been using the FC SESA trademark to further their club player membership. OUSC has been given until December 10, 2019 to cease and desist the use of the FC SESA mark in any and every form or litigation will follow.

BOTN believes that FC SESA will move swiftly to get this issue before a judge with an Order To Show Cause legal procedure.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730512 12/03/19 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which mark? And why on earth would ousc do that? FC sesa? What do they have to gain?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730513 12/04/19 12:44 AM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which mark? And why on earth would ousc do that? FC sesa? What do they have to gain?

Which mark? FC SESA, their name is their trademark and it appears that the Oceanside United soccer club has also been doing business and trading under both the Oceanside United soccer club and FC SESA. They can’t do that.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730517 12/04/19 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised how/why a not for profit organization could/would use FC seas for any type of gain? I can’t imagine how that could help ousc - but who knows anymore

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730519 12/04/19 09:10 AM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
From the inception of Oceanside based FC SESA as a better and higher-end alternative to the OUSC, the OUSC club went on the offensive and what they are going be brought into for, IMO is indefensible. What I am trying to find out is whether or not it will just be the club that will be sued or will individual board members also be included should OUSC take a macho stand? Know Mike O'Malley, I expect him to act like the dick he is, and has shown himself to be to me and others and force litigation.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730529 12/04/19 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We cant wait for O"Malley to get booted from here

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730532 12/04/19 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oceanside soccer club is and was always scared of losing players. FC SESA is now growing quickly it seems. Didn't FC SESA start out of Oceanside originally?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730535 12/04/19 12:27 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Oceanside soccer club is and was always scared of losing players. FC SESA is now growing quickly it seems. Didn't FC SESA start out of Oceanside originally?

Yes, and therein lies why the club did what they and are still doing. FC SESA still is based in Oceanside and I am of the belief that SESA has taken enough questionable behavior of crap from OUSC.

I'm trying to find out if the individual board members are also going to be sued if the club doesn't get religion by the Dec. 10 date they were given to cease and desist.

BTW, I understand that Karen Meagher is also somehow involved in this mess, but I have yet to get the details...but I will grin

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730542 12/04/19 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Which mark? FC SESA, their name is their trademark and it appears that the Oceanside United soccer club has also been doing business and trading under both the Oceanside United soccer club and FC SESA. They can’t do that.

How the heck can oceanside use the FC Sesa name? Is that what's driving this?

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730543 12/04/19 01:35 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

How the heck can oceanside use the FC Sesa name? Is that what's driving this?

Yes

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730581 12/05/19 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike O'Malley is the worst president in the history of low-level oceanside soccer. He has no sense of soccer and even less clue on how to run the club. He is the reason why the club is a REC level at best. All the better players always leave and when parents address any issues with Mike all he does is dismiss people. The entire board is full of it as well. This is the problem with town soccer on Long Island! The boards are run by people who never even kicked a soccer ball growing up and to make it even worse they hire a 3rd party training organization like the Redbulls thinking they will be good for the club but instead, they are CRAP. Oceanside is bitter at FC SESA for being the real academy format and growing so quickly but the truth of the matter is oceanside should take an example from that and turn things around to save the players that really do play a good level of soccer. If you don't believe me then look at the RVC soccer club, they are bleeding and all the parents are leaving to FC SESA, East Meadow, and others. Good Guy Mike!!! you destroyed the club and we took our kids out of the club and so will others. Soon you will be left with kids that pick their nose on the fields lol. IDIOT!!!

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730583 12/05/19 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike O'Malley is the worst president in the history of low-level oceanside soccer. He has no sense of soccer and even less clue on how to run the club. He is the reason why the club is a REC level at best. All the better players always leave and when parents address any issues with Mike all he does is dismiss people. The entire board is full of it as well. This is the problem with town soccer on Long Island! The boards are run by people who never even kicked a soccer ball growing up and to make it even worse they hire a 3rd party training organization like the Redbulls thinking they will be good for the club but instead, they are CRAP. Oceanside is bitter at FC SESA for being the real academy format and growing so quickly but the truth of the matter is oceanside should take an example from that and turn things around to save the players that really do play a good level of soccer. If you don't believe me then look at the RVC soccer club, they are bleeding and all the parents are leaving to FC SESA, East Meadow, and others. Good Guy Mike!!! you destroyed the club and we took our kids out of the club and so will others. Soon you will be left with kids that pick their nose on the fields lol. IDIOT!!!

HAHA so true and sad!

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Larry Miller] #730590 12/05/19 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Oceanside players/parents that are fed up with the BS should look at New Hyde Park. We left for their program 2 years ago and couldn't be happier! Their U12 girls program is off the charts... FTJ

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730607 12/05/19 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand. This doesn't seem to make sense. Can somebody please post examples of OUSC using the Sesa name or symbol so I can see what they're talking about.

Reply Quote
Re: FC SESA v. Oceanside United Soccer Club - Here Comes the Judge [Re: Anonymous] #730609 12/05/19 05:50 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I don't understand. This doesn't seem to make sense. Can somebody please post examples of OUSC using the Sesa name or symbol so I can see what they're talking about.

I can but I won’t at this time. Let’s see if O’Malley and his board fix the problem and adhere to the Cease & Desist letter.

If they don’t I will publish it along with the lawsuit papers after they are served.

It is my opinion that what OUSC is doing to FC SESA is lower than dog [****]. OUSC will be held accountable based on my conversations with FC SESA. The question I'm waiting to find out is if any of the board members individually are liable? Then again, the club probably has Directors Insurance which will probably cover them.

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Globall Thanksgiving 12/1
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
Southampton Cup FL 12/7