Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 217 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaņol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730032 11/19/19 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that 3 whole players at NYCFC....oooooh. What the poster was saying is that until you get to the older ages, lets say u14 really at the youngest - that none of this really matters. To be talking about u10 players and forecasting out that they are MLS DA players to be is laughable and simply shows how little you really know. Susa is a large local LI travel team that is very well funded but how can they have the same amount of players at NYCFC as a small local travel program like Dix Hills. I surmise either Susa isn't nearly the #susastrong powerhouse you idiots claim OR Dix Hills is much better than given credit for. That being said, the DH players are older well established highly though of products of the NYCFC system and already in the US YNT pool. I'm just guessing here but the Susa players there are part of the u12's or some very young age group that hasnt hit puberty yet. You live in a bubble in LI, MLS clubs like NYCFC bring players from all over the country and yes world down weekly, monthly & yearly and only the strongest survive. While Susa claims to be a pathway to MLS DA and promotes, I'd bet nobody on that U10 Dix Hills team even has the slightest clue about some of the players that came thru their club when younger. Point simply was, slow your roll and enjoy these younger years. I guarantee you'll enjoy them if you keep the right perspective.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730033 11/19/19 06:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play for the love of the game,stop this nonsense,those that make it to the pros are athletes that love the game,going DA does not make any difference .same player pool,mediocre coaching.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730034 11/19/19 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm so confused,when is winning important and when is it not,u10,u13,u16?

Frankly, it's not important until the player is getting paid to win. U10, U13, U16......if you have a kid that likes soccer, your goal as a parent is to not ruin that for the kid during those years.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730044 11/20/19 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made this spreadsheet to keep track of the scores from CSL. Please put in any scores that you know. You can also copy+paste to make sheets for other divisions / age groups.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NdHQ0lNYkyaD7eTxA5NfW0SSCUckooqa3y_G5MGyG5Q/edit#gid=0

I really did not think this forum could go any further into the toilet, but then this was posted and I realized I was wrong. On a larger scale, this perfectly exemplifies everything that is wrong with youth soccer in this country. On a smaller scale, whoever did this is an absolute moron.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730051 11/20/19 04:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is making the B2004 thread look good. And the 2004 thread is as pathetic and full of miscreants as they come! These 2010 parents will easily surpass the stupidity of the 2004 thread.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730055 11/20/19 07:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that 3 whole players at NYCFC....oooooh. What the poster was saying is that until you get to the older ages, lets say u14 really at the youngest - that none of this really matters. To be talking about u10 players and forecasting out that they are MLS DA players to be is laughable and simply shows how little you really know. Susa is a large local LI travel team that is very well funded but how can they have the same amount of players at NYCFC as a small local travel program like Dix Hills. I surmise either Susa isn't nearly the #susastrong powerhouse you idiots claim OR Dix Hills is much better than given credit for. That being said, the DH players are older well established highly though of products of the NYCFC system and already in the US YNT pool. I'm just guessing here but the Susa players there are part of the u12's or some very young age group that hasnt hit puberty yet. You live in a bubble in LI, MLS clubs like NYCFC bring players from all over the country and yes world down weekly, monthly & yearly and only the strongest survive. While Susa claims to be a pathway to MLS DA and promotes, I'd bet nobody on that U10 Dix Hills team even has the slightest clue about some of the players that came thru their club when younger. Point simply was, slow your roll and enjoy these younger years. I guarantee you'll enjoy them if you keep the right perspective.

Kozy did not develop 1 DH kid for nycfc and stop talking about kids from DH that played there many years ago before susa or Barca are what they are today. That's like someone saying kk put 10 kids in nycfc but means crap now because kk is not what they used to be just 3 yrs ago.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730065 11/21/19 07:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right, the two NYCFC players that were from Dix Hills and referenced in the previous post did play for DH many years ago when they were much younger. It was at an age like U10 so agree, it should not even matter because its such a young age. Hold on, wait - this is a U10 thread so kind of relevant. You cant have it both ways, why should U10 mean more now? Kozy had NOTHING to do with the development of these two former DH players. I remember when both those top NYCFC boys played for DH when they were little and each started for teams coached by fathers and volunteers at this age. Point is, DH can take as much credit (or truthfully more) as they have two of NYCFC's top players where Barca & Susa have developed nothing at this point for the MLS DA teams except a couple of youngsters. Take some advice from someone that has seen this for a few years, before Farca and Susa, there was Albertson & Atletico. In a few years, Farca & Susa will be gone, and the next new flavor will be here. Ask yourself this though, I know KK & Danny Leon are very well respected at MLS level and have direct line to their scouts, I would seriously doubt the Farca's, Susa's or FS are even really on their radar at all.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730067 11/21/19 08:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is nice at any age but point was keep it in perspective bc at u10, development means more than wins. At every year, wins mean more but never at the sacrifice of continued improvement. At u10, they are still babies - just enjoy the ride and stop acting like such idiots. If your son is the messi you think he may be, you'll know in about 5 years, certainly not now.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730079 11/21/19 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right, the two NYCFC players that were from Dix Hills and referenced in the previous post did play for DH many years ago when they were much younger. It was at an age like U10 so agree, it should not even matter because its such a young age. Hold on, wait - this is a U10 thread so kind of relevant. You cant have it both ways, why should U10 mean more now? Kozy had NOTHING to do with the development of these two former DH players. I remember when both those top NYCFC boys played for DH when they were little and each started for teams coached by fathers and volunteers at this age. Point is, DH can take as much credit (or truthfully more) as they have two of NYCFC's top players where Barca & Susa have developed nothing at this point for the MLS DA teams except a couple of youngsters. Take some advice from someone that has seen this for a few years, before Farca and Susa, there was Albertson & Atletico. In a few years, Farca & Susa will be gone, and the next new flavor will be here. Ask yourself this though, I know KK & Danny Leon are very well respected at MLS level and have direct line to their scouts, I would seriously doubt the Farca's, Susa's or FS are even really on their radar at all.

Wrong! NYCFC has tried poaching kids from BARCA. As a matter a FACT. They were successful in poaching a 2006 player from BARCA who is now arguably NYCFC best U14 player. They are also after his brother who at U12 is also a great player. You really need to get a clue. MLS DA does not have the scouting resources to find all great players. The only reason they came across this player from BARCA was because BARCA reached out to them for some friendlies. I bet you're one of those parents that think all the best players are playing DA.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730082 11/21/19 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! NYCFC has tried poaching kids from BARCA. As a matter a FACT. They were successful in poaching a 2006 player from BARCA who is now arguably NYCFC best U14 player. They are also after his brother who at U12 is also a great player. You really need to get a clue. MLS DA does not have the scouting resources to find all great players. The only reason they came across this player from BARCA was because BARCA reached out to them for some friendlies. I bet you're one of those parents that think all the best players are playing DA.

Are you sure? I thought it was NYCFCs City Select League where all the top clubs signed up for.
Very smart of NYCFC to do this....This is like the wolf setting up a dinner party and invited all the sheep.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730083 11/21/19 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Best 06 player is not even playing 06 at nycfc.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730084 11/21/19 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this fake Barca narrative about how many great players they have that city wants to get. Fact is that the majority of the kids at Barca would jump on the opportunity if offered.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730086 11/21/19 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this fake Barca narrative about how many great players they have that city wants to get. Fact is that the majority of the kids at Barca would jump on the opportunity if offered.

wrong, its just like any other club. If the kid is happy, they will want to stay. If not, they will go elsewhere....and round and round we go.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #730087 11/21/19 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is like debating with an idiot but the truth is its simply someone without a clue. I'll give you a few FACTS. One - any player at FARCA would jump for opportunity at NYCFC so no poaching required as the class in organization isnt even comparable. Two - the 06 ex Farca player you are referring to spent less than a year at Farca and while a good player, not even close to best player on the 06's. Best player is playing years up where the 06 you are referring to is simply on age. From what I understand, the ex-farca player is not highly regarded within NYCFC. Third, where we agree is not all best players play DA. Huge disparity in quality on most mid-level DA teams like MO, BWG, etc. There is a reason why the best players end up at MLS DA teams and that is so they have the ability to train & develop among the other top players. When you get to a fully funded program, it is a very different animal. For you to have the balls to compare Farca to a NYCFC is insane and to believe you can forecast out that a U10 player is a shoe-in for MLS DA simply shows how little you actually know. This all started when you stepped on a local travel team like Dix Hills to fly your Farca & Susa flag as the only real pathway to MLS DA. In reality, the one thing you wont dispute is that two players that started at Dix Hills are stars of the NYCFC DA program and part of the US YNT program having played all over the world. When Farca, Susa, etc even has one player reach that level, then you have the right to come back here and crow and to be clear, your 06 doesnt even come close to measuring to that bar. Argument could be made that DH & KK programs are superior based on development of older players but I'm just using results instead of rose colored projections.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #730102 11/21/19 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comparing KK in its heyday and DH now is a joke.

Reply Quote
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Globall Thanksgiving 12/1
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
Southampton Cup FL 12/7