Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 169 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729926 11/17/19 01:00 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I looked on the DA page for FC Fury and the u16 team is no longer listed. Several players from that group are now listed on the roster for U17. Does that mean that the U16 team was disbanded?

Tough to run a team with <11 players. If players had other mid year places to go there might not be any teams

Yes, with the suspensions they could not go forward. Those players/team will play in the EDP league this season. This will be the last season of DA for FC Fury / Albertson collaboration, they will be retuning to ECNL come next Fall.

So 3 teams in Long Island will have girls ECNL? Larry?

If you mean 3 clubs, the answer is NO. Should US Club be stupid enough to give Riley back the ECNL then it would be time for all of you to have a serious chat with your kids to seek out another youth sport, or maybe consider the sport of reading and studying to fill the time running laps!!

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729934 11/17/19 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I looked on the DA page for FC Fury and the u16 team is no longer listed. Several players from that group are now listed on the roster for U17. Does that mean that the U16 team was disbanded?

Tough to run a team with <11 players. If players had other mid year places to go there might not be any teams

Yes, with the suspensions they could not go forward. Those players/team will play in the EDP league this season. This will be the last season of DA for FC Fury / Albertson collaboration, they will be retuning to ECNL come next Fall.

Who is saying that? PR? The same person who said Albertson wasn't being booted from ECNL? Umm, ECNL has already moved on with SUSA.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729937 11/17/19 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is saying that? PR? The same person who said Albertson wasn't being booted from ECNL? Umm, ECNL has already moved on with SUSA.

Omg, you parents have some serious battered partner syndrome with this guy. If you believe anything he says, much less his ECNL garbage, you really need your collective heads examined. Ain't happening. Shame on Riley for suggesting to parents this could happen.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729946 11/18/19 07:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way they get ECNL. Moving forward they are an EDP or NPL club. Only way that changes is if PR is completely gone (sells?), the club rebuilds and can show multiple years of better performance. Currently the area doesn't need another ECNL club, but as we know the landscape is always changing too. There could be a another "top" ABC leagues three years from now sowing more chaos. Current players in the recruiting window or close to it won't wait around for that to happen. Anyone that can land a decent spot now or for next fall will be gone.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729987 11/18/19 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's playing futsal on Thanksgiving! This guy is incredibly desperate. So no DA next year, no ECNL, guess you all will be playing futsal and jack up your fees again.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729991 11/19/19 07:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's playing futsal on Thanksgiving! This guy is incredibly desperate. So no DA next year, no ECNL, guess you all will be playing futsal and jack up your fees again.

Not a Fury parent (honestly, I think they screwed themselves so I give them no sympathy) but I also don't get coming onto a site and rubbing salt in the wounds. Typically, there's two ways to make yourself look good:

1) Do a good job
2) Make the other guy look bad

Don't be a #2....literally and figuratively....

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #730000 11/19/19 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Fury parent (honestly, I think they screwed themselves so I give them no sympathy) but I also don't get coming onto a site and rubbing salt in the wounds. Typically, there's two ways to make yourself look good:

1) Do a good job
2) Make the other guy look bad

Don't be a #2....literally and figuratively....

I am happy to dee you finally got your own marketing machine to help curtail the mud slinging.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730015 11/19/19 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730018 11/19/19 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Thank you for your two cents Mrs Brady. Now address this to Mr Riley who clearly has a different view of things.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730019 11/19/19 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Not sure what you read but I agree with your statement. When both my daughters were being recruited there were schools that only emphasized the soccer and very little about the school itself. Then there were schools who would end there conversation with your line which is if you got hurt and could not play for the rest of the season or worse you cannot play again would you still want to be at this college. It was a great thought provoking point that meant a lot to my daughters and helped them shape there decision about what college to attend. Unfortunately for a lot of girls it's soccer first and give little thought to the social interaction of the overall college experience. Too many who do not play the first year or little the second season are miserable because they do not like the college and are there for soccer and then just transfer to programs that give them more opportunities rather than the academic which should come first. This happens more than you think.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #730052 11/20/19 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard PR was back at the fury practice last night. All these stupid parents are wasting their money sending their kids to fury. He may be back but not for long and the only reason he came is to try to stop the ship from sinking.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730053 11/20/19 05:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly people need to stop bringing down a club that they aren't at. If your daughter is not at Fury anyway, then why do you care what will possibly happen to the club. Paul Riley was there and that is a good step. Why don't you worry about your own kid and If you really thought the girls at fury were horrible and no competition, then you wouldn't be on an anonymus site trashing them.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730056 11/20/19 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard PR was back at the fury practice last night. All these stupid parents are wasting their money sending their kids to fury. He may be back but not for long and the only reason he came is to try to stop the ship from sinking.

If you’re not a member of the club, why would you care, you moronic imbecile?

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730057 11/20/19 10:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly people need to stop bringing down a club that they aren't at. If your daughter is not at Fury anyway, then why do you care what will possibly happen to the club. Paul Riley was there and that is a good step. Why don't you worry about your own kid and If you really thought the girls at fury were horrible and no competition, then you wouldn't be on an anonymus site trashing them.

Go back and read the last 30 pages then come back with an argument for your comment.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #730058 11/20/19 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re not a member of the club, why would you care, you moronic imbecile?

I
Did you throw him a welcome back for two months party? When's the next meeting so he can tout the success of his non existent futsal league?

You poor naive people. Has he helped get your kid committed yet?

Reply Quote
Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
SUSA Xmas Week 12/26
Holiday Cup Tournament 12/28