New York Surf Severs their affiliation with UST
by Larry Miller - 07/10/20 12:48 AM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 07/09/20 11:44 PM
*VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE* ABOUT UST AND DIX HILLS SC
by Anonymous - 07/09/20 11:19 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 07/09/20 10:58 PM
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 07/09/20 10:42 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Chicago V
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 56 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 55 56
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #730055 11/20/19 08:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is that 3 whole players at NYCFC....oooooh. What the poster was saying is that until you get to the older ages, lets say u14 really at the youngest - that none of this really matters. To be talking about u10 players and forecasting out that they are MLS DA players to be is laughable and simply shows how little you really know. Susa is a large local LI travel team that is very well funded but how can they have the same amount of players at NYCFC as a small local travel program like Dix Hills. I surmise either Susa isn't nearly the #susastrong powerhouse you idiots claim OR Dix Hills is much better than given credit for. That being said, the DH players are older well established highly though of products of the NYCFC system and already in the US YNT pool. I'm just guessing here but the Susa players there are part of the u12's or some very young age group that hasnt hit puberty yet. You live in a bubble in LI, MLS clubs like NYCFC bring players from all over the country and yes world down weekly, monthly & yearly and only the strongest survive. While Susa claims to be a pathway to MLS DA and promotes, I'd bet nobody on that U10 Dix Hills team even has the slightest clue about some of the players that came thru their club when younger. Point simply was, slow your roll and enjoy these younger years. I guarantee you'll enjoy them if you keep the right perspective.

Kozy did not develop 1 DH kid for nycfc and stop talking about kids from DH that played there many years ago before susa or Barca are what they are today. That's like someone saying kk put 10 kids in nycfc but means crap now because kk is not what they used to be just 3 yrs ago.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #730065 11/21/19 08:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right, the two NYCFC players that were from Dix Hills and referenced in the previous post did play for DH many years ago when they were much younger. It was at an age like U10 so agree, it should not even matter because its such a young age. Hold on, wait - this is a U10 thread so kind of relevant. You cant have it both ways, why should U10 mean more now? Kozy had NOTHING to do with the development of these two former DH players. I remember when both those top NYCFC boys played for DH when they were little and each started for teams coached by fathers and volunteers at this age. Point is, DH can take as much credit (or truthfully more) as they have two of NYCFC's top players where Barca & Susa have developed nothing at this point for the MLS DA teams except a couple of youngsters. Take some advice from someone that has seen this for a few years, before Farca and Susa, there was Albertson & Atletico. In a few years, Farca & Susa will be gone, and the next new flavor will be here. Ask yourself this though, I know KK & Danny Leon are very well respected at MLS level and have direct line to their scouts, I would seriously doubt the Farca's, Susa's or FS are even really on their radar at all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730067 11/21/19 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is nice at any age but point was keep it in perspective bc at u10, development means more than wins. At every year, wins mean more but never at the sacrifice of continued improvement. At u10, they are still babies - just enjoy the ride and stop acting like such idiots. If your son is the messi you think he may be, you'll know in about 5 years, certainly not now.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730079 11/21/19 01:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right, the two NYCFC players that were from Dix Hills and referenced in the previous post did play for DH many years ago when they were much younger. It was at an age like U10 so agree, it should not even matter because its such a young age. Hold on, wait - this is a U10 thread so kind of relevant. You cant have it both ways, why should U10 mean more now? Kozy had NOTHING to do with the development of these two former DH players. I remember when both those top NYCFC boys played for DH when they were little and each started for teams coached by fathers and volunteers at this age. Point is, DH can take as much credit (or truthfully more) as they have two of NYCFC's top players where Barca & Susa have developed nothing at this point for the MLS DA teams except a couple of youngsters. Take some advice from someone that has seen this for a few years, before Farca and Susa, there was Albertson & Atletico. In a few years, Farca & Susa will be gone, and the next new flavor will be here. Ask yourself this though, I know KK & Danny Leon are very well respected at MLS level and have direct line to their scouts, I would seriously doubt the Farca's, Susa's or FS are even really on their radar at all.

Wrong! NYCFC has tried poaching kids from BARCA. As a matter a FACT. They were successful in poaching a 2006 player from BARCA who is now arguably NYCFC best U14 player. They are also after his brother who at U12 is also a great player. You really need to get a clue. MLS DA does not have the scouting resources to find all great players. The only reason they came across this player from BARCA was because BARCA reached out to them for some friendlies. I bet you're one of those parents that think all the best players are playing DA.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730082 11/21/19 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! NYCFC has tried poaching kids from BARCA. As a matter a FACT. They were successful in poaching a 2006 player from BARCA who is now arguably NYCFC best U14 player. They are also after his brother who at U12 is also a great player. You really need to get a clue. MLS DA does not have the scouting resources to find all great players. The only reason they came across this player from BARCA was because BARCA reached out to them for some friendlies. I bet you're one of those parents that think all the best players are playing DA.

Are you sure? I thought it was NYCFCs City Select League where all the top clubs signed up for.
Very smart of NYCFC to do this....This is like the wolf setting up a dinner party and invited all the sheep.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730083 11/21/19 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Best 06 player is not even playing 06 at nycfc.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730084 11/21/19 02:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this fake Barca narrative about how many great players they have that city wants to get. Fact is that the majority of the kids at Barca would jump on the opportunity if offered.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730086 11/21/19 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this fake Barca narrative about how many great players they have that city wants to get. Fact is that the majority of the kids at Barca would jump on the opportunity if offered.

wrong, its just like any other club. If the kid is happy, they will want to stay. If not, they will go elsewhere....and round and round we go.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730087 11/21/19 04:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is like debating with an idiot but the truth is its simply someone without a clue. I'll give you a few FACTS. One - any player at FARCA would jump for opportunity at NYCFC so no poaching required as the class in organization isnt even comparable. Two - the 06 ex Farca player you are referring to spent less than a year at Farca and while a good player, not even close to best player on the 06's. Best player is playing years up where the 06 you are referring to is simply on age. From what I understand, the ex-farca player is not highly regarded within NYCFC. Third, where we agree is not all best players play DA. Huge disparity in quality on most mid-level DA teams like MO, BWG, etc. There is a reason why the best players end up at MLS DA teams and that is so they have the ability to train & develop among the other top players. When you get to a fully funded program, it is a very different animal. For you to have the balls to compare Farca to a NYCFC is insane and to believe you can forecast out that a U10 player is a shoe-in for MLS DA simply shows how little you actually know. This all started when you stepped on a local travel team like Dix Hills to fly your Farca & Susa flag as the only real pathway to MLS DA. In reality, the one thing you wont dispute is that two players that started at Dix Hills are stars of the NYCFC DA program and part of the US YNT program having played all over the world. When Farca, Susa, etc even has one player reach that level, then you have the right to come back here and crow and to be clear, your 06 doesnt even come close to measuring to that bar. Argument could be made that DH & KK programs are superior based on development of older players but I'm just using results instead of rose colored projections.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730102 11/22/19 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comparing KK in its heyday and DH now is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730104 11/22/19 08:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very True

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730106 11/22/19 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe anybody was comparing KK to DH as clearly KK was a superior program and a large travel/academy style organization and DH has always been a small local town travel team. Think they were comparing the fact that both KK & DH have placed multiple high level players at NYCFC's older/most competitive age group and that Farca/Susa have haven't accomplished anything even close to that. Winning u10 local tournaments and then projecting yourself out as the superior program that will have "many" MLS DA future players is what the actual joke is. Instead of belittling programs like KK & DH, how about respecting the fact that some of the top players that LI has developed over the last 10 years came thru both and keeping your mouths shut about the cash grabbing Farca/Susa's of the world until you actually accomplish any real player development worth crowing about. For what it's worth, there are only 2 coaches on LI that NYCFC or RB listen to as a pathway to MLS DA and neither is with Farca or Susa. KK remains one of the most respected trainers in the metropolitan area and you can find many of the top players that are not even part of Atletico working out with him in the off season or training before YNT camps.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730107 11/22/19 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuse my ignorance: what is KK?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730108 11/22/19 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KK never compared to DH of old! They had club teams ranked nationally in many age groups! At least a half dozen players went on to play in MLS from DH before KK ever existed! You newbies are straight stupid!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730110 11/22/19 11:35 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
KK never compared to DH of old! They had club teams ranked nationally in many age groups! At least a half dozen players went on to play in MLS from DH before KK ever existed! You newbies are straight stupid!

MLS players? Can you name those players the teams from Dick Hills they came from in the MLS teams they played for?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730121 11/22/19 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm assuming the person that posted regarding Dix Hills SC misspoke - I am familiar with the club and know of only 2 players that moved eventually to be MLS DA players. Both are with NYCFC and pretty sure they play for u17 & u15. DH may have had some good travel teams many years that won national tournaments but don't believe any of those players played in MLS DA programs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730123 11/22/19 01:01 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I'm assuming the person that posted regarding Dix Hills SC misspoke - I am familiar with the club and know of only 2 players that moved eventually to be MLS DA players. Both are with NYCFC and pretty sure they play for u17 & u15. DH may have had some good travel teams many years that won national tournaments but don't believe any of those players played in MLS DA programs.

The way the post reads the players went to MLS Pro teams....that is what I was questioning.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730285 11/27/19 07:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DH players go to neverland ranch

Parents beware

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730294 11/27/19 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you even implying with that gross insinuation? What DH does have is 2 players age u15 & above that have moved on to be top players within NYCFC academy and part of US YNT programs. That is 2 more players combined than Susa, Farca or FS have placed within MLS academy programs in the older ages. Guess you can point to the Barca program in AZ as they have placed many players but there is NO connection btw Barca in AZ and the franchised joke in LI.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730296 11/27/19 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you even implying with that gross insinuation? What DH does have is 2 players age u15 & above that have moved on to be top players within NYCFC academy and part of US YNT programs. That is 2 more players combined than Susa, Farca or FS have placed within MLS academy programs in the older ages. Guess you can point to the Barca program in AZ as they have placed many players but there is NO connection btw Barca in AZ and the franchised joke in LI.

the only difference between the Barca in AZ and the one in NY is that the Casa Grande location is a joint venure with FC Barcelona and the NY location is fully owned and operated by FC Barcelona.

Perhaps with some minimal research on your end you will discover this on your own. However, sounds like you have too much unfounded hatred to look at this open minded.

The Barca NY is only in its 3rd year...obviously they need time to grow and legitimize themselves in the NY market.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730302 11/27/19 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FC Barcelona would have nothing to do with the local Barca LI franchise which is primarily owned by a well known felon and armed car robber KD which you would know if you did some minimal research. Listen, Barca is a great and recognizable name but if this was the real thing, you would not be in the 3rd tier after MLS DA's and then local DA's like MO & BWG. Barca is one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, why would they not fully fund your travel teams (notice i didnt say academy teams) like MLS teams do which do not have the same financial means as a Barca and may allow you to recruit the top players. Real Barca would own their own facilities, Farca would not. Face it and I hate to burst your bubble but this is a well disguised cash grab that you probably wont realize until your kids get older but you heard it here first. If you dispute anything I said here, why dont you ask and defer to Larry to weigh in with his two cents as I know he has no patience for any unscrupulous characters associated with youth soccer

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730308 11/27/19 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FC Barcelona would have nothing to do with the local Barca LI franchise which is primarily owned by a well known felon and armed car robber KD which you would know if you did some minimal research. Listen, Barca is a great and recognizable name but if this was the real thing, you would not be in the 3rd tier after MLS DA's and then local DA's like MO & BWG. Barca is one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, why would they not fully fund your travel teams (notice i didnt say academy teams) like MLS teams do which do not have the same financial means as a Barca and may allow you to recruit the top players. Real Barca would own their own facilities, Farca would not. Face it and I hate to burst your bubble but this is a well disguised cash grab that you probably wont realize until your kids get older but you heard it here first. If you dispute anything I said here, why dont you ask and defer to Larry to weigh in with his two cents as I know he has no patience for any unscrupulous characters associated with youth soccer

I dont care about anyones 2 cents. I care about the facts only,

The fact that Barca is not yet DA is because they don't yet meet all the criteria for getting DA status (they need fields as part of the criteria) someday this will happen. But when they do (who knows when) it will just be another option for their top players.

as far as Keith Delucia, I did research him, he did something monumentally stupid when he was in his late teens/early 20s. Hes 50 something now (i'm sure we have all done stupid things we later regret)....as far as his connection with Barca NY, there is none, all he did was help broker the deal getting them to choose LI as there home base. I have not seen him around in perhaps 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730310 11/27/19 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get off your dh high horse. Its 2010 thread and kozy has never placed diddly squat.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730315 11/27/19 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody said Kozy, what they said was Dix Hills SC had a hand in developing what are 2 of NYCFC's top academy players that are also part of US YNT. both started at and played formative years at DH. More than you can say for Susa, Farca & FS.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730336 11/28/19 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Thanksgiving to all the negative parents and coaches out there. Be grateful you have healthy kids who enjoy soccer. Now please stop ruining their experience smile

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 56 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 55 56
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!