Anonymous #730050 11/20/19 04:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of movement for this age group! Why move when you have 6 months left of travel its nice to leave the rest of the team hanging! KARMA!

What the F are you talking about. Don't cast a stone if you live in a glass house.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
Larry Miller #730062 11/21/19 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of movement for this age group! Why move when you have 6 months left of travel its nice to leave the rest of the team hanging! KARMA!

What are you hanging on to?

Anonymous #730070 11/21/19 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you hanging on to?

Now maybe your kid will get some playing time so stop bitching

Anonymous #730071 11/21/19 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age group? WTF are you talking about? This is a High School thread there are many age groups here.

Anonymous #730074 11/21/19 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
same. coach picks

The other coaches definitely weigh in though. Other coaches know who their top players are and they take note of the kids who are challenging their top players. This is where the goggle wearing mommies and daddies lose their collective s*** when their Little Suzie doesn't get the award they think she deserves and her teammate (or club teammate) does instead.
Granted, there are always kids who deserve to be on these lists that get overlooked and there's definitely some politics at play, but not nearly as much as people want to believe.

Larry Miller #730075 11/21/19 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the girls get notified that they are invited to the awards dinner?

Anonymous #730077 11/21/19 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was notified like 2 weeks or so ago. We don't know what she is getting, just that she is getting an award. Her coach didn't tell her, he said he didn't know.

Anonymous #730078 11/21/19 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 2 weeks ago...

Anonymous #730125 11/22/19 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are All State Players selected? That is who picks them, any criteria?

If you are suspended from DA you are disqualified from consideration.

NO

Anonymous #730131 11/23/19 07:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DA and HS are actually battling entities. HS coaches want kids to leave DA and play HS.

Anonymous #730132 11/23/19 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DA and HS are actually battling entities. HS coaches want kids to leave DA and play HS.

HS coaches? What cred do most of these Earth Science or Intro to Algebra have?

Larry Miller #730173 11/25/19 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuesday is the big night for the girls in Suffolk . Let’s see how many GDA Girls get All county Awards Or better . Maybe we should take photos of their names in the booklet and send them into the federation.

Anonymous #730176 11/25/19 10:29 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Tuesday is the big night for the girls in Suffolk . Let’s see how many GDA Girls get All county Awards Or better . Maybe we should take photos of their names in the booklet and send them into the federation.

You come off as a great person, NOT. What a dick you are to even think to do something like that.

Anonymous #730177 11/25/19 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U r a DICK TMO

Larry Miller #730286 11/27/19 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the dinner came and went last nite
Upgrade in food from last year’s rubber chicken parm
All and All a nice nite as many of the girls from different schools have competed vs eachother for a few years in school ball and even longer on the club circuit
While I am not from Swr - I do think the team should have been acknowledged for the winning the state title - a goal every team aspires to but very few achieve
While most certainly a team game imo the individual awards were spot on
Esm goalie Carley Travers is a general on the field controlling her defense and holding most offense threats at bay game after game
HHH foward jordan levy for 2nd year winning best offensive player - what more needs to be said the girl can just flat out play the game at a extremely high level

Anonymous #730287 11/27/19 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All and All a nice nite as many of the girls from different schools have competed vs eachother for a few years in school ball and even longer on the club circuit
While I am not from Swr - I do think the team should have been acknowledged for the winning the state title - a goal every team aspires to but very few achieve
Esm goalie Carley Travers is a general on the field controlling her defense and holding most offense threats at bay game after game
HHH foward jordan levy for 2nd year winning best offensive player - what more needs to be said the girl can just flat out play the game at a extremely high level

The awards themselves are about the parents bragging rights. This is high school soccer and the night is about the team and what they achieved as a group during a long season. How they pulled together as one and enjoyed the whole high school experience. It was not pretty soccer nor was it as competitive as some of there club teams but they will remember the season as being part of a bigger experience which was playing with there school friends and the experience of the whole school being part of there games. That is what the high school season is about. Trust me when I tell you for those fortunate enough to be playing next year in college that moment of getting committed or signing the NLI two weeks ago is bigger than an award in high school but the experience of playing in high school is something they will never forget.

Anonymous #730288 11/27/19 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SWR definitely deserved a little more kudos, both individually and as a team. ESM GK is truly top notch. Not as impressed as you are with the HHH kid, good player but calling HS games extremely high level is a bit of a stretch.

Anonymous #730289 11/27/19 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't even remember the announcer saying SWR won the states. We were confused at our table and many coaches and parents were talking about it. Suffolk doesn't have a state winner that often.... thought it would have been a bigger deal. Would have thought that section xi would have been proud.

Anonymous #730298 11/27/19 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't even remember the announcer saying SWR won the states. We were confused at our table and many coaches and parents were talking about it. Suffolk doesn't have a state winner that often.... thought it would have been a bigger deal. Would have thought that section xi would have been proud.

You can bet if Islip had won States, the whole room would've been forced to give the team a 10 minute standing ovation, lol. Ever notice how many POYs & All-Americans come out of Islip? Must be the water, lol. It is what it is...glad my kid is done with all of this, she had a great ride with her school teammates and at the end of the day that's what it's all about:)

Anonymous #730303 11/27/19 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can bet if Islip had won States, the whole room would've been forced to give the team a 10 minute standing ovation, lol. Ever notice how many POYs & All-Americans come out of Islip? Must be the water, lol. It is what it is...glad my kid is done with all of this, she had a great ride with her school teammates and at the end of the day that's what it's all about:)

Or Smithtown West for that matter. Unless you are Northport, SW, and West Islip you don't matter. They messed up on a few things last night but much better than last year!!

What was with the Refs? They should have given them rule books and a test.

Anonymous #730309 11/27/19 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing with Massapequa. Bruce for president. Or maybe he is already

Anonymous #730318 11/27/19 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing with Massapequa. Bruce for president. Or maybe he is already

I think that's what OP was saying. The Islip coach is president of Section XI Coaches association, so it's all about Islip all the time...even if a team from another school wins States. SMH

Anonymous #730323 11/27/19 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re going to start trashing massapequa before the dinner even happens? Why? So you can sai I told you so? The massapequa team was great - lots of superstars that deserve awards! You must be Nassau jealous!

Anonymous #730325 11/27/19 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re going to start trashing massapequa before the dinner even happens? Why? So you can sai I told you so? The massapequa team was great - lots of superstars that deserve awards! You must be Nassau jealous!

You almost lost to a Suffolk team you thought was beneath you.

Anonymous #730328 11/27/19 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But didn’t. The better “team” won.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!