Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 10:35 AM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/26/20 11:24 PM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 61 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 60 61
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #729999 11/19/19 11:29 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
which club has had the most state cup titles this past year? I think there is 2 cups right?

There is only one state cup, not two.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #730001 11/19/19 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
which club has had the most state cup titles this past year? I think there is 2 cups right?

There are 2 one is through NYCSL and US Club Soccer

The other is through LIJ (for us Islanders) and Eastern New York Youth Soccer

Anonymous #730002 11/19/19 11:50 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

https://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=74642

You are incorrect. The TOURNAMENT from NYCSL is NOT a state cup. It is a tournament that calls itself a state cup, but is not the State Cup which is only run by USYSA and locally/regionally by ENYYSA. You all need to be very clear on that issue.

If you or anyone believes that the NYCSL Cup is a legitimate state cup then you also believe in unicorns.. That tournament does not only cover the entire state, but not even the entire eastern part of the state while the USYSA State Cup covers the entire state via ENYYSA and the Western New York State Association.

I would also add that only USYSA has a state cup footprint in every state cover each state in totality while US Club does not...

Teams that play in LIJSL or EDP can qualify for placement in the USYSA State Cup and National Cup.

Larry Miller #730003 11/19/19 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What qualifies a tournament as a state cup? So it seems here we have 2 tournaments. Both are considered state cups by the masses. In fact, the NY Cup is more inclusive I think, no? Don't they cater to the for profits as well? If that is the case then wouldn't it be a better tournament to be called the state cup. I just know that if you look at the NY Cup in each age group you will find the vast majority of top teams in the state.

Larry Miller #730004 11/19/19 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=74642

You are incorrect. The TOURNAMENT from NYCSL is NOT a state cup. It is a tournament that calls itself a state cup, but is not the State Cup which is only run by USYSA and locally/regionally by ENYYSA. You all need to be very clear on that issue.

If you or anyone believes that the NYCSL Cup is a legitimate state cup then you also believe in unicorns.. That tournament does not only cover the entire state, but not even the entire eastern part of the state while the USYSA State Cup covers the entire state via ENYYSA and the Western New York State Association.

Hi Sir, Thank you for the clarification. But all this non-sense just indicates (as an example) how watered down our soccer structure is not only at a regional level but also at a national level.

How many national championship tournaments are there right now? (I guess I'm supporting your argument with this). Seems like every Youth Soccer Association has there own National Championship? Which one is legit? which ones just call themselves "the national championship"?
How can you have more than one National Champion?

Seams like this is all one big marketing gimmick...what a mess.

Anonymous #730005 11/19/19 12:13 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
What qualifies a tournament as a state cup? So it seems here we have 2 tournaments. Both are considered state cups by the masses. In fact, the NY Cup is more inclusive I think, no? Don't they cater to the for profits as well? If that is the case then wouldn't it be a better tournament to be called the state cup. I just know that if you look at the NY Cup in each age group you will find the vast majority of top teams in the state.

Again. It is a tournament. Period. Deal with it or not. For Profits like SUSA who play in EDP are also eligible to play in the real state cup through USYSA/ENYYSA.

The NY Cup does not include or cover the entire Eastern part of the state and no clubs/teams in the western part. The NY Cup is a tournament. It is not a/the state cup.

Anonymous #730006 11/19/19 12:16 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
You are correct. The NY Cup is a gimmick that generates a profit of approx $500,000 that goes directly to the owner of the NYCSL which is also a for profit league/business

The ENYYSA State Cup sanctioned nationally by USYSA has been the state cup since forever....going back about 40 years.

Anonymous #730007 11/19/19 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Point and I think proves my point of how much of a mess our soccer structure really is.

ENYSA seams to be the association with the deepest inclusion that covers the entire state BUT teams like Barca or SUSA can't compete in LIJ? this is all such a mess!!!

Anonymous #730008 11/19/19 12:31 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Good Point and I think proves my point of how much of a mess our soccer structure really is.

ENYSA seams to be the association with the deepest inclusion that covers the entire state BUT teams like Barca or SUSA can't compete in LIJ? this is all such a mess!!!

You missed my point on this ENYYSA inclusion. You are correct that SUSA and Barca, as well as other can't play in LIJ, but if they play in EDP, which SUSA does then they can play in the ENYYSA/USYSA State Cup. Summing it up, the ENYYSA State Cup is open to all. Got it?

Anonymous #730009 11/19/19 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always laugh when I come across these sort of posts in age groups as young as U10. My kids are older but can tell you 1) I have NO idea who FS but assume just a local town travel team so to put in perspective, if not relevant at U14 and beyond, than simply not relevant & 2) there are NO Susa players at either NYCFC or Red Bulls, so while they may be an affiliate, they lack the quality.

I mention these points bc you state Dix Hills clearly does not provide a pathway to MLS academy and is just a local town club that will not produce MLS academy players. So to educate the blind & dumb, two of the highest regarded NYCFC players are products of the Dix Hills Club. Both are long-time NYCFC players currently u17 & u15 starters and each is part of US YNT pool with plenty of international experience. I know both families and they each started at local DH travel for early development before moving on.

You may be foolish enough to believe you can forecast out that several FS players will be MLS leval DA players. Best case scenario, possibly 1 player will make it although unlikely and its impossible to even make that forecast so you just sound naive. If it makes you feel any better you dunce, I highly doubt that even most the families on this u10 Dix Hills team know this fact as its not something the club leadership promotes but should they choose to, if you are using MLS DA as the bar, the score would seem to be DH 2 and FS & SUSA with a big fat round 0 in MLS player promotion. Sorry to burst your bubble but those are the facts.

Larry Miller #730010 11/19/19 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed my point on this ENYYSA inclusion. You are correct that SUSA and Barca, as well as other can't play in LIJ, but if they play in EDP, which SUSA does then they can play in the ENYYSA/USYSA State Cup. Summing it up, the ENYYSA State Cup is open to all. Got it?

Yes, Absolutely Got it but Long Islands two most popular/biggest clubs (susa and barcany) surprisingly do not enter their teams in the ENYYSA State Cup yet they do compete in EDP. (no susa or barca teams).

I know we cant control what competitions each team and clubs wants to participate in but its all one big convoluted mess none the less.

Anonymous #730011 11/19/19 12:55 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Yes, Absolutely Got it but Long Islands two most popular/biggest clubs (susa and barcany) surprisingly do not enter their teams in the ENYYSA State Cup yet they do compete in EDP. (no susa or barca teams).

I know we cant control what competitions each team and clubs wants to participate in but its all one big convoluted mess none the less.

Whether or not any club or team chooses to play in the ENY State Cup is their call. I do not follow what team or what clubs plays where, but know where they can or cant play.

Now, is youth soccer [****] up? Yes it is because of all the money to be made and the generosity of you parents. Youth soccer is better than bowling for dollars.

Anonymous #730016 11/19/19 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUSA entered and won (or were finalists) the 2019 ENYYSA Cup in various age groups. All the top teams play ENY / EDP Cup and not the fake NYCSL Cup.

#SUSASTRONG

Anonymous #730017 11/19/19 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 in age group in NYE:

1. BWG
2. Met Oval
3. Dix Hills
4. Franklin Square
5. Barca

Revised after Fall season:

1. Dix Hills
2. Barca
3. BWG
4. Franklin Square Orange Julius
5. Met Oval

Anonymous #730021 11/19/19 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA 2005 EDP Team competed in the ENYYSA State Cup last year and won it.

Larry Miller #730024 11/19/19 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

SUSA entered and won (or were finalists) the 2019 ENYYSA Cup in various age groups. All the top teams play ENY / EDP Cup and not the fake NYCSL Cup.

#SUSASTRONG
[/quote]

The ENYSA State Cup does not begin until U12 so your only option until then is NYCSL State Cup tournament whatever you want to call it.

Question does Got Soccer recognize both ENYSA and NYCSL? You don't start earning points until U11 so take it easy U10's

Larry Miller #730025 11/19/19 04:48 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
The ENYYSA begins at U10, and its called the Challenge Cup.

Larry Miller #730026 11/19/19 05:11 PM
S
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
S
The ENYYSA begins at U10, and its called the Challenge Cup.

Mid to lower tiered teams tells me if you think your team is good why bother with this one. You may not like NYCSL but I don't want to drive to Buffalo to beat a team 8-1. Got Soccer points was worth 5632 points for Gottchee U 11 last year that means Gotsoccer thinks of it highly. I can't find who won ENYSA last year at any age group.

2019-2020 Challenge Cup Rule Book

-Single Elimination Format

-Specifically designed for mid to lower tiered teams seeking a State Cup experience.

-Enhance your game by competing against teams throughout the Eastern New York State Association.

-2 Flights of Competition to promote a fair game environment.

-Advancing teams compete at the ENY State Cup Finals for the title of ENY Challenge Cup Champions!

-Entry Fee; $225

Larry Miller #730028 11/19/19 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA participated in the ENY State Cup last year due to EDP becoming a US Youth competition rather than US Club. Most top teams moved over to the ENY Cup due to this change. SUSA made the final in 4 of the 8 age groups.

Winning in 3, 06, 05, 04 all State Champions. 03 lost a close game 1-0 against LGN Dynamite who are a very good team.

Larry Miller #730029 11/19/19 06:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always laugh when I come across these sort of posts in age groups as young as U10. My kids are older but can tell you 1) I have NO idea who FS but assume just a local town travel team so to put in perspective, if not relevant at U14 and beyond, than simply not relevant & 2) there are NO Susa players at either NYCFC or Red Bulls, so while they may be an affiliate, they lack the quality.

I mention these points bc you state Dix Hills clearly does not provide a pathway to MLS academy and is just a local town club that will not produce MLS academy players. So to educate the blind & dumb, two of the highest regarded NYCFC players are products of the Dix Hills Club. Both are long-time NYCFC players currently u17 & u15 starters and each is part of US YNT pool with plenty of international experience. I know both families and they each started at local DH travel for early development before moving on.

You may be foolish enough to believe you can forecast out that several FS players will be MLS leval DA players. Best case scenario, possibly 1 player will make it although unlikely and its impossible to even make that forecast so you just sound naive. If it makes you feel any better you dunce, I highly doubt that even most the families on this u10 Dix Hills team know this fact as its not something the club leadership promotes but should they choose to, if you are using MLS DA as the bar, the score would seem to be DH 2 and FS & SUSA with a big fat round 0 in MLS player promotion. Sorry to burst your bubble but those are the facts.

Susa has 3 players on nycfc. Facts.

Anonymous #730032 11/19/19 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that 3 whole players at NYCFC....oooooh. What the poster was saying is that until you get to the older ages, lets say u14 really at the youngest - that none of this really matters. To be talking about u10 players and forecasting out that they are MLS DA players to be is laughable and simply shows how little you really know. Susa is a large local LI travel team that is very well funded but how can they have the same amount of players at NYCFC as a small local travel program like Dix Hills. I surmise either Susa isn't nearly the #susastrong powerhouse you idiots claim OR Dix Hills is much better than given credit for. That being said, the DH players are older well established highly though of products of the NYCFC system and already in the US YNT pool. I'm just guessing here but the Susa players there are part of the u12's or some very young age group that hasnt hit puberty yet. You live in a bubble in LI, MLS clubs like NYCFC bring players from all over the country and yes world down weekly, monthly & yearly and only the strongest survive. While Susa claims to be a pathway to MLS DA and promotes, I'd bet nobody on that U10 Dix Hills team even has the slightest clue about some of the players that came thru their club when younger. Point simply was, slow your roll and enjoy these younger years. I guarantee you'll enjoy them if you keep the right perspective.

Anonymous #730033 11/19/19 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play for the love of the game,stop this nonsense,those that make it to the pros are athletes that love the game,going DA does not make any difference .same player pool,mediocre coaching.

Anonymous #730034 11/19/19 11:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so confused,when is winning important and when is it not,u10,u13,u16?

Frankly, it's not important until the player is getting paid to win. U10, U13, U16......if you have a kid that likes soccer, your goal as a parent is to not ruin that for the kid during those years.

Larry Miller #730044 11/20/19 12:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made this spreadsheet to keep track of the scores from CSL. Please put in any scores that you know. You can also copy+paste to make sheets for other divisions / age groups.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NdHQ0lNYkyaD7eTxA5NfW0SSCUckooqa3y_G5MGyG5Q/edit#gid=0

I really did not think this forum could go any further into the toilet, but then this was posted and I realized I was wrong. On a larger scale, this perfectly exemplifies everything that is wrong with youth soccer in this country. On a smaller scale, whoever did this is an absolute moron.

Larry Miller #730051 11/20/19 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is making the B2004 thread look good. And the 2004 thread is as pathetic and full of miscreants as they come! These 2010 parents will easily surpass the stupidity of the 2004 thread.

Page 17 of 61 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 60 61

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!