Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729979 11/18/19 02:57 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kids past experience with SUSA was pay to play. There were a couple kids wouldn't make a Division 7 LIJ town team who got in the games. Basically it was like the team was playing down 2 or 3 players during certain lineups which doesn't lead to any success when playing against other solid teams. My short experience with SUSA was that it was exactly pay to play. Kudos to the parents of lower skilled and non-athletic kids for putting up the thousands for their kid to get 2 practices a week and game/tournaments. Unfortunately the trainers basically trained to level of the lowest kids so if your kid was one of the better kids then you were not going to reach your potential in that environment. Sure you could play up with better teams and get a lot of soccer games and but I'm guessing that the majority of parents are paying thousands for top training so their kid will get better but that didn't happen in my experience due to the Pay To Play that happens in SUSA.

And before the bashing of Your kid sucked starts, I definitely saw kids playing on higher level teams that were not better than players on teams below them. Personally I only cared if I saw my son getting better for the $$$ that I was forking over to them but that didn't happen. I can say 100% there is plenty of pay to play and politics at SUSA and if you are willing to start complaining then your kid will play and can be on a team that he/she has no business playing on. Works for SUSA and some parents, but not for other parents.

I keep reading this "pay to play" and I dont get it. Every club charges so in essence you are paying for your kid to play. Now to the part of your kid didn't develop. Perhaps your child isnt capable athletically to be a high level player? Seems to me has to be an issue a majority of the times. As a comparison, if your child isn't maintaining a 95% or better grade in every subject does that mean that their teachers suck? Perhaps your child would be better at another sport or maybe their strengths are in a non-athletic environment?

In my case, daughter #1 absolutely sucked at soccer, and I'm being kind, while daughter #2 excelled. For #1 I was happy for her to get out and get some exercise instead of sitting and studying, reading, and researching. While she cant play soccer in a few months she will have Dr. in front of her name, and maybe that will also be your kid. Daughter #2 could only reach a JD.

You all need to stop the pay for play crap...it is just no so.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729981 11/18/19 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
My kids past experience with SUSA was pay to play. There were a couple kids wouldn't make a Division 7 LIJ town team who got in the games. Basically it was like the team was playing down 2 or 3 players during certain lineups which doesn't lead to any success when playing against other solid teams. My short experience with SUSA was that it was exactly pay to play. Kudos to the parents of lower skilled and non-athletic kids for putting up the thousands for their kid to get 2 practices a week and game/tournaments. Unfortunately the trainers basically trained to level of the lowest kids so if your kid was one of the better kids then you were not going to reach your potential in that environment. Sure you could play up with better teams and get a lot of soccer games and but I'm guessing that the majority of parents are paying thousands for top training so their kid will get better but that didn't happen in my experience due to the Pay To Play that happens in SUSA.

And before the bashing of Your kid sucked starts, I definitely saw kids playing on higher level teams that were not better than players on teams below them. Personally I only cared if I saw my son getting better for the $$$ that I was forking over to them but that didn't happen. I can say 100% there is plenty of pay to play and politics at SUSA and if you are willing to start complaining then your kid will play and can be on a team that he/she has no business playing on. Works for SUSA and some parents, but not for other parents.

I keep reading this "pay to play" and I dont get it. Every club charges so in essence you are paying for your kid to play. Now to the part of your kid didn't develop. Perhaps your child isnt capable athletically to be a high level player? Seems to me has to be an issue a majority of the times. As a comparison, if your child isn't maintaining a 95% or better grade in every subject does that mean that their teachers suck? Perhaps your child would be better at another sport or maybe their strengths are in a non-athletic environment?

In my case, daughter #1 absolutely sucked at soccer, and I'm being kind, while daughter #2 excelled. For #1 I was happy for her to get out and get some exercise instead of sitting and studying, reading, and researching. While she cant play soccer in a few months she will have Dr. in front of her name, and maybe that will also be your kid. Daughter #2 could only reach a JD.

Congrats on your kids...If everything you say is true about them...then you can safely say you did everything right, are a good parent, and hopefully they teach their own children the same values you did....In the end, this is what counts in life the most (not what soccer team you played on).

Now here is my 2 cents...Pay to Play does not exist and is not the proper term...by this I mean you pay a fee to the club and/or coach for sports insurance, training, league registration, ect. That is what you are "paying" for. Go ask any coach about a guaranteed playing time and let us know what they say.

The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729982 11/18/19 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your kids...If everything you say is true about them...then you can safely say you did everything right, are a good parent, and hopefully they teach their own children the same values you did....In the end, this is what counts in life the most (not what soccer team you played on).

Now here is my 2 cents...Pay to Play does not exist and is not the proper term...by this I mean you pay a fee to the club and/or coach for sports insurance, training, league registration, ect. That is what you are "paying" for. Go ask any coach about a guaranteed playing time and let us know what they say.

The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer.

"The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer." - As I said above, completely not true from what I saw with SUSA. Which I thought was great for the lower level kids because they got into games they have no business being in because of lack of skill / athleticism or both. My expectations were for 3k there would be teams better than town teams with all quality players. That was not the case and once again, kids who's parents forked over the 3k were able to find a team and playing time for their kid even though there performance at practice and previous games was never worthy of playing time in "competitive soccer". Great for parents who's kids are not good or maybe just really late developers and will probably never even make their school team.

My definition of Pay To Play is you are not very good but you still get minutes because you paid the 3k. You might not get the most minutes but you will get playing time in a competitive soccer game because your parents paid the tuition. Personally I didn't think SUSA was going to be like that but it was. On town teams everyone played normally because of politics or low numbers or something like that. I thought SUSA would be performance based and there wouldn't be any horrible performers on the fields but I was wrong. Not knocking SUSA, but there is a lot of pay to play there and anyone who says different is lying. If your looking for pay to play then its great, if not don't be surprised when you lose a game by a goal that may have been scored when the kids who aren't up to task were in.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729985 11/18/19 07:03 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

“If everything I say about my daughters is true”. No, I lied, my anonymous envious poster.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #730155 11/24/19 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA facility in full construction it evident, I saw with my own eyes! #SUSAHOMECOMING

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #730200 11/25/19 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has stronger and weaker players. If only the best players played, and the weaker ones didn't see the field during games at all, how long before all the weaker players quit the team or the game all together ? Players don't show up "just to practice"; they show up to play in games, and the players get it; if they don't see many game minutes they can either choose to put in the additional effort it takes to get more playing time or find another team to play on. Further, while it's great to win, the objective of most teams, especially at younger ages, is "development" as opposed to a winning record (which I appreciate is a fine balancing act) and the best development for players is during game play. If the players can say that they put in maximum effort on and off the ball and still don't see minutes after the soccer year is over, they should find another team, but the team is correct in playing all of it's players, even if some only get minimum playing time.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #730279 11/26/19 09:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is SUSA opening their new facility ?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #730339 11/28/19 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they will have 2 playable fields spring 2020 with the entire faculty running by dec 2020.
I have been to the site and it is in full boom. I have seen the plans with fields , office space , a school building, gym , and locker rooms. A major complex , like them or not. It’s happening.

#SUSA2020

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #730346 11/28/19 08:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they will have 2 playable fields spring 2020 with the entire faculty running by dec 2020.
I have been to the site and it is in full boom. I have seen the plans with fields , office space , a school building, gym , and locker rooms. A major complex , like them or not. It’s happening.

#SUSA2020

#SUSASTRONG-ER

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #730348 11/29/19 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😴

Reply Quote