Forum Search
Latest Posts
New York Surf Severs their affiliation with UST
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:17 AM
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:17 AM
Dix Hills S.C. Partners with NY Surf Soccer Club
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:15 AM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 12:09 AM
*VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE* ABOUT UST AND DIX HILLS SC
by Anonymous - 07/11/20 11:52 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Old Queens
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
Larry Miller #729669 11/11/19 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
If the standard is fields in process then you need to count
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Barca, a 20 year lease? On what land, where, and when? They have been talking abou this since they started.

Hora has a field, not a multiple field complex where they can hold tournaments and events.

I believe SUSA will have fields by the summer based on what they’ve said, but is far is a major complex I see that we off in the future. I don’t hear anything about that part. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Hota has two Fields - two more than $U$A

Does HOTA own the land? I would also so ask how many fields qualifies a club for a complex? Two or three fields don't qualify IMO, and fields alone do not constitute a complex. I can see SUSA having some fields by the end of Summer, but looking at the Master Plan in the first post of this thread, I don't see the rest for quite sometime.

In all fairness, we live in a very congested locale, a very expensive locale, and for those that bitch about pay to play, if these complexes that SUSA and Barca and maybe others have planned come to fruition you'll wish you were back to the good old days of 2019!!

All due respect Larry, but what difference does it make if they own the fields or just own the right to play? Brentwood doesn't own the fields over there but they might as well, same with Stony Brook and a few others. Doesn't make the training better, that's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #729676 11/11/19 12:33 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Makes for security....the privilege or leases at the facilities you mention can be yanked at any time, and/or curtailed or amended, which is what has happened. The issue of better training was not part of my argument. Owned or leased the training is what the training is.

What difference does it mean if you own your house or you are renting?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729805 11/13/19 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the bigger clubs have had the rights to their town fields forever, without having to pay for them as the players parents pay their taxes which goes to fields! HBC, Massapequa, East Meadow just to name a few have access to dozens of fields running tournaments for 30+ years! Fields won’t ever be taken away from the children of the community whose parents vote and pay taxes! Susa complex doesn’t even exist yet! Just to throw a few facts out there! Why would I want to pay for Susa!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729806 11/13/19 06:18 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the bigger clubs have had the rights to their town fields forever, without having to pay for them as the players parents pay their taxes which goes to fields! HBC, Massapequa, East Meadow just to name a few have access to dozens of fields running tournaments for 30+ years! Fields won’t ever be taken away from the children of the community whose parents vote and pay taxes! Susa complex doesn’t even exist yet! Just to throw a few facts out there! Why would I want to pay for Susa!

Nothing is forever. Those fields owned by the various local governments can be taken away, reappointed, or in others be used for other purposes. Nothing is forever.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729812 11/13/19 08:57 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Larry agreed nothing is forever...but nothing is built yet either. For three years the $U$A complex is coming still nothing. Eventually a field or two gets built....not even close to the promised indoor fields with locker rooms etc....Promises are not guarantees....still wating til next year...

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #729813 11/13/19 09:04 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry agreed nothing is forever...but nothing is built yet either. For three years the $U$A complex is coming still nothing. Eventually a field or two gets built....not even close to the promised indoor fields with locker rooms etc....Promises are not guarantees....still wating til next year...

Yup. Evidently dealing with the Central Islip Elected Executive Bunch has proven to be user and business unfriendly.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729822 11/14/19 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taxes=forever Schools=forever Sports=forever School fields= forever! #Susafields=#Never

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729823 11/14/19 10:43 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Taxes=forever Schools=forever Sports=forever School fields= forever! #Susafields=#Never

I enjoy reading the attempted spin on the SUSA facility.....the post above is 1/3 correct. Schools do close and the school grounds are included in the sale. That is a reality on Long Island as the cost of home ownership is prohibitive to many.

I understand how SUSA competitors are concerned as the organization's growth is is second to none. Kvetching about it and living in denial will not change what's to come. Deal with it or build your complex. I think the clubs surrounding the SUSA area of dominant influence (ADI) will continue to struggle. Terryville, Sachem, Mt. Sinai, and others will find it difficult to maintain and grow. You heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729896 11/16/19 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools close!? Really? Thats what your response is! Haha! Maybe an elementary school here and there. Club teams have been playing on school fields since the beginning of time! And now they all have beautiful turf fields that we all get use. We will be using them to the end of time! Don’t be mad. Sorry that Susa failed to get fields done before your kids graduated and can no longer play for Susa! But you can only blame yourselves for paying for something your kids will never get a chance to use. Our field is free and our training fee is only 1,500 for a former pro! Whose getting robbed!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729897 11/16/19 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools close!? Really? Thats what your response is! Haha! Maybe an elementary school here and there. Club teams have been playing on school fields since the beginning of time! And now they all have beautiful turf fields that we all get use. We will be using them to the end of time! Don’t be mad. Sorry that Susa failed to get fields done before your kids graduated and can no longer play for Susa! But you can only blame yourselves for paying for something your kids will never get a chance to use. Our field is free and our training fee is only 1,500 for a former pro! Whose getting robbed!

Robbed...call the cops,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729898 11/16/19 12:09 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

First of all, do think this has anything to do with my kids...my kids are adults with, under graduate and graduate degrees, PE, Masters, a JD, and an upcoming PHD. They don't and didn't need soccer.

As far as schools closing on Long Island, yes they do...just look at the 5 towns, Sachem, and other areas. Living in the youth soccer world is, IMO a huge mistake for too many parents and I have to include you. Haha to you.

I cant wait until SUSA opens those fields to see what naysayers and jealous folks like you will have to say and how you will spin it. I do get that SUSA has spreasd concern over the youth soccer business community on Long Island and it is simply something you and others will have to deal with.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729951 11/18/19 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids both on full rides while yours will be paying student loans off for life! Thank you very much!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729954 11/18/19 11:28 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
My kids both on full rides while yours will be paying student loans off for life! Thank you very much!

Really? I dont think so. Who are you and what are the schools? I'm sure you cant get to keyboard fast enough to identify yourself and the schools.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729973 11/18/19 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, do think this has anything to do with my kids...my kids are adults with, under graduate and graduate degrees, PE, Masters, a JD, and an upcoming PHD. They don't and didn't need soccer.

As far as schools closing on Long Island, yes they do...just look at the 5 towns, Sachem, and other areas. Living in the youth soccer world is, IMO a huge mistake for too many parents and I have to include you. Haha to you.

I cant wait until SUSA opens those fields to see what naysayers and jealous folks like you will have to say and how you will spin it. I do get that SUSA has spreasd concern over the youth soccer business community on Long Island and it is simply something you and others will have to deal with.

You can keep the fields. Nice fields does not equate to good training.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729977 11/18/19 03:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids past experience with SUSA was pay to play. There were a couple kids wouldn't make a Division 7 LIJ town team who got in the games. Basically it was like the team was playing down 2 or 3 players during certain lineups which doesn't lead to any success when playing against other solid teams. My short experience with SUSA was that it was exactly pay to play. Kudos to the parents of lower skilled and non-athletic kids for putting up the thousands for their kid to get 2 practices a week and game/tournaments. Unfortunately the trainers basically trained to level of the lowest kids so if your kid was one of the better kids then you were not going to reach your potential in that environment. Sure you could play up with better teams and get a lot of soccer games and but I'm guessing that the majority of parents are paying thousands for top training so their kid will get better but that didn't happen in my experience due to the Pay To Play that happens in SUSA.

And before the bashing of Your kid sucked starts, I definitely saw kids playing on higher level teams that were not better than players on teams below them. Personally I only cared if I saw my son getting better for the $$$ that I was forking over to them but that didn't happen. I can say 100% there is plenty of pay to play and politics at SUSA and if you are willing to start complaining then your kid will play and can be on a team that he/she has no business playing on. Works for SUSA and some parents, but not for other parents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729979 11/18/19 03:57 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
My kids past experience with SUSA was pay to play. There were a couple kids wouldn't make a Division 7 LIJ town team who got in the games. Basically it was like the team was playing down 2 or 3 players during certain lineups which doesn't lead to any success when playing against other solid teams. My short experience with SUSA was that it was exactly pay to play. Kudos to the parents of lower skilled and non-athletic kids for putting up the thousands for their kid to get 2 practices a week and game/tournaments. Unfortunately the trainers basically trained to level of the lowest kids so if your kid was one of the better kids then you were not going to reach your potential in that environment. Sure you could play up with better teams and get a lot of soccer games and but I'm guessing that the majority of parents are paying thousands for top training so their kid will get better but that didn't happen in my experience due to the Pay To Play that happens in SUSA.

And before the bashing of Your kid sucked starts, I definitely saw kids playing on higher level teams that were not better than players on teams below them. Personally I only cared if I saw my son getting better for the $$$ that I was forking over to them but that didn't happen. I can say 100% there is plenty of pay to play and politics at SUSA and if you are willing to start complaining then your kid will play and can be on a team that he/she has no business playing on. Works for SUSA and some parents, but not for other parents.

I keep reading this "pay to play" and I dont get it. Every club charges so in essence you are paying for your kid to play. Now to the part of your kid didn't develop. Perhaps your child isnt capable athletically to be a high level player? Seems to me has to be an issue a majority of the times. As a comparison, if your child isn't maintaining a 95% or better grade in every subject does that mean that their teachers suck? Perhaps your child would be better at another sport or maybe their strengths are in a non-athletic environment?

In my case, daughter #1 absolutely sucked at soccer, and I'm being kind, while daughter #2 excelled. For #1 I was happy for her to get out and get some exercise instead of sitting and studying, reading, and researching. While she cant play soccer in a few months she will have Dr. in front of her name, and maybe that will also be your kid. Daughter #2 could only reach a JD.

You all need to stop the pay for play crap...it is just no so.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729981 11/18/19 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I keep reading this "pay to play" and I dont get it. Every club charges so in essence you are paying for your kid to play. Now to the part of your kid didn't develop. Perhaps your child isnt capable athletically to be a high level player? Seems to me has to be an issue a majority of the times. As a comparison, if your child isn't maintaining a 95% or better grade in every subject does that mean that their teachers suck? Perhaps your child would be better at another sport or maybe their strengths are in a non-athletic environment?

In my case, daughter #1 absolutely sucked at soccer, and I'm being kind, while daughter #2 excelled. For #1 I was happy for her to get out and get some exercise instead of sitting and studying, reading, and researching. While she cant play soccer in a few months she will have Dr. in front of her name, and maybe that will also be your kid. Daughter #2 could only reach a JD.

Congrats on your kids...If everything you say is true about them...then you can safely say you did everything right, are a good parent, and hopefully they teach their own children the same values you did....In the end, this is what counts in life the most (not what soccer team you played on).

Now here is my 2 cents...Pay to Play does not exist and is not the proper term...by this I mean you pay a fee to the club and/or coach for sports insurance, training, league registration, ect. That is what you are "paying" for. Go ask any coach about a guaranteed playing time and let us know what they say.

The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729982 11/18/19 05:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your kids...If everything you say is true about them...then you can safely say you did everything right, are a good parent, and hopefully they teach their own children the same values you did....In the end, this is what counts in life the most (not what soccer team you played on).

Now here is my 2 cents...Pay to Play does not exist and is not the proper term...by this I mean you pay a fee to the club and/or coach for sports insurance, training, league registration, ect. That is what you are "paying" for. Go ask any coach about a guaranteed playing time and let us know what they say.

The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer.

"The reality is your playing time is based on how you perform at practice and/or the previous game. this is reality but definitely not "pay to play" in competitive soccer." - As I said above, completely not true from what I saw with SUSA. Which I thought was great for the lower level kids because they got into games they have no business being in because of lack of skill / athleticism or both. My expectations were for 3k there would be teams better than town teams with all quality players. That was not the case and once again, kids who's parents forked over the 3k were able to find a team and playing time for their kid even though there performance at practice and previous games was never worthy of playing time in "competitive soccer". Great for parents who's kids are not good or maybe just really late developers and will probably never even make their school team.

My definition of Pay To Play is you are not very good but you still get minutes because you paid the 3k. You might not get the most minutes but you will get playing time in a competitive soccer game because your parents paid the tuition. Personally I didn't think SUSA was going to be like that but it was. On town teams everyone played normally because of politics or low numbers or something like that. I thought SUSA would be performance based and there wouldn't be any horrible performers on the fields but I was wrong. Not knocking SUSA, but there is a lot of pay to play there and anyone who says different is lying. If your looking for pay to play then its great, if not don't be surprised when you lose a game by a goal that may have been scored when the kids who aren't up to task were in.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729985 11/18/19 08:03 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

“If everything I say about my daughters is true”. No, I lied, my anonymous envious poster.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730155 11/24/19 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA facility in full construction it evident, I saw with my own eyes! #SUSAHOMECOMING

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730200 11/25/19 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has stronger and weaker players. If only the best players played, and the weaker ones didn't see the field during games at all, how long before all the weaker players quit the team or the game all together ? Players don't show up "just to practice"; they show up to play in games, and the players get it; if they don't see many game minutes they can either choose to put in the additional effort it takes to get more playing time or find another team to play on. Further, while it's great to win, the objective of most teams, especially at younger ages, is "development" as opposed to a winning record (which I appreciate is a fine balancing act) and the best development for players is during game play. If the players can say that they put in maximum effort on and off the ball and still don't see minutes after the soccer year is over, they should find another team, but the team is correct in playing all of it's players, even if some only get minimum playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730279 11/26/19 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is SUSA opening their new facility ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730339 11/28/19 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they will have 2 playable fields spring 2020 with the entire faculty running by dec 2020.
I have been to the site and it is in full boom. I have seen the plans with fields , office space , a school building, gym , and locker rooms. A major complex , like them or not. It’s happening.

#SUSA2020

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730346 11/28/19 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they will have 2 playable fields spring 2020 with the entire faculty running by dec 2020.
I have been to the site and it is in full boom. I have seen the plans with fields , office space , a school building, gym , and locker rooms. A major complex , like them or not. It’s happening.

#SUSA2020

#SUSASTRONG-ER

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730348 11/29/19 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😴