Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 12:58 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 12:19 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 10:35 AM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 50 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 49 50
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
Anonymous #729917 11/17/19 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I looked on the DA page for FC Fury and the u16 team is no longer listed. Several players from that group are now listed on the roster for U17. Does that mean that the U16 team was disbanded?

Tough to run a team with <11 players. If players had other mid year places to go there might not be any teams

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #729918 11/17/19 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
[quote=SLiewehr]Holy hell, and you guys are the "parents"? I read about 2 pages of this thread, and now I know full well why our youth are so screwed up.

I came here as a coach to check out winter leagues, and now I'm just sad for all your kids. All you posters calling each other names, bashing coaches, leagues, clubs, other kids...all behind the brave mask of anonymity. This is really the sewer of Long Island soccer, and there's not a single non-parent in the muck. If you come here regularly to jump into these forums and spew your crap, you really need to get a life. This is sad.

BTW, I login and put my name on my posts. Try it. Einstein said anonymity is no excuse for stupidity. He sure was right.

Other than the parents name calling each other , everything posted about the club in this thread is fact.

In my world anyone who spews anonymously there facts that they do not back up With who they are or affiliation means nothing. You anonymous people have no basis of fact and your facts are what you want to believe. Your world of alternative facts.

You must be living on earth 25 in the multiverse. An alternate reality. [/quote

Actually, the gentleman is correct. Anonymous does not carry weight the way a registered users comment do. I have said that over and over. Perhaps it is you living in an alternative universe on Earth 25?

Agreed. However, the point is that the incidents of hanky panky that were reported are not fake news. On the other hand, People should be brave enough To go on this site with a username /handle ( although that is also anonymous). That might stop some of the inappropriate name calling or bashing a player or family.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729920 11/17/19 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone register to BON this way we can go back to talking about how Fury is going down!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729922 11/17/19 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I looked on the DA page for FC Fury and the u16 team is no longer listed. Several players from that group are now listed on the roster for U17. Does that mean that the U16 team was disbanded?

Tough to run a team with <11 players. If players had other mid year places to go there might not be any teams

Yes, with the suspensions they could not go forward. Those players/team will play in the EDP league this season. This will be the last season of DA for FC Fury / Albertson collaboration, they will be retuning to ECNL come next Fall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729925 11/17/19 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, with the suspensions they could not go forward. Those players/team will play in the EDP league this season. This will be the last season of DA for FC Fury / Albertson collaboration, they will be retuning to ECNL come next Fall.

So 3 teams in Long Island will have girls ECNL? Larry?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729926 11/17/19 02:00 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

So 3 teams in Long Island will have girls ECNL? Larry?

If you mean 3 clubs, the answer is NO. Should US Club be stupid enough to give Riley back the ECNL then it would be time for all of you to have a serious chat with your kids to seek out another youth sport, or maybe consider the sport of reading and studying to fill the time running laps!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729934 11/17/19 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is saying that? PR? The same person who said Albertson wasn't being booted from ECNL? Umm, ECNL has already moved on with SUSA.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729937 11/17/19 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is saying that? PR? The same person who said Albertson wasn't being booted from ECNL? Umm, ECNL has already moved on with SUSA.

Omg, you parents have some serious battered partner syndrome with this guy. If you believe anything he says, much less his ECNL garbage, you really need your collective heads examined. Ain't happening. Shame on Riley for suggesting to parents this could happen.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729946 11/18/19 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way they get ECNL. Moving forward they are an EDP or NPL club. Only way that changes is if PR is completely gone (sells?), the club rebuilds and can show multiple years of better performance. Currently the area doesn't need another ECNL club, but as we know the landscape is always changing too. There could be a another "top" ABC leagues three years from now sowing more chaos. Current players in the recruiting window or close to it won't wait around for that to happen. Anyone that can land a decent spot now or for next fall will be gone.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729987 11/18/19 08:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's playing futsal on Thanksgiving! This guy is incredibly desperate. So no DA next year, no ECNL, guess you all will be playing futsal and jack up your fees again.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729991 11/19/19 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's playing futsal on Thanksgiving! This guy is incredibly desperate. So no DA next year, no ECNL, guess you all will be playing futsal and jack up your fees again.

Not a Fury parent (honestly, I think they screwed themselves so I give them no sympathy) but I also don't get coming onto a site and rubbing salt in the wounds. Typically, there's two ways to make yourself look good:

1) Do a good job
2) Make the other guy look bad

Don't be a #2....literally and figuratively....

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730000 11/19/19 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Fury parent (honestly, I think they screwed themselves so I give them no sympathy) but I also don't get coming onto a site and rubbing salt in the wounds. Typically, there's two ways to make yourself look good:

1) Do a good job
2) Make the other guy look bad

Don't be a #2....literally and figuratively....

I am happy to dee you finally got your own marketing machine to help curtail the mud slinging.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730015 11/19/19 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730018 11/19/19 02:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Thank you for your two cents Mrs Brady. Now address this to Mr Riley who clearly has a different view of things.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730019 11/19/19 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Smartest thing I read on this forum so far! For 98% it should be all about the college, not soccer, as the driving force when choosing a school. One of the best questions players should be required to answer is: "If you didn't play soccer for this school would you still love it here?" as part of the discussion with their parents. Simply put, there's very little room the higher up in the pyramid players go. Both of my college roommates - State ODP and highly recruited - quit soccer their Jr year because they barely saw the field and the talent level coming in behind them would keep it that way. Fortunately, they both became doctors. Find the best school that's the best fit academically, socially and hate to say it, put soccer 3rd out of those priorities. Remember, "a soccer career is fleeting but a diploma lasts forever".

Not sure what you read but I agree with your statement. When both my daughters were being recruited there were schools that only emphasized the soccer and very little about the school itself. Then there were schools who would end there conversation with your line which is if you got hurt and could not play for the rest of the season or worse you cannot play again would you still want to be at this college. It was a great thought provoking point that meant a lot to my daughters and helped them shape there decision about what college to attend. Unfortunately for a lot of girls it's soccer first and give little thought to the social interaction of the overall college experience. Too many who do not play the first year or little the second season are miserable because they do not like the college and are there for soccer and then just transfer to programs that give them more opportunities rather than the academic which should come first. This happens more than you think.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730052 11/20/19 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard PR was back at the fury practice last night. All these stupid parents are wasting their money sending their kids to fury. He may be back but not for long and the only reason he came is to try to stop the ship from sinking.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730053 11/20/19 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly people need to stop bringing down a club that they aren't at. If your daughter is not at Fury anyway, then why do you care what will possibly happen to the club. Paul Riley was there and that is a good step. Why don't you worry about your own kid and If you really thought the girls at fury were horrible and no competition, then you wouldn't be on an anonymus site trashing them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730056 11/20/19 09:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard PR was back at the fury practice last night. All these stupid parents are wasting their money sending their kids to fury. He may be back but not for long and the only reason he came is to try to stop the ship from sinking.

If you’re not a member of the club, why would you care, you moronic imbecile?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730057 11/20/19 11:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly people need to stop bringing down a club that they aren't at. If your daughter is not at Fury anyway, then why do you care what will possibly happen to the club. Paul Riley was there and that is a good step. Why don't you worry about your own kid and If you really thought the girls at fury were horrible and no competition, then you wouldn't be on an anonymus site trashing them.

Go back and read the last 30 pages then come back with an argument for your comment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730058 11/20/19 11:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I
Did you throw him a welcome back for two months party? When's the next meeting so he can tout the success of his non existent futsal league?

You poor naive people. Has he helped get your kid committed yet?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730059 11/20/19 11:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster, but it's idiotic to not think that this has had an impact on the rest of LI soccer. His blatant disregard for GDA rules has had kids scrambling, and for those good enough to consider other options, they have now impacted the roster sizes of already established teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730060 11/21/19 01:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster, but it's idiotic to not think that this has had an impact on the rest of LI soccer. His blatant disregard for GDA rules has had kids scrambling, and for those good enough to consider other options, they have now impacted the roster sizes of already established teams.

Glad you brought that up. It shows how equally corrupt these other clubs are as well when it comes to broken promises and sizes of rosters. Do you think these clubs/trainers care about what parents and players think about rosters in excess of 18 players as well as bringing in players who will take up playing time from players who have been on these teams for years. When these bloated rosters go to showcase tournaments these teams will now have to sit players each game. You think these clubs care? As been said many times soccer on LI is broken. The training at all these clubs are marginal at best and when these clubs/teams play in regional showcases as history has shown these teams have under performed. Choosing a club on LI is like picking your poison.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730061 11/21/19 07:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It also makes GDA/USSF look incredibly bad. The last thing a struggling region needed was to have a club disregarding the rules and requiring someone turning them in to get the league's attention. It reinforces the already existing image that USSF will take any club, and because of market saturation the clubs will take any players.

While LISC will come out the "winner" it's under a very tarnished league umbrella. Being the last one standing isn't exactly reassuring.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #730064 11/21/19 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are folding the rules

It also makes GDA/USSF look incredibly bad. The last thing a struggling region needed was to have a club disregarding the rules and requiring someone turning them in to get the league's attention. It reinforces the already existing image that USSF will take any club, and because of market saturation the clubs will take any players.

While LISC will come out the "winner" it's under a very tarnished league umbrella. Being the last one standing isn't exactly reassuring.

It’s not that they are following the rules they do what they say they are going to do. Start off by looking at the girls they are training at and playing at. All the way down to the one thing PR has been emphasizing to make more money- Futsal. LISC has bright in [****] and it’s optional. PR pushing it down families throats and not trying to develop everyone

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #730068 11/21/19 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

40 player roster next year. You heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 50 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 49 50
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!