Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: LIRef77] #728655 10/23/19 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you read about John Wooden and his sayings the best way to correct a player is without anger and without losing control. When a Coach loses control he is only telling his players that it is ok to not have self control and the discipline the player himself is in dire need of.
High School players are smart and old enough to recognize inappropriate behavior just because they are not allowed to call it out doesn’t mean they don’t see it.

So in our society we all ways teach kids to stand up and fight for what is right? (this sound great when the words are spoken or when its written on the wall for all to see).

but the moment we see an injustice on the soccer field the lesson is do nothing and turn/look the other way?.....NOT...Refs should consistently do a good job...when they mess up, they deserve to be yelled at and heckled...they are being paid to do a good job!!!!!!!!

Funny I thought this was about High School Coaches not the performance of Referees. Apparently you do not want to start a separate thread and just want to criticize referees. That’s ok to do but heckling at games is NOT! You are confusing the freedom of speech with inappropriate behavior. So please tell us, when (in your opinion) a referee makes a mistake (and they do because they are human) then you think people should heckle the referee because that will accomplish WHAT? It’s the typical irrational behavior that referees are already dealing with because the call will not be changed and it will accomplish nothing other than getting the offender ejected. This is a nationwide problem that people like you just don’t get.
Try and stay focused on what the thread is about-High School Coaches.

I get it. As my daughter is a game or two away from her HS soccer days being over, i've become completely disgusted with the parents' rage toward the refs. I'm actually more disgusted with parents seemingly feeling empowered to scream and and criticize kids on the field (from our team) other than their own, but the rath toward the refs is contant. I'm sad to say that i'm happy this is almost over as the joy I used to have watching games has become disgust.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #728726 10/24/19 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you read about John Wooden and his sayings the best way to correct a player is without anger and without losing control. When a Coach loses control he is only telling his players that it is ok to not have self control and the discipline the player himself is in dire need of.
High School players are smart and old enough to recognize inappropriate behavior just because they are not allowed to call it out doesn’t mean they don’t see it.

So in our society we all ways teach kids to stand up and fight for what is right? (this sound great when the words are spoken or when its written on the wall for all to see).

but the moment we see an injustice on the soccer field the lesson is do nothing and turn/look the other way?.....NOT...Refs should consistently do a good job...when they mess up, they deserve to be yelled at and heckled...they are being paid to do a good job!!!!!!!!

Funny I thought this was about High School Coaches not the performance of Referees. Apparently you do not want to start a separate thread and just want to criticize referees. That’s ok to do but heckling at games is NOT! You are confusing the freedom of speech with inappropriate behavior. So please tell us, when (in your opinion) a referee makes a mistake (and they do because they are human) then you think people should heckle the referee because that will accomplish WHAT? It’s the typical irrational behavior that referees are already dealing with because the call will not be changed and it will accomplish nothing other than getting the offender ejected. This is a nationwide problem that people like you just don’t get.

I get it. As my daughter is a game or two away from her HS soccer days being over, i've become completely disgusted with the parents' rage toward the refs. I'm actually more disgusted with parents seemingly feeling empowered to scream and and criticize kids on the field (from our team) other than their own, but the rath toward the refs is contant. I'm sad to say that i'm happy this is almost over as the joy I used to have watching games has become disgust.

I would never criticize a kid...that is bad....Criticizing a ref for a bad Call? Its my god given right as a soccer fan to do (people do this all the time in real soccer countries like brazil, the only difference is the refs can't hear that far away)....Refs deserve to be heckled especially when they F_ck up....heck the official should have thicker skin and not be a p_ssy if his pathetic feelings get hurt (he always has the choice to ignore any heckling going on (as they should) and cont. to officiate the game as best he can).

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #728733 10/24/19 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but the moment we see an injustice on the soccer field the lesson is do nothing and turn/look the other way?.....NOT...Refs should consistently do a good job...when they mess up, they deserve to be yelled at and heckled...they are being paid to do a good job!!!!!!!![/quote]
Try and stay focused on what the thread is about-High School Coaches. [/quote]

I get it. As my daughter is a game or two away from her HS soccer days being over, i've become completely disgusted with the parents' rage toward the refs. I'm actually more disgusted with parents seemingly feeling empowered to scream and and criticize kids on the field (from our team) other than their own, but the rath toward the refs is contant. I'm sad to say that i'm happy this is almost over as the joy I used to have watching games has become disgust.[/quote]

I would never criticize a kid...that is bad....Criticizing a ref for a bad Call? Its my god given right as a soccer fan to do (people do this all the time in real soccer countries like brazil, the only difference is the refs can't hear that far away)....Refs deserve to be heckled especially when they F_ck up....heck the official should have thicker skin and not be a p_ssy if his pathetic feelings get hurt (he always has the choice to ignore any heckling going on (as they should) and cont. to officiate the game as best he can).[/quote]

You seem like you would be a joy to be around.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #728739 10/24/19 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been told so...especially at tournaments!!! smile

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #728764 10/25/19 06:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real problem is High School security. Throwing kids out for cheering.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #728900 10/28/19 06:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With multiple kids playing different sports I can attest there are bad coaches and parents everywhere. They yell at their kid's teammates, coaches, athletic directors, administrators and refs (yes I know the reffing can suck but it's usually equal time suckiness). They make life miserable for the booster club parents just trying to support the teams. If it were just because of their passion for the game it might (might) be more excusable. But 9 times out of 10 it's insecure parents who think their kids are much better than they are. Parents of truly talented kids don't sweat the silly things that happen in HS and most of the rest know that none of this is that important. Try and enjoy the time because it goes by so fast and poof! they're off to college. If it drives you that crazy, do us all a favor - stay home and stay out of it

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729050 10/30/19 10:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So apparently if there’s not a scholarship on the line it is meaningless? Pretty jaded view.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729057 10/31/19 06:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With multiple kids playing different sports I can attest there are bad coaches and parents everywhere. They yell at their kid's teammates, coaches, athletic directors, administrators and refs (yes I know the reffing can suck but it's usually equal time suckiness). They make life miserable for the booster club parents just trying to support the teams. If it were just because of their passion for the game it might (might) be more excusable. But 9 times out of 10 it's insecure parents who think their kids are much better than they are. Parents of truly talented kids don't sweat the silly things that happen in HS and most of the rest know that none of this is that important. Try and enjoy the time because it goes by so fast and poof! they're off to college. If it drives you that crazy, do us all a favor - stay home and stay out of it

You say that its not that important,define important. Sports it's competitive, just like business, don't matter what level,you want to try be the best and compete, win games, win business deals,just like real life. Heart and Desire is needed in any aspect of life

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729084 10/31/19 11:58 AM
L
LIRef77 Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

You say that its not that important,define important. Sports it's competitive, just like business, don't matter what level,you want to try be the best and compete, win games, win business deals,just like real life. Heart and Desire is needed in any aspect of life

You actually want to compare amateur sports to business? Really? Winning is that important? If people acted like they do at most games today at their workplace they would not have a long career. Inappropriate behavior is NOT tolerated in the workplace today! Losing your job today is not the same as losing a game!

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: LIRef77] #729238 11/04/19 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You actually want to compare amateur sports to business? Really? Winning is that important? If people acted like they do at most games today at their workplace they would not have a long career. Inappropriate behavior is NOT tolerated in the workplace today! Losing your job today is not the same as losing a game!

"When you, here, everyone of you, were kids, you all admired the champion marble player, the fastest runner, the toughest boxer, the big league ball players, and the All-American football players. Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American." PATTONS speech to the 3rd Army June 5th 1944

You must have a suck_ss Job...you loser.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729260 11/04/19 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"When you, here, everyone of you, were kids, you all admired the champion marble player, the fastest runner, the toughest boxer, the big league ball players, and the All-American football players. Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American." PATTONS speech to the 3rd Army June 5th 1944

Please take your MEDS NOW

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729262 11/04/19 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost in Nam’

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729282 11/04/19 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try and stay focused on what the thread is about-High School Coaches. [/quote]

I get it. As my daughter is a game or two away from her HS soccer days being over, i've become completely disgusted with the parents' rage toward the refs. I'm actually more disgusted with parents seemingly feeling empowered to scream and and criticize kids on the field (from our team) other than their own, but the rath toward the refs is contant. I'm sad to say that i'm happy this is almost over as the joy I used to have watching games has become disgust.[/quote]

I would never criticize a kid...that is bad....Criticizing a ref for a bad Call? Its my god given right as a soccer fan to do (people do this all the time in real soccer countries like brazil, the only difference is the refs can't hear that far away)....Refs deserve to be heckled especially when they F_ck up....heck the official should have thicker skin and not be a p_ssy if his pathetic feelings get hurt (he always has the choice to ignore any heckling going on (as they should) and cont. to officiate the game as best he can).[/quote]

First year in high school soccer and definitely didn't love it. Parents on the sidelines yelling at kids not their own when the kids they were yelling at were far better than their own kid and of course they didn't know what they were talking about. If yuo don't have something to say keep it to yourself. Just encourage.
The quality of the refs.sucked. They let the games get way too physical and dirty and didn't make obvious calls (on both sides) in order to keep the kids safe.
Not even going to comment on the coach.The thread is taking care of it. However, yes, we had an incompetent coach.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: Anonymous] #729303 11/05/19 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First year in high school soccer and definitely didn't love it. Parents on the sidelines yelling at kids not their own when the kids they were yelling at were far better than their own kid and of course they didn't know what they were talking about. If yuo don't have something to say keep it to yourself. Just encourage.
The quality of the refs.sucked. They let the games get way too physical and dirty and didn't make obvious calls (on both sides) in order to keep the kids safe.
Not even going to comment on the coach.The thread is taking care of it. However, yes, we had an incompetent coach.
[/quote]

Yep that's HS soccer in a nutshell!
My FAVORITE is "Parents on the sidelines yelling at kids not their own when the kids they were yelling at were far better than their own kid and of course they didn't know what they were talking about". It's like my kid's school taught a seminar in that and I missed it. It's ALWAYS the families of the below average to mediocre players whose Little Suzie's won 2nd place in the "4th Semi-Annual Soft Shell Crab Kick-Off tournament of the Greater Sound Area" that are the loudest and most critical. Meanwhile, their kid couldn't connect a pass if her life depended on it and that's only if she can actually get to the ball before the opponent, which rarely happens.

Reply Quote
Re: Recommendations welcome: how to deal with an incompetent HS coach [Re: lisoccer1] #729913 11/16/19 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good high school coaches?

Reply Quote
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled