Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 169 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729669 11/11/19 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
If the standard is fields in process then you need to count
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Barca, a 20 year lease? On what land, where, and when? They have been talking abou this since they started.

Hora has a field, not a multiple field complex where they can hold tournaments and events.

I believe SUSA will have fields by the summer based on what they’ve said, but is far is a major complex I see that we off in the future. I don’t hear anything about that part. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Hota has two Fields - two more than $U$A

Does HOTA own the land? I would also so ask how many fields qualifies a club for a complex? Two or three fields don't qualify IMO, and fields alone do not constitute a complex. I can see SUSA having some fields by the end of Summer, but looking at the Master Plan in the first post of this thread, I don't see the rest for quite sometime.

In all fairness, we live in a very congested locale, a very expensive locale, and for those that bitch about pay to play, if these complexes that SUSA and Barca and maybe others have planned come to fruition you'll wish you were back to the good old days of 2019!!

All due respect Larry, but what difference does it make if they own the fields or just own the right to play? Brentwood doesn't own the fields over there but they might as well, same with Stony Brook and a few others. Doesn't make the training better, that's for sure.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729676 11/11/19 11:33 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Makes for security....the privilege or leases at the facilities you mention can be yanked at any time, and/or curtailed or amended, which is what has happened. The issue of better training was not part of my argument. Owned or leased the training is what the training is.

What difference does it mean if you own your house or you are renting?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729805 11/13/19 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the bigger clubs have had the rights to their town fields forever, without having to pay for them as the players parents pay their taxes which goes to fields! HBC, Massapequa, East Meadow just to name a few have access to dozens of fields running tournaments for 30+ years! Fields won’t ever be taken away from the children of the community whose parents vote and pay taxes! Susa complex doesn’t even exist yet! Just to throw a few facts out there! Why would I want to pay for Susa!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729806 11/13/19 05:18 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the bigger clubs have had the rights to their town fields forever, without having to pay for them as the players parents pay their taxes which goes to fields! HBC, Massapequa, East Meadow just to name a few have access to dozens of fields running tournaments for 30+ years! Fields won’t ever be taken away from the children of the community whose parents vote and pay taxes! Susa complex doesn’t even exist yet! Just to throw a few facts out there! Why would I want to pay for Susa!

Nothing is forever. Those fields owned by the various local governments can be taken away, reappointed, or in others be used for other purposes. Nothing is forever.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729812 11/13/19 07:57 PM
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Larry agreed nothing is forever...but nothing is built yet either. For three years the $U$A complex is coming still nothing. Eventually a field or two gets built....not even close to the promised indoor fields with locker rooms etc....Promises are not guarantees....still wating til next year...

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #729813 11/13/19 08:04 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry agreed nothing is forever...but nothing is built yet either. For three years the $U$A complex is coming still nothing. Eventually a field or two gets built....not even close to the promised indoor fields with locker rooms etc....Promises are not guarantees....still wating til next year...

Yup. Evidently dealing with the Central Islip Elected Executive Bunch has proven to be user and business unfriendly.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729822 11/14/19 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taxes=forever Schools=forever Sports=forever School fields= forever! #Susafields=#Never

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729823 11/14/19 09:43 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Taxes=forever Schools=forever Sports=forever School fields= forever! #Susafields=#Never

I enjoy reading the attempted spin on the SUSA facility.....the post above is 1/3 correct. Schools do close and the school grounds are included in the sale. That is a reality on Long Island as the cost of home ownership is prohibitive to many.

I understand how SUSA competitors are concerned as the organization's growth is is second to none. Kvetching about it and living in denial will not change what's to come. Deal with it or build your complex. I think the clubs surrounding the SUSA area of dominant influence (ADI) will continue to struggle. Terryville, Sachem, Mt. Sinai, and others will find it difficult to maintain and grow. You heard it here first.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729896 11/16/19 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools close!? Really? Thats what your response is! Haha! Maybe an elementary school here and there. Club teams have been playing on school fields since the beginning of time! And now they all have beautiful turf fields that we all get use. We will be using them to the end of time! Don’t be mad. Sorry that Susa failed to get fields done before your kids graduated and can no longer play for Susa! But you can only blame yourselves for paying for something your kids will never get a chance to use. Our field is free and our training fee is only 1,500 for a former pro! Whose getting robbed!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729897 11/16/19 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools close!? Really? Thats what your response is! Haha! Maybe an elementary school here and there. Club teams have been playing on school fields since the beginning of time! And now they all have beautiful turf fields that we all get use. We will be using them to the end of time! Don’t be mad. Sorry that Susa failed to get fields done before your kids graduated and can no longer play for Susa! But you can only blame yourselves for paying for something your kids will never get a chance to use. Our field is free and our training fee is only 1,500 for a former pro! Whose getting robbed!

Robbed...call the cops,

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729898 11/16/19 11:09 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

First of all, do think this has anything to do with my kids...my kids are adults with, under graduate and graduate degrees, PE, Masters, a JD, and an upcoming PHD. They don't and didn't need soccer.

As far as schools closing on Long Island, yes they do...just look at the 5 towns, Sachem, and other areas. Living in the youth soccer world is, IMO a huge mistake for too many parents and I have to include you. Haha to you.

I cant wait until SUSA opens those fields to see what naysayers and jealous folks like you will have to say and how you will spin it. I do get that SUSA has spreasd concern over the youth soccer business community on Long Island and it is simply something you and others will have to deal with.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729951 11/18/19 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids both on full rides while yours will be paying student loans off for life! Thank you very much!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729954 11/18/19 10:28 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
My kids both on full rides while yours will be paying student loans off for life! Thank you very much!

Really? I dont think so. Who are you and what are the schools? I'm sure you cant get to keyboard fast enough to identify yourself and the schools.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729973 11/18/19 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, do think this has anything to do with my kids...my kids are adults with, under graduate and graduate degrees, PE, Masters, a JD, and an upcoming PHD. They don't and didn't need soccer.

As far as schools closing on Long Island, yes they do...just look at the 5 towns, Sachem, and other areas. Living in the youth soccer world is, IMO a huge mistake for too many parents and I have to include you. Haha to you.

I cant wait until SUSA opens those fields to see what naysayers and jealous folks like you will have to say and how you will spin it. I do get that SUSA has spreasd concern over the youth soccer business community on Long Island and it is simply something you and others will have to deal with.

You can keep the fields. Nice fields does not equate to good training.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729977 11/18/19 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids past experience with SUSA was pay to play. There were a couple kids wouldn't make a Division 7 LIJ town team who got in the games. Basically it was like the team was playing down 2 or 3 players during certain lineups which doesn't lead to any success when playing against other solid teams. My short experience with SUSA was that it was exactly pay to play. Kudos to the parents of lower skilled and non-athletic kids for putting up the thousands for their kid to get 2 practices a week and game/tournaments. Unfortunately the trainers basically trained to level of the lowest kids so if your kid was one of the better kids then you were not going to reach your potential in that environment. Sure you could play up with better teams and get a lot of soccer games and but I'm guessing that the majority of parents are paying thousands for top training so their kid will get better but that didn't happen in my experience due to the Pay To Play that happens in SUSA.

And before the bashing of Your kid sucked starts, I definitely saw kids playing on higher level teams that were not better than players on teams below them. Personally I only cared if I saw my son getting better for the $$$ that I was forking over to them but that didn't happen. I can say 100% there is plenty of pay to play and politics at SUSA and if you are willing to start complaining then your kid will play and can be on a team that he/she has no business playing on. Works for SUSA and some parents, but not for other parents.

Reply Quote
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
SUSA Xmas Week 12/26
Holiday Cup Tournament 12/28