Forum Search
Latest Posts
New York Surf Severs their affiliation with UST
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:17 AM
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:17 AM
Dix Hills S.C. Partners with NY Surf Soccer Club
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 08:15 AM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 07/12/20 12:09 AM
*VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE* ABOUT UST AND DIX HILLS SC
by Anonymous - 07/11/20 11:52 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Flowers
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 57 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 56 57
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #729692 11/11/19 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fillipo took his anger harassing the BWG players at the end of the game, pretty lame

Pig! No profesional at all.

I grew up with Fillipo in our small town in Italy. We would watch soccer on tv after washing dishes at work all day. On Sundays we would get drunk and play with our friends. None of us were any good but we had fun

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #729697 11/11/19 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brooklyn Italians put out better teams than BWG. And guess what, between 5-15 it doesn’t matter if they win. If they try to play out of the back they will
Lose more than win. So go keep throwing your minuet in the garbage at BWG. Btw how many kids at BWG u 17 played there between 5-15 yrs. hardly any of them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729708 11/11/19 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you not embarrased to even mention BI in this thread? i have no issues with them but seriously you cant compare the two. i will even include MO as they are in a lot better shape than BI.

let mw see when was the last time BI won anything? you cant even win in you own tournament (indoor or outdoor) you beg BWG to please send young teams to attract the clubs (ask your directors).

also regarding it doesn't matter if they win i have to disagree...it is very important to try and do both win and develop. this country lost that once we went to no score keeping and trophies for everyone. we need to teach players how to win and lose and handle both situations.

and last not sure of the number of plays on the u17 but i would stay that at least 50% have been there. as for u19 i am sure its a lot less. that age group is a mess at the clubs

but like you said they suck and BI is the best club in NY putting quality teams on the field. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729726 11/11/19 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you not embarrased to even mention BI in this thread? i have no issues with them but seriously you cant compare the two. i will even include MO as they are in a lot better shape than BI.

let mw see when was the last time BI won anything? you cant even win in you own tournament (indoor or outdoor) you beg BWG to please send young teams to attract the clubs (ask your directors).

also regarding it doesn't matter if they win i have to disagree...it is very important to try and do both win and develop. this country lost that once we went to no score keeping and trophies for everyone. we need to teach players how to win and lose and handle both situations.

and last not sure of the number of plays on the u17 but i would stay that at least 50% have been there. as for u19 i am sure its a lot less. that age group is a mess at the clubs

but like you said they suck and BI is the best club in NY putting quality teams on the field. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bring any DA 2005 vs our BI 2005 ! DA is just a name. There are good players and teams like Manhattan soccer club 2005.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729730 11/11/19 10:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring any DA 2005 vs our BI 2005 ! DA is just a name. There are good players and teams like Manhattan soccer club 2005.

Listen this is for BDA teams. Go away

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729765 11/12/19 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that's right. This is a discussion about the glorified BDA teams. You know the Academy that's been around for 12 years and can't develop jack [****]. Both USMNT and USYNT are a complete joke. They will continue to get their butts handed to them by teams will with development and better scouting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729773 11/13/19 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that's right. This is a discussion about the glorified BDA teams. You know the Academy that's been around for 12 years and can't develop jack [****]. Both USMNT and USYNT are a complete joke. They will continue to get their butts handed to them by teams will with development and better scouting.

ok go away anyway to your low level league. this is BDA forum .

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729775 11/13/19 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US teenager exBWG Matteo Ritaccio sings pro deal with Liverpool. credit to BWG!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729776 11/13/19 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is true the 06 nycfc striker went back to barca?????

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729778 11/13/19 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done, congrats to Matteo on that incredible achievement. Hear lots of bickering back & forth on this board but surely we can all congratulate him and take pride on a local son doing good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729779 11/13/19 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What NYCFC player would ever leave regardless of age group and go back to barca. Cant say I know anything about this but find it MOST unlikely. As it is, dont believe barca is even a club that NYCFC looks to for players besides the occasional exception.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729780 11/13/19 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US teenager exBWG Matteo Ritaccio sings pro deal with Liverpool. credit to BWG!

Congrats to Matteo and the Ritaccio's! And let's give a shout out to US Soccer. This young man was not selected to the US National Team since he played for the team at U14, and then the geniuses woke and realized recently that the Liverpool scouts may know a thing or two. Right under their noses but they chose so many others ahead of him. Could it be because he determined to stay at BWG until U16 rather than move to NYCFC? Nah, couldn't be.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729782 11/13/19 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barca 2005 Pro beat BI in EDP 8-0 and beat Manhattan in EDP Cup 2-0. They have some former DA kids that left so they can enjoy their football and also be part of their community and play HS Soccer since 99.9% of all of these kids will not do this for a living. So there are many non DA Teams that can compete and beat most DA teams with the exception of NYCFC ,Red Bulls, Philly Union or most MLS DA teams. The entire local soccer area is completely watered down, you will never pool the best of the best because parents continuously move their kids from team to team.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729785 11/13/19 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fillipo took his anger harassing the BWG players at the end of the game, pretty lame

Pig! No profesional at all.

I grew up with Fillipo in our small town in Italy. We would watch soccer on tv after washing dishes at work all day. On Sundays we would get drunk and play with our friends. None of us were any good but we had fun

I don't know if this is serious but it just cracked me up!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729786 11/13/19 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barca 2005 Pro beat BI in EDP 8-0 and beat Manhattan in EDP Cup 2-0. They have some former DA kids that left so they can enjoy their football and also be part of their community and play HS Soccer since 99.9% of all of these kids will not do this for a living. So there are many non DA Teams that can compete and beat most DA teams with the exception of NYCFC ,Red Bulls, Philly Union or most MLS DA teams. The entire local soccer area is completely watered down, you will never pool the best of the best because parents continuously move their kids from team to team.

That’s why we can’t develop players. Jumping from the worst to the “”best””” and next season from the best to the worse. Never change

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729791 11/13/19 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What NYCFC player would ever leave regardless of age group and go back to barca. Cant say I know anything about this but find it MOST unlikely. As it is, dont believe barca is even a club that NYCFC looks to for players besides the occasional exception.

First, he hasn't return to BARCA but continues to train with them because whether you believe it or not the training at BARCA is better than NYCFC. Futhermore, NYCFC has indeed approach this kid while he was at BARCA and I see why. He is already their best 2006 player and NYCFC had nothing to do with his development.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729802 11/13/19 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, he hasn't returned to Barca but rather he will occasionally work out & train with his local travel team which is Barca. Let me give you a heads up. It probably has more to do with socializing with his friends than better training. Secondly, you are a fool. Have no idea which player you are referring to but the best player in the 06 age group plays up and hasnt played a game with the 05's since last year. I'm sure we can both agree that indeed is not the player you are referring to.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729807 11/13/19 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, he hasn't returned to Barca but rather he will occasionally work out & train with his local travel team which is Barca. Let me give you a heads up. It probably has more to do with socializing with his friends than better training. Secondly, you are a fool. Have no idea which player you are referring to but the best player in the 06 age group plays up and hasnt played a game with the 05's since last year. I'm sure we can both agree that indeed is not the player you are referring to.

No, let me enlighten you. He expected better training and competition when he arrived at NYCFC and hasn't seen either. He is currently the best player on the 2006 NYCFC squad and since he started late with them has played 3-4 games less than everyone else on the team. Furthermore, the two games NYCFC lost this season, he wasn't rostered.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729808 11/13/19 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New poster here. Both players are very good, and have different skill sets. I wouldn't draw positive (or negative) conclusions about Barca or NYCFC based on this. I will say the boy who plays up has a playing style that's sort of rare. He makes everyone around him look great. Superb distribution.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729815 11/13/19 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New poster here. Both players are very good, and have different skill sets. I wouldn't draw positive (or negative) conclusions about Barca or NYCFC based on this. I will say the boy who plays up has a playing style that's sort of rare. He makes everyone around him look great. Superb distribution.

The father of the 06 nycfc boy is extremely annoying ! The heavy one !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729816 11/13/19 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Instagram kid is way better than those 2006

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729817 11/13/19 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 06 nycfc kid is average at best. He’s short,slow and defensively poor. He’s good at passing but rarely moves the ball foward. Plays everything safe. His dad is very annoying but so are the 05 parents. Thus Is typical nycfc BS. They promote kids based on politics not playing ability. Kid will struggle in the future cause he won’t be able to keep up physically Red Bull kid is better

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729818 11/13/19 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYCFC academy player and LI's own Joe Scally sold today to Borussia Mönchengladbach for $2 million. Good for him. Best of luck to him and his former NYCFC Academy teammate Gio Reyna playing at Borussia Dortmund. Hope you both can make it big in the Bundesliga.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729826 11/14/19 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To put in perspective - I'm pretty familiar with the NYCFC 06 team and literally have NO idea which ex-barca player you are referring to as "being the best" My guess is, he is the best in your own mind and that the club doesn't hold him in the same regards as you. How it works is, the players they are most keen to develop, they play up in older age groups. Has this ex barca player played with the 05 team which is one of the best in the country or is simply "internal politics" that have kept him from playing up

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729830 11/14/19 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is crazy to compare Barcelona (just a franchise) to NYCFC, Red Bulls or any other DA clubs in the area (BWG or Met Oval). If a kid is good he/she should play DA soccer. The training is important but not the most important thing in the development. A coach sets a good environment, but the competition brings the best out of a kid. There is no way EDP, NPL can be compared with the competition in USSF Developmental Academies. Each player will only get better practicing with other great players and I am sorry but Barca can NOT provide that. Yes no doubt, the coaches at Barca are very good.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 57 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 56 57
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!