Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729564 11/08/19 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
[quote=Larry Miller]
Another topic that always seemed to get a lot of attention is Paul Riley, and that continues here and now. Many parents have different views of him but what is indisputable is that he has had great success with the girls youth program to the point that the list of WNT players that have passed through the Fury program is long and at times more that one on the same team. This past year alone there was Crystal Dunn and Allie Long. Really how many club coaches can say that?? If you want to go a bit further then just check out how many past Fury girls that Paul Riley has coached are currently playing in the NWSL. Every high level club DOC will be dangling carrots after all , as Larry Miller stated, youth soccer is big business. The Fury is no different and if you come in thinking any club is then... shame on you!!!. Now does every girl that plays for the Fury or any top team get to the WNT or NWSL level? No, of course not, but Paul Riley has had the most success there and to say that he makes big promises, he comes through more that any other. BTW... when it come to college recruiting, there isn't a womens college soccer coach that wouldn't take a call from Paul Riley

"List of WNT players that have passed through the Fury program is long and at times more that one on the same team." Really? I'd like you to list all these players, and I would also question who really developed and trained Dunn & long? Riley inherited them after they were developed and trained, meanwhile I'd be interested in seeing your list.

What you are saying is very deceptive. Assuming you are correct that Riley is the greatest, his employees are not. Riley is in NC and not Long Island. Riley is not training the kids. What is being promoted by you is a name and nothing more. A name does not produce anything but revenue, and accumulating revenue, or picking the pockets of the hopeful parents is what Riley does best. Riley is better as a salesman than a trainer, and that is why we call him, Slick.

Not deceptive at all, just the facts. His business acumen has been horrible and has made many missteps but Riley the trainer is the one you want training your daughter if she is on track to play in college which is why Dunn & Long came to play for him and not another club on LI. All these other clubs have the same problem of having trainers either with no licenses or licenses well below those required by ECNL & DA. Go on there websites and tell me how many trainers/coaches have “A” licenses? There is a lack of transparency at all these clubs but parents rationalize that it’s less than Fury so that is okay. It’s not okay and not acceptable. Roster size, playing time, your daughter’s development, etc. All these clubs are deceptive. There is plenty of Hanky/Panky at all these clubs.

Facts? How about these facts: he's here for the next three months. And you won't train in December. So two months. Twice a week. He can't do any tactical because he doesn't have the field space. So he doesn't see the kids play a real game. How can he truthfully recommend his players if hasn't seen them play in a game?

Yes he's an excellent trainer, likely one of the best. But he's a lying cheat as a doc and businessman.

Still waiting to see that list of players he trained and sent to the national team. And Long / Dunn. Ruari and a dozen other coaches will take credit for them as well.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729686 11/11/19 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very very quiet here.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729690 11/11/19 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very very quiet here.

Not unusual when they don't have enough players to fill their teams and have forfeited every game this season.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729704 11/11/19 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very very quiet here.

Not unusual when they don't have enough players to fill their teams and have forfeited every game this season.

As an EDP parent, reading all these posts, where do you have your daughter tryout. Every major organiation that I would think is the place to go, is bashed on this board.

Advice?

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729707 11/11/19 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very very quiet here.

As an EDP parent, reading all these posts, where do you have your daughter tryout. Every major organiation that I would think is the place to go, is bashed on this board.

Advice?

This is everywhere, but absolutely more so at Fury. You need a thick skin to be involved in youth soccer and deep pockets. But this thread is highlighting all the hanky panky at Fury (or whatever pie Slick has his hands in).

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729710 11/11/19 05:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very very quiet here.

Advice?

What do you want for your child? Stay in EDP as long as you can. Wait until U15-U16 and then see what club has what title. If your child is at that age, go to SUSA EM or LISC. Alby/Fury seems to be done If your child is good enough, a new face is always attractive to trainers and coaches.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729719 11/11/19 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless of what your feelings are towards Slick...(and believe me, there are no shortage of people that he has gladly taken money from, promised the moon to, and delivered nothing in return)...maybe we need to re-assess the entire structure...the DA is approximately 12 years old (on the boys side). In that time, the USMNT failed to qualify for the world cup, the u-23s tanked, and the most recent u-17s embarrassed the US soccer federation with their performance...but we are here with 30+ pages of smack-talking aimed at one man and his ridiculous business practices. Let's make one thing clear...I am not defending PR, or his business tactics. These same tactics have been used by guys all over LI who used to play for and train for PR and his PRSS and have followed his business model to the tune of people raving about them...indeed even driving 40+ miles three times a week at the age of 10 or 11 to train with them (SUSA for example). The problem is that we, as parents, are blind to the fact that there is a greater structure that needs to be completely dismantled. There was a great article in the san diego tribune recently that you should all take the time to read. Maybe then, people will wake up and realize how broken a system youth soccer is...How corrupt a business it really is...and when the federation in charge of "developing" our players is corrupt, what do you think will happen with the youth leagues responsible for fielding the teams that will train and develop our children?...(that is if you can even keep track of the roadmap of pathways in the youth leagues that are available to players today)

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...canada-gregg-jay-berhalter-national-team

The link above will take you to that article. However, we, as parents, need to reassess what we value when it comes to youth soccer. Here is a question...out of the latest USWNT World Champion roster how many of those women played club ball and HS soccer? If my research was correct...all but 2. But the DA model preaching development on the boys side for 12 years (roughly 2 and a half world cup cycles) has produced absolutely nothing...other than failure, in every aspect of the word.

Hanky Panky, whatever you want to call it...it goes well beyond this club...it is a broken system in and of itself.

I recently went to a coaching seminar where Hugo Perez spoke. The same Hugo Perez who was fired by US Soccer after a successful career with US Soccer...oh, and by the way, he now works for the Mexican Federation identifying potential youth players with dual citizenship...

When asked why he was relieved of his duties (referenced in the article above), he explained it was for failure to conform to USSF standards and speak only english to the players...

but hey...maybe it's all the fault of PR and his Fury Business model...

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729721 11/11/19 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless of what your feelings are towards Slick...(and believe me, there are no shortage of people that he has gladly taken money from, promised the moon to, and delivered nothing in return)...maybe we need to re-assess the entire structure...the DA is approximately 12 years old (on the boys side). In that time, the USMNT failed to qualify for the world cup, the u-23s tanked, and the most recent u-17s embarrassed the US soccer federation with their performance...but we are here with 30+ pages of smack-talking aimed at one man and his ridiculous business practices. Let's make one thing clear...I am not defending PR, or his business tactics. These same tactics have been used by guys all over LI who used to play for and train for PR and his PRSS and have followed his business model to the tune of people raving about them...indeed even driving 40+ miles three times a week at the age of 10 or 11 to train with them (SUSA for example). The problem is that we, as parents, are blind to the fact that there is a greater structure that needs to be completely dismantled. There was a great article in the san diego tribune recently that you should all take the time to read. Maybe then, people will wake up and realize how broken a system youth soccer is...How corrupt a business it really is...and when the federation in charge of "developing" our players is corrupt, what do you think will happen with the youth leagues responsible for fielding the teams that will train and develop our children?...(that is if you can even keep track of the roadmap of pathways in the youth leagues that are available to players today)

The link above will take you to that article. However, we, as parents, need to reassess what we value when it comes to youth soccer. Here is a question...out of the latest USWNT World Champion roster how many of those women played club ball and HS soccer? If my research was correct...all but 2. But the DA model preaching development on the boys side for 12 years (roughly 2 and a half world cup cycles) has produced absolutely nothing...other than failure, in every aspect of the word.

Hanky Panky, whatever you want to call it...it goes well beyond this club...it is a broken system in and of itself.

I recently went to a coaching seminar where Hugo Perez spoke. The same Hugo Perez who was fired by US Soccer after a successful career with US Soccer...oh, and by the way, he now works for the Mexican Federation identifying potential youth players with dual citizenship...

When asked why he was relieved of his duties (referenced in the article above), he explained it was for failure to conform to USSF standards and speak only english to the players...

You just proved the point of this whole thread.
Paul in June 2018: I don't like ECNLs model, DA is the place to be. And no HS soccer.
Paul in June 2019: go play HS if you want but your still registered with the DA
Paul in June 2019: we follow a periodization plan. Now go and sign up for futsal on your one day off.
Paul in Oct 2019: DA has the wrong model.

You can read about the rest of his lies in this thread, then comeback here and point to any other organization as screwed up as this one one. We'll wait....

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729724 11/11/19 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...as I said...I am not defending paul riley. His business tactics are for his own benefit. However, he has taken advantage of an uneducated population. People think the DA is the top level...the cream of the crop...however, if you follow the sh$>show that is the USSF...and the way they have tried to monetize and capitalize the sport on upper middle class white communities....then you would realize that THIS GOES WAY BEYOND PAUL RILEY AND HIS MINIONS AND THEIR MODEL...

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Larry Miller] #729731 11/11/19 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these soccer businesses and lots of other youth sports just exploit uber competitive parents with disposable income. No one has to sign up for the nonsense but lots do to chase the status of playing in the best league or the for the best club, etc. These league models are completely inefficient and waste vast amount of time and money for no soccer benefit at all.

The customers are responsible for this mess as well as the soccer businesses and the federation.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729740 11/12/19 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these soccer businesses and lots of other youth sports just exploit uber competitive parents with disposable income. No one has to sign up for the nonsense but lots do to chase the status of playing in the best league or the for the best club, etc. These league models are completely inefficient and waste vast amount of time and money for no soccer benefit at all.

The customers are responsible for this mess as well as the soccer businesses and the federation.

Totally Agree!!! These parents are crazy!!!

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729744 11/12/19 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...as I said...I am not defending paul riley. His business tactics are for his own benefit. However, he has taken advantage of an uneducated population. People think the DA is the top level...the cream of the crop...however, if you follow the sh$>show that is the USSF...and the way they have tried to monetize and capitalize the sport on upper middle class white communities....then you would realize that THIS GOES WAY BEYOND PAUL RILEY AND HIS MINIONS AND THEIR MODEL...

Different poster and you are absolutely right. Fury is just one of many symptoms of the life threatening illness that is US Soccer. Having 3 poorly run LI clubs showed they only care about market share, not quality. Expaniding the U17s into two teams? Again, market share. Many clubs are struggling to fill rosters and had to monkey around with HS "waivers" to have teams the rest of the year. BDA is better, but its hardly a nirvana either. If MLS clubs pull out I'm not sure the rest of BDA survives in its present form.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729748 11/12/19 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different poster and you are absolutely right. Fury is just one of many symptoms of the life threatening illness that is US Soccer. Having 3 poorly run LI clubs showed they only care about market share, not quality. Expaniding the U17s into two teams? Again, market share. Many clubs are struggling to fill rosters and had to monkey around with HS "waivers" to have teams the rest of the year. BDA is better, but its hardly a nirvana either. If MLS clubs pull out I'm not sure the rest of BDA survives in its present form.

Ok, thanks for your opinion of the DA system. There's already a thread for that. At the heart of this thread and the basis of each post is the Paul Riley and Fury experience. So if you'd like to change the narrative, there's a thread you can bring back to life. In the meantime, let's hear about the time Paul Riley screwed you over.

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729749 11/12/19 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All true, but what are we going to do about it? Should we stop our kids from playing soccer in protest? Should we start our own league, not in any way associated with USSF? How do we break the chokehold that the MLS teams have on soccer in the US? Is there a petition or movement to get rid of the current corrupt foundations?

Reply Quote
Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA [Re: Anonymous] #729751 11/12/19 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, thanks for your opinion of the DA system. There's already a thread for that. At the heart of this thread and the basis of each post is the Paul Riley and Fury experience. So if you'd like to change the narrative, there's a thread you can bring back to life. In the meantime, let's hear about the time Paul Riley screwed you over.

Paul Riley is a really high-quality guy. He refused to take our money even though we begged him to take it. He showed up to all the training sessions with a few other high-quality A license trainers, who were also all really nice people. He worked tirelessly with the kids to make sure they all improved every day. He was very straight forward and honest with us at all times. smile

Reply Quote
Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
SUSA Xmas Week 12/26
Holiday Cup Tournament 12/28