Forum Search
Latest Posts
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Larry Miller - 06/02/20 05:05 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 04:44 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 03:17 PM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 01:04 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Sandy Stream Pond at Sunrise Baxter State Park Maine
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #729485 11/07/19 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent who both has kids in top-level travel and coaches in a local community league, I can tell you that all the best athletes are not playing in the top leagues in the USA - not even those who are interested to play soccer.

It is simply too expensive and too complicated for most ordinary families to play travel soccer. As a result, at top-level clubs you usually get those families who have emigrated to the USA from soccer cultures, and/or have the level of disposable income and free time to invest in their kids (and their) passions. Even the scholarship kids are like this, as their parents got them into some kind of training program - like RDS or some local team / league. Those kids who like soccer but dont have parents who know anything about it or are willing to invest the crazy money and time it requires to get formal training just play along the edges in school gyms and crappy local rec programs, where they demonstrate creativity and IQ but lack well-rounded technical skill and field discipline.

FWIW I think USSF (and to a lesser degree the MLS teams) have invested their money all wrong. If I had a budget Id spread it across 20 top metros and invest heavily in free local training programs and small-sided competitions open to everyone to really identify those kids with both the interest and aptitude to play instead of the parents who can pay.

This is 100% correct. Investment should be at the grass roots level. Build some nice 5 a side pitches around metro areas for local kids to play pick up. Invest some money in grass roots soccer especially in getting coaches licenses and in training referees. I don't know if it still exists but NYCFC having a youth soccer league is a great idea. Every MLS club should do that and they should run and supervise it. Right now it just looks like investment in soccer comes from wealthy parents who can get their kids to travel clubs and RDS and hire private coaches and use instagram. In other countries there is no financial barrier to playing club soccer.

yes that family is investing in Instagram and paying tons of money with private lesson at a kid 10 years old. money isn't an issue for this family the only edge this kid have over others is that he trains double or more than his piers. talented ? maybe for me is just an average kid, don't judge by the videos ,they all are the good videos of many hours making them .lets see in 3-4 years when puberty hit him and parents wont be able to control him. this is what money can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=X_YqH7E2Lcg Barcelona future start? Kid at 10 with Instagram twiter, facebook you tube channel and is all over the media with millions of view. good job parents .

Bruh how rich is this kid?
Louis Vuitton cleats
Personal coaches
And worst of all...
Recovery chambers.

You should do the same video but about a 16 year old

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #729493 11/07/19 04:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who both has kids in top-level travel and coaches in a local community league, I can tell you that all the best athletes are not playing in the top leagues in the USA - not even those who are interested to play soccer.

It is simply too expensive and too complicated for most ordinary families to play travel soccer. As a result, at top-level clubs you usually get those families who have emigrated to the USA from soccer cultures, and/or have the level of disposable income and free time to invest in their kids (and their) passions. Even the scholarship kids are like this, as their parents got them into some kind of training program - like RDS or some local team / league. Those kids who like soccer but dont have parents who know anything about it or are willing to invest the crazy money and time it requires to get formal training just play along the edges in school gyms and crappy local rec programs, where they demonstrate creativity and IQ but lack well-rounded technical skill and field discipline.

FWIW I think USSF (and to a lesser degree the MLS teams) have invested their money all wrong. If I had a budget Id spread it across 20 top metros and invest heavily in free local training programs and small-sided competitions open to everyone to really identify those kids with both the interest and aptitude to play instead of the parents who can pay.

This is 100% correct. Investment should be at the grass roots level. Build some nice 5 a side pitches around metro areas for local kids to play pick up. Invest some money in grass roots soccer especially in getting coaches licenses and in training referees. I don't know if it still exists but NYCFC having a youth soccer league is a great idea. Every MLS club should do that and they should run and supervise it. Right now it just looks like investment in soccer comes from wealthy parents who can get their kids to travel clubs and RDS and hire private coaches and use instagram. In other countries there is no financial barrier to playing club soccer.

yes that family is investing in Instagram and paying tons of money with private lesson at a kid 10 years old. money isn't an issue for this family the only edge this kid have over others is that he trains double or more than his piers. talented ? maybe for me is just an average kid, don't judge by the videos ,they all are the good videos of many hours making them .lets see in 3-4 years when puberty hit him and parents wont be able to control him. this is what money can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=X_YqH7E2Lcg Barcelona future start? Kid at 10 with Instagram twiter, facebook you tube channel and is all over the media with millions of view. good job parents .

I am more impressed with the 6 year old instagram kid with 2.5 million followers. His father posts all the videos and captures the successes as well as the failures. No gym, no fancy equipment, no expensive trainers and no fancy cleats. Just him, his ball and his friends. Just like all the great soccer stars did it. When this kid turns 10 years old he would be leaps and bounds ahead of the fancy instagram kid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729503 11/07/19 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally out of touch with reality, coach is in your head I'm glad your passionate and have tremendous hopes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729518 11/08/19 06:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What mls academy

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729519 11/08/19 09:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same with Olivia Moultrie - the supposed super stud 14 year old who "went pro" with Portland and was featured in a Nike ad. Walked away from an early commit to UNC. Her parents are rich, pay for her to train all the time, I think the dad manages her social media presence. Yes she's good, but she's not as outstanding as you'd expect for how much time and $ is put into her training.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729526 11/08/19 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MLS needs to start compensating academies for poaching their kids. If MLS teams want to use academies as their "minor league" feeder program - they should start cutting checks for each kid they take. That money could then be invested by the academies to put tons of kids on scholarship that may not otherwise be able to play. If Red Bulls want a kid from Gotschee and NYCFC wants the same kid - let them bid it out.

MLS can window dress their "grow the game" efforts - but it is embarrassing the lack of investment the MLS makes anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729530 11/08/19 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MLS needs to start compensating academies for poaching their kids. If MLS teams want to use academies as their "minor league" feeder program - they should start cutting checks for each kid they take. That money could then be invested by the academies to put tons of kids on scholarship that may not otherwise be able to play. If Red Bulls want a kid from Gotschee and NYCFC wants the same kid - let them bid it out.

MLS can window dress their "grow the game" efforts - but it is embarrassing the lack of investment the MLS makes anywhere.

That would assume that the player is the possession of the club (Gotschee in your example). The reality is that if a player is invited to play with NYCFC or Red Bulls then the player, on their own, leaves their club to join NYCFC or Red Bulls.

You guys use the word poaching. MLS academy teams are the top of the pyramid. It should be the goal of every good player to be on an MLS Academy. team. Then from MLS Academy teams the US National Team can select their players.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729532 11/08/19 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and MO vs BWG again this weekend let the clasico start !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729539 11/08/19 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same with Olivia Moultrie - the supposed super stud 14 year old who "went pro" with Portland and was featured in a Nike ad. Walked away from an early commit to UNC. Her parents are rich, pay for her to train all the time, I think the dad manages her social media presence. Yes she's good, but she's not as outstanding as you'd expect for how much time and $ is put into her training.

116K followers !

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729579 11/09/19 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I n luv listening to MO parents trying to brag about how great some players they have are. Yet looking at their schedule they have played nobody.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729598 11/09/19 07:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I n luv listening to MO parents trying to brag about how great some players they have are. Yet looking at their schedule they have played nobody.

2005 lost today again

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729604 11/10/19 12:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2005 lost today again

MO is pretty quiet with the social media. BWG 4 MO 1 . Let’s go BWG.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729610 11/10/19 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and MO vs BWG again this weekend let the clasico start !

for those interested:
U13 BWG 5 - Met Oval 0
U14 BWG 2 - Met Oval 0
U15 BWG 4 - Met Oval 1
U17 BWG 2 - Met Oval 1
U19 BWG 2 - Met Oval 5

(and the U16 pre academy tied 1-1)

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729614 11/10/19 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fillipo took his anger harassing the BWG players at the end of the game, pretty lame

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729619 11/10/19 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fillipo took his anger harassing the BWG players at the end of the game, pretty lame

Funny thing is he'll harass the boys and then later attempt to poach them!! Typical of him!!! lol!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729629 11/10/19 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s laughable. There’s nobody worth poaching on either team

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729632 11/10/19 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much does it cost to play at MO and BWG

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729636 11/10/19 05:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much does it cost to play at MO and BWG

3K no including uniform and other cost.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729637 11/10/19 05:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pig! No profesional at all.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729645 11/10/19 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical classless BWG parents. Enjoy spending your $ for a big win vs MO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729650 11/10/19 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical classless BWG parents. Enjoy spending your $ for a big win vs MO

What does that even mean?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729653 11/10/19 11:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #729662 11/11/19 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s laughable. There’s nobody worth poaching on either team

Is it laughable? The box score hasn't posted but I'll guess that the one game that MO did win was likely because of the former BWG players who played for BWG last year. MO is very good at recruiting. Developing? Not so much. It is no coincidence that MO has weak young teams while BWG's young teams win the NY Cup regularly. BWG's strongest teams don't even play academy yet. What MO does really well is take strong players onto their roster for a year or two and then take credit for those players when/if Red Bulls or NYCFC take them. If MO finished even .500 this past weekend against BWG you could be sure that their social media would have been in full swing this weekend and all of this week.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729663 11/11/19 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only games that matter are u19 and u17. Nobody cares about the younger games Kids go to MO to get to nycfc. Kids go to BWG cause they can’t make MO

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #729671 11/11/19 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only games that matter are u19 and u17. Nobody cares about the younger games Kids go to MO to get to nycfc. Kids go to BWG cause they can’t make MO

I would say the same if my trainers couldn't develop players at a young age when development matters. If you want your child to develop between the ages of 5 and 15, it sure as hell matters to you which program consistently puts out winning teams. If your teams consistently lose at ages 5-15, you say only u17 and u19 matter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!